Baku. Shamil Alibeyli – APA. “Turkey is engaged in spreading pan-Turkism ideology. In the relations with Asian countries, this country behaves like an elder brother. But there is a difference of faiths between the Turkish and Azerbaijani people. Turks are Sunni, while Azerbaijanis Shiites. Those who are spreading this ideology are also functioning in Azerbaijan and sometimes their promotion puts into question the territorial integrity of other countries,” said Iran’s ambassador to Azerbaijan Mohsen Pak Ayeen in his interview with “khabaronline.ri”.
In his interview, the ambassador touched on Azerbaijan-Israel relations and their impact on the relations with Iran: “Azerbaijan and Israel have good relations and Baku has announced several times that these relations are not against Iran. We believe the Azerbaijani officials. These are standard relations between the two countries.”
Touching on Azerbaijan-Iran relations, ambassador said sometimes there is misunderstanding between the two states, but such cases should not turn into obstacle between the two neighbouring and peoples.
“There were such cases. For example, there was some misunderstanding during Eurovision song contest, but this problem was solved due to the diplomatic efforts. Our relations with Azerbaijan were established on confidence and we still have much to do,” he said.
Asked about Nagorno Karabakh conflict, ambassador said Iran is ready to offer the role of mediator in this conflict.
“Azerbaijan and Armenia differ from each other. Iran has 15 neighbours. Despite the contradiction between Pakistan and Afghanistan, we are cooperating with both countries. We also have good relations with Iraq and Turkey, though there are contradictions between these countries, too. Iran is ready to mediate in the dialogue between Armenia and Azerbaijan, but the sides have chosen Minsk Group format. We think that OSCE Minsk Group’s efforts will fail, the co-chairing countries have been making efforts to solve the conflict for many years, but they lack strong will. Maybe the Minsk Group co-chairing countries want to protract the process of negotiations in order to seize certain privileges from Azerbaijan and Armenia,” he said.
- 22/12/2014 Turkish PM congratulates Azerbaijani President
- 22/12/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates emperor of Japan
- 22/12/2014 Turkish embassy warns Azerbaijani citizens who want to visit Turkey
- 22/12/2014 BP Regional President, Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey congratulates Azerbaijani President
- 20/12/2014 Russian FM: We have helped US since 1780, but not calculated its cash equivalent
- 20/12/2014 A brief excursus into U.S-Azerbaijani relations and reflections on future
- 19/12/2014 Ambassador: We hope Azerbaijan will invest in Moldovan economy - INTERVIEW
- 19/12/2014 Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia has deployed Japan-made military hardware in Nagorno-Karabakh, acquiring it through a third side
- 19/12/2014 Ambassador: 2014 has been extremely fruitful and significant in terms of Azerbaijani-Georgian relations
- 19/12/2014 Georgian ambassador: Progress will soon be achieved toward border delimitation and demarcation, the matter will be settled
- 18/12/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives Secretary General of Socialist International
- 18/12/2014 Series of events proposed to be held in Turkic-speaking countries on 25th anniversary of Karabakh incidents
- 18/12/2014 TURKPA Secretary General: Azerbaijan plays significant role in establishment and development of Turkic peoples’ union
- 18/12/2014 Turkey’s representative to UNESCO: I hope Armenian delegation will evaluate Azerbaijan’s generosity and avoid confrontation
- 17/12/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates Emir of Qatar
- 17/12/2014 US does not provide any assistance to separatist regime in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 17/12/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives BP Group Chief Executive
- 17/12/2014 Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 17/12/2014 US Embassy: We eagerly await Cekuta’s arrival in Azerbaijan
- 17/12/2014 Ambassador: Armenia’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union unlikely to affect Azerbaijan-Belarus relations
- 17/12/2014 US Senate confirms Robert Cekuta as ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 17/12/2014 Foreign Ministry: Azerbaijan, as a country suffering from terrorism, condemns terrorism in all its forms and manifestations
- 16/12/2014 Ambassador: "Next year is Nursultan Nazarbayev's turn to visit Azerbaijan"
- 16/12/2014 Polad Bulbuloglu: No country would compromise its national interests and territorial integrity to another
- 16/12/2014 Azerbaijani parliament raises issue of using Azerbaijani language at international organizations
- 15/12/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates Kazakh counterpart
- 15/12/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates King of Bahrain
- 15/12/2014 Azerbaijani President receives Deputy Prime Minister of Poland
- 15/12/2014 Azerbaijani President awards employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 15/12/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives Maltese PM
- 15/12/2014 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Armenia has turned Gevorgyan’s family into a baseless tool for propaganda beyond moral, ethical, legal and humane values
- 15/12/2014 Maltese PM embarks on official visit to Azerbaijan
- 13/12/2014 PACE winter session agenda made public
- 13/12/2014 Etienne Mahcupyan: Turkey’s making concessions in issues of Armenian genocide and opening of borders is impossible
- 13/12/2014 Venice Commission adopts opinion to law on NGOs of Azerbaijan
- 12/12/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives President of International Equestrian Federation
- 12/12/2014 Azerbaijan, Georgia to construct two border checkpoints – Deputy FM
- 12/12/2014 Azerbaijan will remain a country of strategic importance to NATO - James Appathurai
- 11/12/2014 Azerbaijani President receives Speaker of Serbian National Assembly
- 11/12/2014 Serbian National Assembly President: During our OSCE chairmanship, we’ll do our utmost for Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement