Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 03.05.2016Central Bank keeps discount rate steady, narrows interest rate corridor on liquidity operations
- 03.05.2016USD rate rises
- 03.05.2016Xalg Bank’s liabilities reach AZN 1.4B
- 03.05.2016Bank Melli Iran Baku ends Q1 on loss
- 03.05.2016Azerbaijan tightens punishments for evasion from payment of tax and social insurance fee
- 03.05.2016New deputy chairman appointed to AtaBank Board
- 03.05.2016AGBank ends Q1 on loss
- 03.05.2016Police conduct special op in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala, 6 detained - UPDATED-1
- 02.05.2016Azerbaijan sees growth in money supply in April
- 02.05.2016CB currency reserves increase about $55M in April
- 02.05.2016"myAccess" to make banking services easier in Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 02.05.2016AtaBank makes staff changes
- 02.05.2016T-bills parameters announced
- 02.05.2016Bank of Baku gets about 26% decline in assets
- 02.05.2016Problem loans account for 20% of system-wide gross loans in Azerbaijan
- 02.05.2016Azerbaijan sees over 19% decline in premiums on real estate compulsory insurance
- 02.05.2016Azerbaijan sees 6% rise in premiums on compulsory vehicle insurance
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijan to develop Action Plan on combating terrorism financing
- 29.04.2016Loans must be available for pensioners – Kapital Bank - EXCLUSIVE
- 29.04.2016Gunay Bank makes staff changes in Supervisory Board
- 29.04.2016New director-general appointed to Embawood - EXCLUSIVE
- 28.04.2016MasterCard profit beats expectations as purchase volumes rise
- 28.04.2016About AZN 3.5B toxic assets cleaned from IBA balance sheets
- 28.04.2016Agrarcredit ends Q1 on profit
- 28.04.2016Baki Sigorta’s head resigns - EXCLUSIVE
- 28.04.2016Demirbank gets 15% rise in assets
- 28.04.2016Stake and number of AGBank shareholders changed
- 27.04.2016Fed keeps rates unchanged
- 27.04.2016Dutch economic affairs minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 27.04.2016National Bank of Pakistan ends first quarter on profit
- 27.04.2016Several large markets avoid showing turnover – ministry
- 27.04.2016CDB Bank earns AZN 5.5M in Q1
- 26.04.2016Parabank sees 2.4 times rise in personal savings
- 26.04.2016AtaBank earns AZN 6M in Q1
- 25.04.2016USD rate continues to fall
- 25.04.2016Chief appointed to insurance supervision department of Financial Markets Supervisory Authority
- 25.04.2016Azer-Turk Bank triples assets
- 25.04.2016AFB Bank gets profit in Q1
- 25.04.2016Silk Way Insurance gets profit in Q1
- 22.04.2016Bank Eurasia gets profit in Q1