4 people killed in helicopter crash in Algeria
Four people died on Thursday in a helicopter crash in the Douira neighborhood of Algiers, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
The helicopter, which belongs to the Tassili Airlines Company, was rented to the National Agency for Studies and Follow-up on Railways Investment, Tassili Airlines spokesman Karim Bahard was quoted by the APS news agency as saying.
The victims include the pilot and his assistant, in addition to two air photographers who were conducting a cartography of the new railway line linking Algiers downtown to the western suburb of Zeralda, the report said.
In the past three years, the North African nation has witnessed a number of planes crashes, mostly of military aircraft.
The last accident took place in mid June, when a military helicopter crashed in the province of Naama, 700 km southwest of Algiers, leaving one soldier dead.
The most fatal plane crash was reported in Feb. 2014, when a C-130 Hercules aircraft of the Algerian Air Force crashed in Oum El Bouaghi province, 400 km east of Algiers, killing 77 soldiers.
In April 2015, a military helicopter crashed in the southern province of Illizi, killing two soldiers. In Nov. 2014, an Algerian Air Force MIG-25 'Foxbat' fighter crashed, but the pilot managed to eject himself out of the plane and survived.
Related news releases
- 10.12.201719 die as police vehicle meets accident in Kenya
- 10.12.2017Cholera kills 8 in southern Tanzania
- 09.12.201714 UN peacekeepers killed in DR Congo
- 08.12.2017Death toll from South Sudan clashes hits 90
- 03.12.2017Zimbabwe's Mnangagwa replaces ministers after outcry
- 02.12.2017Twin suicide bombings kill 13 in northeast Nigeria
- 01.12.2017Death toll from Somalia truck bomb in October now at 512
- 01.12.2017Boko Haram razes village, kills at least 5 in Nigeria
- 28.11.201740 killed, dozens kidnapped in South Sudan cattle raid
- 28.11.2017Death toll in Egypt mosque attack rises to 309
- 26.11.2017Zambian troops arrive in Lesotho as standby force
- 26.11.2017Boat sinks off Libya, killing at least 31
- 25.11.2017Terrorist act in Egypt committed by ISIL
- 25.11.2017Death toll from Sinai mosque explosion hits 305
- 24.11.2017Death toll from Sinai mosque explosion hits 235 - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Death toll from Sinai mosque explosion hits 184- UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Zimbabwe's new President Emmerson Mnangagwa sworn in
- 22.11.2017Zimbabwe's Mnangagwa to be sworn in as president on Friday
- 22.11.2017At least 30 children killed in Nigeria over brutal interethnic clashes - Police
- 21.11.2017Zimbabwe's Mugabe resigns
- 21.11.20176 farmers beheaded in Nigeria’s insurgency-wracked NE
- 21.11.2017Militant killed, 18 arrested in Egypt's Sinai: Army
- 20.11.2017Zimbabwe's ZANU-PF sets Mugabe impeachment ball rolling
- 18.11.2017Zimbabwe's ruling ZANU-PF party calls for Mugabe resignation
- 17.11.2017'There's no going back,' Zimbabwe's party tells Mugabe
- 17.11.2017Deposed Zimbabwe vice president to form transitional government
- 17.11.2017Three militant killed, 74 arrested in Egypt’s raids in Sinai
- 16.11.2017Zimbabwe state-run media releases photos of Mugabe meeting with army commander
- 16.11.2017Kenya to Allow Non-Military Use of Drones
- 16.11.2017Libyan forces hit Islamic State camp with air strike: commander
- 16.11.2017Suicide bombers kill 14 in northeast Nigeria
- 15.11.2017Zimbabwe: military takes control of state broadcaster in capital Harare, urges calm
- 14.11.2017EU migrant deal with Libya is 'inhuman' - UN
- 12.11.2017US drone strike in Somalia against al-Shabab kills several
- 11.11.2017Airstrikes kill 10 militants in Egypt’s Sinai
- 11.11.2017Tunisia's President prolongs state of emergency in country for 3 months
- 09.11.2017Tanzania: 5 pupils dead, 43 injured in grenade blast
- 08.11.2017South Sudanese government extends unilateral cease-fire
- 07.11.2017DR Congo: Cholera killed over 700 in last 3 months
- 07.11.2017President declares state of emergency in central Sudan
- 12.08.2017Kenya: President Kenyatta reelected for 5 more years
- 12.08.2017Death toll from Egypt train crash reaches 49 - UPDATED
- 12.08.2017Eleven dead as post-election unrest erupts in Kenya
- 10.08.2017Zambian president, opposition leader agree to dialogue
- 10.08.2017Post-election riots in Kenya kill 5
- 08.08.201731 fishermen killed in Boko Haram attack in Nigeria