Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
- 31/07/2015 Russia to deliver updated S-300 missile system to Iran
- 30/07/2015 RBC journalist arrested on charges of “undermining the political situation” – RBC
- 30/07/2015 Russia's Putin says opposes MH17 tribunal ahead of U.N. vote
- 29/07/2015 Armenia energy protests to culminate in sit-in at president’s palace, activists say
- 29/07/2015 CIS Anti-Terrorist Center puts forward a number of initiatives to combat against IS
- 28/07/2015 Russia ready to sign agreement on 1st line of Turkish Stream within 1-2 weeks — minister
- 28/07/2015 “Stand up, Armenia” movement calls on citizens to join protest in center of Yerevan
- 28/07/2015 Leaders of Islamic world invited to mosque’s opening in Moscow
- 28/07/2015 Kazakhstan formally becomes new WTO member
- 27/07/2015 Mass protests continue in Armenia
- 25/07/2015 Yerevan botanical garden on fire
- 25/07/2015 Moscow: Tokyo’s reaction to Russian leaders’ plans to visit Kuril Islands incites tensions
- 24/07/2015 Armenia concerned over Russian offensive arms supplies to Azerbaijan – deputy defense minister
- 24/07/2015 IS militants planned series of terrorist attacks in Tajikistan in month of Ramadan – Interior Ministry
- 22/07/2015 Number of Azerbaijani migrants in Russia announced
- 22/07/2015 Armenian president’s spokesman attempts to recruit opposition party member journalist
- 22/07/2015 Death toll in Chechnya minibus crash climbs to 11
- 21/07/2015 Kyrgyzstan denounces 1993 cooperation agreement with US
- 21/07/2015 Tajikistan floods kill seven
- 20/07/2015 Six states willing to be aware of arbitration on Russia’s claim to EU
- 20/07/2015 President of the European Council visits so-called Armenian genocide monument in Yerevan
- 20/07/2015 Former Kyrgyz MP arrested for aiding IS militants
- 19/07/2015 US intelligence agencies followed Putin to 90th, - The Times
- 18/07/2015 Russian foreign ministry refutes whatever deals with U.S. for success of Iranian N talks
- 18/07/2015 U.S. threatens Russia
- 17/07/2015 Russian businessman Sterligov, illegally visited Nagorno Karabakh, charged with defamation
- 17/07/2015 Ukraine declares Russian diplomat persona non grata
- 16/07/2015 Lavrov: Iran’s deal expected to reduce regional tensions
- 15/07/2015 Chief of Omsk-based airborne training center arrested over barrack collapse incident
- 15/07/2015 Two Russian planes evacuate people wishing to leave war-torn Yemen
- 15/07/2015 8 killed, 18 wounded in renewed violence in eastern Ukraine
- 15/07/2015 “Stand up, Armenia” movement: Unless decision to increase electricity prices is canceled, we will continue our struggle
- 15/07/2015 Putin’s special representative: Moscow really wanted Baku to become SCO dialogue partner
- 15/07/2015 Minsk commends agreements on Iranian nuclear program — Belarusian foreign ministry
- 14/07/2015 Protestors block one of central streets in Yerevan
- 14/07/2015 Russian military jet crash leaves two pilots dead - UPDATED
- 14/07/2015 Lavrov comments on final deal between Iran and P5+1
- 14/07/2015 Putin welcomes Iranian nuclear deal
- 14/07/2015 Explosions in Lviv qualified as terrorist attacks – Interior Ministry
- 14/07/2015 Three killed in clash between police and militants in Russia