Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
- 07/07/2015 Russian bomber crashes in Pacific region, both pilots killed
- 06/07/2015 Ultimatum Put Forward by Armenian Protesters Expires
- 06/07/2015 Police used violence while dispersing Yerevan rally, 50 protesters detained
- 06/07/2015 Police unblock Bagramian avenue in Yerevan
- 05/07/2015 Two gunmen involved in terrorist plots destroyed in Dagestan
- 04/07/2015 Putin tells Obama he wants dialogue based on equality and respect
- 02/07/2015 Armenia’s PSRC considers Inter RAO’s statement to be groundless
- 02/07/2015 Ukraine's health minister writes resignation letter after Saakashvili’s criticism
- 01/07/2015 PM: No issue of nationalizing Armenia electricity company
- 01/07/2015 Russia halts gas supplies to Ukraine
- 01/07/2015 Russian delegation won’t be able attend session of OSCE Parliamentary Assembly
- 01/07/2015 Kremlin: Electricity price - interstate issue of Armenia
- 30/06/2015 Russia warns of response to Canada’s new sanctions
- 30/06/2015 Russia regards French president's idea of curtailing right of veto at UN Security Council as harmful - deputy FM
- 30/06/2015 Gazprom and Transneft included into extended sanction list — Canada’s Foreign Ministry
- 29/06/2015 18 injured after passenger bus crashes in Russia
- 29/06/2015 Protests in Armenia - call of population who are fed up with corrupt regime: Russian political analyst
- 29/06/2015 Putin: Nations must unite to fight IS militants
- 29/06/2015 Media: “Electric Networks of Armenia” can be sold
- 29/06/2015 Public figures forms "human shield" between protesters and police in Yerevan
- 28/06/2015 Protestors urge Yerevan Deputy Chief of Police to refrain from hindering protest
- 27/06/2015 Armenian activists do not accept president's offer
- 27/06/2015 Iran should finally reject nuclear weapons programme - French foreign minister
- 26/06/2015 Dmitry Peskov: Russian, US Presidents don’t see alternative to dialogue
- 26/06/2015 Russian Ex-Foreign Minister Yevgeny Primakov dies
- 26/06/2015 UN urges Armenian authorities to ensure protesters rights in Yerevan
- 26/06/2015 Poroshenko signed a law allowing the presence of foreign armed forces in the country
- 26/06/2015 Armenia protesters put forward three demands to government
- 26/06/2015 US Department of State: Corruption and the opacity of authorities - the main problems of Armenia
- 25/06/2015 Protest rally against rise in energy tariffs continues in Yerevan despite rain
- 25/06/2015 Russian extends counter-sanctions against EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia and Norway
- 25/06/2015 Russia has no aggressive plans, but army’s consistent development will continue — Putin
- 24/06/2015 Armenia’s unrest bears signs of ‘colorful revolution’
- 24/06/2015 Armenian government not to reduce energy tariffs despite protests
- 24/06/2015 Deputy chief of Armenian police: White arms found in demonstrators’ possession
- 24/06/2015 The US and Britain are concerned about the use of force at a rally in Yerevan
- 24/06/2015 Armenian protesters refuse to meet president, continue ‘Electric Yerevan’ sit-in
- 24/06/2015 Russia says will not initiate ‘reset’ of relations with US
- 23/06/2015 Armenia activists moving toward president's residence
- 23/06/2015 AP: Protest against electricity price hike is the most serious unrest Armenia has seen in years