According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
- 02/09/2014 Azerbaijan Credit Bank sees decline in deposits
- 02/09/2014 Amrahbank gets AZN 4.5 mln profit during 8 months
- 02/09/2014 Demirbank gets 8% rise in assets
- 02/09/2014 Azerbaijan and Iran hold economic consultations
- 02/09/2014 Bank VTB (Azerbaijan) extends branch network
- 01/09/2014 Kapitalbank’s assets reach AZN 1.3 bln
- 01/09/2014 Ganjabank gets rise in overdue credits
- 01/09/2014 EBRD invests $255 mln in Azerbaijan this year
- 28/08/2014 Fitch Ratings: Azerbaijani banks manage fairly well retail credit risks
- 18/08/2014 Amrahbank suspends sale of "FAN CARD" for Galatasaray fans
- 15/08/2014 26 million standard cubic metres of Shah Deniz gas exported daily from Sangachal terminal
- 13/08/2014 Amrahbank introduces new project for football fans
- 04/08/2014 Half of personal savings insured
- 04/08/2014 One more insurer increases authorized capital
- 04/08/2014 IBAR among 1,000 banks of world
- 04/08/2014 CB currency stocks rise 7%
- 01/08/2014 EBRD extends US$ 42 million syndicated loan to Demirbank
- 01/08/2014 Amrahbank congratulates winners of Generous credit campaign
- 01/08/2014 SOFAR: US and EU financial sanctions will not seriously influence Bank VTB’s activity
- 31/07/2014 H1 GS market reaches AZN 4 bln in Azerbaijan
- 31/07/2014 Kovser Bank intends to increase authorized capital to AZN 48 mln
- 31/07/2014 AMF H1 bonds trading rises 2.1 times to AZN 349.5 mln
- 30/07/2014 T-Bills placement results
- 30/07/2014 CB reduces accounting rate again
- 30/07/2014 Zaminbank gets 33% rise in profit
- 30/07/2014 Bank Technique gets decline in number of branches
- 30/07/2014 Smart Start internship program of Bakcell creates opportunities for students and graduates
- 30/07/2014 Results of 38th draw of bearer bonds of “Muganbank” OJSC known
- 30/07/2014 Bank VTB comments on US financial sanction
- 25/07/2014 Amrahbank holds new campaign on money transfer
- 24/07/2014 Ekolizing prepares for AZN 1 mln-bond issue
- 24/07/2014 AccessBank attracts $15 mln
- 24/07/2014 CB notes placement results
- 24/07/2014 Kapital Bank marks 140th anniversary
- 24/07/2014 “Muganbank” OJSC publishes financial figures as of July 1, 2013
- 23/07/2014 Union Lizing prepares for AZN 5 mln-bond issue
- 23/07/2014 AccessBank sees 41% growth in loan portfolio
- 23/07/2014 Exspressbank gets rise in profit
- 23/07/2014 South Gas Corridor prepares for $1.2 bln- bond issue
- 23/07/2014 Depositor won 25000 AZN by Kapital Bank