Azerbaijan`s first telecommunications satellite launched to orbit - VIDEO
Azerspace-1 manufactured by the US-based Orbital Sciences Corporation on a flight-proven GEO Star-2 platform and launched by the highly reliable Ariane-5 launch vehicle of the French Arianespace.
With an anticipated service life of 15 years, Azerspace/Africasat-1a is based on Orbital's flight-proven GEOStar-2 platform. The hybrid C- and Ku-band satellite will generate approximately five kilowatts of payload power and carry 36 active transponders, providing communications services to Azerbaijan, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Central Asia.
Azerspace/Africasat-1a will operate from an orbital location at 46 degrees East longitude through an arrangement between Azercosmos and MEASAT Satellite Systems of Malaysia, which owns the rights to the orbital slot.
Some 20% of satellite with the weight of 3.2 tons will be used to meet Azerbaijan’s demand, other 80% - for commercial purposes. Conditional contracts for utilization of 40% of the satellite have already been signed.
Related news releases
- 26.11.2015Problem in border checkpoint with Russia solved
- 25.11.2015Ramin Guluzade appointed as first Deputy Minister of Communication and High Technologies - UPDATED
- 24.11.2015Azerbaijan reduces car import from Georgia 5 times
- 23.11.2015Route of Baku Bus No.88 route changed
- 20.11.2015Iltimas Mammadov: "The process of moving equipment of "Delta-Telekom" will be fully completed tonight"
- 20.11.2015Flights from Istanbul to Baku and Ganja suspended
- 20.11.2015State Customs Committee says no problem in border checkpoints with Russia
- 19.11.2015Azerbaijan reduces natural gas and energy export
- 19.11.2015AZAL: Baku-Ganja flights will not be suspended
- 18.11.2015Azerbaijan decreases car production by 60%
- 17.11.2015Over 1.5 mln passengers transported via air transport
- 17.11.2015Passenger and cargo transportations via railway transport decline 20%
- 17.11.201596% of passengers used bus services during ten months
- 17.11.2015Azerbaijan gets AZN 730 mln from mobile phone communication this year
- 17.11.2015Baku Metro carries 183 mln passengers in January-October
- 17.11.2015Ministry: Completion works on elimination of after-effects of problems occurred in Delta-Telekom are underway
- 17.11.2015Internet access restored in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2015Delta Telecom: “Data Center caught fire”
- 17.11.2015Iltimas Mammadov: “Regions have connected to internet, and Baku is being connected"
- 16.11.2015ASALA hacks AMF’s website
- 13.11.2015Bakcell starts new partnership with Digiturk
- 13.11.2015Azerbaijan increases export of non-oil products 6%
- 13.11.2015Non-oil sector increases 10% in ten months of 2015
- 13.11.2015State Customs Committee set to apply new declaration norms for entrepreneurs
- 12.11.2015Cargo and passenger transportation increase in TRACECA’s Azerbaijan segment
- 11.11.2015Nar launches new campaign
- 06.11.2015Russia bans exploitation of Boeing-737 aircrafts
- 06.11.2015Baku-New-York flights to be implemented by Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner
- 05.11.2015Azerbaijani president awards Baku Metro employees
- 05.11.2015Azerbaijani presidents allocates AZN 3M for road construction
- 04.11.2015President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of newly-reconstructed highway in Shaki
- 04.11.2015President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of highway after reconstruction in Zagatala
- 03.11.2015Azercell’s two social projects received prestigious award
- 29.10.2015Azerbaijani President: "In terms of economic development, we have no equal in the world"
- 28.10.2015Ilgar Alekberov: Negotiations with low cost airlines refused flying to Azerbaijan may be resumed
- 28.10.2015Prices announced of Budapest-Baku-Budapest flight
- 28.10.2015President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Jeyranbatan ultra-filtration water purification facility complex
- 28.10.2015Wizz Air to resume flights to Baku from March
- 24.10.2015Ali Abbasov: Tender to prepare Azerbaijan’s third satellite comes to end
- 23.10.2015New head appointed to Balaken Customs Department