Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
- 19/04/2015 Russia to supply S-300s to Iran despite Israel’s objections - deputy defense minister
- 18/04/2015 Lukashenko will not go to Moscow on May 9 parade
- 17/04/2015 Kiev needs security guarantees from NATO - FM
- 17/04/2015 U.S. troops arrive in Lviv to train Ukrainian servicemen
- 17/04/2015 More remains of human bodies found at site of MH17 crash in Ukraine
- 17/04/2015 Vladimir Putin: “Vatican and Turkey will overcome the tension”
- 16/04/2015 Moscow should use anti-Russian sanctions to make economic advances — Putin
- 16/04/2015 Russia regards no country as its foe — Putin
- 16/04/2015 Russian President: “The U.S. doesn’t need allies, it needs vassals”
- 16/04/2015 Putin says Nemtsov killing 'tragic and shameful'
- 16/04/2015 No Russian troops in Ukraine – Putin
- 16/04/2015 Putin denies rumors on Poroshenko’s ‘take Donbas’ offer
- 16/04/2015 Putin: Russia's S-300 air defense system supplies to Iran no threat to Israel
- 16/04/2015 Putin: I don't expect sanctions to end 'anytime soon'
- 16/04/2015 Russian, Iranian companies discuss barter deal terms: minister
- 16/04/2015 Iran nuclear deal can be secured by UN Security Council resolution — Russian diplomat
- 15/04/2015 Azerbaijani MPs of Georgian Parliament oppose the announcement of a minute of silence to so called “Armenian genocide”
- 15/04/2015 Ukraine begins to buy gas from Shell
- 15/04/2015 Russian billionaire arrested in absentia in connection with Kazan trade center fire
- 14/04/2015 S-300 worry those who don’t rule out bombings of Iran — Russian legislator
- 14/04/2015 Violence escalates in east Ukraine ahead of talks
- 14/04/2015 Putin’s spokesman: "Russia’s S-300 missile systems’ supplies to Iran may begin any moment"
- 14/04/2015 Russia opens way to missile deliveries to Iran, starts oil-for-goods swap
- 13/04/2015 Putin lifts ban on delivery of S-300 missile systems to Iran
- 13/04/2015 Russian State Duma Speaker: US arrogance causes imbalance in global security
- 13/04/2015 Russian warships preparing for upcoming military exercises in Caspian Sea
- 13/04/2015 Explosions heard at burning munitions depot in Russia's Trans-Baikal Territory
- 13/04/2015 10 died, 483 injured in Khakassia fire
- 11/04/2015 Russia dismisses U.S. claim about fighter interception
- 11/04/2015 Normandy Four foreign ministers to discuss deployment of peacekeepers in Donbas
- 10/04/2015 Ukraine military, rebels accuse each other of increased attacks
- 10/04/2015 Armenian army’s combat losses increase
- 10/04/2015 Armenian Defense Ministry not obliged to finance soldiers’ treatment abroad: Spokesperson
- 10/04/2015 Shooting of protesters ordered by Yanukovich: Ukrainian prosecutor general
- 10/04/2015 Death toll in Dalny Vostok trawler wreckage grows to 57 - Emergencies Ministry
- 10/04/2015 Russia: Putin plans amnesty for 260,000 convicts
- 09/04/2015 PACE President on official visit to Armenia
- 09/04/2015 Ukrainian parliament adopts decision on disclosing NKVD, KGB archives
- 09/04/2015 Ukrainian parliament bans communist, Nazi symbols
- 09/04/2015 Mothers of dead Armenian soldiers hold another protest