According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
- 29/05/2015 Moody's upgrades Kapital Bank's rating
- 29/05/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament adopts law on “Execution of state budget of Azerbaijan for 2014”
- 27/05/2015 Central Bank: Switching to bi-currency basket leads to purposeful impact opportunities on multilateral exchange rate of manat against al currencies
- 27/05/2015 Ganjabank gets rise in Q1 assets
- 27/05/2015 Central Bank: Azerbaijan’s economy kept development on the background of complicated processes in the global economy
- 27/05/2015 USD rises, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 26/05/2015 Bank Technique releases statement on reports regarding arrest of its some employees
- 26/05/2015 “Bank VTB (Azerbaijan)” attracts subordinated loan to increase total capital
- 26/05/2015 USD rises, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 25/05/2015 DekaBank gets loss in first quarter
- 25/05/2015 Bank Melli Iran Baku gets 26% rise in assets
- 25/05/2015 PASHA Sigorta to insure BakuBus LLC’s buses
- 25/05/2015 Temiz Sheher increases assets 25%
- 25/05/2015 USD rises, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 23/05/2015 Member of Bank Technique’s Supervisory Board Rauf Aghayev: “Information about my arrest is groundless”
- 22/05/2015 Turanbank gets rise in Q1 assets
- 22/05/2015 Rabitabank gets 20% growth in Q1 assets
- 22/05/2015 Bakielektrikshebeke gets rise in assets
- 22/05/2015 Kapital Bank gets profit last year
- 22/05/2015 USD falls, Euro rises in Azerbaijan
- 21/05/2015 Up to AZN 2 mln insurance premiums collected in Nakhchivan
- 21/05/2015 Over AZN 32 mln loan given Nakhchivan’s population since early 2015
- 21/05/2015 Azerbaijan reduces car import from Georgia 5.8 times year-on-year
- 21/05/2015 Up to AZN 315 mln invested in Nakhchivan’s fixed capital in January-April
- 21/05/2015 USD rises, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 20/05/2015 Azer-Turk Bank gets rise in assets
- 20/05/2015 Ministry of Taxes: Transgeyt LLC avoids tax
- 20/05/2015 Draft law on “Fulfilment of the state budget of the Republic of Azerbaijan for 2014” discussed at Economic Policy Committee of Azerbaijani Parliament
- 20/05/2015 USD rises, Euro sharply falls in Azerbaijan
- 19/05/2015 National Bank of Kazakhstan: Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan are more ready for crisis than regional countries
- 19/05/2015 One third of foreign investments directed to Azerbaijan fixed capital falls to share of Great Britain
- 18/05/2015 IMF: In spite of oil price decline, economic growth rate in Azerbaijan will remain stable in 2015
- 18/05/2015 Baku to host International Insurance Forum in June
- 18/05/2015 Pasha Insurance heads insurance market for premiums
- 18/05/2015 Premiums in casco insurance fall 7%, payments drop 4%
- 18/05/2015 About 70% of insurance market in Azerbaijan formed voluntarily
- 18/05/2015 One quarter of insurance premiums collected by Azerbaijani insurers falls to share of life insurance
- 18/05/2015 Azerbaijan sees 11% rise in insurance market
- 18/05/2015 Budget organizations’ debts for utility and communication services exceed AZN 8 mln
- 18/05/2015 USD falls, Euro rise in Azerbaijan