Baku. Shamil Alibeyli – APA. “Turkey is engaged in spreading pan-Turkism ideology. In the relations with Asian countries, this country behaves like an elder brother. But there is a difference of faiths between the Turkish and Azerbaijani people. Turks are Sunni, while Azerbaijanis Shiites. Those who are spreading this ideology are also functioning in Azerbaijan and sometimes their promotion puts into question the territorial integrity of other countries,” said Iran’s ambassador to Azerbaijan Mohsen Pak Ayeen in his interview with “khabaronline.ri”.
In his interview, the ambassador touched on Azerbaijan-Israel relations and their impact on the relations with Iran: “Azerbaijan and Israel have good relations and Baku has announced several times that these relations are not against Iran. We believe the Azerbaijani officials. These are standard relations between the two countries.”
Touching on Azerbaijan-Iran relations, ambassador said sometimes there is misunderstanding between the two states, but such cases should not turn into obstacle between the two neighbouring and peoples.
“There were such cases. For example, there was some misunderstanding during Eurovision song contest, but this problem was solved due to the diplomatic efforts. Our relations with Azerbaijan were established on confidence and we still have much to do,” he said.
Asked about Nagorno Karabakh conflict, ambassador said Iran is ready to offer the role of mediator in this conflict.
“Azerbaijan and Armenia differ from each other. Iran has 15 neighbours. Despite the contradiction between Pakistan and Afghanistan, we are cooperating with both countries. We also have good relations with Iraq and Turkey, though there are contradictions between these countries, too. Iran is ready to mediate in the dialogue between Armenia and Azerbaijan, but the sides have chosen Minsk Group format. We think that OSCE Minsk Group’s efforts will fail, the co-chairing countries have been making efforts to solve the conflict for many years, but they lack strong will. Maybe the Minsk Group co-chairing countries want to protract the process of negotiations in order to seize certain privileges from Azerbaijan and Armenia,” he said.
- 23/05/2015 President of the Association of Friends of Azerbaijan expresses condolences to Azerbaijani President
- 23/05/2015 Elmar Mammadyarov: “Azerbaijan regards the relations with the EU through the prism of bilateral relations”
- 23/05/2015 Azerbaijani FM: “I’m surely saying that the Nagorno Karabakh conflict will be settled in the near future”
- 23/05/2015 Elmar Mammadyarov explains remarks made by Azerbaijan on Riga summit declaration
- 23/05/2015 Azerbaijani FM to visit Russia
- 23/05/2015 Baku hosting General Assembly and Board Meeting of International Fund for Cooperation and Partnership of Black Sea and Caspian Sea
- 23/05/2015 U.S. supports EU efforts to foster closer partnership with Eastern Partnership countries, says Department of State
- 23/05/2015 What are the moments related to Azerbaijan in the final Declaration of the Riga Summit? - UPDATED
- 23/05/2015 Azerbaijani President: “Azerbaijan is becoming a factor to be reckoned with on a global scale”
- 22/05/2015 Azerbaijan not to participate in a workshop of NATO Parliamentary Assembly
- 22/05/2015 Ziyafet Asgerov: EU showed in Riga summit that it pursues double standard policy against Azerbaijan
- 22/05/2015 Poroshenko: Azerbaijan’s remarks on final declaration were not related to Ukraine
- 22/05/2015 Azerbaijan looking forward to increased support of EU to realization of South Gas Corridor Project – FM
- 22/05/2015 Novruz Mammadov: If proposals overlooked, Azerbaijan will state its position on cooperating with EU
- 22/05/2015 Mogherini: Though EU does not have high-level partnership with countries, not signing association agreement, it is beneficial for both sides
- 22/05/2015 “Baku rhythms in the heart of Riga” exhibition opens in Riga - PHOTO
- 21/05/2015 King of Sweden congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 21/05/2015 King of Netherlands congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on National Holiday
- 21/05/2015 Novruz Mammadov: Mutual interests should be taken into account in cooperation between EU and Eastern Partnership countries
- 21/05/2015 Newly-elected UK parliament reminded of Azerbaijan’s IDP tragedy
- 21/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev receives Deputy Prime Minister of Belarus
- 21/05/2015 Novruz Mammadov: Some circles in West, Europe don’t demonstrate fair approach toward Azerbaijan
- 21/05/2015 Putin confers Order of Honor on Polad Bulbuloglu
- 21/05/2015 Turkey’s Erdogan offers condolences to Azerbaijani president over fatal Baku fire outbreak
- 21/05/2015 European Council President Donald Tusk has phone conversation with President Ilham Aliyev
- 21/05/2015 Queen Elizabeth II sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani President
- 21/05/2015 Azerbaijani deputy FM: To push Armenia toward peace, international community should put end to double standards
- 21/05/2015 Azerbaijan presents draft agreement on strategic partnership to EU
- 21/05/2015 May 28th proclaimed as “Azerbaijan National Day” in the U.S. State of Nevada
- 20/05/2015 EOC president offers condolences to Azerbaijan’s first lady Mehriban Aliyeva
- 20/05/2015 Azerbaijani president’s decision not to join Riga summit explained - EXCLUSIVE
- 20/05/2015 US embassy warns of 2015 Diversity Visa Lottery fraud
- 20/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani president will not participate in Riga summit
- 20/05/2015 Latvia’s ex-president: As long as Russia is UNSC permanent member, conflicts unlikely to be resolved by UN
- 19/05/2015 U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan: "There are many nuances related to tolerance which the world should take an example from Azerbaijan"
- 19/05/2015 Altay Efendiyev recalled from his post as Azerbaijani ambassador to Spain and Andorra
- 19/05/2015 Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Algeria
- 19/05/2015 US ambassador to Azerbaijan visits Guba Memorial Complex
- 19/05/2015 Settlement of frozen conflicts to be reflected in Riga summit declaration
- 19/05/2015 Azerbaijani FM: Withdrawal of Armenia’s troops from occupied territories can be significant confidence building measure