Baku-APA. Turkey strongly condemned a bombing attack that targeted and killed a Sunni lawmaker in western Iraq on Tuesday amidst the festering tension in the politically fragile country as protests against the central government in Baghdad still continue in various cities, APA reports quoting Turkish media.
The governor of Anbar province, Qassim al-Fahdawi, said that lawmaker Ifan Saadoun was killed when a suicide bomber blew himself up in the restive city of Fallujah.
The parliamentarian was part of the Sunni-backed Iraqiya bloc, which holds some posts in Iraq's loose power-sharing government but is at the same time the main force in opposition to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's administration.
Ankara stated that the attack is not an isolated case as it came after another attack that targeted Iraq's finance minister on Sunday.
A roadside bomb hit Iraqi Finance Minister Rafaie al-Esawi's convoy west of Baghdad as he left a meeting on Sunday, wounding two of his guards, his office and security sources said.
Both attacks, a statement from Turkish foreign ministry stated, target the political unity of the country and aims to bring civil war back to Iraq, which is still recovering from a long war.
Turkish foreign ministry underlined that it is crucial that perpetrators of the attacks should be brought to justice as soon as possible.
- 27/03/2015 Rouhani urges not losing exceptional nuclear chance easily
- 27/03/2015 Saudi says to tighten security in vital establishments
- 26/03/2015 Pakistan says it will respond to any threat to Saudi Arabia
- 26/03/2015 Iraq: 35, including 28 Daesh militants killed in Saladin
- 26/03/2015 Houthi TV says dozens of civilian casualties in Sanaa air strike
- 26/03/2015 Vietnam industrial zone accident kills 14, 30 injured
- 26/03/2015 Saudi Arabia, allies launch air campaign in Yemen against Houthi fighters
- 26/03/2015 Israeli president assigns Netanyahu to form next government
- 26/03/2015 Arab FMs to discuss Yemeni crisis in Cairo
- 26/03/2015 New Afghan president warns of 'terrible threat' from Islamic State
- 26/03/2015 Afghanistan: Suicide bomber kills 7 people, including child
- 25/03/2015 Yemen's Houthi militia close in on president's Aden base
- 25/03/2015 17 killed in clashes with IS militants in Iraq
- 25/03/2015 5.2-magnitude quake hits Southern Pacific Ocean
- 25/03/2015 Jordan, Russia ink deal on nuclear reactor plant
- 24/03/2015 Lavrov to Take Part in P5+1 Nuclear Talks With Iran Friday
- 24/03/2015 Netanyahu apologizes to Arab Israelis over controversial Election Day remarks
- 24/03/2015 Yemen foes square off as fears of war, Saudi-Iran rivalry grow
- 24/03/2015 Assad has no role in Syria's future: British FM
- 24/03/2015 Sultan back in Oman after 'successful' treatment
- 23/03/2015 Philippines concerned at death of nationals in Malaysia
- 23/03/2015 Israel's Steinitz says world powers, Iran likely to agree bad nuclear deal
- 23/03/2015 Islamic State moves west to attack Syrian army in Homs: monitor
- 23/03/2015 UN Security Council adopts statement backing Yemeni President Hadi
- 23/03/2015 Afghan President wants US troops to remain in country
- 20/03/2015 Benjamin Netanyahu denies opposing Israel Two-State Solution
- 19/03/2015 Iran FM says ongoing nuclear talks at "final stage"
- 19/03/2015 9 militias killed in clashes between Libyan rival factions
- 19/03/2015 Afghanistan car bomb leaves 7 dead, 41 injured
- 19/03/2015 Medical group confirms chlorine attack in Syria
- 18/03/2015 Gunmen in Pakistan shoot dead lawyer who defended CIA doctor
- 18/03/2015 Iran says most technical issues resolved in nuclear talks
- 17/03/2015 Syria air defense shoots down US drone
- 17/03/2015 Syrian army denies use of poisonous gas in battles against rebels
- 17/03/2015 UN says 24 dead in Vanuatu after Cyclone Pam
- 17/03/2015 Syria's Assad says wants actions, not words from Kerry
- 17/03/2015 Netanyahu says no Palestinian state as long as he's prime minister
- 16/03/2015 Iraqi Kurds commemorate 27th anniversary of Halabja
- 16/03/2015 Premier pleads for help for devastated Vanuatu
- 16/03/2015 Afghan army kills commander of Islamic State affiliate