According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
- 19/12/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 19/12/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 19/12/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 19/12/2014 Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for insurance premiums
- 18/12/2014 Payments in life insurance rise by 8 times
- 18/12/2014 Catering turnover rises 17% in Azerbaijan
- 18/12/2014 Insurance premiums on casco decline 33%, payments rise 3%
- 18/12/2014 Azerbaijan ranks at 60th in “Best Countries for Business - 2014"
- 18/12/2014 65% of insurance market in Azerbaijan formed voluntarily
- 18/12/2014 EBRD’s investments in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital during 11 months exceed AZN 3.2
- 18/12/2014 Pasha Insurance heads insurance market for payments
- 18/12/2014 Azerbaijan sees 1% decline in budget transfers from customs agencies year-on-year
- 18/12/2014 Azerbaijan sees decline in non-life insurance market
- 18/12/2014 Azerbaijan gets 9% rise in consumer market
- 18/12/2014 Azerbaijan-based 17 insurers continue to face lagging
- 18/12/2014 Azerbaijan sees 3.8% rise in insurance market
- 17/12/2014 ADB invested AZN 63M in Azerbaijan’s basic capital in first eleven months of 2014
- 17/12/2014 World Bank invested AZN 115M in Azerbaijan’s basic capital in first eleven months of 2014
- 17/12/2014 Director General: “International Bank of Azerbaijan will continue to increase capital”
- 17/12/2014 Azerbaijani customs officers detain mother and her daughter smuggling drug to country
- 17/12/2014 Kapital Bank’s Viability Rating upgraded
- 17/12/2014 Bank VTB (Azerbaijan) doubles transactions carried out with payment cards
- 17/12/2014 Nearly AZN 15 bln invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital since early 2014
- 16/12/2014 RR declines 29% in Azerbaijan year-on-year
- 16/12/2014 Overdue credits in Azerbaijan exceed AZN 943 mln
- 16/12/2014 Over 60% of personal savings in Azerbaijan-based banks placed in national manat
- 16/12/2014 Azerbaijan reduces export of product 6%
- 16/12/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 16/12/2014 Average monthly salary of hired workers in Azerbaijan rises 5.5%
- 16/12/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for number of active plastic cards
- 15/12/2014 “Fitch”: Azerbaijan’s economy will demonstrate sustainability on the background of oil price decline
- 15/12/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for number of POS-terminals
- 15/12/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for number of employees
- 15/12/2014 Fitch affirms Pasha Bank
- 15/12/2014 Azerbaijan sees 10% rise in budget transfers from customs agencies
- 15/12/2014 Azerbaijan sees 5% rise in personal income
- 15/12/2014 Azerbaijan sees 10% decline in foreign trade operations
- 15/12/2014 Fitch affirms Kapital Bank
- 15/12/2014 Azerbaijan sees 40% decline in car import
- 15/12/2014 Azerbaijan sees 2.2% rise in GDP production