At least two killed in San Francisco UPS facility shooting - UPDATED
At least two people were killed and several others wounded on Wednesday when a man thought to be a United Parcel Service Inc (UPS.N) employee opened fire at a company facility in San Francisco, the San Francisco Chronicle reported, citing officials and witnesses, APA reports quoting Reuters.
San Francisco police said the building was secure but offered no immediate information on victims.
Live video showed a massive police presence near the facility, with employees being led out and embracing each other on the sidewalk just outside.
"UPS confirms there was an incident involving employees within the company’s facility in San Francisco earlier this morning," the company said in a statement.
"Local law enforcement have control of the facility and are conducting an investigation. We cannot provide information as to the identity of persons involved at this time, pending the police investigation," the statement said.
Several people injured in a shooting at UPS facility in San Francisco, media reported citing local authorities, APA reports quoting sputniknews.
Shooting was reported at 17th street and Vermont in San Francisco. The reports of multiple victims appeared after that.
Related news releases
- 16.08.2017Explosion occurs at plaza Venezuela metro station in Caracas
- 16.08.2017Trump: Both sides to blame in Charlottesville violence
- 16.08.2017Colombia’s FARC to become political party with new name, same acronym
- 16.08.2017U.S. confident of 'peaceable' Venezuelan solution
- 16.08.2017US senator McCain urges Trump to promote free trade as NAFTA talks begin
- 15.08.2017U.S. sanctions hit Russian hopes of a 'Trump bump' for investment
- 15.08.2017Oil prices steady after overnight tumble on dollar strength
- 15.08.2017Venezuela's Maduro seeks to capitalize on Trump's military threat
- 15.08.2017Pence says 'failed state' in Venezuela threatens United States
- 15.08.2017Trump condemns KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists
- 14.08.2017Trump returns to Washington with target on China
- 14.08.2017Mike Pence: Peaceful solution to Venezuela crisis is possible
- 13.08.20172 killed in helicopter crash in U.S. state of Virginia
- 13.08.2017Emergency declared in the US as clashes erupt at hate rally
- 12.08.2017At least 1 killed, over 30 injured in Charlottesville Far-Right violence
- 12.08.2017Magnitude 5.6 quake kills 1, hurts 2 in Peru
- 12.08.2017Venezuela defense chief calls Trump threat of intervention 'crazy'
- 12.08.2017Trump: North Korea will regret any acts against US
- 12.08.2017Trump: Military option possible in Venezuela
- 12.08.2017Trump will send envoys to Middle East to discuss peace: official
- 12.08.2017US not interested in talking about back channels with North Korea
- 11.08.2017US state secretary calls for delay of Kurd region poll
- 11.08.2017Trump tweets 'military solutions for North Korea are locked and loaded'
- 11.08.2017Trump thanks Putin for expelling U.S. diplomats, infuriating State Department
- 11.08.2017US could shut Russian consulate over diplomatic ouster
- 11.08.2017Venezuela's Maduro says ready for talks with Trump
- 11.08.2017Trump declares national emergency on opioid abuse
- 11.08.2017Trump escalates warning to North Korea
- 10.08.2017U.S. destroyer challenges China's claims in South China Sea
- 10.08.2017US strongly reacts to Putin's visit to Abkhazia
- 10.08.2017Guam governor says 'no panic' on US pacific island over North Korea's threat
- 10.08.2017Cuban diplomats expelled from US over mystery illness
- 10.08.2017Oil inches higher after data points to declining U.S. inventories
- 09.08.2017Pentagon chief issues stark warning to North Korea
- 09.08.2017US sanctions 22 Mexican individuals, 43 entities tied to drug gang
- 09.08.2017Trump boasts of U.S. nuclear power in warning to North Korea
- 09.08.2017Trump campaign turns over thousands of documents in Russia probe
- 09.08.2017US regulators to probe Qualcomm’s complaints of Apple
- 09.08.2017Venezuela using excessive force, arrests to crush protests: U.N.
- 08.08.2017Trump: North Korean threats 'will be met with fire & fury'
- 14.06.2017US-led coalition using banned arms in Syria, Iraq: HRW
- 14.06.2017US congressman Steve Scalise in critical condition after shooting attack
- 15.06.2017US Senate overwhelmingly approves Russia sanctions
- 14.06.2017US lawmakers file anti-Trump lawsuit for alleged abuse of constitution
- 14.06.2017Congressman shot at baseball field in US
- 14.06.2017The state Department has accused Russia of meddling in the elections of France and the Netherlands