According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
- 19/09/2014 MP: “Base oil price in 2015 state budget should not exceed $90”
- 19/09/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital
- 19/09/2014 Parliament’s Economic policy Committee holds meeting
- 19/09/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 19/09/2014 PASHA Life insurance company pays AZN 91,000 for three accidents
- 19/09/2014 New chairman appointed to Synergy Group’s Supervisory Board
- 18/09/2014 E&Y: Azerkosmos opertaes based on principles of accountability
- 18/09/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for share of assets
- 18/09/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets growth rate
- 18/09/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for share of loan portfolio
- 18/09/2014 EBRD changes its forecast on GDP growth in Azerbaijan
- 18/09/2014 Azerbaijan ranks 4th in CIS place for average monthly salary
- 17/09/2014 AFB Bank increases authorized capital
- 17/09/2014 Gunay Bank starts share placing
- 17/09/2014 Azerbaijan sees rise in premiums on voluntary insurance types
- 17/09/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 17/09/2014 Azerbaijan’s insurance market expected to rise 9% by year-end
- 17/09/2014 Azerbaijan sees 35% decline in casco insurance market
- 17/09/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 17/09/2014 Azerbaijan’s external public debt made public
- 17/09/2014 Muganbank offering one more new service to its clients
- 16/09/2014 Insurers doing most insurance payments in Azerbaijan named
- 16/09/2014 Azerbaijani Minister of Economy and Industry visits Iran
- 16/09/2014 Turanbank attracts loan from abroad
- 16/09/2014 Most of Azerbaijan-based insurers decrease insurance premiums
- 16/09/2014 Parabank increases authorized capital
- 16/09/2014 Azerbaijan sees 38% rise in foreign investments directed to economy
- 16/09/2014 Azerbaijan sees 3.4% decline in non-life insurance market
- 16/09/2014 Azerbaijan increases payments in life insurance market by 7 times
- 16/09/2014 Muganbank holds next draw of bearer bonds
- 16/09/2014 Azerbaijan gets 7% growth in insurance market
- 16/09/2014 Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Germany made $2.2 bln last year
- 15/09/2014 Azerbaijan sees 12.8% rise in budget transfers from customs agencies
- 15/09/2014 Azerbaijan consumes $ 21 bln foreign trade operations
- 15/09/2014 Next meeting of Azerbaijan-Russia Intergovernmental Commission to be held in Yekaterinburg
- 15/09/2014 Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Russia hits record
- 15/09/2014 Baku hosting next meeting of Azerbaijan-Russia Intergovernmental Commission
- 15/09/2014 Amrahbank launches its Sahil branch
- 12/09/2014 CB: No ban was imposed on banks regarding limitation of advertisements in retail banking
- 12/09/2014 Azsigorta’s insurance payment exceeds AZN 5.6 mln