Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
- 19/04/2015 Russia to supply S-300s to Iran despite Israel’s objections - deputy defense minister
- 18/04/2015 Lukashenko will not go to Moscow on May 9 parade
- 17/04/2015 Kiev needs security guarantees from NATO - FM
- 17/04/2015 U.S. troops arrive in Lviv to train Ukrainian servicemen
- 17/04/2015 More remains of human bodies found at site of MH17 crash in Ukraine
- 17/04/2015 Vladimir Putin: “Vatican and Turkey will overcome the tension”
- 16/04/2015 Moscow should use anti-Russian sanctions to make economic advances — Putin
- 16/04/2015 Russia regards no country as its foe — Putin
- 16/04/2015 Russian President: “The U.S. doesn’t need allies, it needs vassals”
- 16/04/2015 Putin says Nemtsov killing 'tragic and shameful'
- 16/04/2015 No Russian troops in Ukraine – Putin
- 16/04/2015 Putin denies rumors on Poroshenko’s ‘take Donbas’ offer
- 16/04/2015 Putin: Russia's S-300 air defense system supplies to Iran no threat to Israel
- 16/04/2015 Putin: I don't expect sanctions to end 'anytime soon'
- 16/04/2015 Russian, Iranian companies discuss barter deal terms: minister
- 16/04/2015 Iran nuclear deal can be secured by UN Security Council resolution — Russian diplomat
- 15/04/2015 Azerbaijani MPs of Georgian Parliament oppose the announcement of a minute of silence to so called “Armenian genocide”
- 15/04/2015 Ukraine begins to buy gas from Shell
- 15/04/2015 Russian billionaire arrested in absentia in connection with Kazan trade center fire
- 14/04/2015 S-300 worry those who don’t rule out bombings of Iran — Russian legislator
- 14/04/2015 Violence escalates in east Ukraine ahead of talks
- 14/04/2015 Putin’s spokesman: "Russia’s S-300 missile systems’ supplies to Iran may begin any moment"
- 14/04/2015 Russia opens way to missile deliveries to Iran, starts oil-for-goods swap
- 13/04/2015 Putin lifts ban on delivery of S-300 missile systems to Iran
- 13/04/2015 Russian State Duma Speaker: US arrogance causes imbalance in global security
- 13/04/2015 Russian warships preparing for upcoming military exercises in Caspian Sea
- 13/04/2015 Explosions heard at burning munitions depot in Russia's Trans-Baikal Territory
- 13/04/2015 10 died, 483 injured in Khakassia fire
- 11/04/2015 Russia dismisses U.S. claim about fighter interception
- 11/04/2015 Normandy Four foreign ministers to discuss deployment of peacekeepers in Donbas
- 10/04/2015 Ukraine military, rebels accuse each other of increased attacks
- 10/04/2015 Armenian army’s combat losses increase
- 10/04/2015 Armenian Defense Ministry not obliged to finance soldiers’ treatment abroad: Spokesperson
- 10/04/2015 Shooting of protesters ordered by Yanukovich: Ukrainian prosecutor general
- 10/04/2015 Death toll in Dalny Vostok trawler wreckage grows to 57 - Emergencies Ministry
- 10/04/2015 Russia: Putin plans amnesty for 260,000 convicts
- 09/04/2015 PACE President on official visit to Armenia
- 09/04/2015 Ukrainian parliament adopts decision on disclosing NKVD, KGB archives
- 09/04/2015 Ukrainian parliament bans communist, Nazi symbols
- 09/04/2015 Mothers of dead Armenian soldiers hold another protest