Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
- 29/01/2015 Abel Aganbegyan: “Armenian population massively leave the country due to poverty”
- 29/01/2015 Poroshenko and US press Putin on Ukraine violence
- 28/01/2015 Russian FM says Kiev must keep neutral status
- 28/01/2015 Luhansk separatists recognize South Ossetia’s independence
- 28/01/2015 Russian government to expend $35 billion to address economic crisis
- 28/01/2015 US allocates $2b for Ukraine
- 27/01/2015 Ukrainian parliament recognizes Russia as ‘aggressor’ - UPDATED
- 27/01/2015 Employee of Russian Central Bank shoots dead 3 colleagues, then himself
- 27/01/2015 Ukraine's ambassador to UN: There are over 12,000 Russian soldiers in eastern Ukraine
- 27/01/2015 Russia defiant after more threats from West over Ukraine
- 27/01/2015 Russia warns West not to blackmail it over Ukraine
- 26/01/2015 Putin accuses Kiev of serving NATO interests
- 26/01/2015 Putin calls Ukrainian Army 'NATO Legion'
- 26/01/2015 Ukrainian govt declares state of emergency in Donetsk, Luhansk
- 26/01/2015 First Deputy Chief of Armenia's Police: Theory that Permyakov had not acted alone is also considered
- 26/01/2015 EU’s foreign ministers and OSCE Permanent Council to discuss situation in Ukraine
- 24/01/2015 Ukrainian Defence Ministry makes public statistics of Donbass battle on January 17-22
- 24/01/2015 Adviser to President of Ukraine informs about latest fight in Donetsk airport and releases photos - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/01/2015 10 civilians killed in Grad shelling of Ukraine’s Mariupol
- 24/01/2015 Russia threatens to suspend contacts with PACE
- 24/01/2015 Pro-Russian rebels reject peace deal, launch new offensive
- 24/01/2015 Putin blames Ukraine's 'criminal orders' for new fighting
- 24/01/2015 Fighting in east Ukraine leaves thousands without power
- 24/01/2015 Moldova to form minority coalition government
- 23/01/2015 Dozens killed in eastern Ukraine as fighting rages
- 23/01/2015 Putin: Authorities giving criminal orders are to blame for deaths of people in Donbas
- 23/01/2015 Yerevan residents to organize protest march to demand Russian serviceman’s transfer to Armenia
- 22/01/2015 Russian deputies to visit Armenia’s Gyumri
- 22/01/2015 Ukraine again declines Russia’s federalization call
- 22/01/2015 Mortar shell strikes tram stop in Donetsk leaving 13 dead
- 22/01/2015 Kiev warns Russia of losing Ukrainian gas market
- 21/01/2015 Russia hits back at Obama over State of Union speech
- 21/01/2015 Poroshenko: Another 2,000 Russian troops enter Ukraine
- 21/01/2015 Lavrov: Russia ready to cooperate with NATO in case of equal dialogue between partners
- 21/01/2015 Sergei Lavrov: We see attempts to politicize Gyumri incident
- 21/01/2015 Lavrov calls for direct dialogue between Kiev and Donbas
- 21/01/2015 US unable to solve any problem alone – Russian FM
- 21/01/2015 Moody’s downgrades 8 Russian non-financial corporates
- 20/01/2015 6 killed in Kazakh light plane crash
- 20/01/2015 Adviser to Ukraine's Interior Minister: “300 separatists have been killed in a week in the east of Ukraine”