Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
- 29/08/2014 Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine: Russian rights activists
- 28/08/2014 Russian columns enter Ukraine; leader urges calm
- 28/08/2014 Ukraine calls emergency U.N. Security Council meeting
- 28/08/2014 Ukrainian PM asks U.S., EU and G7 to freeze Russian assets
- 27/08/2014 Russian court closes 3 McDonald's branches in Moscow
- 27/08/2014 Ukrainian Prime Minister: “Russia will halt gas flows this winter to Europe”
- 27/08/2014 Son of Ambassador of Armenia to Georgia accused of smuggling
- 27/08/2014 Russia can offer plan of agreement on association of Ukraine with the EU on September 12
- 27/08/2014 Putin, Poroshenko start bilateral talks
- 27/08/2014 Ukraine says four border guards killed by Russian choppers
- 26/08/2014 Donetsk militias insist on swapping all captives, promise no further compromises
- 26/08/2014 Edward Nalbandian to attend new Turkey president’s inauguration
- 26/08/2014 Ukraine accuses Russia of opening new war front before leaders' meeting
- 26/08/2014 Lavrov says attempts to use ultimatums against Russia unacceptable
- 26/08/2014 Russian Red Cross ready to accompany new aid convoy to Ukraine
- 26/08/2014 Iran deputy foreign minister to visit Saudi Arabia
- 26/08/2014 Slim chance of progress as Russian and Ukrainian leaders meet
- 26/08/2014 Ukraine to hold parliamentary elections October 26
- 26/08/2014 Ukrainian president dissolves parliament
- 25/08/2014 Sergei Lavrov: ‘ISIS was labeled as a terrorist organization only when it acted against U.S. interests in Iraq’
- 25/08/2014 Russian Foreign Minister: “Moscow is ready to exert efforts for the Ukrainian crisis settlement in any format”
- 25/08/2014 Sergei Lavrov: Russian trucks carried nothing but humanitarian aid
- 24/08/2014 Russian aid trucks leave; highlight dire needs
- 24/08/2014 Yatsenyuk, Merkel discuss Ukraine’s energy security
- 23/08/2014 Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal
- 23/08/2014 Red Cross to expand operations in eastern Ukraine
- 23/08/2014 ICRC advise local authorities on distribution of Russian aid in Lugansk
- 23/08/2014 Erdogan and Putin had telephone conversation
- 23/08/2014 Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border
- 22/08/2014 Putin, Erdogan discuss joint energy projects
- 22/08/2014 Russia aid convoy’s movement violates previous agreements — EU Commission
- 22/08/2014 All Russian humanitarian convoy trucks arrive in Luhansk
- 22/08/2014 4 government soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine fighting
- 22/08/2014 Ukrainian president calls border crossing by Russian humanitarian convoy illegal
- 22/08/2014 Russia responds to Japan sanctions
- 21/08/2014 Georgia’s Prime Minister arrives in Armenia
- 21/08/2014 Crisis in eastern Ukraine unlikely to be solved exclusively by force - Poroshenko
- 21/08/2014 Ukrainian govt troops take over much of Luhansk
- 21/08/2014 Ukraine conflict is draining economy, hampering reforms: PM Yatseniuk
- 20/08/2014 Ukraine seeks combined IMF aid tranches