Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
- 02/10/2014 If no amendments are made to the law today, we will carry out March 1 - Stepan Aslanyan
- 02/10/2014 Russia launches criminal case against Ukraine's Defense Minister
- 02/10/2014 At least 10 killed in shelling of school and mini-van in Ukraine
- 01/10/2014 Russia won't allow replay of Ukrainian scenario on Transdniestria’s borders — Rogozin
- 01/10/2014 Ukraine-Russia-EU gas talks postponed till next week
- 30/09/2014 Representatives of “parliamentary four” call on citizens protesting against new Law on Tax to gather outside parliament building
- 30/09/2014 Iran, Russia presidents review bilateral cooperation
- 29/09/2014 There are two groups in UN Security Council – Russian ambassador to UN
- 28/09/2014 Seven dead in central China landslide
- 27/09/2014 Russian State Duma cuts foreign ownership in Russian media to 20%
- 27/09/2014 Lavrov met ICRC president on UN General Assembly sidelines
- 27/09/2014 Russia, Ukraine reach interim deal on gas dispute
- 26/09/2014 CIS leaders to discuss threats of Islamic State
- 25/09/2014 Armenian citizens who robbed 18 mln rubles from bank in Russia detained
- 25/09/2014 Ukraine's prime minister urges West not to lift sanctions on Russia
- 24/09/2014 US did not tell Russia about planned strikes against militants in Syria
- 23/09/2014 Moscow comments on US airstrikes on IS militants in Syria
- 23/09/2014 Tymoshenko: Putin has three goals now
- 23/09/2014 Vladimir Putin and Ban Ki-moon have telephone conversation
- 23/09/2014 Air strikes on Islamic State bases in Syria inadmissible without Damascus consent - Putin
- 23/09/2014 Ukraine seeks to partially replace gas with heating oil
- 23/09/2014 Compliance with Minsk agreement critical for peace in Donbass — Poroshenko, Merkel
- 23/09/2014 Three contract servicemen die during maneuvers on Sakhalin Island
- 22/09/2014 Russia's Putin looking at cooperation to fight Islamic State: agency
- 22/09/2014 Russia wants economically stable Ukraine: Putin
- 22/09/2014 40 life prisoners go on hunger strike in Armenia
- 22/09/2014 Iran’s President to visit Armenia
- 22/09/2014 Astrakhan to host 4th Caspian Summit
- 22/09/2014 Russia makes proposals during talks between P5+1 group and Tehran
- 21/09/2014 Several injured, as bus with 34 children skids off road in north-western Russia
- 21/09/2014 Medvedev: Europe will pay for sanctions against Russia
- 20/09/2014 Contact Group on Ukraine coordinates roadmap for implementing September 5 peace protocol
- 19/09/2014 Russia prepares to appeal to WTO to argue Western sanctions — Medvedev
- 19/09/2014 Russia won’t seek ‘invitation’ to coalition fighting IS – official
- 18/09/2014 Three civilians killed in eastern Ukraine
- 18/09/2014 Lavrov: No one will allow Ukraine to give up its nuclear-free status
- 18/09/2014 Ukraine PM tells army to be on full battle alert despite ceasefire
- 18/09/2014 Africa conflicts must be settled under the auspices of African Union - Lavrov
- 18/09/2014 Russia is not completely confident Iran, P5+1 can work out agreement by November 24
- 17/09/2014 Tycoon's arrest sends shock wave through Russia