Russian political analysts comment on US-planned military training in Persian Gulf
Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
Related news releases
- 06.05.2016Terror attack in Russia thwarted - FSB
- 06.05.2016Suspect in high-profile murder of Russian journalist detained
- 06.05.2016Ohanyan: Russia does not allow Armenia to buy arms and ammunition from any other country
- 04.05.2016Armenian website director arrested for blackmailing MP
- 03.05.20165.5-magnitude quake hits 57km E of Shikotan, Russia
- 02.05.2016Number of police forces in Armenia higher than officially announced
- 02.05.2016Armenia does not pay for treatment and recreation of military servicemen
- 01.05.2016Moscow Train Station Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- 30.04.2016Lavrov, Kerry discuss ways to strengthen Syria ceasefire: Russian Foreign Ministry
- 29.04.2016Armenia investigating reports on sale of humanitarian aid sent to Karabakh
- 29.04.2016Prosperous Armenia party member flees country taking party's $100mln
- 28.04.2016Russia asks UN to blacklist 2 powerful Syrian rebel groups
- 27.04.2016Procedure to extradite Ukraine's Savchenko from Russia started
- 27.04.2016Russian, Turkish foreign ministers may meet in China
- 27.04.2016Extremists may infiltrate into CIS from Afghanistan — Kyrgyz general staff chief
- 26.04.2016Russian Foreign Ministry sees no preconditions for resuming disarmament dialogue with US
- 26.04.2016Ukraine marks 30 years since Chernobyl disaster
- 26.04.2016Yerevan: "It was a wave explosion"
- 26.04.2016Belarus, U.S. ready to normalize ties: Belarusian FM
- 25.04.2016Bus explodes in Yerevan
- 23.04.2016Russia grants Ukraine's request to delay Eurobond case defense
- 21.04.2016Russian FM pays an official visit to Armenia to discus settlement of Nagorno Karabak conflict
- 20.04.2016Federation Council speaker: Russia has political will for Savchenko exchange
- 19.04.2016Poroshenko says Savchenko agreed to stop hunger strike
- 19.04.2016Russian FM to visit Armenia on Apr. 21-22
- 19.04.2016Ukraine begins process of Savchenko's extradition from Russia
- 19.04.2016Moscow hosting meeting of Eurasian parliamentary speakers
- 19.04.2016Poverty rate in Armenia is 76%
- 19.04.2016Suspect arrested after throwing grenade at Kocharyan’s house
- 19.04.2016Kremlin: Putin, Poroshenko discuss jailed Ukrainian pilot, Russian soldiers
- 19.04.2016Ukraine hands Russian servicemen 14-year prison terms
- 18.04.2016Presidents of Russia and the US discussed the situation in Syria
- 16.04.2016Yerevan police informed of assault on Armenia ex-president’s house
- 15.04.2016November 16 to be marked as President’s Day in Tajikistan
- 15.04.2016Rally to be held outside Armenian presidential residence
- 15.04.2016Chief of Russian General Staff arrives in Yerevan
- 14.04.2016Putin believes there will be no military action in east Ukraine
- 14.04.2016Putin expresses doubt West to lift anti-Russian sanctions soon
- 14.04.2016Putin: US should respect its partners including Russia
- 14.04.2016Putin: Turkey is Russia’s friend, but there are problems with certain politicians