Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
- 27/02/2015 Barbiturate detected in blood of Kazakh president’s former son-in-law
- 27/02/2015 Sergei Lavrov: Washington fails 'to slap together' global anti-Russian coalition
- 27/02/2015 Kazakhstan's border guards detain 4 Azerbaijani citizens engaged in illegal fishing in Caspian Sea
- 26/02/2015 Ukraine begins pulling back heavy weaponry from contact line
- 26/02/2015 Russian FM says Ukraine 'ridiculous' for expecting full cease-fire observance
- 26/02/2015 Naftogaz Ukrainy accuses Gazprom of slashing gas deliveries to Ukraine
- 25/02/2015 Nazarbayev to decide on participation in Kazakhstan's early presidential elections
- 25/02/2015 Ukraine under pressure from currency fall, gas supply threat
- 25/02/2015 OSCE mission calls on parties in Ukraine to provide plans for weapons withdrawal
- 24/02/2015 Lavrov: It’s necessary to pull back heavy weaponry without waiting for full ceasefire
- 24/02/2015 UAE to sell arms, weaponry to Ukraine
- 24/02/2015 Kazakh president's former son-in-law dies in jail suicide
- 24/02/2015 Putin rules out apocalyptic war scenario in Ukraine
- 24/02/2015 UN: Death toll in Donbass reached 5800
- 24/02/2015 Russia proposes to strengthen chapter of UN Charter on right to self-determination of peoples
- 24/02/2015 Kiev says cannot withdraw heavy weapons as attacks persist
- 24/02/2015 Russia and US spar over global crises at UN meeting
- 24/02/2015 Horrific road accident kills 3 in Bilasuvar
- 23/02/2015 Two killed in light aircraft crash in S. Russia
- 22/02/2015 OSCE mission requests sides in Ukraine conflict to provide data on heavy weapons
- 21/02/2015 Ukraine closes 23 checkpoints on the border with Russia
- 21/02/2015 Ukraine must pay for Russian gas sent to rebel areas: Medvedev
- 21/02/2015 Decline in Ebola cases flattens, raising UN concern
- 21/02/2015 Kiev accuses Russia of sending more tanks to east Ukraine
- 20/02/2015 Putin says Russia's military strength unmatchable
- 20/02/2015 OSCE: truce in east Ukraine observed nearly everywhere except for Debaltsevo
- 20/02/2015 Russia launches gas supplies to southeastern Ukraine
- 20/02/2015 Three children injured in household gas blast in Russian Urals region
- 19/02/2015 Poroshenko calls for international peacekeepers to be deployed in Ukraine
- 19/02/2015 Ukrainian Defense Ministry: At least 90 servicemen taken captive in Debaltsevo
- 19/02/2015 Ukrainian, Russian, French, German leaders talk on phone again
- 19/02/2015 Two armed men attack bank in Moscow
- 19/02/2015 22 Ukrainian soldiers killed, 150 wounded despite ceasefire
- 18/02/2015 Ukrainian forces quit besieged town after rebel assault
- 18/02/2015 Russian, US foreign policy leaders discuss Debaltsevo crisis
- 18/02/2015 Debaltsevo another pretext for US to impose new sanctions on Russia – FM
- 18/02/2015 Moscow to respond to Canadian sanctions against Russia – Lukashevich
- 18/02/2015 Russia will take appropriate actions, if NATO tries to drug Georgia into Alliance – Lavrov
- 18/02/2015 Victoria Nuland visits so-called ‘Armenian genocide’ memorial - PHOTO
- 18/02/2015 Poroshenko: Russia demanded our soldier wave ‘white flag’, but disgraced