Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
- 27/02/2015 Barbiturate detected in blood of Kazakh president’s former son-in-law
- 27/02/2015 Sergei Lavrov: Washington fails 'to slap together' global anti-Russian coalition
- 27/02/2015 Kazakhstan's border guards detain 4 Azerbaijani citizens engaged in illegal fishing in Caspian Sea
- 26/02/2015 Ukraine begins pulling back heavy weaponry from contact line
- 26/02/2015 Russian FM says Ukraine 'ridiculous' for expecting full cease-fire observance
- 26/02/2015 Naftogaz Ukrainy accuses Gazprom of slashing gas deliveries to Ukraine
- 25/02/2015 Nazarbayev to decide on participation in Kazakhstan's early presidential elections
- 25/02/2015 Ukraine under pressure from currency fall, gas supply threat
- 25/02/2015 OSCE mission calls on parties in Ukraine to provide plans for weapons withdrawal
- 24/02/2015 Lavrov: It’s necessary to pull back heavy weaponry without waiting for full ceasefire
- 24/02/2015 UAE to sell arms, weaponry to Ukraine
- 24/02/2015 Kazakh president's former son-in-law dies in jail suicide
- 24/02/2015 Putin rules out apocalyptic war scenario in Ukraine
- 24/02/2015 UN: Death toll in Donbass reached 5800
- 24/02/2015 Russia proposes to strengthen chapter of UN Charter on right to self-determination of peoples
- 24/02/2015 Kiev says cannot withdraw heavy weapons as attacks persist
- 24/02/2015 Russia and US spar over global crises at UN meeting
- 24/02/2015 Horrific road accident kills 3 in Bilasuvar
- 23/02/2015 Two killed in light aircraft crash in S. Russia
- 22/02/2015 OSCE mission requests sides in Ukraine conflict to provide data on heavy weapons
- 21/02/2015 Ukraine closes 23 checkpoints on the border with Russia
- 21/02/2015 Ukraine must pay for Russian gas sent to rebel areas: Medvedev
- 21/02/2015 Decline in Ebola cases flattens, raising UN concern
- 21/02/2015 Kiev accuses Russia of sending more tanks to east Ukraine
- 20/02/2015 Putin says Russia's military strength unmatchable
- 20/02/2015 OSCE: truce in east Ukraine observed nearly everywhere except for Debaltsevo
- 20/02/2015 Russia launches gas supplies to southeastern Ukraine
- 20/02/2015 Three children injured in household gas blast in Russian Urals region
- 19/02/2015 Poroshenko calls for international peacekeepers to be deployed in Ukraine
- 19/02/2015 Ukrainian Defense Ministry: At least 90 servicemen taken captive in Debaltsevo
- 19/02/2015 Ukrainian, Russian, French, German leaders talk on phone again
- 19/02/2015 Two armed men attack bank in Moscow
- 19/02/2015 22 Ukrainian soldiers killed, 150 wounded despite ceasefire
- 18/02/2015 Ukrainian forces quit besieged town after rebel assault
- 18/02/2015 Russian, US foreign policy leaders discuss Debaltsevo crisis
- 18/02/2015 Debaltsevo another pretext for US to impose new sanctions on Russia – FM
- 18/02/2015 Moscow to respond to Canadian sanctions against Russia – Lukashevich
- 18/02/2015 Russia will take appropriate actions, if NATO tries to drug Georgia into Alliance – Lavrov
- 18/02/2015 Victoria Nuland visits so-called ‘Armenian genocide’ memorial - PHOTO
- 18/02/2015 Poroshenko: Russia demanded our soldier wave ‘white flag’, but disgraced