Russian political analysts comment on US-planned military training in Persian Gulf
Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
Related news releases
- 26.11.2015Russia creates problems for Turkish tourists
- 26.11.2015Russia says Turkey’s actions will not go unanswered
- 25.11.2015Draft law on “Armenian genocide” submitted to Russia Duma
- 25.11.2015Ukraine closes airspace to all Russian planes
- 25.11.2015Russia says not willing to artificially create problems for Turkish producers, exporters
- 25.11.2015Russian, Turkish FMs hold phone conversation
- 25.11.2015So far there have been no high-level contacts between Moscow and Ankara - Kremlin
- 25.11.2015Russia should not break off the diplomatic relations – Communist Party leader
- 25.11.2015Putin: Turkish leadership purposefully supports Islamization of country
- 25.11.2015Putin: Commander killed in Syria will be awarded Star of Hero of Russia
- 25.11.2015Russia to send S-300 defense missile systems to base in Syria
- 25.11.2015Downed Russian Su-24: one of two pilots rescued
- 25.11.2015Russia to temporarily ban poultry imports from Turkey
- 25.11.2015Russia says does not expect objectiveness from NATO on downed Su-24
- 25.11.2015Russia may recall ambassador from Turkey
- 25.11.2015Turkish companies may lose positions on Russian market – PM Medvedev
- 25.11.2015Russia Deploys Maritime Air Defense After Jet Shot Down Over Syria
- 24.11.2015Russia soldier killed in downed jet rescue operations
- 24.11.2015Kremlin has no official information yet about fate of pilots of Su-24
- 24.11.2015First stage of power bridge to Crimea to be commissioned on December 20 — Energy Minister
- 24.11.2015Russian FM cancels visit to Turkey
- 24.11.2015Russia summons Turkish military attaché
- 24.11.2015The attack on the Russian jet will have tragic consequences to Russia-Turkey ties, Putin
- 23.11.2015Putin: Global gas demand to increase by 32% by 2040
- 23.11.2015Ukrainian government temporarily bans cargo traffic with Crime
- 23.11.2015Russia, Turkish FMs to discuss situation in South Caucasus
- 23.11.2015Two suspects testify against alleged organizer of Nemtsov’s murder
- 22.11.2015State of emergency is declared in Crimea in connection with the complete halt of electricity supply from Ukraine
- 22.11.2015Power Transmission Towers 'Blown Up' Causing Blackout in Crimea
- 21.11.2015Russia warns UK against seeking “to destroy Syria’s sovereignty”
- 20.11.2015Russia launches next rocket strikes on ISIL from Caspian Sea
- 20.11.2015Putin: Airstrikes in Syria are made well, but not sufficient
- 20.11.2015Putin to visit Iran on Nov.23
- 20.11.2015Former chief of Kyrgyz remand prison hangs himself
- 20.11.2015Russian lawmaker suggests returning death penalty for terrorists
- 20.11.2015Russian State Duma and Federation Council adopt statement on counterterrorism
- 20.11.2015Putin to hold large press conference Dec.17 - Kremlin
- 20.11.2015Yatsenyuk: "We will not pay the aggressor state our $3 billion debt"
- 20.11.2015Russia to build Egypt’s first nuclear power plant
- 20.11.2015Russian Foreign Ministry: US passes to Russia certain information about A321 terror act