Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
- 22/09/2014 Iran’s President to visit Armenia
- 22/09/2014 Astrakhan to host 4th Caspian Summit
- 22/09/2014 Russia makes proposals during talks between P5+1 group and Tehran
- 21/09/2014 Several injured, as bus with 34 children skids off road in north-western Russia
- 21/09/2014 Medvedev: Europe will pay for sanctions against Russia
- 20/09/2014 Contact Group on Ukraine coordinates roadmap for implementing September 5 peace protocol
- 19/09/2014 Russia prepares to appeal to WTO to argue Western sanctions — Medvedev
- 19/09/2014 Russia won’t seek ‘invitation’ to coalition fighting IS – official
- 18/09/2014 Three civilians killed in eastern Ukraine
- 18/09/2014 Lavrov: No one will allow Ukraine to give up its nuclear-free status
- 18/09/2014 Ukraine PM tells army to be on full battle alert despite ceasefire
- 18/09/2014 Africa conflicts must be settled under the auspices of African Union - Lavrov
- 18/09/2014 Russia is not completely confident Iran, P5+1 can work out agreement by November 24
- 17/09/2014 Tycoon's arrest sends shock wave through Russia
- 17/09/2014 Russia, Egypt seal preliminary arms deal worth $3.5 billion
- 17/09/2014 Adviser to Ukrainian President: Fight against armed groups to continue in Donbass
- 17/09/2014 Chairman of European Committee for Prevention of Torture Latif Huseynov conducts monitoring in Ukraine
- 16/09/2014 Russia's defense minister says sending extra troops to Crimea a priority
- 16/09/2014 US policies pushing world towards “new cold war”, Duma Speaker
- 16/09/2014 Ukraine, EU ratify association agreement
- 16/09/2014 EU sanctions limit opportunities for dialogue: Moscow
- 15/09/2014 Oldest descendant of Romanov royal dynasty dies
- 15/09/2014 Medvedev: Western sanctions test Russia for durability
- 14/09/2014 Earthquake hits Iran
- 14/09/2014 NATO expansion to Russian borders unacceptable: Lavrov
- 13/09/2014 Ukrainian PM: NATO Not Ready to Accept Ukraine in Near Future
- 13/09/2014 Russia may restrict import of petrochemical, engineering products from US, EU - minister
- 13/09/2014 Russia to strike back at U.S. sanctions while leaving door open for dialogue
- 13/09/2014 U.S. steps up sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- 13/09/2014 Ukraine's leader sees no military solution of crisis, vows reforms
- 12/09/2014 Conflict in eastern Ukraine causes 911 mln USD losses: deputy PM
- 12/09/2014 New anti-Russian sanctions will not be left without proper reaction from Moscow - FM
- 12/09/2014 UN chief urges Poroshenko to continue dialogue with Russia, keep truce
- 11/09/2014 Sanctions against Russia strategic error - deputy PM
- 11/09/2014 Russian provider of air traffic services suspends air navigation services for Air Armenia airline
- 11/09/2014 Ukraine says Russia withdrawing forces from east, sees boost for peace
- 11/09/2014 Bus crashes into tree in Shemakhi: 2 killed, 13 injured
- 11/09/2014 Ukraine says cease-fire "effective"
- 11/09/2014 Putin promises new weapons to fend Western threats
- 10/09/2014 Poroshenko pledges autonomy for east Ukraine