Russian political analysts comment on US-planned military training in Persian Gulf
Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
Related news releases
- 10.10.2015Ukrainian president visits Kazakhstan on relations, eastern Ukrainian crisis
- 09.10.2015ICC prosecutor plans probe into 2008 Georgia-Russia war
- 09.10.2015Armenia referendum on constitutional amendments set for December 6
- 09.10.2015US has nothing to object to Russia’s actions in Syria with — upper house speaker
- 09.10.2015Russia: No reason for relations with Turkey to worsen
- 09.10.2015Russia's Defense Ministry aware of Free Syrian Army’s willingness to battle IS together
- 09.10.2015Lavrov, Kerry discuss Ukraine, fight against IS by phone — Russia's foreign ministry
- 08.10.2015Russian, French diplomats discuss coordinated efforts to fight Islamic State
- 08.10.2015IS gunmen killed in Chechnya prepared large-scale terrorist attacks — Chechen leader
- 08.10.2015Russia dismisses U.S. refusal to share intelligence in campaign in Syria
- 08.10.2015OSCE chief to visit Russia
- 08.10.2015Kremlin: UK deploying troops to Baltic region under various pretexts
- 07.10.2015Putin: US should inform Russia about locations of ISIL
- 07.10.2015Russian Defense Ministry releases video of cruise missile strikes from Caspian Sea against ISIL targets - VİDEO
- 07.10.2015Russia says preliminary results of anti-ISIL operation in Syria
- 07.10.2015Russia ready to coordinate airstrikes in Syria with US
- 07.10.2015Putin: France thinks Syrian forces could unite with Free Syrian Army against IS
- 07.10.2015Russian warships in Caspian sea launch attack on ISIL in Syria
- 07.10.2015Russian rouble increases
- 07.10.2015Russia, US work on agreement to coordinate air operations in Syria
- 07.10.2015Russia ready to consider anti-Daesh operation in Iraq: Parliament speaker
- 07.10.2015Kremlin to clarify Lukashenko’s arguments about airbase in Belarus
- 07.10.2015IS terrorists may blast mosques in Syria to blame Russia — Defense Ministry
- 06.10.2015Foreign Ministry: No volunteers recruited in Russia to fight in Syria
- 06.10.2015Gazprom confirms plans to construct only two lines of Turkish Stream
- 06.10.2015Court starts hearing on claim for recognition of Telman Ismailov bankrupt
- 06.10.2015Russia not planning to join US anti-terror coalition - Foreign Ministry
- 06.10.2015East Ukraine’s Lugansk, Donetsk postpone dates of local elections
- 06.10.2015Constitutional reforms unnecessary, says Armenia’s second president
- 06.10.2015Azerbaijani citizen arrested after living in Russia with fake passport for 10 years
- 06.10.2015TURKPA mission observes parliamentary elections in Kyrgyzstan
- 06.10.2015Azerbaijani national suspected of murdering Ukrainian boxer detained in Russia
- 05.10.2015Russia hopes its actions in Syria not to harm relations with Turkey
- 05.10.2015US to provide modern military defense systems to Ukraine
- 05.10.2015Bank of Moscow decides to seek recognition of Telman Ismailov bankrupt
- 04.10.2015Nikolai Bordyuzha: CSTO collective peacekeeping forces should be ready for peacekeeping operations in the hot spots of the world.
- 04.10.2015Moscow says 600 militants have fled Syria amid Russian airstrikes
- 04.10.2015The Russian Aerospace Defence Forces: Russia will not build a new radar station in Azerbaijan
- 04.10.2015Putin, Obama frankly discuss acute issues at their meetings - Kremlin spokesman
- 03.10.2015Russian air warfare group to intensify strikes against terrorists