Baku-APA. Ukraine deployed an army of workers and vehicles on Monday to clear snow and assist thousands of people trapped after being stunned by some of the worst weather in living memory, APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
More than 22,000 rescue and utilities workers, police and soldiers have been mobilized in a round-the-clock effort to mitigate the fallout of snowfall not seen for more than a century.
A state of emergency has been declared in the capital, Kiev. Air and railway services have faced widespread delays and cancellations in the city.
National weather monitoring officials say they have recorded a month’s worth of precipitation over the weekend – the first time that has happened in more then 100 years.
Efforts have been aimed restoring transportation links to 105 towns across six regions, authorities said.
The Emergency Situations Ministry says it deployed 317 mobile rescue posts to provide assistance to more than 3,200 people over a 24-hour period.
- 28/03/2015 Soyuz spacecraft with Russian, US astronauts docks at ISS
- 28/03/2015 Official: 1,500 North Caucasus people fight in Iraq, Syria
- 27/03/2015 The media reported the arrest of the FSB Deputy Governor of the Chelyabinsk region
- 27/03/2015 Visa-free agreement with Russia to come into force soon
- 27/03/2015 Kremlin seriously concerned over situation in Yemen — Putin’s spokesman
- 26/03/2015 Latvia’s non-citizens ask Russian parliament for help
- 26/03/2015 4 killed, 20 injured after bus hits landmine in Ukraine
- 26/03/2015 Kiev ready to withdraw tanks from line of contact in Donbas — Poroshenko
- 26/03/2015 Parents of deceased Armenian soldiers stage protest outside Presidential Administration of Armenia
- 26/03/2015 Moscow says U.S. security strategy "anti-Russia"
- 25/03/2015 First batch of armored Humvees from the U.S. arrived to Ukraine - PHOTOSESSION
- 25/03/2015 Poroshenko dismisses Dnepropetrovsk Governor Kolomoyskyi
- 24/03/2015 Moscow calls on US to stop financial and trade blockade of Cuba — Lavrov
- 23/03/2015 Kremlin urges France, Germany to push Ukraine more on peace deal
- 23/03/2015 Death toll in eastern Ukraine crosses 6,000 - UN
- 23/03/2015 Party of Regions releases information about death of former Ukrainian President Yanukovych’s son
- 23/03/2015 Another Armenian soldier dies of "unknown cause"
- 20/03/2015 Sanctions over Ukraine crisis linked to Minsk deal implementation: EU
- 20/03/2015 Netanyahu poised for governing coalition after final vote tally
- 19/03/2015 Moscow invites US to attend WWII Victory Day Parade
- 19/03/2015 Peskov: Date of Putin’s visit to Armenia being specified
- 19/03/2015 UK troops start training mission in Ukraine
- 19/03/2015 Armenian president makes anti-Russian statement
- 19/03/2015 Putin signs treaty integrating South Ossetia into Russia
- 18/03/2015 Russia may consider gas discount for Ukraine
- 18/03/2015 Ukraine to build fortifications along contact line with rebels
- 18/03/2015 Russia, South Ossetia sign treaty on alliance
- 18/03/2015 Russian FM: Transnistrian conflict cannot be settled with ultimatums
- 17/03/2015 U.S. vows to keep sanctions over Russian annexation of Crimea
- 17/03/2015 Fighting rages near Donetsk airport despite Ukraine ceasefire
- 16/03/2015 Lavrov: If conflict sides interested, Moscow ready to discuss sending peacekeeping mission to Donbass
- 16/03/2015 Putin comments on rumors of poor health
- 14/03/2015 Death toll rises to 19 in Russia fire
- 14/03/2015 Ukrainian doctors get meeting with Savchenko - lawyer
- 14/03/2015 Secretary general: NATO does not plan to interfere in east Ukraine conflict
- 13/03/2015 Russia rejects U.S. concerns over Vietnam base role in bomber flights
- 13/03/2015 IMF sends 1st tranche of $5 bln to Ukraine – Central Bank
- 13/03/2015 Ukraine requests UN Peacekeeping Mission
- 13/03/2015 EU extends sanctions against Russia
- 13/03/2015 Putin to meet Kyrgyz president in Saint-Petersburg, Kremlin says