According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
- 04/09/2015 Number of borrowers reaches 2.5 mln persons in Azerbaijan
- 04/09/2015 Azerbaijan sees decline in money supply last month
- 04/09/2015 CB currency reserves decline
- 04/09/2015 Parabank gets rise in personal savings
- 04/09/2015 Agrarkredit ends first half of year with profit
- 04/09/2015 US dollar rises, euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 03/09/2015 Oil price decline and devaluation: gainers and losers - ANALYSIS
- 03/09/2015 Azerbaijan faced deflation in August
- 03/09/2015 NBC Bank gets rise in H1 assets
- 03/09/2015 USD rises, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 02/09/2015 Nearly 680,000 vehicle owners compulsorily insured civil liability since early 2015 in Azerbaijan
- 02/09/2015 Up to AZN 2 mln paid for damage to vehicles in August
- 02/09/2015 USD remains unchanged, Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 01/09/2015 Farid Orujov appointed as Director-General of Azer-Turk Bank
- 01/09/2015 Bank Technique’s former Director General appointed as head of Plastic Cards Department at Azer-Turk Bank
- 01/09/2015 Up to 85,000 vehicles involved in compulsory insurance last month
- 01/09/2015 USD falls, RUB and Euro rise in Azerbaijan
- 31/08/2015 New board member of PASHA Bank elected
- 31/08/2015 US dollar and Russian ruble rise, euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 29/08/2015 Fitch affirms Azerbaijan at 'BBB-'; Outlook Stable
- 28/08/2015 Azer-Turk Bank makes next staff change
- 28/08/2015 Bank Technique’s former branch director appointed to Azer-Turk Bank
- 28/08/2015 Composition of Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan’s Supervisory Board made public - EXCLUSİVE
- 28/08/2015 USD, RUB rise, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 27/08/2015 AtaBank Supervisory Board’s member dies
- 27/08/2015 USD, RUB rise, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 26/08/2015 IBA head’s brother quits Bank Technique
- 26/08/2015 One more holding registered in Azerbaijan
- 26/08/2015 USD rises, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 25/08/2015 Ganjabank sees 14% rise in H1 assets
- 25/08/2015 Demirbank gets 13% rise in assets
- 25/08/2015 USD falls, Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 24/08/2015 USD falls in Azerbaijan
- 22/08/2015 Central Bank: Banks’ demand on currency met in Azerbaijan
- 21/08/2015 CBA warns banks to eliminate agiotage in currency market
- 21/08/2015 AXA Group becomes only shareholder of AXA MBASK
- 21/08/2015 Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 20/08/2015 Exchange rate of USD in Turkey exceeds psychological level of 3 lira
- 20/08/2015 USD, RUB fall, Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 18/08/2015 Azerbaijan Central Bank adopts several decisions in order to stimulate decline in interest rate