Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for market share of assets
- 27.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for number of POS-terminals
- 27.05.2016Significant reform process is underway on economic diversification in Azerbaijan – Malena Mard
- 27.05.2016Kredo Bank changes structure of shareholders
- 27.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings
- 26.05.2016Details of proposals submitted to government to increase manat liquidity known - UPDATED
- 26.05.2016Moody’s launches stress-test in eight Azerbaijani banks
- 26.05.2016IBA clears its foreign debt of $700M over course of five months
- 25.05.2016Special edition of "The Business Year: Azerbaijan - 2016" magazine presented
- 25.05.2016Hackers could bring down banks, warns network boss
- 25.05.2016Kapital Bank makes staff changes
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest expenses
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest incomes
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijan’s economy is too dollarized – EBRD President
- 25.05.2016Chinese yuan weakens to 6.5693 against USD
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijan-Switzerland economic ties remain unaffected by oil price decline
- 24.05.2016Azerbaijani president receives EBRD president
- 24.05.2016EBRD to increase investments in Azerbaijan this year
- 24.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 24.05.2016Silk Way Insurance makes staff changes
- 24.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 24.05.2016Moody’s: Several Azerbaijani banks with B3 rating have high risk of default
- 24.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest expenditures
- 24.05.2016Azercredit does not fulfil dividend forecast
- 24.05.2016Moody’s points out conditions for restoration of confidence in manat
- 24.05.2016Baku hosting Moody’s Annual Credit Risk Conference
- 24.05.2016Azerbaijani government will provide support to banking sector - Moody’s
- 24.05.2016AZN 500M of guaranteed loans provided by Central Bank to state organizations are overdue
- 24.05.2016Azerbaijan Investment Company did not pay dividends in last two years
- 23.05.2016IBA triples bad assets
- 23.05.2016Azerbaijani people see 24% decline saving
- 23.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for consumer lending
- 23.05.2016National Nuclear Research Centre sharply increases authorized capital
- 23.05.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for mortgage lending
- 20.05.2016SOFAZ Executive Director meets with IMF delegation
- 20.05.2016Xalg Insurance ends Q1 on loss
- 20.05.2016Bank Eurasia gets profit in January-April
- 20.05.2016IBA’s troubled loans increased due to devaluation - minister
- 20.05.20162016 budget won’t be revised – finance minister
- 20.05.2016Despite oil price decline cut down on revenues, economic reforms helped reduce serious risks – Azerbaijani President