Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 26.11.2015USD rises, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 25.11.2015Azerbaijan triples upper limit of internal public debt
- 25.11.2015USD falls, Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2015Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss problems in customs checkpoints
- 24.11.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital
- 24.11.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 24.11.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 24.11.2015US dollar falls in Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2015Bank VTB Azerbaijan starts government mortgage lending
- 23.11.2015Unicapital increases authorized capital
- 23.11.2015Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets
- 23.11.2015AGBank attracts subordinated loan
- 23.11.2015Loans given to legal entities and individuals in Nakhchivan increase 40%
- 23.11.2015CDB opens branch in one of Azerbaijan northern regions
- 23.11.2015Insurance premiums rise 2% in Nakhchivan
- 23.11.2015US dollar rises in Azerbaijan
- 20.11.2015Bank Respublika ends third quarter with AZN 2.3 mln-loss
- 20.11.2015SOCAR Trading seals first revolving credit facility
- 20.11.2015US dollar remains unchanged in Azerbaijan
- 19.11.2015Arguments for and against probability of next devaluation - ANALYSIS
- 19.11.2015Azerbaijan sees 16% rise in life insurance market
- 19.11.2015Chingiz Asadullayev increases equity in AGBank
- 19.11.2015SOFAZ gold reserves to be stored at its own building
- 19.11.201562% of insurance market in Azerbaijan formed voluntarily
- 19.11.2015Azerbaijan sees 6.5% rise in insurance market
- 19.11.2015USD falls, Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2015Bank Standard gets 4.5% rise in assets
- 18.11.2015Azerbaijan’s foreign trade operations exceed $17 bln
- 18.11.2015Azerbaijan halves car import
- 18.11.2015Bank Respublika’s troubled loans make 11% of loan portfolio
- 18.11.2015Director of Azerbaijani construction company replaced
- 18.11.2015Azerbaijan sees rise in budgetary transfers through customs authorities
- 18.11.2015German oil & gas company shuts down branch in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2015USD rises, Euro drops in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2015Average monthly salary reaches AZN 461 in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2015Average exchange rate of manat for October announced
- 17.11.2015Over AZN 13 bln invested in fixed capital during nine months
- 17.11.2015Central Bank says inter-bank settlements not affected by internet problem
- 17.11.2015Azerbaijan sees 3.3% rise in GDP
- 17.11.2015State budget executed with deficit in nine months