Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
- 22/11/2014 U.S. provides counter-mortar radar systems to Ukraine
- 22/11/2014 Head of Ukraine's Security Service proposes to ban Communist Party
- 21/11/2014 Five Ukrainian parties agree to form parliamentary coalition
- 21/11/2014 Ukraine accuses Russia of cross-border shelling
- 21/11/2014 Ashgabat hosting CIS Heads of Government Council meeting
- 21/11/2014 Five Ukrainian parties agree on position, sign coalition agreement
- 20/11/2014 Obama should have gotten 'Nobel War Prize' — Russian MP
- 20/11/2014 Lavrov: “World community should give rebuff to Islamic State, other extremist groups”
- 20/11/2014 Former PM of Kazakhstan under house arrest
- 19/11/2014 Fresh violence in eastern Ukraine leaves 5 dead
- 19/11/2014 Putin backs deeper ties with North Korea after meeting Kim envoy
- 19/11/2014 Ukrainian PM rules out direct talks with rebels
- 19/11/2014 Russia blasts Ukraine for payment freeze
- 19/11/2014 Russia to allocate $270m to Armenia for repair of Metsamor nuclear power plant
- 19/11/2014 Russia needs guarantees Ukraine will not join NATO – Peskov
- 19/11/2014 Opposition to hold large-scale rally in Yerevan on December 10
- 19/11/2014 Russia’s active ties with Asia not alternative to relations with West – Lavrov
- 19/11/2014 Russia, Germany need constant dialogue on Ukraine — Russia FM
- 18/11/2014 US wishes to subdue Russia, but no one will ever manage this — Putin
- 18/11/2014 Minsk, Moscow should adequately react to EU sanctions — Belarusian FM
- 18/11/2014 Isolated at G20, Putin shows he will do it his way in Ukraine
- 17/11/2014 Ukraine independent, free, sovereign state – Putin
- 16/11/2014 Police detain man with WWII mortar dummies in Moscow metro
- 16/11/2014 Russia defence ministry to airlift field hospital to Ebola-hit Guinea
- 15/11/2014 Sanctions against Russian banks to have negative impact on Germany - Putin
- 15/11/2014 Heavy casualties reported in eastern Ukraine fighting
- 15/11/2014 Ukraine plans to buy 2.5 billion cubic meters of natural gas from Russia under "winter deal"
- 15/11/2014 Putin sees G20 as beneficial format for cooperation
- 15/11/2014 Ukraine's PM says main task is to build army to stop Russia
- 14/11/2014 Russia accuses OSCE mission in Ukraine of presenting biased pictures
- 14/11/2014 CIS Executive Secretary: Ukraine's quitting CIS will primarily hit itself
- 14/11/2014 Iran, Russia to have long-term cooperation on nuclear power plants
- 13/11/2014 Dmitry Medvedev: Washington should take first step to improve Russia-US relations
- 13/11/2014 Russian bomber patrols to reach Gulf of Mexico
- 13/11/2014 Poroshenko calls for speeding up investigation into crimes against EuorMaidan protesters
- 12/11/2014 Ukraine redeploys troops, fearing new rebel offensive
- 12/11/2014 Russia to begin testing its Ebola drugs
- 11/11/2014 EU to discuss Ukraine support, Russia sanctions
- 11/11/2014 One dead, four injured in helicopter rough landing in southern Russia
- 11/11/2014 Russian, Syrian FMs to meet in Moscow