‘Pregnant’ Boy Sues Kazakh Medics for $300
Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
Related news releases
- 07.02.2016Iran, India and Russia should take part in settlement of crisis in Afghanistan - Karzai
- 07.02.2016During a fire three children were killed in the Moscow
- 06.02.2016Medvedev: Abundant oil revenue era long gone
- 06.02.2016Russian MP says Syria should appeal to UN in case of Saudi’s land operation
- 05.02.2016United Russia Party’s 15th Congress kicks off in Moscow
- 05.02.2016Russian authorities raid state news agency TASS
- 04.02.2016Moscow says Russia-Turkey relations continue to deteriorate
- 04.02.2016Turkey provided no proof Russian planes violated Turkish border – diplomat
- 04.02.20162 dead, 1 wounded in Armenia village shootings
- 03.02.2016Compensation in the amount of AZN 12 mln. paid depositors of Bank of Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2016Passenger plane catches fire on takeoff at Domodedovo airport
- 03.02.2016Relations between Armenian president and vice-president become strained: Haykakan Zhamanak
- 03.02.2016Russia imposes entrance bans on five U.S. law enforcers — Russian Foreign Ministry
- 01.02.2016Ukraine's Poroshenko says sanctions against Russia must remain
- 01.02.2016Russia calls Turkey’s hysteria ‘a deliberate provocation’
- 01.02.2016Turkey blocks truck shipments from Russia through its territory
- 01.02.2016Armenia FM, OSCE ambassadors discuss Karabakh peace process
- 01.02.2016Putin reported on Erdogan’s desire to meet with him – Kremlin
- 31.01.20169 bodies found at Moscow’s burning factory, murder & arson suspected – reports
- 31.01.2016Russian Defense Ministry denies violation of Turkish birspace by Su-34
- 30.01.2016The Russian Defense Ministry-run Zvezda TV channel eliminated provocation against Azerbaijan
- 29.01.2016Nazarbayev: We have to get used to low oil prices
- 29.01.201634 diagnosed with swine flu in Russia’s Bashkortostan
- 29.01.2016Islamic bank to appear in Russia's Chechnya
- 29.01.2016The collector, who fired Azerbaijani businessman’s house in Ulyanovsk, was a former police officer
- 29.01.2016Azerbaijani businessman’s house fired in Ulyanovsk, 2-year-old child seriously injured
- 28.01.2016Moldova’s Civic Platform protesters to present plan of action on January 29
- 28.01.2016Lavrov: Approaches of Russia and Turkmenistan across Caspian sea are almost same
- 27.01.2016Putin grants Ukrainian publicist, anchor Russian citizenship
- 27.01.2016Swine flu kills three in Russia
- 27.01.2016Man, 24, shoots himself dead after killing parents in Moscow
- 27.01.2016Two injured in gunfight in Yerevan
- 27.01.2016Magnitude 5.2 Earthquake Occurs in Afghanistan, Near Border With Tajikistan
- 26.01.2016Russia says interested in visa-free regime with Georgia though diplomatic relations not restored
- 26.01.2016West continues taking non-constructive position against Russia, says FM
- 26.01.2016Russia says not interested in disintegration of EU
- 26.01.2016Several gunmen killed in counter-terrorism operation in Dagestan
- 26.01.2016Eighteen people die of flu in Ukrainian capital, says epidemiological service
- 25.01.2016Putin: Russia has no intention to interfere in Syria’s internal affairs
- 25.01.2016Kazakh Premier says ‘cheap’ oil era may last five to seven years