According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
- 31/10/2014 Central Bank of Azerbaijan addressed the international payment system in connection with illegal financial operations carried out in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 31/10/2014 Muganbank gets 17% rise in assets
- 31/10/2014 MasterCard corrects mistake on Azerbaijan’s occupied territories
- 31/10/2014 Person avoiding payment of up to AZN 1 mln tax arrested in Azerbaijan
- 31/10/2014 Azerbaijani Diaspora in US launches campaign against MasterCard
- 31/10/2014 Sony says half-year loss nearly $1 bln
- 31/10/2014 Aydin Aliyev: “Application of Euro 4 standard caused decline in number of cars imported from Georgia”
- 31/10/2014 New procedure for declaring goods and vehicles transporting through border to come into force
- 31/10/2014 One more company obtains new licenses for brokerage and dealer activity
- 30/10/2014 Bank Nikoil increases assets 38%
- 30/10/2014 MuganBank attracts $5 mln loan from abroad
- 30/10/2014 WB changes Dong Business report methodology
- 30/10/2014 Turanbank gets rise in assets
- 30/10/2014 Ambassador: “Azerbaijan and Turkey intend to increase trade turnover to $15-20 bln”
- 30/10/2014 Azerbaijan Industry Bank gets rise in assets
- 30/10/2014 Turkey invested up to $2 bln in Azerbaijan during past 18 years
- 29/10/2014 AGBank gets rise in assets
- 29/10/2014 Tbilisi hosts 1st International Investment Forum
- 29/10/2014 YapiKredi Bank Azerbaijan sees 16% growth in assets
- 29/10/2014 Azerbaijan ranks at 80th in Doing Business 2015 rankings
- 29/10/2014 Azerbaijan-based banks see 15.3% growth in assets
- 28/10/2014 CB develops new mortgage strategy
- 28/10/2014 Elman Rustamov: “Overdue credits do not cause problems due to reserve funds established in the banks”
- 28/10/2014 Elman Rustamov: “Interest rates on business loans will be single-digit in the near future”
- 28/10/2014 CBA chairman: “5-6 banks are forecasted not to fulfill Central Bank’s requirements for capital”
- 28/10/2014 Amrahbank gets 40% rise in assets
- 27/10/2014 IMF and WB to start assessing financial sector of Azerbaijan next year
- 27/10/2014 Parabank increases authorized capital
- 27/10/2014 IMF forecasts GDP growth for Azerbaijan to be 4% in 2014, 3% in 2015
- 27/10/2014 IBA carries out over 126,000 money transfer operations among individuals
- 27/10/2014 Deputy Minister: “Over $190 was invested in Azerbaijan’s economy during its independency”
- 27/10/2014 Gunay Bank increases authorized capital
- 27/10/2014 Bank BTB gets rise in assets
- 27/10/2014 New chairman appointed to Rabitabank’s Management Board
- 27/10/2014 Baku hosts ERRA annual conference
- 24/10/2014 AtaHolding increases authorized capital
- 24/10/2014 Bank VTB (Azerbaijan) gets rise in assets
- 24/10/2014 IBA sees 22% rise in assets
- 24/10/2014 Azerbaijan Parliament to start discussion of draft state budget 2015 on November 4
- 24/10/2014 TuranBank attracts $5 million from abroad