According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
- 24/10/2014 Azerbaijan Parliament to start discussion of draft state budget 2015 on November 4
- 24/10/2014 TuranBank attracts $5 million from abroad
- 24/10/2014 AccessBank increases troubled loans 2.5 times
- 24/10/2014 Expressbank sees 12% rise in assets
- 23/10/2014 PASHA Life Insurance gets rise in assets
- 23/10/2014 Amrahbank launches branch in Goranboy
- 23/10/2014 IBA increases investment portfolio on Islamic banking 1.5 times
- 23/10/2014 Zaminbank gets rise in assets
- 23/10/2014 Parabank increases authorized capital
- 23/10/2014 WB allocates $300 mln to Azerbaijan
- 23/10/2014 Kavkaz Development Bank gets 14.5% rise in assets
- 22/10/2014 Azer-Turk Bank gets profit in third quarter
- 22/10/2014 New security bag introduced to Azerbaijan’s market
- 22/10/2014 Rabitabank sees rise in personal savings
- 22/10/2014 IBA clients prefer to place deposits in manat
- 21/10/2014 Azerbaijan, IMF hold consultations
- 21/10/2014 Bank of Baku sees 57% rise in overdue credits
- 21/10/2014 Xalg Bank gets loss in third quarter
- 20/10/2014 Atrabank gets rise in authorized capital
- 20/10/2014 New chairman appointed to Management Board at “Rabitabank
- 20/10/2014 Dekabank increases authorized capital
- 20/10/2014 Azer-turk Bank increases authorized capital
- 20/10/2014 International Bank of Azerbaijan increases number of POS-terminals 71%
- 20/10/2014 A.M. Best assigns ratings to AzRe reinsurance
- 20/10/2014 IMF starts staff visit mission to Baku
- 17/10/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for share of insurance premiums
- 17/10/2014 Expressbank gets 22.5% rise in assets
- 17/10/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for share of insurance payments
- 17/10/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 17/10/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 17/10/2014 Azerbaijan gets 9.4% growth in retail trade turnover
- 17/10/2014 Azerbaijan sees 6% decline in non-life insurance market
- 17/10/2014 Ateshgah Life heads insurance market for payments
- 17/10/2014 AZN 40 mln to be allocated to Agrolizing from 2015 state budget
- 17/10/2014 IBA increases assets 22%
- 17/10/2014 AZN 5 mln to be allocated to State Agency for Agricultural Credits from 2015 state budget
- 17/10/2014 Payments in life insurance rise 8 times
- 16/10/2014 Azerbaijan gets AZN 1.4 bln budget surplus during nine months
- 16/10/2014 Average monthly salary in Azerbaijan rises 6%
- 16/10/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments