Tunisia wants peaceful outcome of crisis in Syria: diplomat
Baku-APA. The Tunisian government wants the domestic crisis in Syria to be solved peacefully through reaching a consensus between confronting sides, Tunisian ambassador to Russia said Friday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
"We would like all forces across the Syrian political spectrum to take part in a settlement," Ali Goutali told reporters.
The diplomat stressed Tunisia has not yet recognized the Syrian opposition coalition.
The Tunisian government also attempts to prevent its nationals to participate in the armed conflict in Syria, he said, adding those involved in the conflict could illegally sneak into Syria via Turkey.
"There are no organizations in Tunisia which deliberately recruit militias to participate in the war in Syria. There are some people who go to Syria on their own but they are a few," Itar- Tass news agency quoted the Ambassador said.
In December, the Tunisian government has sent a plane load of food, medical stuffs and blankets for Syrian refugees who were staying in the southern parts of Turkey.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2013US calls possible Iranian nuclear step 'another provocation'
- 21.02.2013Russian military to tackle threat from space objects: general
- 17.02.2013Tunisian PM delays announcement of new govn't until Monday
- 07.02.2013Legality of Drone Strikes, Assassinations Under Fire in US
- 30.01.2013Soldier with new arms determined to be independent
- 26.01.201327 die in Egypt riot after soccer violence verdict
- 25.01.2013Elections in Israel show disenchantment of Arab citizens with Israeli politics
- 22.01.2013Bank of Azerbaijan changes composition of shareholders - UPDATED
- 06.01.20131 dead, 39 injured in E China road accident
- 05.01.2013Colombia firm makes armored clothes for kids
- 29.12.2012Playbill of theater and concert halls for January, 2013
- 27.12.2012Azerbaijan-2012: Events of the year - POLITICAL - ANALYSIS
- 26.12.2012CAR rebels say they don't intend to seize capital
- 26.12.20125.1-magnitude quake hits Pakistan - USGS
- 23.12.2012Referendum on Egypt’s New Constitution Over
- 21.12.2012Egypt's Islamists call for Friday rally 'to defend scholars and mosques'
- 20.12.2012AGBI rises 0.01%, ACBDI drops 0.02%, AMFBI jumps 0.01%
- 14.12.2012Obama Says Feds Won’t Smoke Out Marijuana Users
- 14.12.2012Iran ex-diplomat freed after 6-year house arrest in London
- 12.12.2012Press Secretary of the President of Russia: “Russia has the potential to compensate activity of the Gabala radar station”
- 10.12.2012Russian Security Council Secretary: “Threat of “color revolutions” still exists in Russia and other CIS countries”
- 09.12.2012Father fatally shoots son outside Pennsylvania gun store
- 09.12.2012Russia Fails To Insert Yamal-402 Satellite Into Desired Orbit
- 08.12.2012South African icon Nelson Mandela hospitalized
- 08.12.2012Syria tells UN will never use WMDs against Syrians
- 07.12.2012Egypt protesters breach barriers, march on palace
- 07.12.2012Hamas chief arrives in Gaza for 1st-ever visit
- 06.12.2012Marijuana Possession Now Legal in Washington State
- 06.12.2012Over 200 Injured in Egypt Clashes - Medical Service
- 04.12.201214 killed in clothing factory fire in south China
- 04.12.2012Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 03.12.2012Putin Reassures Turkey that Syria Is No Threat
- 03.12.2012Iraqi gov't criticizes Kurds for troops build-up in disputed areas
- 02.12.2012Turkish FM: Syrian regime resembles armed militia
- 01.12.2012Israel okays new West Bank settlement construction
- 30.11.2012Egypt Islamists back down on Tahrir rally call
- 29.11.2012Russia to help Belarus join WTO
- 29.11.2012Merkel's election schedule weighs on Greek bailout
- 28.11.2012Volcanic Eruption Starts in Far East
- 27.11.2012Iran underscores peaceful reforms in Syria
- 12.01.2013Malian army beats back Islamist rebels with French help
- 17.01.2013Blasts continue to devastate Syria amid int'l condemnation
- 18.01.2013Party chairman: “Azerbaijan should also demonstrate uncertain position on Georgia’s territorial integrity”
- 11.01.2013Exchange rate of euro hits 8-months maximum in Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2013Death toll of twin blasts in Quetta, Pakistan rises to 100 - UPDATED
- 10.01.2013Saudi Arabia executes Sri Lankan maid for murdering baby