Baku. Shamil Alibeyli – APA. “Turkey is engaged in spreading pan-Turkism ideology. In the relations with Asian countries, this country behaves like an elder brother. But there is a difference of faiths between the Turkish and Azerbaijani people. Turks are Sunni, while Azerbaijanis Shiites. Those who are spreading this ideology are also functioning in Azerbaijan and sometimes their promotion puts into question the territorial integrity of other countries,” said Iran’s ambassador to Azerbaijan Mohsen Pak Ayeen in his interview with “khabaronline.ri”.
In his interview, the ambassador touched on Azerbaijan-Israel relations and their impact on the relations with Iran: “Azerbaijan and Israel have good relations and Baku has announced several times that these relations are not against Iran. We believe the Azerbaijani officials. These are standard relations between the two countries.”
Touching on Azerbaijan-Iran relations, ambassador said sometimes there is misunderstanding between the two states, but such cases should not turn into obstacle between the two neighbouring and peoples.
“There were such cases. For example, there was some misunderstanding during Eurovision song contest, but this problem was solved due to the diplomatic efforts. Our relations with Azerbaijan were established on confidence and we still have much to do,” he said.
Asked about Nagorno Karabakh conflict, ambassador said Iran is ready to offer the role of mediator in this conflict.
“Azerbaijan and Armenia differ from each other. Iran has 15 neighbours. Despite the contradiction between Pakistan and Afghanistan, we are cooperating with both countries. We also have good relations with Iraq and Turkey, though there are contradictions between these countries, too. Iran is ready to mediate in the dialogue between Armenia and Azerbaijan, but the sides have chosen Minsk Group format. We think that OSCE Minsk Group’s efforts will fail, the co-chairing countries have been making efforts to solve the conflict for many years, but they lack strong will. Maybe the Minsk Group co-chairing countries want to protract the process of negotiations in order to seize certain privileges from Azerbaijan and Armenia,” he said.
- 24/11/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency chairman
- 24/11/2014 European Commission Vice President to visit Azerbaijan
- 22/11/2014 US vice-President: “We’ll establish reliable energy zone in the Mediterranean Sea region with the participation of Azerbaijan and Iraq”
- 22/11/2014 Ahmet Davutoğlu: Armenia left out of energy projects for invading Azerbaijani lands
- 21/11/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates President of Council of Ministers of Lebanon
- 21/11/2014 Revealed countries with which Azerbaijan has intense migration relations
- 21/11/2014 US doing its utmost to ensure peaceful resolution, Charge d'Affaires says
- 21/11/2014 Azerbaijan investigating company in Hungary arranging tours to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21/11/2014 Novruz Mammadov: Armenian diaspora trying by all means to damage Azerbaijan’s reputation in international arena
- 21/11/2014 Signing document with Nagorno-Karabakh separatist regime, Bouc Bel-Air Mayor violates France’s laws – Azerbaijani MFA
- 20/11/2014 Azerbaijan recalls ambassadors from Libya, Syria and Lebanon
- 20/11/2014 Azerbaijani President issues an order on improving procedures on issue of visas
- 20/11/2014 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Use of phrase ‘neutral territory’ in co-chairs’ latest statement unacceptable
- 20/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives presidents of International Olympic Committee and European Olympic Committees
- 20/11/2014 South Korean PM to visit Azerbaijan
- 20/11/2014 US supports Azerbaijan on political and economic reforms - Charge d'Affaires
- 20/11/2014 European Stability Initiative finds itself as a last remedy in dealing with legal issues
- 19/11/2014 Azerbaijani ambassador to UK presents his credentials to Queen Elizabeth II - PHOTOSESSION
- 19/11/2014 UK crisis brings Azerbaijan’s role in ensuring EU energy security centre-stage - PHOTOSESSION
- 19/11/2014 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Armenia already proved to be terror-supporting state through investigative-operational way
- 19/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives newly-appointed Jordanian Ambassador
- 19/11/2014 Bahar Muradova: “I support more restriction of activity of foreign donors in Azerbaijan”
- 19/11/2014 Head of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE: "The co-rapporteurs will arrive in Azerbaijan until early next year"
- 18/11/2014 Palestinian, Israeli ambassadors to Azerbaijan share opinions on Jerusalem synagogue terror attack
- 18/11/2014 Azerbaijan President Ilham Aliyev approves documents signed with several countries - UPDATED
- 17/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev received members of the Supreme Religious Council of Caucasian People
- 17/11/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates Omani Sultan
- 17/11/2014 GUAM Secretary General: Such conflicts will occur and it will be difficult to solve them, unless part of our territories remains under occupation
- 17/11/2014 Bahar Muradova: Azerbaijan still expects OSCE to take unified position regarding problems on its territorial integrity
- 17/11/2014 Ismail Alper Coskun: Turkey will undoubtedly always be close to Azerbaijan
- 15/11/2014 Charge d'Affaires: “Confirmation of new US ambassador to Azerbaijan will be considered soon”
- 15/11/2014 Deputy Head of Azerbaijani Presidential Administration: We expressed to European Union that we want to fully maintain our independence and sovereignty
- 15/11/2014 Novruz Mammadov reveals why Azerbaijan hasn’t responded EU proposal on signing Association agreement
- 15/11/2014 Reason for cancellation of Venice Commission visit to Azerbaijan revealed
- 14/11/2014 Fourth Traditional International Festival held at ADA University
- 14/11/2014 Dunja Mijatović’s statement on freedom of media in Azerbaijan doesn’t reflect reality – Foreign Ministry
- 14/11/2014 Managements of CNN Turk and Euronews TV channels given detailed information about territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 13/11/2014 Azerbaijan hands over chairmanship of CoE Committee of Ministers to Belgium
- 13/11/2014 Russian Foreign Ministry’s official note says Nagorno-Karabakh has no office in Russia - Polad Bulbuloghlu
- 13/11/2014 Azerbaijani, Iranian presidents sign Joint Declaration - UPDATED