One more US State recognizes Khojaly genocide
Baku – APA. An event dedicated to the 3rd Annual Turkic Day at the State Capitol was organized by Council of Turkic America Associations and Turkish Cultural Center Connecticut in Hartford, State of Connecticut.
Azerbaijani Embassy in the US told APA that Deputy Majority Leader of Connecticut State Senate Andrew Maynard and Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives Kevin Ryan submitted to the counsellor of Azerbaijani Embassy in the US Mammad Talibov the document on commemoration and recognition of Khojaly massacre adopted by General Assembly of Connecticut State on their initiative.
Talibov expressed his gratitude to the representatives of Connecticut General Assembly for paying attention to this painful page of Azerbaijani history and said that Shusha, one of the centers of Azerbaijani culture with an ancient history, was occupied on May 8 and 20 percent of Azerbaijani territories has been under occupation of Armenian armed forces for 21 years. Talibov noted that the U.S. should be more active in the soonest resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict basing on generally recognized principles and norms of the international law.
State Secretary of Connecticut State x-m Denise Merill, Speaker of Connecticut House of Representatives Brendan Sharkey, Majority Leader of Connecticut State Senate Joe Aresimowicz, Turkish Consul General in Boston Burak Kararti and members of several local Senates and Houses of Representatives, as well as representatives of the local Turkish community also attended the event.
- 09.10.2015French expert: OSCE MG ended up in failure
- 09.10.2015Azerbaijan prevents participation of Nagorno-Karabakh’s separatist regime with individual stand in Italy int’l tourism exhibition
- 09.10.2015US does not consider Nagorno-Karabakh conflict frozen – ambassador
- 09.10.2015Matthew Bryza: Not allowing a PACE rapporteur to visit Nagorno-Karabakh - a strange decision
- 09.10.2015Azerbaijani President: "Those who today sit in the highest offices in Yerevan are war criminals"
- 08.10.2015Guatemalan Congress adopts resolution on Khojaly tragedy
- 07.10.2015Turkish expert: Armenian oligarchs in need of Karabakh crisis
- 07.10.2015Opinion: Armenia grew into vassal state of Russia
- 07.10.2015OSCE MG to continue to pursue all steps toward Karabakh settlement, says U.S. co-chair
- 06.10.2015Russian political analyst: Nagorno-Karabakh experiencing deep economic crisis
- 05.10.2015Washington Times: Armenia being aggressor – incontrovertible fact
- 03.10.2015Separatist regime rejects Robert Walter's appeal to visit Nagorno Karabakh
- 02.10.2015Azerbaijani minister presents to ambassador Cekuta list of US companies operating in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 02.10.2015French MP: Int’l organizations consider Nagorno-Karabakh historical territory of Azerbaijan
- 02.10.2015Khojavand: 23 years under Armenian occupation
- 30.09.2015Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to decide on their meeting, says US co-chair
- 30.09.2015Hollande calls not to let incidents on Armenian-Azerbaijani border
- 30.09.2015UN chief expresses concern over current tension between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2015PACE rapporteur Robert Walter to prepare report on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 29.09.2015US co-chair: Nagorno-Karabakh’s final status remains subject of international mediation
- 29.09.2015OSCE CiO Dačić meets Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
- 28.09.2015US Ambassador: "We are concerned about the situation on the contact line"
- 28.09.2015CoE Committee of Ministers ready to hold discussion on Azykh Cave
- 28.09.2015Armenia’s aggressive policy leading region to brink of new disasters, says Azerbaijani FM
- 28.09.2015Russian FM meets with Minsk Group co-chairs in New York
- 26.09.2015Civilian killed as Armenian armed forces use mortars on contact line
- 26.09.2015Ambassador: Pakistan unequivocally recognizes Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity - PHOTO
- 26.09.2015Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs hold meeting
- 25.09.2015Foreign Ministry: Escalation of tension on border with Azerbaijan by Armenia – provocation
- 25.09.2015Times of Israel: Armenia reminds ISIL
- 25.09.2015OSCE MG co-chairs express concerns about use of mortars, heavy weapons in civilian areas
- 25.09.2015OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM in New York
- 25.09.2015James Warlik: "The Co-chairs urges an end to attacks and reprisals"
- 24.09.2015ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev taken hostage by Armenians
- 24.09.2015James Warlick: “We look forward to productive talks”
- 23.09.2015Nagorno-Karabakh conflict not a frozen one, says US co-chair
- 22.09.2015US ambassador: MG co-chairs stepped up efforts toward Karabakh settlement
- 22.09.2015Bayram Safarov: Azerbaijan’s granting asylum to Armenian citizen – message to world
- 22.09.2015Paraguay's parliament adopts statement supporting Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity
- 18.09.2015Evelyn Farkas: US deeply concerned about unresolved conflicts in region