Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
- 19/04/2014 Diplomacy doesn't move insurgents in Ukraine
- 19/04/2014 East Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal
- 18/04/2014 SBU puts on wanted list Yanukovych's son Oleksandr
- 18/04/2014 Ukraine asks ICC to investigate alleged crimes in late 2013-early 2014
- 18/04/2014 Yatsenyuk: Ukraine to fulfill all provisions of Geneva deals
- 18/04/2014 Ukraine-EU free trade zone can start working from November 1 — EU envoy
- 17/04/2014 Lavrov: Russia does not intend to send troops to Ukraine
- 17/04/2014 Russia tries to aggravate situation in Ukraine — Yatsenyuk
- 17/04/2014 Putin: "First I have to see my ex-wife Lyudmila Alexandrovna married, and only then think about myself"
- 17/04/2014 Putin says Russia not afraid of NATO expansion
- 17/04/2014 Russian President to sign decree on rehabilitation of Crimean Tatars
- 17/04/2014 Putin: “The people of Transnistria should be allowed to decide their fate themselves”
- 17/04/2014 Putin says Ukraine risks abyss, dialogue only solution
- 17/04/2014 Russia criticizes US for denying entry visa to Iran’s new ambassador to UN
- 17/04/2014 Russia mulls lawsuit against U.S. in WTO over sanctions
- 16/04/2014 Pro-Russia separatists take armor, humiliating Ukraine forces
- 16/04/2014 Russia tests Obama's ability to stop its advances
- 16/04/2014 Russia expects Vietnam to soon join Customs Union: Russian FM
- 16/04/2014 Ukraine targets Russian bank for 'financing terrorists'
- 16/04/2014 Four militants killed in Dagestan - Russian National Antiterrorism Committee
- 15/04/2014 Ukraine has restored control over airport in eastern Ukraine
- 15/04/2014 Ukraine declares Crimea "temporarily occupied territory"
- 15/04/2014 Ukraine pushes tanks toward flashpoint separatist city
- 15/04/2014 Ukrainian army launches operation against separatists in east, two injured
- 15/04/2014 Separatists ignore ultimatum, tighten grip on east Ukraine
- 15/04/2014 Separatist unrest spreads in Ukraine; ultimatum ends with no crackdown
- 15/04/2014 Putin to Obama: Use your influence to prevent bloodshed in Ukraine - UPDATED
- 14/04/2014 Anti-Kremlin protest draws thousands in Moscow
- 14/04/2014 Putin appoints Aksyonov acting governor of Crimea
- 14/04/2014 Turchynov heads the operational headquarters of the special operation in eastern Ukraine
- 14/04/2014 Yulia Tymoshenko: “War has actually been declared against Ukraine, we should stop them, otherwise they won’t stop”
- 14/04/2014 APA Holding launches new project
- 14/04/2014 Turchynov doesn't exclude holding referendum about federalization of Ukraine
- 13/04/2014 Ukrainian Security Council discussing imposing state of emergency in country’s east
- 13/04/2014 Ukrainian Interior Ministry confirms resignation of Donetsk region police chief
- 12/04/2014 Ukraine's acting president convenes Security Council over unrests in southeast
- 12/04/2014 Putin pledges to fulfil Europe gas obligations
- 12/04/2014 RF finance minister: Ukraine is to conduct reform to have extra aid from RF
- 12/04/2014 Russian ministries set to return Scythian gold collection back to Crimean museums
- 12/04/2014 Ukrainian PM pledges more powers for regions