Eight dead after shooting in Texas
Eight people were fatally shot Sunday evening in a home in Plano, Texas, including the suspected gunman, who was killed by police, APA reported citing USA Today.
Two other shooting victims were taken to the hospital for medical treatment, Plano police officer David Tilley told.
"We’re looking into a motive," he said. The relationship between the victims and the shooter was not yet known, and all involved are believed to be adults, he said.
The Texas Ranger Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety was also on the scene of the investigation, said Tilley. The officer who shot the suspect was placed on administrative leave pending the investigation, which is protocol, he said.
The shooting happened shortly after 8 p.m. CT, Tilley said.
Crystal Sugg, who said she works nearby, told that she saw a man and a woman arguing outside the home, which is in a suburb north of Dallas.
After the argument, the woman went back in, Sugg said, and the man followed with a gun drawn. Sugg then heard a multitude of shots from what she said sounded like an automatic weapon.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018Operation desert storm memorial to be built in Washington, DC
- 23.06.2018Trump urges Republican lawmakers to drop immigration bill until election
- 22.06.2018Trump prolongs sanctions against North Korea for another year
- 22.06.2018Venezuela to back OPEC + decisions aimed at stabilization of oil price
- 22.06.2018Pentagon asked to house up to 20,000 migrant children
- 22.06.2018US House rejects conservative immigration bill
- 21.06.2018Trump signs order halting separation of families
- 20.06.2018House to vote on Thursday on immigration bills
- 20.06.2018US withdraws from UN Human Rights Council
- 19.06.2018US, Russian top diplomats discuss Syria over phone
- 19.06.2018Trump orders creation of US 'Space Force'
- 17.06.2018Argentina to replace energy and production ministers
- 16.06.2018At least 17 dead in Venezuelan nightclub after tear gas blast
- 16.06.2018Kushner, Haley hold talks with UN chief on humanitarian needs in Gaza
- 16.06.2018U.S. warns Americans of terrorism threat at World Cup in Russia
- 16.06.2018Trump supports Republican immigration bills in U.S. House: White House
- 16.06.2018U.S. judge sends ex-Trump campaign head Manafort to jail pre-trial
- 16.06.2018Trump sets tariffs on $50 billion in Chinese goods; Beijing strikes back
- 15.06.2018Trump tells G7 leaders that Crimea is Russian
- 15.06.2018Pompeo says North Korea sanctions to remain until complete denuclearisation
- 15.06.2018UN calls for vital port of Hudaydah to stay open
- 15.06.2018Nicaragua president's foes stage nationwide strike
- 15.06.2018DoD Chief Mattis Discusses With S Korean Counterpart Results of Singapore Summit
- 15.06.2018US forces conduct airstrike in Libya, manage to kill one terrorist
- 14.06.2018Facebook's chief of communications, policy to step down
- 14.06.2018Norwegian politicians nominate Donald Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- 14.06.2018UN votes to condemn Israel's 'excessive force' against Gaza Protests
- 14.06.2018Top White House officials planning to quit
- 14.06.2018Volcanic ash forces Guatemala airport to suspend operations
- 14.06.2018Trump says summit removed North Korean nuclear threat
- 14.06.2018Antarctic thaw quickens, trillions of tonnes of ice raise sea levels
- 13.06.2018Trump, Iran spar over oil prices ahead of OPEC meeting
- 13.06.2018Trump says no war games while North Korea negotiates in good faith
- 13.06.2018New US sanctions will have no effect - Russia’s Foreign Ministry
- 13.06.2018Kim Jong-un, Donald Trump accept each other's visit invitations
- 12.06.2018UN Sec Gen: implementing agreements by US, North Korean leaders requires patience
- 12.06.2018US must sustain maximum economic pressure on Pyongyang - House Speaker
- 12.06.2018Trump top economic adviser suffers heart attack moments before Trump-Kim Summit
- 12.06.2018US sanctions new Russian entities over cyberattacks
- 12.06.2018US extradites former Panamanian president
- 11.09.2017Death toll at 96 in Mexico quake
- 12.09.2017US top court temporarily upholds Trump's refugee ban
- 12.09.2017US: Harvey, Irma estimated to cost $290 billion
- 10.09.2017Hurricane Irma nearing landfall in US Florida coast
- 10.09.2017Death toll from massive Mexican quake rises to 65
- 09.09.2017Hurricane Irma poses toughest test for U.S. nuclear industry since Fukushima