Baku-APA. Ukraine deployed an army of workers and vehicles on Monday to clear snow and assist thousands of people trapped after being stunned by some of the worst weather in living memory, APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
More than 22,000 rescue and utilities workers, police and soldiers have been mobilized in a round-the-clock effort to mitigate the fallout of snowfall not seen for more than a century.
A state of emergency has been declared in the capital, Kiev. Air and railway services have faced widespread delays and cancellations in the city.
National weather monitoring officials say they have recorded a month’s worth of precipitation over the weekend – the first time that has happened in more then 100 years.
Efforts have been aimed restoring transportation links to 105 towns across six regions, authorities said.
The Emergency Situations Ministry says it deployed 317 mobile rescue posts to provide assistance to more than 3,200 people over a 24-hour period.
- 22/07/2014 EU Council not approve new sanctions on Russia — EU foreign policy chief
- 22/07/2014 Putin: “We will adequately and coherently respond to the approach of NATO to our borders”
- 22/07/2014 Verkhovna Rada approves Poroshenko's partial mobilization decree
- 22/07/2014 Rebels release train with bodies from downed jet
- 22/07/2014 Ukraine rebels hand black boxes from downed plane to Malaysia experts
- 21/07/2014 Ukrainian troops take control of three settlements in Donetsk region
- 20/07/2014 Ukraine, rebels argue over wreck; Europeans give Putin 'last chance'
- 20/07/2014 Tajikistan, Turkmenistan to sign deal on cross-border railway
- 20/07/2014 250 civilian persons killed in Lugansk Region of Ukraine since beginning of summer - OSCE
- 19/07/2014 Ukraine says Russia helping destroy crash evidence
- 19/07/2014 One should not tell Russia what to do; it is necessary to sit down to talks – Lavrov
- 19/07/2014 Neither Buk nor other weaponry crossed Russian border into Ukraine - spokesman
- 18/07/2014 World leaders demand answers after airliner downed over Ukraine with 298 dead
- 18/07/2014 Boeing-777 shot down by separatists in east Ukraine – US intelligence
- 18/07/2014 Malaysia Airlines MH17 victims identified
- 18/07/2014 Armenian Karabakh war veteran sentenced to six years in jail
- 18/07/2014 121 people found dead at Malaysian airliner crash site - Ukraine emergencies service - PHOTOSESSION
- 18/07/2014 Crash claims top AIDS researchers heading to Melbourne
- 18/07/2014 Ukraine responsible for investigation into Malaysian jet crash - IAC
- 18/07/2014 Malaysia to work with Russia, Ukraine governments on MH17
- 18/07/2014 Aeroflot cancels several flights to Ukrainian cities
- 18/07/2014 Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 US citizens and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
- 17/07/2014 Rosaviatsia: Ukraine closed airspace in east to commercial flights 3 days ago
- 17/07/2014 Ukraine says rebels shoot down Malaysian airliner, 295 dead
- 17/07/2014 Both sides in Ukraine deny shooting down plane
- 17/07/2014 Moscow court sentences main sponsor of separatist regime in Nagorno Karabakh Levon Ayrapetyan to two months imprisonment - PHOTO
- 17/07/2014 200 Ukraine servicemen killed in Izvarino
- 17/07/2014 International Bank of Azerbaijan assets jump by 25%
- 17/07/2014 Ukrainian journalist: “Ukrainian military plane was shot down by Russian plane”
- 17/07/2014 Russia to respond to latest U.S. sanctions
- 17/07/2014 Russia set to reopen Soviet-era spy post on Cuba - source
- 17/07/2014 Norway foreign minister had to hide in shelter from HAMAS missiles when visiting Ashkelon
- 17/07/2014 Putin meets with presidents of Peru, Chile and Colombia
- 17/07/2014 More Ukrainian soldiers killed as fighting rages in east, peace move flops
- 16/07/2014 Georgian Revenue Service: "Heroin truck entered Georgia from the territory of Armenia"
- 16/07/2014 Top Armenian businessman detained in Moscow
- 16/07/2014 11 Ukrainian servicemen killed last day
- 16/07/2014 Ukrainian Interior Minister assassinated
- 15/07/2014 Moscow's Department of Healthcare: No Azerbaijani citizens among victims of Moscow subway accident
- 15/07/2014 Death toll hits 20 in Moscow Metro derailment - UPDATED 3