According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
- 25/07/2014 Amrahbank holds new campaign on money transfer
- 24/07/2014 Ekolizing prepares for AZN 1 mln-bond issue
- 24/07/2014 AccessBank attracts $15 mln
- 24/07/2014 CB notes placement results
- 24/07/2014 Kapital Bank marks 140th anniversary
- 24/07/2014 “Muganbank” OJSC publishes financial figures as of July 1, 2013
- 23/07/2014 Union Lizing prepares for AZN 5 mln-bond issue
- 23/07/2014 AccessBank sees 41% growth in loan portfolio
- 23/07/2014 Exspressbank gets rise in profit
- 23/07/2014 South Gas Corridor prepares for $1.2 bln- bond issue
- 23/07/2014 Depositor won 25000 AZN by Kapital Bank
- 23/07/2014 US and European stocks end higher
- 22/07/2014 Bank BTB gets rise in total capital
- 21/07/2014 Azerbaijan sees 8% decline in government mortgage lending
- 21/07/2014 Azerbaijan fulfills H1 income forecast of state budget by 101.6%, expenditure – by 94.7%
- 21/07/2014 Bank Standard gets 23% rise in assets
- 21/07/2014 SOFAZ transfers 4 883.8 mln manats in January-June 2014
- 21/07/2014 YapiKredi Bank Azerbaijan sees 35% income growth
- 19/07/2014 Drug smuggling from Iran to Azerbaijan prevented
- 18/07/2014 Gunay Bank faces loss in second quarter
- 18/07/2014 AFBank gets AZN 10 ml rise in authorized capital
- 18/07/2014 PASHA Life Insurance sees 35.5% rise in H1 premiums
- 18/07/2014 Bank VTB (Azerbaijan) presents H1 report
- 18/07/2014 AtaBank gets rise in assets
- 18/07/2014 US and European stocks end down
- 18/07/2014 DemirBank launches a new “Preferential loan” campaign
- 17/07/2014 Bank Technique to close its branch
- 17/07/2014 Rabitabank gets 24% rise in assets
- 16/07/2014 Azerbaijan sees 75% rise in living insurance, 35% decline in casco insurance
- 16/07/2014 Azerbaijan-based 17 insurers see decline in premiums
- 16/07/2014 Bank Nikoil increases total capital
- 16/07/2014 Azerbaijan gets 3.4% decline in non-life insurance market
- 16/07/2014 Muganbank gets 18% rise in assets
- 16/07/2014 Azerbaijan implements 41 projects with international financial institutions
- 16/07/2014 VTB (Azerbaijan) increases loan portfolio for small and medium business
- 16/07/2014 Azerbaijan sees 53% rise life insurance market
- 16/07/2014 Azerbaijan gets 7.1% rise in insurance market
- 15/07/2014 Bank VTB (Azerbaijan) increases assets sharply
- 15/07/2014 Azer-Turk Bank gets rise in personal savings
- 15/07/2014 H1 GDP rises 2.1% in Azerbaijan