Baku. Shamil Alibeyli – APA. “Turkey is engaged in spreading pan-Turkism ideology. In the relations with Asian countries, this country behaves like an elder brother. But there is a difference of faiths between the Turkish and Azerbaijani people. Turks are Sunni, while Azerbaijanis Shiites. Those who are spreading this ideology are also functioning in Azerbaijan and sometimes their promotion puts into question the territorial integrity of other countries,” said Iran’s ambassador to Azerbaijan Mohsen Pak Ayeen in his interview with “khabaronline.ri”.
In his interview, the ambassador touched on Azerbaijan-Israel relations and their impact on the relations with Iran: “Azerbaijan and Israel have good relations and Baku has announced several times that these relations are not against Iran. We believe the Azerbaijani officials. These are standard relations between the two countries.”
Touching on Azerbaijan-Iran relations, ambassador said sometimes there is misunderstanding between the two states, but such cases should not turn into obstacle between the two neighbouring and peoples.
“There were such cases. For example, there was some misunderstanding during Eurovision song contest, but this problem was solved due to the diplomatic efforts. Our relations with Azerbaijan were established on confidence and we still have much to do,” he said.
Asked about Nagorno Karabakh conflict, ambassador said Iran is ready to offer the role of mediator in this conflict.
“Azerbaijan and Armenia differ from each other. Iran has 15 neighbours. Despite the contradiction between Pakistan and Afghanistan, we are cooperating with both countries. We also have good relations with Iraq and Turkey, though there are contradictions between these countries, too. Iran is ready to mediate in the dialogue between Armenia and Azerbaijan, but the sides have chosen Minsk Group format. We think that OSCE Minsk Group’s efforts will fail, the co-chairing countries have been making efforts to solve the conflict for many years, but they lack strong will. Maybe the Minsk Group co-chairing countries want to protract the process of negotiations in order to seize certain privileges from Azerbaijan and Armenia,” he said.
- 28/11/2014 European Commission vice-president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 28/11/2014 OSCE MG co-chairs should not demand explanation from Azerbaijan, but Armenia for downed helicopter – Vice-Speaker
- 28/11/2014 European Commission Vice-President: One main obstacle for region to prosper is the unresolved Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 28/11/2014 Ukrainian calls on journalists to respect laws of Azerbaijan
- 28/11/2014 Ziyafet Asgarov: A number of international organizations have taken path of pressure on Azerbaijan under the pretence of human rights
- 27/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of newly-appointed Maltese Ambassador
- 27/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives Korean PM
- 27/11/2014 Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations meets Iranian Industry, Mines, and Trade Minister - PHOTO
- 27/11/2014 Azerbaijani rejects accreditation request of Ukraine’s 1+1 TV channel
- 27/11/2014 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: EU member states have enough problems related to human rights
- 27/11/2014 Ambassador: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity top priority in Turkey’s regional policy - PHOTOSESSION
- 27/11/2014 South Korean PM on visit to Azerbaijan
- 26/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of newly-appointed Ambassador of Thailand
- 26/11/2014 Azerbaijani President receives credentials of newly-appointed Guatemalan Ambassador
- 26/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of newly-appointed Philippine Ambassador
- 26/11/2014 Sergei Markedonov: West-Russia disagreement and tension leading to re-ignition of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 24/11/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency chairman
- 24/11/2014 European Commission Vice President to visit Azerbaijan
- 22/11/2014 US vice-President: “We’ll establish reliable energy zone in the Mediterranean Sea region with the participation of Azerbaijan and Iraq”
- 22/11/2014 Ahmet Davutoğlu: Armenia left out of energy projects for invading Azerbaijani lands
- 21/11/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates President of Council of Ministers of Lebanon
- 21/11/2014 Revealed countries with which Azerbaijan has intense migration relations
- 21/11/2014 US doing its utmost to ensure peaceful resolution, Charge d'Affaires says
- 21/11/2014 Azerbaijan investigating company in Hungary arranging tours to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21/11/2014 Novruz Mammadov: Armenian diaspora trying by all means to damage Azerbaijan’s reputation in international arena
- 21/11/2014 Signing document with Nagorno-Karabakh separatist regime, Bouc Bel-Air Mayor violates France’s laws – Azerbaijani MFA
- 20/11/2014 Azerbaijan recalls ambassadors from Libya, Syria and Lebanon
- 20/11/2014 Azerbaijani President issues an order on improving procedures on issue of visas
- 20/11/2014 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Use of phrase ‘neutral territory’ in co-chairs’ latest statement unacceptable
- 20/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives presidents of International Olympic Committee and European Olympic Committees
- 20/11/2014 South Korean PM to visit Azerbaijan
- 20/11/2014 US supports Azerbaijan on political and economic reforms - Charge d'Affaires
- 20/11/2014 European Stability Initiative finds itself as a last remedy in dealing with legal issues
- 19/11/2014 Azerbaijani ambassador to UK presents his credentials to Queen Elizabeth II - PHOTOSESSION
- 19/11/2014 UK crisis brings Azerbaijan’s role in ensuring EU energy security centre-stage - PHOTOSESSION
- 19/11/2014 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Armenia already proved to be terror-supporting state through investigative-operational way
- 19/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives newly-appointed Jordanian Ambassador
- 19/11/2014 Bahar Muradova: “I support more restriction of activity of foreign donors in Azerbaijan”
- 19/11/2014 Head of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE: "The co-rapporteurs will arrive in Azerbaijan until early next year"
- 18/11/2014 Palestinian, Israeli ambassadors to Azerbaijan share opinions on Jerusalem synagogue terror attack