Islam Shahwan, a Hamas Interior Ministry spokesman, said the campaign promised amnesty for collaborators who surrender willingly.
In its second part, the campaign involves public programs to raise awareness against aiding Israel with information, he said.
In 2007, Hamas took over Gaza after routing security forces loyal to President Mahmoud Abbas of the rival Fatah movement. Since then, Hamas prides itself on "cleaning" the coastal enclave from Israel's eyes.
But in subsequent waves of cross-border fighting with Israel, Israeli airplanes identified and hit several Hamas targets, including senior military and political leaders who used to move in disguise and secretly, such as Interior Minister Said Siam and Hamas' military chief Ahmed al-Jaabari.
Hamas blames the collaborators for helping Israel allocating its bank of targets. During the eight-day clash between Hamas and Israel in November 2012, which was sparked after the killing of al- Jaabari, Hamas executed seven collaborators in the streets, some of them summarily, in addition to 14 others who were executed after complete trials over the past three years.
The new campaign against spying is the second of its kind that Hamas launches. Shahwan said that in 2010, about 30 collaborators handed themselves over to his ministry.
- 02/09/2014 US aid arrives in Kurdish Iraq
- 02/09/2014 11 arrested for producing toxic capsules in E. China
- 02/09/2014 UN chief welcomes lifting of siege of Iraqi town
- 02/09/2014 11 dead, 27 missing in SW China rainstorms
- 02/09/2014 8 dead, 24 missing in SW China rainstorms
- 02/09/2014 Turkey denies claims on Mosul staff captured by IS
- 02/09/2014 US Mideast failures prompt new Iran sanctions: MP
- 02/09/2014 Iranian FM hopes nuclear issue can be resolved by November 24
- 02/09/2014 H5N6 bird flu reported in NE China
- 02/09/2014 Storm alert raised for north China
- 01/09/2014 US drone attack leaves 3 dead in Afghanistan
- 01/09/2014 15 more injured as clashes restart in Pakistan's Islamabad
- 31/08/2014 Security Council demands "immediate, unconditional release" of detained UN peacekeepers in Golan Heights
- 31/08/2014 8 killed, 308 injured in clashes in Pakistan's protest
- 31/08/2014 Houthi fighters kill 10 pro-govt. militants in Yemen
- 30/08/2014 32 militants killed in NW Pakistan's air strike
- 30/08/2014 Islamist gains in Syria alarm some Assad allies
- 30/08/2014 India, Pakistan border guards hold 2nd flag meeting in Kashmir
- 29/08/2014 Iraqi forces kill several ISIL terrorists near Baghdad
- 29/08/2014 Abbas seeks immediate int'l recognition of Palestinian state
- 29/08/2014 Israeli police find body in search for missing U.S. student
- 29/08/2014 IS executes scores of Syrian troops in new atrocity
- 28/08/2014 43 UN peacekeepers detained by "armed elements" in Golan Heights: spokesman
- 28/08/2014 Islamic State executes more than 160 Syria troops: monitor
- 28/08/2014 Yemeni president warns Houthi protesters
- 28/08/2014 Radical militants seize Syria crossing near Israel: activists
- 27/08/2014 Nuclear chief: Iran ready to launch new generation of centrifuges
- 27/08/2014 Malaysia police arrest Nepalese workers over rioting
- 27/08/2014 Pakistani opposition party stops talks with gov't
- 26/08/2014 DPRK denounces U.S. over Ferguson shooting
- 26/08/2014 ISIS Demands $6.6M Ransom for 26-Year-Old American Woman
- 26/08/2014 Palestinians accept Egypt’s proposal to conclude 30-day truce
- 26/08/2014 Israeli aircrafts strike Palestinian parliament building
- 26/08/2014 3 Chinese workers missing in Turkey: Chinese embassy
- 26/08/2014 Two car bombs kill at least 11 in mainly Shi'ite part of Baghdad
- 26/08/2014 Iraq premier-designate: militias must follow state
- 25/08/2014 Iraqi crisis: Suicide blast targets Baghdad Shia mosque
- 25/08/2014 Iranian Foreign Minister: “ISIL is a threat against international security”
- 25/08/2014 Iran to give response to recent aggression made by Israeli spy drone
- 24/08/2014 Iran says no need for UN to revisit military site