NEWS FEED
Zoom
10:22 25 June
TOP 5

Congo announces 11 new Ebola cases


Congo's Ministry of Health has announced 11 new confirmed Ebola cases and two deaths tied to cases in the country's northwest, APA reports citing Associated Press.

 

A ministry statement late Thursday said that the total number of Ebola cases is now 45, including 10 suspected, 21 probable and 14 confirmed. It said there has been one new death in Bikoro, where the Ebola outbreak was announced last week and where the first death took place. That new death had epidemiological ties to another case. The other death was a suspected case in Wangata.

 

It said of the now 25 dead, only one death has been confirmed as Ebola. The ministry says no new health professionals have been contaminated.

 

One nurse had died, and three others were among suspected cases since the outbreak began.

 

The updates come after Congo reported its first case in a major city.

Related news releases

VİDEO NEWS

PHOTO NEWS

  • Elections in Turkey held in compliance with int’l standards:...
  • USD rate for June 27 announced
+2
EXCHANGE RATE
FOREX
/ 25 June, 2018

USD
1.7
 
EUR
1.981
 
RR
0.0269