Baku. Ramil Mammadli – APA. Azerbaijan Lawyers Confederation (ALC), U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Council of State Support to NGOs under the President of Azerbaijan and American Bar Association have held a roundtable on “Reforms on human rights: Prospects of legislation on defamation”.
APA reports that chief of socio-political department of the Presidential Administration Ali Hasanov delivered a speech on the development of the law “On defamation”, its importance and international organizations’ position on this issue. Then he revealed the government's position on the law and its implementation.
Director of Office of Democracy and Governance at USAID Azerbaijan Ronald Glass, Chairman of Azerbaijan Lawyers Confederation, MP Ali Huseynli, Chairman of Azerbaijan's Press Council Aflatun Amashov, Head of Baku Office of American Bar Association Robert Steer, Head of OSCE Office in Baku Koray Targay and others made speeches at the event.
Koray Targay said that freedom of media and expression are key principles of the OSCE: “This issue has been discussed in Azerbaijan for years. I consider that the Azerbaijani Parliament should hold serious discussions in this regard. I hope that the work on the issue will start soon. Azerbaijani media has not professionalized yet. Our main goal is to ensure freedom of speech and expression in the media basing on the principles of the OSCE."
Discussions were held on strengthening constructive social dialogue platform between government agencies dealing with human rights provision and civil society organizations.
- 30/06/2015 APA Holding issued more than 12,000 news releases about first European Games
- 29/06/2015 BSU hosts conference dedicated 140th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s national press - PHOTO
- 22/06/2015 OSCE media freedom representative calls for immediate release of Al Jazeera journalist arrested in Germany
- 16/06/2015 German newspaper exposes anti-Azerbaijan campaign by Western media
- 11/06/2015 No one appealed for visit to Azerbaijan in name of Amnesty International – president’s aide
- 10/06/2015 Address to Azerbaijani journalists: "Let’s protect the official twitter-page of the I European Games"
- 08/06/2015 Ethiopian journalists visit APA Holding
- 05/06/2015 Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan’s sound journalism has always been against such people - PHOTO
- 02/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 140th jubilee of Azerbaijan’s national media
- 02/06/2015 APA Holding starts issuing special newsletters on 1st European Games
- 29/05/2015 New members elected to Broadcasting Council of Public Television and Radio Broadcasting Company
- 29/05/2015 APA TV celebrates 2nd birthday
- 21/05/2015 NTRC warns some TV channels
- 20/05/2015 Riga hosts first Eastern Partnership Media Conference - PHOTO
- 15/05/2015 Presentation event on launching Oxford University Press held in Baku- PHOTOSESSION
- 15/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: 140th anniversary of Azerbaijani press to be marked at state level
- 13/05/2015 New candidates nominated for ITV Broadcasting Council membership
- 30/04/2015 Documents on APA’s investigative article ‘Anti-Azerbaijani campaign led by John Kerry's office in Congress’
- 30/04/2015 Vusala Mahirgizi presents documents that APA’s investigative article was based on
- 28/04/2015 Well-known Turkish specialist conducts training at APA Holding - PHOTOSESSION
- 23/04/2015 Aflatun Amashov meets OSCE representative
- 16/03/2015 Vesti.az information agency marks 5th birthday
- 12/03/2015 Ali Hasanov: Pluralism atmosphere in Azerbaijan doesn’t fall behind those in other countries
- 02/03/2015 Azerbaijan State Information Agency marks 95th anniversary - PHOTO
- 02/03/2015 Baku hosts meeting of News Agencies World Council
- 02/03/2015 Azerbaijani state does not imagine its life without free media – Presidential aide
- 02/03/2015 Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani media fully free
- 06/02/2015 Azerbaijan to tighten penalties for violation of license regulations and conditions in broadcasting
- 08/01/2015 Members of Azerbaijani Press Council Management Board visit French Embassy
- 06/01/2015 Trial over criminal case against journalist Sevinj Osmangizi starts
- 29/12/2014 Azadliq Radio suspected of money laundering
- 26/12/2014 Ukrainian ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan doesn’t imagine its domestic life without free media
- 16/12/2014 NTRC issues warning to ANS
- 16/12/2014 Azerbaijan makes amendment to law ‘On mass media outlets’
- 15/12/2014 Palestinian ambassador meets with APA Holding president - PHOTO
- 15/12/2014 128 journalists killed worldwide in 2014: Report
- 15/12/2014 Indonesian ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 12/12/2014 Theyoung man, upon whom complaint Khadija Ismayil has been arrested, makes clarification
- 11/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: In near future Azerbaijan, Turkey will expand opportunities of speaking with one voice