Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
- 22/10/2014 Ukrainian PM calls on citizens to save natural gas
- 22/10/2014 Lavrov: Ukrainian crisis result of Western attempt to shift Euro-Atlantic area's divide
- 22/10/2014 Ukraine ready to down pay for Russian gas under temporary agreement
- 21/10/2014 Ukrainian and Russian presidents had phone conversation
- 21/10/2014 Kyrgyzstan intends to join Eurasian Economic Union
- 21/10/2014 Total's CEO Christophe de Margerie dies in Moscow plane crash
- 18/10/2014 Russia and Ukraine gas agreement "close at hand"
- 18/10/2014 Putin calls participation in Asia-Europe Meeting useful
- 17/10/2014 Russia-Ukraine gas talks to continue — energy minister
- 16/10/2014 Russia to supply enough gas to Europe in winter — Putin
- 15/10/2014 Sanctions leave 99% of Russian innovative projects unaffected — deputy PM
- 14/10/2014 Latvia supports steps to freeze visa dialogue with Russia
- 13/10/2014 Russia to continue fight against Ebola — Putin
- 13/10/2014 Difference between coherent and incoherent foreign policy - ANALYSIS
- 12/10/2014 Ukraine, Russia close to settlement of gas issue - Poroshenko
- 12/10/2014 Clashes leave at least five dead in eastern Ukraine
- 10/10/2014 Thousands of people hold protest in center of Yerevan
- 10/10/2014 CIS summit kicks off in Minsk
- 10/10/2014 9 dead, 64 wounded in E.Ukraine fighting
- 10/10/2014 Putin dismisses critic Kasparov's political skills
- 09/10/2014 Armavia disbanded
- 09/10/2014 Leaders of Russia, Ukraine, Germany, France to meet in Milan
- 08/10/2014 Sergei Lavrov: I don’t see any logical connection between anti-Russian sanctions and normalization of situation in Ukraine
- 08/10/2014 Next meeting of CIS Foreign Ministers Council to be held in Minsk on October 9
- 08/10/2014 Petro Poroshenko: There can be no discussion on changing Ukraine's state border
- 08/10/2014 Gazprom CEO says Ukraine unable to pump sufficient gas ahead of winter
- 08/10/2014 Finance minister warns Russia can't afford military spending plan
- 07/10/2014 At least 15 killed in fresh confrontation in eastern Ukraine
- 07/10/2014 Moscow urges compromise on gas dispute with Ukraine
- 07/10/2014 Two civilians killed as fighting rages in Ukraine's Donetsk
- 06/10/2014 Russian, US diplomats discuss settlement of crisis in Ukraine
- 06/10/2014 Terrorist attack prevented in Dagestan − Russian Anti-Terrorist Committee
- 05/10/2014 Russia to deploy new missile attack warning radars in Arctic
- 05/10/2014 Bodies found near Mexico town where 43 students vanished
- 05/10/2014 West raises pressure on Russia to save Ukraine truce
- 04/10/2014 Ukraine says its forces killed 12 rebels at Donetsk airport
- 04/10/2014 Alexander Lukashenko: ‘There shouldn't be any frozen conflicts like Transnistria and Nagorno-Karabakh in Ukraine’
- 04/10/2014 946 Ukrainian soldiers killed in conflict: Poroshenko
- 03/10/2014 Date for Russia-Ukraine-EU gas talks to be set after October 7 — Russian energy minister
- 03/10/2014 13 reported dead in eastern Ukraine confrontation