Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
- 07/03/2014 Obama calls Putin, proposes solution to Ukraine dispute
- 07/03/2014 Putin and Obama discuss situation in Ukraine by telephone
- 07/03/2014 Sevastopol decides to join the Russian Federation
- 06/03/2014 Ukraine’s prosecutors initiate criminal proceedings against Yanukovych
- 06/03/2014 Yatsenyuk: Ukraine not considering joining NATO
- 06/03/2014 Alexander Turchinov: “Illegal Crimean authorities work under the barrel of a gun”
- 06/03/2014 State Duma to consider Crimea annexation bill next week
- 06/03/2014 Russian Parliament committee chairman: “The main target of the coup in Ukraine is to make the country a NATO member”
- 06/03/2014 Crimea’s parliament votes to become part of Russia
- 06/03/2014 Russian Foreign Ministry: Ukraine can not join NATO
- 06/03/2014 Crimea to Set Up Own Law Enforcement and Security Services
- 06/03/2014 UN Chief to Send Another Envoy to East Ukraine
- 06/03/2014 Ukrainian Navy Flagship Diverted Away from Crimea
- 06/03/2014 Crisis in Ukraine Should Not Damage Trade With Russia – Putin
- 06/03/2014 Tensions may harm tourism in Crimea: Ukrainian PM
- 05/03/2014 Yulia Tymoshenko: "The Russian Black Sea Fleet should be withdrawn from Ukraine"
- 05/03/2014 Five Russian regions to hold rallies to support Ukraine
- 05/03/2014 Kerry: US proposes Russia start talks with new Ukrainian authorities
- 05/03/2014 Presidential elections to cost Ukraine $215 million
- 04/03/2014 Kerry lands in Kiev amid escalating war of words between US, Russia
- 04/03/2014 Putin, Erdogan confident that peace will be ensured in Crimea
- 04/03/2014 Russian official says Moscow explained detriments of sanctions to Washington
- 04/03/2014 Russian Defense Ministry takes notice of Pentagon’s decision to suspend military contacts
- 04/03/2014 Crimea to Get Its Own Defense Ministry
- 04/03/2014 Ukraine reinforces checkpoints on border with Russia
- 04/03/2014 Vladimir Putin: “We are not going to fight a war with the Ukrainian people”
- 04/03/2014 Putin: “For the time being there is no need to deploy troops in Crimea, but there is such an opportunity”
- 04/03/2014 Situation in Ukraine hits Poland's economy: central bank head
- 03/03/2014 Source: Sevastopol residents are not going to storm the Ukrainian Navy headquarters
- 03/03/2014 EU FMs may consider freezing visa dialogue with Russia over Ukrainian crisis
- 03/03/2014 St. Petersburg ready to provide employment to the former members of Berkut
- 03/03/2014 The Russian Black Sea Fleet no plans to launch an assault on Ukrainian military units in Crimea
- 03/03/2014 Russia gives Ukraine ultimatum: surrender Crimea bases or face military assault
- 03/03/2014 PACE Culture Committee cancels trip to Moscow over Ukraine crisis
- 03/03/2014 Russian Duma head says no need "for now" to send troops to Ukraine
- 03/03/2014 Russia's FM: “US threats regarding the situation in Ukraine are unacceptable”
- 03/03/2014 U.S. bans Russian delegation from entering the country
- 03/03/2014 Dmitry Medvedev: “If Yanukovych is guilty before Ukraine - hold an impeachment procedure and try him”
- 03/03/2014 G7 leaders issue joint statement on Ukraine
- 03/03/2014 U.S. Secretary of State Kerry to travel to Ukraine