Baku. Shamil Alibeyli – APA. “Turkey is engaged in spreading pan-Turkism ideology. In the relations with Asian countries, this country behaves like an elder brother. But there is a difference of faiths between the Turkish and Azerbaijani people. Turks are Sunni, while Azerbaijanis Shiites. Those who are spreading this ideology are also functioning in Azerbaijan and sometimes their promotion puts into question the territorial integrity of other countries,” said Iran’s ambassador to Azerbaijan Mohsen Pak Ayeen in his interview with “khabaronline.ri”.
In his interview, the ambassador touched on Azerbaijan-Israel relations and their impact on the relations with Iran: “Azerbaijan and Israel have good relations and Baku has announced several times that these relations are not against Iran. We believe the Azerbaijani officials. These are standard relations between the two countries.”
Touching on Azerbaijan-Iran relations, ambassador said sometimes there is misunderstanding between the two states, but such cases should not turn into obstacle between the two neighbouring and peoples.
“There were such cases. For example, there was some misunderstanding during Eurovision song contest, but this problem was solved due to the diplomatic efforts. Our relations with Azerbaijan were established on confidence and we still have much to do,” he said.
Asked about Nagorno Karabakh conflict, ambassador said Iran is ready to offer the role of mediator in this conflict.
“Azerbaijan and Armenia differ from each other. Iran has 15 neighbours. Despite the contradiction between Pakistan and Afghanistan, we are cooperating with both countries. We also have good relations with Iraq and Turkey, though there are contradictions between these countries, too. Iran is ready to mediate in the dialogue between Armenia and Azerbaijan, but the sides have chosen Minsk Group format. We think that OSCE Minsk Group’s efforts will fail, the co-chairing countries have been making efforts to solve the conflict for many years, but they lack strong will. Maybe the Minsk Group co-chairing countries want to protract the process of negotiations in order to seize certain privileges from Azerbaijan and Armenia,” he said.
- 31/07/2014 Polling stations at Turkish embassy and consulates in Azerbaijan opened in connection with presidential elections
- 31/07/2014 US Embassy in Azerbaijan: “We are currently unable to predict how long the delay will be”
- 31/07/2014 Pakistani ambassador to Azerbaijan holds reception on Ramadan Eid in Baku
- 30/07/2014 US Embassy: Visa-related problems to be solved soon
- 30/07/2014 Ambassador: ‘Combating terrorism and all forms of radicalism is a priority for Turkey’
- 30/07/2014 Barack Obama sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani President
- 25/07/2014 Family members of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev taken hostages by Armenians in Kalbajar address to Vladimir Putin - PHOTOSESSION
- 25/07/2014 Measures underway to prevent export of fake labeled products made in Nagorno-Karabakh to foreign countries
- 25/07/2014 Azerbaijani Embassy in Egypt to investigate whether or not Azerbaijanis are among victims of Algerian passenger plane crash
- 24/07/2014 Richard Morningstar: “The United States does not want in any way to create instability or unrest in Azerbaijan”
- 24/07/2014 U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan: “It was equally brave for Azerbaijan to commit to the Southern Gas Corridor, which will bring gas to Georgia, Turkey and on into Europe”
- 24/07/2014 Richard Morningstar: “We need to stand by Azerbaijan as it strives to maintain its sovereignty and independence”
- 24/07/2014 Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations receives outgoing US Ambassador Richard Morningstar - PHOTO
- 24/07/2014 OSCE MG Co-Chairs urge Azerbaijan and Armenia to commit themselves to avoiding causalities on line of contact
- 23/07/2014 Azerbaijani President: If Karabakh problem is not settled justly, the regional situation will become more complicated
- 23/07/2014 Azerbaijani top official accuses Russian TV channel of serving insidious purposes
- 23/07/2014 Ambassador clarifies issue of whether Dilgam Asgarov taken hostage in Kalbajar is Russian citizen or not
- 23/07/2014 Iranian Ambassador to Azerbaijan calls international organizations not to remain indifferent to what is happening in Gaza Strip
- 23/07/2014 Minister of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan: "Stability and prosperity on the European continent are major preconditions for closer cooperation"
- 23/07/2014 Elmar Mammadyarov: “Goods produced in the Nagorno-Karabakh are sold by Armenia in the EU market under various fraudulent labels”
- 23/07/2014 Azerbaijani FM: Azerbaijan has proved to be a reliable strategic partner of EU in the field of energy
- 23/07/2014 Elmar Mammadyarov: “Azerbaijan is ready to coordinate its efforts with other international actors, especially with the European Union during the whole period of its chairmanship”.
- 23/07/2014 Elmar Mammadyarov: “Azerbaijan has been successful in strengthening cooperation with EU based on my country’s development agenda and priorities”
- 22/07/2014 Azerbaijan International Development Agency implements humanitarian action in Benin and Chad
- 22/07/2014 Premature accusations over plane crash in Donetsk to aggravate situation – Russian ambassador
- 22/07/2014 Russian ambassador says no reason to politicize and dramatize issue regarding Orkhan Zeynalov
- 22/07/2014 British ambassador congratulates Azerbaijani journalists
- 22/07/2014 Chairman of Committee of Ministers makes statement on Malaysia Airlines plane crash
- 21/07/2014 Djibouti strongly condemns Armenia`s aggression against Azerbaijan
- 21/07/2014 AIDA represented at international donor conference in Brussels
- 21/07/2014 Elmar Mammadyarov to attend Eastern Partnerhsip Foreign Ministers meeting
- 21/07/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Norm concrete plant - PHOTO
- 19/07/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates King of Belgium
- 19/07/2014 Malaysian Chargé d'affaires to Azerbaijan: We want a detailed and objective investigation of plane crash - INTERVIEW
- 18/07/2014 Foreign Ministry calls on the UK authorities to refrain from irrelevant interference in the internal affairs of Azerbaijan
- 18/07/2014 11 Azerbaijani citizens evacuated from Gaza
- 18/07/2014 Malaysian embassy in Azerbaijan to open Memory Book of aircraft crash victims
- 18/07/2014 Azerbaijan - important partner of EU in field of energy, Lithuanian president says
- 18/07/2014 Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Dutch Prime Minister
- 18/07/2014 Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Malaysian Prime Minister