According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
- 06/07/2015 State Customs Committee: No trade operations are carried out between Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 06/07/2015 AtaHolding increases authorized capital
- 06/07/2015 Emfinansbank’s liabilities make AZN 12 mln
- 06/07/2015 Azersu ends 2014 with loss
- 06/07/2015 AB Standard ends 2014 with loss
- 06/07/2015 US dollar rises, euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 03/07/2015 Term of office for IBA Management Board’s members extended
- 03/07/2015 One more staff change made at PASHA Bank
- 03/07/2015 Azerbaijani, Russian customs Services sign several documents - PHOTO
- 03/07/2015 New chairman appointed to Pashabank’s Supervisory Board - PHOTO
- 03/07/2015 Azeristiliktechizat’s payables exceed AZN 63 mln
- 03/07/2015 Azerbaijan sees 2.4 times rise in insurance premiums on compulsory real estate insurance last month
- 03/07/2015 45% vehicle owners avoid compulsory insurance in Azerbaijan
- 03/07/2015 SOFAZ starts investing in Chinese Yuan
- 02/07/2015 Radars to define whether automobiles insured or not in Azerbaijan
- 02/07/2015 6th Azerbaijan International Insurance Forum starts in Baku
- 01/07/2015 Around AZN 11.9 mln paid for compulsory insurance of civil liability of vehicle owners
- 01/07/2015 SOCAR’s authorized capital increased 14% year-on-year
- 01/07/2015 Azerbaijan sees 20% rise in premiums on compulsory insurance against civil liabilities of vehicle owners
- 01/07/2015 US dollar rises, euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures growth rate
- 30/06/2015 Rabitabank celebrates its 22nd anniversary
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for incomes growth rate
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for mortgage loan growth rate
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for government mortgage lending growth rate
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking personal savings growth rate
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for deposit portfolio growth rate
- 30/06/2015 Central Bank demands banks and NBCOs commission fees not to exceed 1% of sum of credit
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital growth
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for overdue credit growth rate
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for consumption loans growth rate
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 30/06/2015 Moody's says banking system outlook has changed to negative from stable for Azerbaijan
- 30/06/2015 Moody’s: Azerbaijan will maintain GDP growth even with an oil price of $55
- 30/06/2015 Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 29/06/2015 ADB announces reasons for economic growth of Azerbaijan
- 29/06/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for market share of total capital
- 29/06/2015 Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital growth rate
- 29/06/2015 NIKOIL Bank improves quality of service - PHOTO
- 29/06/2015 Azerbaijan’s share in AIIB’s capital determined