Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
- 22/08/2014 Putin, Erdogan discuss joint energy projects
- 22/08/2014 Russia aid convoy’s movement violates previous agreements — EU Commission
- 22/08/2014 All Russian humanitarian convoy trucks arrive in Luhansk
- 22/08/2014 4 government soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine fighting
- 22/08/2014 Ukrainian president calls border crossing by Russian humanitarian convoy illegal
- 22/08/2014 Russia responds to Japan sanctions
- 21/08/2014 Georgia’s Prime Minister arrives in Armenia
- 21/08/2014 Crisis in eastern Ukraine unlikely to be solved exclusively by force - Poroshenko
- 21/08/2014 Ukrainian govt troops take over much of Luhansk
- 21/08/2014 Ukraine conflict is draining economy, hampering reforms: PM Yatseniuk
- 20/08/2014 Ukraine seeks combined IMF aid tranches
- 20/08/2014 Ukrainian troops take control of Ilovaysk city of Donetsk
- 20/08/2014 Two militants killed in Dagestan
- 19/08/2014 Putin, Lukashenko discuss preparation of Customs Union-Ukraine-EU meeting
- 19/08/2014 Ukrainian president to meet Putin, EU officials in Minsk
- 19/08/2014 Ukrainian MP calls on West to provide military aid to Ukraine
- 19/08/2014 Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to visit Armenia
- 19/08/2014 Red Cross official heading for Moscow to discuss situation around Ukraine aid convoy
- 19/08/2014 Ukraine: Dozens of Civilians Killed in Convoy
- 18/08/2014 Man fired at Turkish Embassy in Russia, turns out to be Armenian
- 17/08/2014 Imam shot dead in North Ossetia - Interior Ministry
- 17/08/2014 OSCE says situation in Donetsk is tense
- 17/08/2014 Russian aid convoy checked; military vehicles mass near Ukraine
- 16/08/2014 Ukrainian army liberates one more city from separatists
- 16/08/2014 Hagel speaks with Russian defense minister
- 16/08/2014 Georgian chief prosecutor puts ex-president on wanted list
- 16/08/2014 Kiev says forces shelled Russian armour inside Ukraine
- 15/08/2014 Food prices under control in Russia — prosecutor’s office
- 15/08/2014 Russian military vehicles do not advance deep into Ukraine
- 15/08/2014 Russian military vehicles enter Ukraine
- 15/08/2014 Ukrainian army captures key town near Lugansk
- 14/08/2014 Medvedev's Twitter Account Hacked, Resignation Tweet False – Press Service
- 14/08/2014 Ukraine sets conditions for Russian convoy as death toll soars
- 14/08/2014 No troop movement on Russian-Ukrainian border - OSCE observers
- 14/08/2014 Ukraine accuses Russia of cynicism over convoy; death toll rises sharply
- 13/08/2014 Russian, Belarus, Kazakh leaders discuss steps to prevent illegal food re-exports
- 13/08/2014 Risk of Ebola getting to Russia remains low
- 13/08/2014 Ukraine vows to take measures to ensure security of humanitarian convoy
- 12/08/2014 Two new submarines to be laid down for Russian Navy in October
- 12/08/2014 Russian journalist Stenin arrested in Ukraine on suspicion of aiding terrorists