Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
- 24/01/2015 Ukrainian Defence Ministry makes public statistics of Donbass battle on January 17-22
- 24/01/2015 Adviser to President of Ukraine informs about latest fight in Donetsk airport and releases photos - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/01/2015 10 civilians killed in Grad shelling of Ukraine’s Mariupol
- 24/01/2015 Russia threatens to suspend contacts with PACE
- 24/01/2015 Pro-Russian rebels reject peace deal, launch new offensive
- 24/01/2015 Putin blames Ukraine's 'criminal orders' for new fighting
- 24/01/2015 Fighting in east Ukraine leaves thousands without power
- 24/01/2015 Moldova to form minority coalition government
- 23/01/2015 Dozens killed in eastern Ukraine as fighting rages
- 23/01/2015 Putin: Authorities giving criminal orders are to blame for deaths of people in Donbas
- 23/01/2015 Yerevan residents to organize protest march to demand Russian serviceman’s transfer to Armenia
- 22/01/2015 Russian deputies to visit Armenia’s Gyumri
- 22/01/2015 Ukraine again declines Russia’s federalization call
- 22/01/2015 Mortar shell strikes tram stop in Donetsk leaving 13 dead
- 22/01/2015 Kiev warns Russia of losing Ukrainian gas market
- 21/01/2015 Russia hits back at Obama over State of Union speech
- 21/01/2015 Poroshenko: Another 2,000 Russian troops enter Ukraine
- 21/01/2015 Lavrov: Russia ready to cooperate with NATO in case of equal dialogue between partners
- 21/01/2015 Sergei Lavrov: We see attempts to politicize Gyumri incident
- 21/01/2015 Lavrov calls for direct dialogue between Kiev and Donbas
- 21/01/2015 US unable to solve any problem alone – Russian FM
- 21/01/2015 Moody’s downgrades 8 Russian non-financial corporates
- 20/01/2015 6 killed in Kazakh light plane crash
- 20/01/2015 Adviser to Ukraine's Interior Minister: “300 separatists have been killed in a week in the east of Ukraine”
- 20/01/2015 Russia, Iran sign military cooperation deal
- 20/01/2015 Reason inciting Russian serviceman to murder seven members of one family in Gyumry disclosed
- 20/01/2015 14 killed, over 100 wounded in fighting in east Ukraine
- 19/01/2015 6-month-old baby wounded by Russian soldier in Gyumri dies
- 19/01/2015 Ukrainian Interior Ministry initiates criminal case against Donetsk People’s Republic leaders
- 19/01/2015 Russian Investigative Committee chairman to visit Yerevan
- 18/01/2015 Russia mine explosion kills 2, injures several: Officials
- 17/01/2015 $151 billion fled Russia in 2014
- 16/01/2015 Serzh Sargsyan refused Erdogan’s invitation
- 16/01/2015 Fake dollars thrown onto National Bank Chief in Ukraine’s Verkhovna Rada
- 16/01/2015 Poroshenko announces troops regrouping in Donbas
- 16/01/2015 Ukrainian President proposes cancellation of inviolability of judges and deputies
- 16/01/2015 Churkin missing chance to start dialogue btw Syrian govt, opposition unpardonable mistake
- 15/01/2015 12 people injured in Gyumri clashes - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 15/01/2015 Gyumri protest: Situation tense, one protester detained
- 15/01/2015 Alexander Turchynov: Continental war may begin in case of large-scale Russian attack