According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
- 17/04/2015 Bank Standard gets 20% rise in assets
- 17/04/2015 Expressbank gets 23% growth in personal savings
- 17/04/2015 WB to confirm 5-year strategy on Azerbaijan in June
- 17/04/2015 USD falls, Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 16/04/2015 Shahin Mustafayev: “Measures should be taken against Iranian companies operating through Azerbaijan’s occupied territories”
- 16/04/2015 Azerbaijan sees 3.5% rise in budget transfers through customs authorities year-on-year
- 16/04/2015 Azerbaijan’s foreign trade operations amount to $5.8 bln in January-March
- 16/04/2015 Azerbaijan sees about 2.2 times decline in car import
- 16/04/2015 More than half of ATMs installed in Azerbaijan falls to share of Baku
- 16/04/2015 USD falls, Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 15/04/2015 Azerbaijani population prefer to keep savings in foreign currency - ANALYSIS
- 15/04/2015 Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply
- 15/04/2015 Ministry of Taxes transfers AZN 1.6 bln to state budget
- 15/04/2015 Azerbaijan confirmed as founding member of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- 15/04/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks sees sharp rise in foreign liabilities
- 15/04/2015 Government mortgage lending in Azerbaijan increases 2% year-on-year
- 15/04/2015 Shahin Mustafayev: “Operation of several Italian companies in Azerbaijan’s occupied territories is unacceptable”
- 15/04/2015 Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business meeting
- 15/04/2015 Manat devaluation not influenced number of borrowers - ANALYSIS
- 15/04/2015 Casco insurance continues to fall in Azerbaijan
- 15/04/2015 Over AZN 3.2 bln invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in first quarter
- 15/04/2015 USD falls, Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks see growth in assets
- 14/04/2015 70% of insurance market in Azerbaijan formed voluntarily
- 14/04/2015 Average exchange rate of manat for March announced
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijan sees 5% rise in personal income
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijan announces amount of average monthly salary
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijan sees 20% rise in personal savings year-on-year
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijan sees 5.3% rise in Q1 GDP production
- 14/04/2015 Troubled loans reach AZN 1.1 bln in Azerbaijan
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijan increases premiums and payments 18% and 7% in non-life insurance
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijan sees AZN 251mln-deficit in Q1 state budget
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijan increases export of non-oil products 73% in January-February
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijan-based 15 insurers increase premiums, 17 increase payments
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijan sees 14% rise in premiums, 3.8 times rise in payments in life insurance market
- 14/04/2015 Kavkaz Development Bank gets rise in Q1 assets
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijan sees 14% rise in Q1 insurance market
- 14/04/2015 Moody’s: GDP growth in Azerbaijan will make 1% in 2015
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijan faced 0.9% inflation last month
- 14/04/2015 USD, Euro fall in Azerbaijan