According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
- 30/03/2015 Azsigorta gets profit last year
- 30/03/2015 International Insurance Company gets 60% rise in assets
- 30/03/2015 Buta Sigorta faces loss last year
- 30/03/2015 State Customs Committee clarifies reduction in car import
- 30/03/2015 Demirbank increases annual interest rates on “Göy” deposit up to 17% - PHOTO
- 30/03/2015 Euro falls, dollar remains unchanged in Azerbaijan
- 29/03/2015 AMF to put up AZN 5 mln-bonds for auction
- 29/03/2015 Azer-Turk Bank’s head office moves to new address - PHOTO
- 29/03/2015 Caspian Development Bank announces annual report
- 29/03/2015 Euro continues to rise in Azerbaijan
- 23/03/2015 Most stocks in US and European market rise
- 19/03/2015 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 19/03/2015 Azerbaijan Credit Bank solves total capital problem
- 19/03/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for deposit portfolio growth rate
- 19/03/2015 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 19/03/2015 Euro continues to rise in Azerbaijan
- 18/03/2015 Chairman of International Bank of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijan-based 12 insurers decrease insurance payments
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijan increases premiums and payments 19% and 11% in non-life insurance
- 18/03/2015 Premiums and payments in casco insurance fall 4%
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijan sees 14% decline in premiums, 3.2 times rise in payments in life insurance market
- 18/03/2015 “DemirBank” increases annual interest rate on AZN deposits
- 18/03/2015 Over 70% of insurance market in Azerbaijan formed voluntarily
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijan-based 11 insurers see decline in premiums
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijan sees 11% rise in insurance market
- 18/03/2015 Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 17/03/2015 Head of Central Bank: No major changes in exchange rate policy of Azerbaijan are expected until end of year
- 17/03/2015 Elman Rustamov offers banks to extend period of loans and reduce interest rates
- 17/03/2015 Central Bank: Special capitalization program has been developed for banks not meeting demand for total capital
- 17/03/2015 Elman Rustamov: “Previous exchange rate would cause the reserves of SOFAZ and CBA to be equal to zero”
- 17/03/2015 Placement of IBA’s bonds to be started at BSE
- 17/03/2015 Azerbaijan sees decline in positive balance on foreign trade operations
- 17/03/2015 Azerbaijan sees 6.5% rise in budget transfers through customs authorities year-on-year
- 17/03/2015 Azerbaijan sees up to 43% decline in number of imported cars
- 17/03/2015 Bank Technique increases authorized capital
- 17/03/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets growth rate
- 17/03/2015 Azercell invests over AZN 55 mln in Azerbaijan’s non-oil sector last year
- 17/03/2015 Banks start to submit prudential reports to Central Bank every day
- 17/03/2015 PASHA Bank faces AZN 2 mln damage by manat devaluation