Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
- 24/04/2014 Ukraine, Slovakia to sign deal on reverse gas supply April 28
- 24/04/2014 Ukraine’s energy minister says it is too early for three-party ministerial gas talks
- 24/04/2014 US vice consul in Yekaterinburg and 5 American musicians detained in Sverdlovsk region
- 24/04/2014 Putin: “Use of army in Slavyansk is a crime against Ukrainian people” - UPDATED
- 24/04/2014 CSTO suspends contacts with NATO due to Ukraine crisis
- 24/04/2014 Ukrainian power structures launch antiterrorist operation in Slavyansk, 6 separatists killed - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/04/2014 Gunmen attack self-defense forces in eastern Ukraine
- 24/04/2014 Russian social media CEO quits, flees country
- 24/04/2014 Russia promises to strike back if attacked
- 23/04/2014 Russia accuses US of 'running the show' in Ukraine
- 23/04/2014 Russia's Putin wants beefed-up presence in Arctic
- 23/04/2014 Russia to expel first secretary of Canadian embassy in 14 days
- 23/04/2014 Ukraine president demands action in east after politician killed
- 22/04/2014 Russia bans Tatar leader from Crimea
- 22/04/2014 Russia forms commission to drive Crimea's development
- 22/04/2014 Turchynov demands to resume special raid in eastern Ukraine
- 22/04/2014 Russian Finance Ministry sees risk of technical recession in Q2
- 22/04/2014 Kiev Withheld Gas to Crimean Villages
- 21/04/2014 Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender
- 21/04/2014 Putin signs law to ease Russian citizenship for former USSR residents
- 21/04/2014 Vladimir Putin wants to destroy independent Ukraine: Oleksandr Turchynov
- 21/04/2014 U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden to visit Ukraine today
- 19/04/2014 Russia hails ties with future NATO chief
- 19/04/2014 Train derails in northern Kazakhstan, several people injured
- 19/04/2014 Putin: "No obstacles to normalizing Russian-West relations"
- 19/04/2014 Diplomacy doesn't move insurgents in Ukraine
- 19/04/2014 East Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal
- 18/04/2014 SBU puts on wanted list Yanukovych's son Oleksandr
- 18/04/2014 Ukraine asks ICC to investigate alleged crimes in late 2013-early 2014
- 18/04/2014 Yatsenyuk: Ukraine to fulfill all provisions of Geneva deals
- 18/04/2014 Ukraine-EU free trade zone can start working from November 1 — EU envoy
- 17/04/2014 Lavrov: Russia does not intend to send troops to Ukraine
- 17/04/2014 Russia tries to aggravate situation in Ukraine — Yatsenyuk
- 17/04/2014 Putin: "First I have to see my ex-wife Lyudmila Alexandrovna married, and only then think about myself"
- 17/04/2014 Putin says Russia not afraid of NATO expansion
- 17/04/2014 Russian President to sign decree on rehabilitation of Crimean Tatars
- 17/04/2014 Putin: “The people of Transnistria should be allowed to decide their fate themselves”
- 17/04/2014 Putin says Ukraine risks abyss, dialogue only solution
- 17/04/2014 Russia criticizes US for denying entry visa to Iran’s new ambassador to UN
- 17/04/2014 Russia mulls lawsuit against U.S. in WTO over sanctions