‘Pregnant’ Boy Sues Kazakh Medics for $300
Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
Related news releases
- 31.05.2016Russian FM: Turkey obliged to apologize and compensate for losses
- 31.05.2016Donbass to not accept int’l forces in region
- 31.05.2016Gas in Armenia to become 6% cheaper as of July 1
- 31.05.2016Top military officials arrested in Armenia
- 30.05.2016Russian NATO envoy says Black Sea will never be "NATO’s lake"
- 28.05.2016Putin says Romania, Poland may now be in Russia's cross-hairs
- 27.05.2016Savchenko: I could run for president if Ukrainians want it
- 27.05.2016Russia, US to create alliance to bring Russian fuel to US market
- 27.05.2016Russia forces kill 5 ISIL militants in North Caucasus
- 25.05.2016Poroshenko congratulates Savchenko on return to Ukraine
- 25.05.2016Savchenko makes first speech upon return to Ukraine
- 25.05.2016Russia frees Ukraine pilot Savchenko in prisoner swap
- 25.05.2016Plane carrying Savchenko departs to Kiev - UPDATED
- 25.05.2016Almost 3,000 Russians left country to join terrorist groups
- 25.05.2016Food, uniforms intended for Armenian army on sale in Poland
- 25.05.2016Poverty deepening in Armenia
- 25.05.2016Ticket sales from Russia to Azerbaijan increased by 90 percent
- 25.05.2016Five gunmen supporting IS detained in North Caucasus — ministry
- 24.05.2016Russia ready to set up broad anti-terrorist front
- 24.05.2016Russian Defense Ministry summons US Embassy attache over spotted reconnaissance plane
- 24.05.2016Russia calls for 'regime of calm' in Syria's Eastern Ghouta and Daraya
- 23.05.2016Russia blasts NATO for Cold War mentality
- 23.05.2016Armenian president dismisses another general of Armed Forces
- 21.05.2016IS cell members detained in Russia’s Ingushetia
- 20.05.2016Russia proposes joint airstrikes on Syria rebels with U.S.-led coalition
- 19.05.2016Russia's FSB chief says terrorist attack may be behind EgyptAir flight crash
- 19.05.2016Gunman shot dead after taking 6 hostage in Moscow bank
- 18.05.2016Kiev refuses to pay for Russian gas sent to Donbass
- 17.05.2016Mass brawl erupts between Chechen and Dagestani wrestlers in Russia
- 15.05.2016Russia retains right to respond to U.S. missile defense deployment in Europe - ministry
- 15.05.2016Militants kill two police in Russia's Dagestan, Islamic State claims responsibility
- 14.05.2016Mass brawl occurred at cemetery, MoscowMass brawl occurred at cemetery, Moscow - UPDATED
- 14.05.2016Helicopter crashes into lake in Russia
- 14.05.2016News Feed Magnitude 4.9 earthquake registered on Dagestan-Chechnya border
- 14.05.2016Russia will act to neutralize U.S. missile shield threat: Putin
- 13.05.2016Kyrgyzstan detains former officials on suspicion of trying to seize power
- 12.05.2016Russia to ban imports of lemon from Turkey
- 12.05.2016Ukraine's auto production drops 27.5 pct
- 12.05.2016Russia says U.S. partners in Europe not threatened by Iranian missiles
- 12.05.2016Russian weapons performed well in Syria but more improvement needed: Putin