Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
- 28/07/2015 Russia ready to sign agreement on 1st line of Turkish Stream within 1-2 weeks — minister
- 28/07/2015 “Stand up, Armenia” movement calls on citizens to join protest in center of Yerevan
- 28/07/2015 Leaders of Islamic world invited to mosque’s opening in Moscow
- 28/07/2015 Kazakhstan formally becomes new WTO member
- 27/07/2015 Mass protests continue in Armenia
- 25/07/2015 Yerevan botanical garden on fire
- 25/07/2015 Moscow: Tokyo’s reaction to Russian leaders’ plans to visit Kuril Islands incites tensions
- 24/07/2015 Armenia concerned over Russian offensive arms supplies to Azerbaijan – deputy defense minister
- 24/07/2015 IS militants planned series of terrorist attacks in Tajikistan in month of Ramadan – Interior Ministry
- 22/07/2015 Number of Azerbaijani migrants in Russia announced
- 22/07/2015 Armenian president’s spokesman attempts to recruit opposition party member journalist
- 22/07/2015 Death toll in Chechnya minibus crash climbs to 11
- 21/07/2015 Kyrgyzstan denounces 1993 cooperation agreement with US
- 21/07/2015 Tajikistan floods kill seven
- 20/07/2015 Six states willing to be aware of arbitration on Russia’s claim to EU
- 20/07/2015 President of the European Council visits so-called Armenian genocide monument in Yerevan
- 20/07/2015 Former Kyrgyz MP arrested for aiding IS militants
- 19/07/2015 US intelligence agencies followed Putin to 90th, - The Times
- 18/07/2015 Russian foreign ministry refutes whatever deals with U.S. for success of Iranian N talks
- 18/07/2015 U.S. threatens Russia
- 17/07/2015 Russian businessman Sterligov, illegally visited Nagorno Karabakh, charged with defamation
- 17/07/2015 Ukraine declares Russian diplomat persona non grata
- 16/07/2015 Lavrov: Iran’s deal expected to reduce regional tensions
- 15/07/2015 Chief of Omsk-based airborne training center arrested over barrack collapse incident
- 15/07/2015 Two Russian planes evacuate people wishing to leave war-torn Yemen
- 15/07/2015 8 killed, 18 wounded in renewed violence in eastern Ukraine
- 15/07/2015 “Stand up, Armenia” movement: Unless decision to increase electricity prices is canceled, we will continue our struggle
- 15/07/2015 Putin’s special representative: Moscow really wanted Baku to become SCO dialogue partner
- 15/07/2015 Minsk commends agreements on Iranian nuclear program — Belarusian foreign ministry
- 14/07/2015 Protestors block one of central streets in Yerevan
- 14/07/2015 Russian military jet crash leaves two pilots dead - UPDATED
- 14/07/2015 Lavrov comments on final deal between Iran and P5+1
- 14/07/2015 Putin welcomes Iranian nuclear deal
- 14/07/2015 Explosions in Lviv qualified as terrorist attacks – Interior Ministry
- 14/07/2015 Three killed in clash between police and militants in Russia
- 13/07/2015 Death toll in Russia's barrack collapse tragedy reaches 23
- 12/07/2015 Mukachevo events qualified as act of terror - prosecutors
- 12/07/2015 Child injured in paraglide rough landing in Yaroslavl
- 11/07/2015 Lavrov discusses Iran talks with Kerry by phone
- 11/07/2015 Two people killed, eight wounded in Right Sectors attack on Transcarpathia’s Mukachevo