Islam Shahwan, a Hamas Interior Ministry spokesman, said the campaign promised amnesty for collaborators who surrender willingly.
In its second part, the campaign involves public programs to raise awareness against aiding Israel with information, he said.
In 2007, Hamas took over Gaza after routing security forces loyal to President Mahmoud Abbas of the rival Fatah movement. Since then, Hamas prides itself on "cleaning" the coastal enclave from Israel's eyes.
But in subsequent waves of cross-border fighting with Israel, Israeli airplanes identified and hit several Hamas targets, including senior military and political leaders who used to move in disguise and secretly, such as Interior Minister Said Siam and Hamas' military chief Ahmed al-Jaabari.
Hamas blames the collaborators for helping Israel allocating its bank of targets. During the eight-day clash between Hamas and Israel in November 2012, which was sparked after the killing of al- Jaabari, Hamas executed seven collaborators in the streets, some of them summarily, in addition to 14 others who were executed after complete trials over the past three years.
The new campaign against spying is the second of its kind that Hamas launches. Shahwan said that in 2010, about 30 collaborators handed themselves over to his ministry.
- 22/05/2015 IS militants seize control of last Syrian border point with Iraq
- 22/05/2015 Iran says not to give up security confidentiality for nuclear deal
- 21/05/2015 Iraq forces break oil refinery siege, liberate soldiers
- 21/05/2015 Fresh Saudi air raids leave 14 people dead in Yemen
- 21/05/2015 Islamic State seizes ancient Palmyra city from Syrian forces
- 21/05/2015 Netanyahu stresses support for 2-state solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- 20/05/2015 Iran's Khamenei rules out interviews with nuclear scientists
- 20/05/2015 North Korea modified submarine missile launch photos, says U.S. official
- 20/05/2015 Train rams into tractor at unmanned railroad crossing in India, killing 10 and injuring 33
- 20/05/2015 Vacuum bombs kill 20 in Syria
- 20/05/2015 China, Brazil, unveil multibillion trade, investment deals
- 20/05/2015 With nuclear deal in sight, Iran drives harder bargain in Indian trade talks
- 20/05/2015 UN Security Council condemns attack on Russia’s embassy in Damascus as terrorist act
- 20/05/2015 Western governments made strategic mistake by sanctions - Larijani
- 20/05/2015 Russia deputy foreign minister, Saudi ambassador discuss settlement of Yemeni conflict
- 20/05/2015 Rebels seize key regime base in Syria's Idlib
- 20/05/2015 Bomb outside Afghan Justice Ministry kills five, wounds dozens
- 20/05/2015 Turkey to send four-ton aid supplies to quake-hit Nepal
- 19/05/2015 5 dead, 6 unaccounted for as heavy rain lashes SW China
- 18/05/2015 Syrian insurgents battle army around military base in Idlib
- 18/05/2015 Suicide attack, gun shots kill 2, wound 7 in S. Afghanistan
- 18/05/2015 Saudi-led air strikes hit Yemen after truce expires
- 18/05/2015 Shi'ite forces move in on Iraqi city taken by Islamic State
- 17/05/2015 Strong aftershock hits Nepal, near Kathmandu: USGS
- 17/05/2015 Pakistani forces kill 4 militants, detain 6 in Karachi
- 17/05/2015 Thousands of Renault workers strike in Turkey
- 17/05/2015 ISIL seizes northern part of Syria’s ancient city of Palmyra
- 16/05/2015 8 bodies recovered from U.S. helicopter crash site; pilot identified
- 16/05/2015 Turkish president condemns Egypt over Morsi death sentence
- 16/05/2015 Afghanistan: Security forces kill 138 suspected Taliban
- 16/05/2015 Erdogan asks why 'West remains silent' on Morsi verdict
- 16/05/2015 Turkey shoots down Syrian aircraft over airplace violation
- 16/05/2015 Strong under-earth quake jolts Bengkulu, Indonesia
- 16/05/2015 Iran prepared for all scenarios in nuclear talks: negotiator
- 15/05/2015 Fighting continues in Yemeni city despite truce, 10 killed
- 15/05/2015 Wreckage of missing U.S. helicopter found in Nepal; no survivors
- 15/05/2015 First president of BRICS Bank to take office in 10 days — India’s deputy finance minister
- 15/05/2015 15 injured in blast in northern Gaza
- 15/05/2015 No access beyond Additional Protocol - senior nuclear negotiator
- 14/05/2015 Five Iranian boats fire shots in the Persian Gulf