Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 12.02.2016Privatization of assets necessary for Azerbaijan rather than investors, says president
- 12.02.2016USD falls in Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2016Over 20,000 depositors of Texnikabank to receive compensation worth AZN 123.2 million
- 12.02.2016IBAR’s authorized capital exceeds AZN 1 billion
- 12.02.2016Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover exceeds $7 bln
- 12.02.2016Azerbaijani banks buy over $33M from central bank
- 12.02.2016UK does not recognizes independence of Nagorno Karabakh
- 12.02.2016AG Bank merging with Bank Standard
- 11.02.2016Planned consolidation process between Demirbank and AGBank cancelled
- 11.02.2016USD rises in Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2016USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 10.02.2016Inflation in Azerbaijan made 5.8% last month
- 10.02.2016Ziyad Samadzade welcomes consolidation in banking sector
- 10.02.2016IBAR buys $10M from central bank
- 10.02.2016Deputy Minister: Transfers from oil sector to state budget to decline this year
- 09.02.2016AZN 18.1M paid to Bank of Azerbaijan’s customers, over AZN 317,000 to Ganjabank’s
- 09.02.2016PASHA Yatirim Bankasi increases authorized capital
- 09.02.2016USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 09.02.2016PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary earns about AZN 5 mln
- 09.02.2016Agrarcredit intends to double revenues this year
- 09.02.2016PA official: Central Bank is not a state body
- 09.02.2016Bank Melli Iran Baku ends 2015 with loss
- 09.02.2016Ukraine to reduce export to Azerbaijan by 30% this year
- 08.02.2016Azerbaijan to increase purchase price of tobacco
- 08.02.2016USD rate for Feb. 9 announced
- 08.02.2016Consumer lending makes 39% of provision of crediting in Azerbaijan - ANALYSIS
- 08.02.201666,000 depositors have AZN 79 mln at Texnikabank
- 08.02.2016AZN 150,000 paid to Ganjabank’s 12 depositors
- 08.02.2016United Credit Bank’s depositors to get compensations through Unibank
- 08.02.2016Six Azerbaijani banks buy over $12M from central bank
- 08.02.2016How did devaluation affect credit activity? - ANALYSIS
- 08.02.2016ADIF restores NBC Bank’s certificate
- 08.02.2016Azerbaijan sees growth in number of ATMs
- 08.02.2016SOFAZ preserves its share in VTB
- 08.02.2016USD, Euro fall in Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2016Costs of rail passenger and freight traffic will not be regulated by the state in Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2016Board of Appeal at Economy Ministry established
- 06.02.2016Entrepreneurs to be given certificate of origin in one day
- 06.02.2016President’s aide: Manat activity to soon be restored in Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2016Samir Sharifov: We should economize on every copeck