Baku. Shamil Alibeyli – APA. “Turkey is engaged in spreading pan-Turkism ideology. In the relations with Asian countries, this country behaves like an elder brother. But there is a difference of faiths between the Turkish and Azerbaijani people. Turks are Sunni, while Azerbaijanis Shiites. Those who are spreading this ideology are also functioning in Azerbaijan and sometimes their promotion puts into question the territorial integrity of other countries,” said Iran’s ambassador to Azerbaijan Mohsen Pak Ayeen in his interview with “khabaronline.ri”.
In his interview, the ambassador touched on Azerbaijan-Israel relations and their impact on the relations with Iran: “Azerbaijan and Israel have good relations and Baku has announced several times that these relations are not against Iran. We believe the Azerbaijani officials. These are standard relations between the two countries.”
Touching on Azerbaijan-Iran relations, ambassador said sometimes there is misunderstanding between the two states, but such cases should not turn into obstacle between the two neighbouring and peoples.
“There were such cases. For example, there was some misunderstanding during Eurovision song contest, but this problem was solved due to the diplomatic efforts. Our relations with Azerbaijan were established on confidence and we still have much to do,” he said.
Asked about Nagorno Karabakh conflict, ambassador said Iran is ready to offer the role of mediator in this conflict.
“Azerbaijan and Armenia differ from each other. Iran has 15 neighbours. Despite the contradiction between Pakistan and Afghanistan, we are cooperating with both countries. We also have good relations with Iraq and Turkey, though there are contradictions between these countries, too. Iran is ready to mediate in the dialogue between Armenia and Azerbaijan, but the sides have chosen Minsk Group format. We think that OSCE Minsk Group’s efforts will fail, the co-chairing countries have been making efforts to solve the conflict for many years, but they lack strong will. Maybe the Minsk Group co-chairing countries want to protract the process of negotiations in order to seize certain privileges from Azerbaijan and Armenia,” he said.
- 31/01/2015 Matthew Bryza: U.S. president should meet with presidents Aliyev and Sargsyan
- 31/01/2015 Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Bulgarian counterpart
- 30/01/2015 Nazim Ibrahimov: Israeli president’s remarks on Khojaly tragedy major success for Azerbaijan
- 30/01/2015 Israeli president says Khojaly tragedy among massacres
- 30/01/2015 Elmar Mammadyarov receives newly appointed ambassador of Kyrgyz Republic to Azerbaijan
- 30/01/2015 Date of new US ambassador’s arrival in Azerbaijan announced
- 30/01/2015 Nikolay Bordyuzha: CSTO can not give military response to escalation of tension along contact line of Azerbaijani-Armenian troops
- 30/01/2015 The Washington Times publishes collection of articles on Azerbaijan
- 30/01/2015 Colorado State Senate adopts statement expressing support for Azerbaijan - PHOTOSESSION
- 29/01/2015 Azerbaijan, Iran can use national currency in trade transactions – minister
- 29/01/2015 Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs adopt joint statement
- 29/01/2015 Next meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish and Turkmen FMs to be held in Turkey
- 29/01/2015 Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold trilateral meeting in Ashgabat
- 29/01/2015 Mevlut Cavusoglu: We plan to hold summit of Turkish, Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents
- 29/01/2015 Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Ashgabat
- 29/01/2015 PACE Monitoring Committee appoints new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan
- 29/01/2015 Dan Burton: Azerbaijan, US have built strong partnership supported by shared values
- 29/01/2015 Elmar Mammadyarov leaves for Ashgabat to attend Azerbaijani, Turkmen and Turkish FM's meeting
- 28/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev received a delegation led by the Minister of Economic Affairs and Finance of Iran
- 28/01/2015 Iran appoints new Consul General to Nakhchivan
- 28/01/2015 ECHR Grand Chamber holding hearing on Swiss govt’s appeal against judgment on Perinçek’s case - PHOTO
- 27/01/2015 Azerbaijani parliamentarian says Europe’s negligence toward Karabakh problem led to Ukrainian crisis
- 27/01/2015 French ambassador expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani leadership
- 27/01/2015 Azerbaijani FM departs to Poland
- 26/01/2015 Azerbaijani FM: “As a result of the irresponsible policy of the criminal-oligarchic dictatorship, Armenia became an isolated state”
- 26/01/2015 Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic
- 26/01/2015 CoE Committee of Ministers Chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 26/01/2015 Turkey, Armenia should resolve problem through negotiations – PACE President
- 26/01/2015 Ambassador congratulates all Romanians in Azerbaijan on Union Day
- 26/01/2015 Azerbaijani FM leaves for Slovakia on official visit
- 24/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits Saudi Arabian embassy in Azerbaijan
- 23/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev met the CEO of Gaz de France Suez
- 23/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev met Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum Klaus Schwab
- 23/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: “Armenia carried out more than 30 terrorist attacks against Azerbaijan"
- 23/01/2015 PACE winter session agenda made public
- 23/01/2015 Azerbaijan blacklists RFE/RL employee
- 23/01/2015 Next trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish and Turkmen FMs to be held on Jan. 29
- 23/01/2015 Ogtay Asadov, Allahshukur Pashazade and Fattah Heydarov to attend funeral of Saudi Arabia’s King
- 23/01/2015 French people managed to escape from plots – Ambassador
- 23/01/2015 Pascal Meunier: OSCE MG co-chair countries want resumption of dialogue