Political analyst: Constructive negotiations impossible with a dilettante and hard-line nationalist like Pashinyan
As a nationalist, Nikol Pashinyan shows his Armenian character at every step, and the statements addressed by the head of an invader country to the country that has been subject to invasion are a far cry from ethics and political norms, political analyst Gabil Huseynli told APA.
He was commenting on Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan's statement about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict in his speech at the parliament.
Huseynli said Armenia has military units in Nagorno-Karabakh, where Armenian citizens are serving, adding that Armenia is involved in forming the “NKR’” budget.
"If the “NKR” is an independent subject, let Armenian troops withdraw from there. As long as this occupation continues and the Armenian government supports it, Azerbaijan can only negotiate with them. Overall, Pashinyan's position, his statements do not help with the negotiation process on the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and with the ongoing problems in Armenia, but on the contrary, it deepens these crises. No matter if it is a democrat or a non-democrat, the Armenian feature is manifested. How does Pashinyan intend to achieve de-jure recognition of a puppet regime not recognized by any state in the world? It seems like there are even more complicated issues ahead. Behind this is a dilettante and a hard-line nationalist. It is impossible to conduct constructive talks with such a person,” the political analyst noted.
According to Huseynli, the statements made by Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov at a press conference with his Armenian counterpart in Moscow on June 8 are also contradictory.
“For example, Lavrov says that the self-proclaimed “Nagorno-Karabakh Republic’s” (NKR) participation in peace talks depends on Azerbaijan and Armenia. So, he’d also prefer such course of events. Why do you want to support aggressor Armenia's desires and bring them to the agenda? There are a lot of contradictory points in this issue. Up to now, the aggressor and the country exposed to aggression have been equalized. The occupation of 20 percent of Azerbaijan's territories, exposure of 1 million people to ethnic cleansing, death of 30 million people and damage in the amount of $350 billion to our country are being overlooked. The crimes committed by Armenia are not evaluated. This approach is more damaging than dual standards. This kind of assessment of the issue and such an approach will not contribute to the solution of the problem and resumption of negotiations,” he added.
Related news releases
- 15.01.2018Criteria for ‘Index of Sympathy for Americans’: Numbers of Muslims, refugees and IS militants - ANALYSIS
- 18.11.2017Such ill-mannered attitude towards Turkey ‘unacceptable’ - Azerbaijani MP
- 14.09.2017The Contract of the New Century: New opportunities to strengthen independence, political and economic stability
- 09.09.2017Azerbaijan newspaper: Obama-era stereotypes still exist in the US
- 07.09.2017Why did Israel choose Azerbaijan? - ANALYSIS
- 31.05.2017Political analyst: Trump’s letters indicate beginning of new period in US-Azerbaijan relations
- 13.03.2017Trace of "Armenian Connection" in Strasser fantasy
- 06.03.2017The Armenian Connection: How a secret caucus of MPs and NGOs, since 2012, created a network within PACE to hide violations of international law - ANALYSIS
- 19.09.2016Failed rallies that proved unworthy of being called ‘mass’ - ANALYSIS
- 24.08.2016Referendum Act: The Cabinet of Ministers could not change to locomotive of economic reforms – ANALYSE
- 24.06.2016Tseghakronism – fascist doctrine of Garegin Nzhdeh - ARTICLE
- 08.06.2016More people displaced than at any time since WW2- Global Peace Index
- 07.05.2016Sargsyan’s failed attempt of demarche against Kremlin - ANALYSIS
- 13.04.2016Helsinki Final Act – the main factor in breaking Karabakh deadlock - ANALYSIS
- 07.04.2016‘Four-day war’: Changed status quo, balance against Armenia
- 02.04.2016Azerbaijani president’s visit to Washington: Maximal use of all opportunities of essential platform for dialogue - ANALYSIS
- 11.02.2016Turkey and Israel: Rapprochement arising from mutual need - ANALYSIS
- 22.09.2015Russian military support to Syria: A second Afghanistan?
- 11.09.2015European Parliament “annexing” Nagorno-Karabakh to Armenia - ANALYSIS
- 09.09.2015Europe’s migration policy: Is Schengen area regime being abolished? - ANALYSIS
- 26.08.2015Who benefits from Greece’s exit from Eurozone? - ANALYSIS
- 10.07.2015Representatives of Azerbaijani community in Nagorno-Karabakh will also address Chatham House, says FM
- 02.07.2015Expectations arising from a default in Greece - ANALYSIS
- 29.06.2015US legalizing ISIL de facto - ANALYSIS
- 22.06.2015Rebecca Vincent – problem of anti-Azerbaijani network - ANALYSIS
- 22.06.2015Western technologist’s lies proved by figures
- 18.06.2015Democracy and human rights lessons from totalitarian Poland under democracy guise - ANALYSIS
- 17.06.2015The Guardian and principles of journalism - ANALYSIS
- 10.06.2015National Endowment for Democracy - generator of coups and chaos - ANALYSIS
- 09.06.2015BBC: Anti-Azerbaijan campaign deriving from Islamaphobia
- 22.05.2015‘Good’ and ‘bad’ separatists classified by West, Azerbaijan’s right to change partners - ANALYSIS
- 27.04.201524 April: Who won? Who lost? - ANALYSIS
- 18.04.2015Human Rights Watch – joint organization of Soros and Obama - ANALYSIS
- 16.04.2015European Parliament’s resolution incapable of changing realities in the region - ANALYSIS
- 02.04.2015“Georgian expert card” against Georgia - ANALYSIS
- 13.02.2015Southern Gas Corridor: unique project of common interests to all parties - ANALYSIS
- 16.01.2015Azerbaijan-US relations: Tension after returning to bipolar world order - ANALYSIS
- 10.12.201421st member of G20: Azerbaijan - ANALYSIS
- 05.12.2014Putin's visit to Turkey: messages, offers, opportunities ... - Analysis
- 03.12.2014Panoramic notes (second part) - ANALYSIS
- 13.06.2018PACE again wants to turn Azerbaijan into a political battlefield - ARTICLE
- 01.06.2018Southern Gas Corridor: Azerbaijan has transformed from USSR’s ‘backyard’ to world’s ‘main road’ - ANALYSIS
- 18.05.2018PACE’s proposal to Samad Seyidov: ‘admit all and we will leave you alone” - ANALYSIS
- 05.02.2018Why solidarity with oppressed Kashmiris? - Article