According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
- 18/04/2014 Gunay Sigorta increases authorized capital
- 18/04/2014 A-Group insurance company increases authorized capital
- 18/04/2014 Baku to host Azerbaija-Spain business forum
- 18/04/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 18/04/2014 IBA sees 23% rise in assets
- 18/04/2014 In an unequal world, we need inclusive growth - Jim Yong Kim
- 18/04/2014 Azerbaijan’s state budget surplus makes AZN 108 mln
- 18/04/2014 AccessBank gets rise in assets
- 16/04/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers increase insurance premiums by 15%, payments – by 13%
- 16/04/2014 Azerbaijan sees 17% decline in foreign trade operations
- 16/04/2014 Baku to host Azerbaijan-Netherlands business forum
- 16/04/2014 SCC increases budget transfers by 44%
- 16/04/2014 YapiKredi Bank Azerbaijan triples overdue credits
- 16/04/2014 Personal incomes in Azerbaijan rise 4.5%
- 16/04/2014 Turanbank attracts loan from abroad
- 15/04/2014 Azerbaijan sees 2.5% rise in GDP production
- 15/04/2014 Q1 state budget revenues fulfilled by 106.1%
- 15/04/2014 Number of POS-terminals to be increased to 80,000 in Azerbaijan
- 14/04/2014 Retail commodity circulation increases by 9%
- 14/04/2014 Azerbaijan gets AZN 4 bln-positive balance from import-export operations
- 14/04/2014 Azerbaijan faced 0.3% inflation last month
- 14/04/2014 Bank Nikoil increases authorized capital
- 14/04/2014 IBAR secure $160 mln-syndicated loan
- 14/04/2014 Number of banks with profit decline in Azerbaijan
- 14/04/2014 Number of ATMs in Azerbaijan increases by 7%
- 11/04/2014 Azerbaijan Credit Bank’s main financial performances decrease
- 11/04/2014 Azerbaijan represented at Annual Investment Meeting in UAE
- 10/04/2014 PASHA Life increases sharply authorized capital
- 10/04/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks see growth in foreign liabilities
- 10/04/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks see 28% rise in provision of crediting
- 10/04/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks see 24% rise in deposits
- 10/04/2014 Azerbaijan reveals failure of budget execution for state program
- 10/04/2014 Baki Sigorta increases authorized capital
- 10/04/2014 Azerbaijan sees decline in money supply
- 10/04/2014 Azerbaijan sees 25% rise in bank assets year-on-year
- 10/04/2014 Azerbaijan sees 16% rise in budget transfers through Ministry of Taxes
- 10/04/2014 Mortgage loans through AMF increase by 73%
- 09/04/2014 Bank Technique addresses to The General Prosecutor’s Office by reason of past-due loans
- 09/04/2014 AccessBank borrows $60 mln-syndicated loan
- 09/04/2014 PASHA Sigorta’s authorized capital reaches AZN 50 mln