Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
- 30/06/2015 Russia warns of response to Canada’s new sanctions
- 30/06/2015 Russia regards French president's idea of curtailing right of veto at UN Security Council as harmful - deputy FM
- 30/06/2015 Gazprom and Transneft included into extended sanction list — Canada’s Foreign Ministry
- 29/06/2015 18 injured after passenger bus crashes in Russia
- 29/06/2015 Protests in Armenia - call of population who are fed up with corrupt regime: Russian political analyst
- 29/06/2015 Putin: Nations must unite to fight IS militants
- 29/06/2015 Media: “Electric Networks of Armenia” can be sold
- 29/06/2015 Public figures forms "human shield" between protesters and police in Yerevan
- 28/06/2015 Protestors urge Yerevan Deputy Chief of Police to refrain from hindering protest
- 27/06/2015 Armenian activists do not accept president's offer
- 27/06/2015 Iran should finally reject nuclear weapons programme - French foreign minister
- 26/06/2015 Dmitry Peskov: Russian, US Presidents don’t see alternative to dialogue
- 26/06/2015 Russian Ex-Foreign Minister Yevgeny Primakov dies
- 26/06/2015 UN urges Armenian authorities to ensure protesters rights in Yerevan
- 26/06/2015 Poroshenko signed a law allowing the presence of foreign armed forces in the country
- 26/06/2015 Armenia protesters put forward three demands to government
- 26/06/2015 US Department of State: Corruption and the opacity of authorities - the main problems of Armenia
- 25/06/2015 Protest rally against rise in energy tariffs continues in Yerevan despite rain
- 25/06/2015 Russian extends counter-sanctions against EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia and Norway
- 25/06/2015 Russia has no aggressive plans, but army’s consistent development will continue — Putin
- 24/06/2015 Armenia’s unrest bears signs of ‘colorful revolution’
- 24/06/2015 Armenian government not to reduce energy tariffs despite protests
- 24/06/2015 Deputy chief of Armenian police: White arms found in demonstrators’ possession
- 24/06/2015 The US and Britain are concerned about the use of force at a rally in Yerevan
- 24/06/2015 Armenian protesters refuse to meet president, continue ‘Electric Yerevan’ sit-in
- 24/06/2015 Russia says will not initiate ‘reset’ of relations with US
- 23/06/2015 Armenia activists moving toward president's residence
- 23/06/2015 AP: Protest against electricity price hike is the most serious unrest Armenia has seen in years
- 23/06/2015 Opposition MPs leave session of Armenian parliament
- 23/06/2015 Viktor Yanukovych: I didn’t order security forces to open fire
- 23/06/2015 Armenian police used force against protesters - UPDATED-1
- 23/06/2015 Armenian police threatens to use force against protesters
- 22/06/2015 Kremlin vows response to 'illegal' extension of EU sanctions on Russia
- 22/06/2015 Russia to build new series of 6 patrol ships by 2020 - Russian Navy commander
- 21/06/2015 Sergei Ivanov: Russia-US relations unlikely to improve until Ukrainian crisis is solved
- 20/06/2015 Protests over electricity price hike staged in Armenia
- 20/06/2015 Hearing of main sponsor of separatist regime in Nagorno Karabakh Levon Hayrapetyan to start
- 20/06/2015 Putin may attend U.N. General Assembly 70th session in September
- 19/06/2015 Putin: Russia Rules Out Hegemony, Seeks Int'l Relations Based on Equality
- 19/06/2015 Putin: Russia ready to cooperate with West