Baku-APA. Ukraine deployed an army of workers and vehicles on Monday to clear snow and assist thousands of people trapped after being stunned by some of the worst weather in living memory, APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
More than 22,000 rescue and utilities workers, police and soldiers have been mobilized in a round-the-clock effort to mitigate the fallout of snowfall not seen for more than a century.
A state of emergency has been declared in the capital, Kiev. Air and railway services have faced widespread delays and cancellations in the city.
National weather monitoring officials say they have recorded a month’s worth of precipitation over the weekend – the first time that has happened in more then 100 years.
Efforts have been aimed restoring transportation links to 105 towns across six regions, authorities said.
The Emergency Situations Ministry says it deployed 317 mobile rescue posts to provide assistance to more than 3,200 people over a 24-hour period.
- 27/04/2015 Russian economy doing well despite Western sanctions: Putin
- 27/04/2015 Bus goes off road in Russia, casualties reported
- 24/04/2015 US ‘masterminds’ all present-day military conflicts – Russian General Staff
- 24/04/2015 Eurovision 2015 representatives to perform at Moscow concert today
- 24/04/2015 Vladimir Putin arrives in Yerevan to attend events dedicated to the fictional “Armenian Genocide”
- 24/04/2015 Russia set to coordinate efforts for peace settlement in Syria with UN — Foreign Ministry
- 24/04/2015 Russian Interior Ministry says Chechen leader's words on "shooting to kill" inadmissible
- 23/04/2015 Ukrainian president wants referendum on NATO membership
- 23/04/2015 Main suspect in Nemtsov murder case claims having alibi
- 23/04/2015 Abkhazia ‘part of Georgia’ – Lukashenko
- 23/04/2015 More than 40 injured in Moscow hostel fire
- 22/04/2015 Russia sees IS as main enemy: FM
- 22/04/2015 Putin discusses with Erdogan his scheduled visit to Yerevan over 100th anniversary of ‘Armenian genocide’
- 22/04/2015 FM: Russia ready for security cooperation with US
- 22/04/2015 IS our main enemy today – Russian FM
- 22/04/2015 Russian UN ambassador: Russia to continue efforts to promote intra-Syrian dialogue
- 22/04/2015 Lavrov: Russia interested in soonest lifting of anti-Iranian sanctions
- 21/04/2015 Gazprom ready to build pipeline from Turkish Stream through Greece as part of consortium
- 21/04/2015 Moscow ready to resume dialogue with US if it is initiated by Washington — Kremlin
- 21/04/2015 Turkish consulate car catches fire in Kharkiv
- 21/04/2015 UN: Number of immigrants from Ukraine reached 800 961 people
- 20/04/2015 Putin’s Yerevan visit not to harm ties with Turkey – Kremlin
- 20/04/2015 Putin: Westerners only love Russia that would need humanitarian aid
- 20/04/2015 North Caucasus terrorist leaders killed in special operation in Dagestan
- 20/04/2015 Putin to visit Armenia on April 24
- 20/04/2015 Details emerge of disappearance of Russian city mayor
- 20/04/2015 Fires hit Khakassia again
- 20/04/2015 Moscow mayor’s office turns down Armenian request for protest outside Turkish embassy
- 19/04/2015 Russia to supply S-300s to Iran despite Israel’s objections - deputy defense minister
- 18/04/2015 Lukashenko will not go to Moscow on May 9 parade
- 17/04/2015 Kiev needs security guarantees from NATO - FM
- 17/04/2015 U.S. troops arrive in Lviv to train Ukrainian servicemen
- 17/04/2015 More remains of human bodies found at site of MH17 crash in Ukraine
- 17/04/2015 Vladimir Putin: “Vatican and Turkey will overcome the tension”
- 16/04/2015 Moscow should use anti-Russian sanctions to make economic advances — Putin
- 16/04/2015 Russia regards no country as its foe — Putin
- 16/04/2015 Russian President: “The U.S. doesn’t need allies, it needs vassals”
- 16/04/2015 Putin says Nemtsov killing 'tragic and shameful'
- 16/04/2015 No Russian troops in Ukraine – Putin
- 16/04/2015 Putin denies rumors on Poroshenko’s ‘take Donbas’ offer