Baku. Shamil Alibeyli – APA. “Turkey is engaged in spreading pan-Turkism ideology. In the relations with Asian countries, this country behaves like an elder brother. But there is a difference of faiths between the Turkish and Azerbaijani people. Turks are Sunni, while Azerbaijanis Shiites. Those who are spreading this ideology are also functioning in Azerbaijan and sometimes their promotion puts into question the territorial integrity of other countries,” said Iran’s ambassador to Azerbaijan Mohsen Pak Ayeen in his interview with “khabaronline.ri”.
In his interview, the ambassador touched on Azerbaijan-Israel relations and their impact on the relations with Iran: “Azerbaijan and Israel have good relations and Baku has announced several times that these relations are not against Iran. We believe the Azerbaijani officials. These are standard relations between the two countries.”
Touching on Azerbaijan-Iran relations, ambassador said sometimes there is misunderstanding between the two states, but such cases should not turn into obstacle between the two neighbouring and peoples.
“There were such cases. For example, there was some misunderstanding during Eurovision song contest, but this problem was solved due to the diplomatic efforts. Our relations with Azerbaijan were established on confidence and we still have much to do,” he said.
Asked about Nagorno Karabakh conflict, ambassador said Iran is ready to offer the role of mediator in this conflict.
“Azerbaijan and Armenia differ from each other. Iran has 15 neighbours. Despite the contradiction between Pakistan and Afghanistan, we are cooperating with both countries. We also have good relations with Iraq and Turkey, though there are contradictions between these countries, too. Iran is ready to mediate in the dialogue between Armenia and Azerbaijan, but the sides have chosen Minsk Group format. We think that OSCE Minsk Group’s efforts will fail, the co-chairing countries have been making efforts to solve the conflict for many years, but they lack strong will. Maybe the Minsk Group co-chairing countries want to protract the process of negotiations in order to seize certain privileges from Azerbaijan and Armenia,” he said.
- 07/07/2015 Foreign Ministry: Man who hanged himself in Tabriz hotel turned to be Azerbaijani citizen
- 07/07/2015 Azerbaijani FM leaves for official visit to Croatia
- 07/07/2015 British MP sends protest letter to Chatham House director
- 07/07/2015 German Sterligov to be included in list of undesirable people of Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry
- 07/07/2015 Azerbaijani FM: ECHR judgment should also guide OSCE MG co-chairs - INTERVIEW
- 04/07/2015 Chatham House: We respect Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and independence
- 04/07/2015 Strategic relationship with Azerbaijan very important for Georgia, says PM
- 03/07/2015 President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Barack Obama on US Independence Day
- 03/07/2015 Azerbaijani delegation head says PACE must respond immediately to Armenia’s obstacles to rapporteurs
- 02/07/2015 Robert Cekuta: “US wants to strengthen relations with Azerbaijan”
- 02/07/2015 Arsons in areas bordering with Iran pose problems for agriculture, says ambassador INTERVIEW
- 02/07/2015 Azerbaijani delegation to attend OSCE PA summer session
- 02/07/2015 Azerbaijan expresses protest to UK - UPDATED
- 01/07/2015 Azerbaijan invites OSCE PA to observe upcoming parliamentary elections
- 01/07/2015 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry removes Serbian journalist’s name from list of undesirable persons
- 01/07/2015 OSCE says termination of PCiB does not prejudice cooperation with Azerbaijan
- 01/07/2015 Australian-Azerbaijani parliamentary group established at Australian parliament
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijani president congratulates Canadian governor-general
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry condemns terrorist attack in Kuwait
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijan condemns terrorist attack on Egypt's attorney general
- 29/06/2015 Samad Seyidov: For Council of Europe, issue of human rights has become instrument of political pressure
- 29/06/2015 Some Armenians having fun abroad, while others suffering home instead of them – Azerbaijani official
- 29/06/2015 Azerbaijan once again demonstrated to world its development in sport field – Kazakh ambassador
- 28/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev meets with Bulgarian President visiting Azerbaijan to participate in closing ceremony of European Games
- 28/06/2015 Bulgarian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 27/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev receives Secretary General of Socialist International
- 27/06/2015 Russian Federal Council committee chairman: West’s such actions against Azerbaijan are unfair and unacceptable
- 27/06/2015 Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by president of European Olympic Committees
- 27/06/2015 Chairman of Liechtenstein parliament embarks on Azerbaijan visit
- 26/06/2015 State Duma chairman Sergey Naryshkin arrives in Azerbaijan
- 26/06/2015 AK Party names Ismet Yilmaz as speaker candidate
- 26/06/2015 Ukrainian embassy: Vladimir Aryev’s views on Azerbaijan are his personal position
- 26/06/2015 Samad Seyidov: We are seriously thinking about events occurred in PACE session
- 26/06/2015 Azerbaijani President confers “Dostlug” order on co-chair of Nizami Ganjavi International Centre Ismail Serageldin
- 26/06/2015 Members of Verkhovna Rada: We apologize to Azerbaijan
- 26/06/2015 Assistant to Azerbaijani President: "Ferguson and Baltimore events show that human rights situation is not good in the USA
- 26/06/2015 Indonesia’s National Commission on Human Rights welcomes ECHR’s judgment on case of Chiragov and others v. Armenia
- 26/06/2015 U.S. Department of State publicizes 2014 Human Rights Report
- 26/06/2015 Azerbaijani MFA: "Resolution adopted by PACE On June 23, is another example of groundless and preconceived approach against Azerbaijan"
- 25/06/2015 Azerbaijani President receives former Latvian President