"Azerbaijani-Russian relations depend not only on the rent of Gabala radar station", Rasim Musabeyov
Moscow. Farid Akbarov-APA. "Azerbaijani-Russian relations depend not only on the rent of Gabala Radar Station," said Member of Parliament Rasim Musabayov in an interview with APA’s Moscow bureau. According to him, the two countries have established close cooperation in various fields, "I think this cooperation will continue at the same level."
R.Musabayov said that during the talks the Russian side should explain the importance of the Gabala RS for its security and the contribution to Azerbaijan's security: "However, Russia did not. They said that we need the Gabala RS and you give it to us for the amount that suits us! This expectation of Russia doesn’t meet bilateral relations. In fact, from the point of view of security, Russia is not so in need of this station. Russia would only show their presence in Azerbaijan. This does not correspond to the interests of Azerbaijan.
Russia's decision on suspension of exploitation should be treated calmly. Russia faced with a similar problem in Ukraine, handing over radar stations there. But it does not mean that Russia and Ukraine have become enemies”.
Azerbaijani-Russian relations are built on the basis of bilateral interests and should continue. "
Related news releases
- 30.05.2016Ziyafet Askerov: Deputy Secretary General of NATO said Azerbaijan’s borders cannot be changed anyway
- 30.05.2016Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Minister meets with Afghan National Security Advisor
- 30.05.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives Afghan National Security Advisor
- 30.05.2016Republic Day of Azerbaijan marked in Argentine
- 30.05.2016Azerbaijani FM leaves for Brussels to attend Azerbaijan-NATO meeting and meet with co-chairs
- 30.05.2016Ambassador: Today, Russia needs support like never before
- 28.05.2016UN secretary-general congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 28.05.2016Turkey urges end to Armenian military aggression against Azerbaijan – top official
- 28.05.2016The territorial integrity of Azerbaijan cannot be subject to negotiations - Polad Bulbuloglu.
- 27.05.2016Bulgarian Parliament: "Our MPs did not pay a visit to Armenia"
- 27.05.2016President Ilham Aliyev received Mayor of Cannes
- 27.05.2016Poroshenko: Ukraine stance on Karabakh conflict settlement ‘consistent and resolute’
- 27.05.2016New Turkish PM to visit Azerbaijan on June 3 - UPDATED
- 27.05.2016Azerbaijani President receives OSCE PA Special Representative on South Caucasus
- 27.05.2016Azerbaijani FM receives OSCE PA Special Representative on South Caucasus
- 27.05.2016Heads of several states congratulate Azerbaijan’s president on Republic Day
- 27.05.2016Director-General of UNESCO congratulates Azerbaijani president on National Holiday
- 27.05.2016Israeli PM expected to visit Azerbaijan in 2016
- 27.05.2016US to continue working with Azerbaijan toward Karabakh conflict resolution – Obama
- 27.05.2016Russia, Azerbaijan made sharp turn in their policies over oil prices fall: ambassador
- 27.05.2016Russia's ties with Azerbaijan, Armenia developed differently throughout history, says ambassador
- 27.05.2016British PM’s trade envoy due in Azerbaijan
- 27.05.2016Tension with Turkey doesn’t negatively affect Russia’s relations with Azerbaijan – ambassador
- 27.05.2016OSCE PA special representative arrives in Azerbaijan
- 27.05.2016Spanish MP Jordi Xucla to lead PACE observation mission in re-run parliamentary election in Azerbaijan
- 27.05.2016Azerbaijani embassy in Russia responds to Armenian FM’s remarks
- 27.05.2016Malena Mard: Since gaining independence, Azerbaijan received €580M support from EU
- 27.05.2016May 28 proclaimed as Azerbaijan National Day in some cities of California
- 26.05.2016PACE to send observers for new election on Aghdash constituency
- 26.05.2016US general: Azerbaijan shows great interest in security and stability
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijani president receives chairman of Italian Senate’s European Policies Committee
- 26.05.2016Baku to blacklist Bulgarian MPs for making illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 26.05.2016Turkish president congratulates Azerbaijani counterpart
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijani president receives chairman of Turkey`s Constitutional Court
- 26.05.2016French Foreign Ministry issues statement on release of Khadija Ismayilova
- 26.05.2016Germany, UK welcome release of Khadija Ismayilova
- 26.05.2016EU welcomes Azerbaijani court's decision to release Khadija Ismayilova
- 25.05.2016President of Tajikistan congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2016President of Chile congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2016Hollande: France to continue efforts for Karabakh conflict settlement