Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
- 30/03/2015 Preliminary results of Uzbek presidential election to be announced Monday, turnout at 91 pct
- 29/03/2015 Putin letter to Arab summit triggers strong Saudi attack
- 29/03/2015 Over 85 percent of voters cast ballots in Uzbek presidential election
- 28/03/2015 Soyuz spacecraft with Russian, US astronauts docks at ISS
- 28/03/2015 Official: 1,500 North Caucasus people fight in Iraq, Syria
- 27/03/2015 The media reported the arrest of the FSB Deputy Governor of the Chelyabinsk region
- 27/03/2015 Visa-free agreement with Russia to come into force soon
- 27/03/2015 Kremlin seriously concerned over situation in Yemen — Putin’s spokesman
- 26/03/2015 Latvia’s non-citizens ask Russian parliament for help
- 26/03/2015 4 killed, 20 injured after bus hits landmine in Ukraine
- 26/03/2015 Kiev ready to withdraw tanks from line of contact in Donbas — Poroshenko
- 26/03/2015 Parents of deceased Armenian soldiers stage protest outside Presidential Administration of Armenia
- 26/03/2015 Moscow says U.S. security strategy "anti-Russia"
- 25/03/2015 First batch of armored Humvees from the U.S. arrived to Ukraine - PHOTOSESSION
- 25/03/2015 Poroshenko dismisses Dnepropetrovsk Governor Kolomoyskyi
- 24/03/2015 Moscow calls on US to stop financial and trade blockade of Cuba — Lavrov
- 23/03/2015 Kremlin urges France, Germany to push Ukraine more on peace deal
- 23/03/2015 Death toll in eastern Ukraine crosses 6,000 - UN
- 23/03/2015 Party of Regions releases information about death of former Ukrainian President Yanukovych’s son
- 23/03/2015 Another Armenian soldier dies of "unknown cause"
- 20/03/2015 Sanctions over Ukraine crisis linked to Minsk deal implementation: EU
- 20/03/2015 Netanyahu poised for governing coalition after final vote tally
- 19/03/2015 Moscow invites US to attend WWII Victory Day Parade
- 19/03/2015 Peskov: Date of Putin’s visit to Armenia being specified
- 19/03/2015 UK troops start training mission in Ukraine
- 19/03/2015 Armenian president makes anti-Russian statement
- 19/03/2015 Putin signs treaty integrating South Ossetia into Russia
- 18/03/2015 Russia may consider gas discount for Ukraine
- 18/03/2015 Ukraine to build fortifications along contact line with rebels
- 18/03/2015 Russia, South Ossetia sign treaty on alliance
- 18/03/2015 Russian FM: Transnistrian conflict cannot be settled with ultimatums
- 17/03/2015 U.S. vows to keep sanctions over Russian annexation of Crimea
- 17/03/2015 Fighting rages near Donetsk airport despite Ukraine ceasefire
- 16/03/2015 Lavrov: If conflict sides interested, Moscow ready to discuss sending peacekeeping mission to Donbass
- 16/03/2015 Putin comments on rumors of poor health
- 14/03/2015 Death toll rises to 19 in Russia fire
- 14/03/2015 Ukrainian doctors get meeting with Savchenko - lawyer
- 14/03/2015 Secretary general: NATO does not plan to interfere in east Ukraine conflict
- 13/03/2015 Russia rejects U.S. concerns over Vietnam base role in bomber flights
- 13/03/2015 IMF sends 1st tranche of $5 bln to Ukraine – Central Bank