Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
- 12/12/2013 Russia may answer conventional attack with nukes
- 12/12/2013 Ukrainian Opposition Rejects Talks With Government
- 12/12/2013 Russia Reaffirms Plans to Cooperate With Iran on Peaceful Atom
- 12/12/2013 New Barricades Built in Kiev After Police Crackdown
- 11/12/2013 Kazakhstan to produce armored vehicles with South African company
- 11/12/2013 Kiev airports, railway station evacuated over bomb threat
- 11/12/2013 Ukrainian Interior Ministry: The barricades at the Independence Square in Kiev will likely be dismantled today by use of force
- 11/12/2013 Abbas Araqchi: “If any sanction is imposed on Iran, the Geneva agreement will be broken”
- 11/12/2013 US Assistance Secretary of State treating Ukrainian protesters to cookies on Maidan
- 11/12/2013 Riot police leave square in Kiev, Interior Minister says rally will continue
- 11/12/2013 Catherine Ashton: “I’m sad”
- 11/12/2013 Vitali Klitschko: Number one issue is the resignation of Yanukovych, there can not be compromise with cutthroats and dictators
- 11/12/2013 John Kerry expresses his disgust with decision of Ukrainian authorities to meet peaceful protest
- 11/12/2013 Ten soldiers injured at the Independence Square in Kiev
- 11/12/2013 Ukrainian police take back part of square from protesters
- 11/12/2013 On Independence Square in Ukraine detained 11 protesters
- 11/12/2013 Russian Court Orders Ban on Website Linked to Pirate Bay
- 11/12/2013 Ukrainian police storm Kiev's Independence Square
- 11/12/2013 Ukraine opposition made public its conditions for the start of talks with the authorities
- 11/12/2013 Belarusian, Kazakh Leaders Most Trusted of Post-Soviet Leaders – Poll
- 11/12/2013 Yanukovych Meets With Ex-Presidents, EU Foreign Policy Rep
- 10/12/2013 Police Arrest Dozens in Operation Against Banned Group in Dagestan
- 10/12/2013 Yanukovich discussed way out of political crisis with former Ukrainian presidents
- 10/12/2013 Putin Again Slams US Missile Defense Plans
- 10/12/2013 President Yanukovich: Ukraine’s top priority task is to settle gas problem with Russia
- 10/12/2013 Representatives of Ukrainian authorities and opposition failed to hold roundtable
- 10/12/2013 Protesters to meet Turkish Foreign Minister in Armenia
- 10/12/2013 Police dismantle barricades set up outside Presidential Administration, Cabinet of Ministers and Verkhovna Rada in Kiev - PHOTOSESSION
- 10/12/2013 Ukraine protesters hold firm, defying riot police - PHOTO
- 10/12/2013 Police Repel Protesters From Ukraine Government HQ
- 09/12/2013 Food stores, cafes closed in downtown Kiev
- 09/12/2013 Ukrainian president to hold talks with oppositon on protests
- 09/12/2013 Ukrainian soldiers begin dismantling tent camp of protesters outside Cabinet of Ministers
- 09/12/2013 Barroso: “EU has right and duty to stand by people of Ukraine”
- 09/12/2013 Ukrainian President gives consent to dialogue with opposition
- 09/12/2013 Vitali Klitschko calls people to urgently come to square in Kiev
- 09/12/2013 Extra internal troops and Berkut riot police officers deployed in Kiev, opposition waits for attack
- 09/12/2013 US Assistant Secretary of State and EU High Representative to visit Ukraine tomorrow
- 09/12/2013 Employees of Ukrainian Cabinet of Ministers fail to enter government building
- 08/12/2013 Ukraine opposition to convene people’s assembly in Kiev