Date and time of first Putin-Trump meeting on sidelines of G20 Summit revealed
Baku-APA. The meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and his US counterpart Donald Trump on the sidelines of G20 Summit in Hamburg has been scheduled for 13:45 GMT on Friday, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
It will be the first time the two leaders meet in person.
Earlier today, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov asserted that the meeting will be an opportunity to understand true approach in relation to bilateral ties.
"They will be able to personally exchange their thoughts on the most pressing issues and, most importantly, this will be an opportunity to get acquainted, to understand after all each other's true approach in relation to bilateral ties," Peskov told reporters.
In his turn, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson expressed hope that Trump and Putin would have a "good exchange" on how they see the relationship between their two countries.
The G20 summit will be held in the German city of Hamburg on July 7-8.
Related news releases
- 25.05.2018US to impose new sanctions against North Korea next week
- 24.05.2018UN chief hails efforts to keep Iran nuclear deal alive
- 24.05.2018US imposes new sanctions targeting Iranian airlines, four Turkish companies
- 24.05.2018Trump calls off meeting with North Korea's Kim
- 24.05.2018State Department orders two Venezuelan diplomats to leave US in 48 hours
- 24.05.2018Trump blocking critics on Twitter violates Constitution: U.S. judge
- 24.05.2018US: Pompeo says China incident matches Cuba 'attacks'
- 24.05.2018Trump says will know next week if North Korea summit to go ahead
- 24.05.2018Pompeo: U.S. will walk away from North Korea summit rather than take bad deal
- 24.05.2018U.N. Security Council approves North Korea travel to Singapore: diplomats
- 23.05.2018One killed, a dozen injured in fireworks storage blast in Spain
- 23.05.2018US Treasury vows to cancel sanctions against Russia's GAZ Group
- 23.05.2018White House continues with preparations for Trump-Kim summit
- 23.05.2018White House: US Intel Community to brief Republicans on Russiagate
- 22.05.2018Venezuela expels US diplomat over 'conspiring' against government
- 22.05.2018OPEC may decide to ease oil supply curbs in June
- 22.05.2018Facebook's Zuckerberg to apologise to EU lawmakers over data leak
- 22.05.2018Trump says summit with Kim may be delayed
- 22.05.2018Cuba plane crash death toll rises to 111
- 21.05.2018U.S. toughens stance on Iran, lists sweeping demands
- 20.05.201822 injured after flash fire at plant near Pasadena
- 20.05.2018110 Confirmed Dead in Cuba Boeing 737 Plane Crash
- 19.05.2018Crashed Cuban plane's passengers included five foreigners plus crew: state media
- 19.05.2018U.S. sanctions No. 2 official in Venezuela's Socialist party
- 19.05.2018More than 100 killed in passenger plane crash in Cuba - UPDATED-1
- 18.05.2018In speech, Pompeo to call for 'broad support' against Iran
- 18.05.2018Senate approves Gina Haspel as next CIA director
- 18.05.2018PayPal in talks to buy Sweden's iZettle in $2.2 billion deal: WSJ
- 18.05.2018'Loner' student shoots and kills 10 at Texas school - UPDATED
- 18.05.2018US says ready to defend as Russia deploys in Mediterranean
- 17.05.2018China becomes spoiled on trade, trade deal unlikely to happen - Trump - UPDATED
- 17.05.2018Scope of drills unchanged amid preparations to Summit with Kim - Pentagon
- 17.05.2018Canada's Trudeau says feeling positive about NAFTA talks
- 17.05.2018Explosive eruption occurs at Hawaii's Kilauea volcano
- 17.05.2018Key senators: 'no doubt' Russia sought to interfere in U.S. election
- 17.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in capital of Arkansas
- 17.05.2018U.S. sanctions Hezbollah leader Nasrallah, deputy Qassem
- 17.05.2018UN 'collapsed' in face of Gaza killings: Turkish leader
- 16.05.2018Trump says 'We'll see' on North Korea summit, to insist on denuclearization
- 16.05.2018Trump tweets: China has 'much to give' in trade negotiations
- 06.07.2017Trump limits number of troops Pentagon may send to Afghanistan
- 07.07.2017Washington expressed concern over the killing of civilians in Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fizuli region
- 08.07.2017At least one killed in blaze at El Salvador ministry
- 06.07.2017Tillerson says important for Trump, Putin to have good exchange
- 06.07.2017FARC splinter group releases UN worker in Colombia
- 06.07.2017UN chief to return to Cyprus talks