Baku-APA. Ukraine deployed an army of workers and vehicles on Monday to clear snow and assist thousands of people trapped after being stunned by some of the worst weather in living memory, APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
More than 22,000 rescue and utilities workers, police and soldiers have been mobilized in a round-the-clock effort to mitigate the fallout of snowfall not seen for more than a century.
A state of emergency has been declared in the capital, Kiev. Air and railway services have faced widespread delays and cancellations in the city.
National weather monitoring officials say they have recorded a month’s worth of precipitation over the weekend – the first time that has happened in more then 100 years.
Efforts have been aimed restoring transportation links to 105 towns across six regions, authorities said.
The Emergency Situations Ministry says it deployed 317 mobile rescue posts to provide assistance to more than 3,200 people over a 24-hour period.
- 04/03/2015 Ukraine mine blast 'kills 32'
- 04/03/2015 Putin calls Boris Nemtsov’s death ‘shameful tragedy’
- 04/03/2015 Unverified info on Nemtsov murder probe hinders investigation — Investigative Committee
- 03/03/2015 EU, Russia agreed to resume trilateral negotiations on EU-Ukraine association agreement
- 03/03/2015 Russia and Belarus close to creating common innovational space
- 03/03/2015 Boris Nemtsov buried
- 03/03/2015 Mourners pay last respects to Russian politician Boris Nemtsov - PHOTOSESSION
- 03/03/2015 Nemtsov to be buried in Moscow
- 03/03/2015 Ukraine death toll tops 6,000 amid fighting: UN
- 02/03/2015 Ukrainian soldier killed in clashes amid shaky truce
- 02/03/2015 Lavrov notes progress in talks on Iran nuclear program
- 02/03/2015 Uzbek TV host murdered
- 02/03/2015 Ukrainian model Anna Duritskaya reveals details of Boris Nemtsov’s death
- 02/03/2015 Ter-Petrosyan: Pan-Armenian declaration on genocide will bring about grave consequences for Armenia
- 02/03/2015 Some of cameras in area, where Nemtsov was killed, turned off before incident
- 01/03/2015 TVC published video since the murder of Nemtsov - VİDEO
- 01/03/2015 Pakistan arrests Iranian Sunni rebel leader on bus from border
- 28/02/2015 Putin pledges to make every effort to bring Nemtsov's killers to justice
- 28/02/2015 Russia’s Investigative Committee announces main versions regarding Boris Nemtsov’s murder
- 28/02/2015 Ex-deputy of the Party of Regions Mikhail Chechetov commits suicide
- 28/02/2015 Russian President’s spokesman: “Boris Nemtsov’s murder is provocation”
- 28/02/2015 Ukrainian pilot Nadezhda Savchenko reportedly dies
- 28/02/2015 Ukraine leader says troop deaths 'serious breach' of truce
- 28/02/2015 Russian politician Boris Nemtsov killed in Moscow - UPDATED - PHOTO
- 28/02/2015 Ukraine says gas dispute with Russia not to harm transit to Europe
- 27/02/2015 Barbiturate detected in blood of Kazakh president’s former son-in-law
- 27/02/2015 Sergei Lavrov: Washington fails 'to slap together' global anti-Russian coalition
- 27/02/2015 Kazakhstan's border guards detain 4 Azerbaijani citizens engaged in illegal fishing in Caspian Sea
- 26/02/2015 Ukraine begins pulling back heavy weaponry from contact line
- 26/02/2015 Russian FM says Ukraine 'ridiculous' for expecting full cease-fire observance
- 26/02/2015 Naftogaz Ukrainy accuses Gazprom of slashing gas deliveries to Ukraine
- 25/02/2015 Nazarbayev to decide on participation in Kazakhstan's early presidential elections
- 25/02/2015 Ukraine under pressure from currency fall, gas supply threat
- 25/02/2015 OSCE mission calls on parties in Ukraine to provide plans for weapons withdrawal
- 24/02/2015 Lavrov: It’s necessary to pull back heavy weaponry without waiting for full ceasefire
- 24/02/2015 UAE to sell arms, weaponry to Ukraine
- 24/02/2015 Kazakh president's former son-in-law dies in jail suicide
- 24/02/2015 Putin rules out apocalyptic war scenario in Ukraine
- 24/02/2015 UN: Death toll in Donbass reached 5800
- 24/02/2015 Russia proposes to strengthen chapter of UN Charter on right to self-determination of peoples