According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
- 27/02/2015 Ziraat Bank leases office in Azerbaijan
- 27/02/2015 USD, Euro fall
- 26/02/2015 ADIF: All deposits with up to 12% placed in banks after August 1, 2013 are insured deposits
- 26/02/2015 All pensioners to get pensions of March till Novruz holiday in Azerbaijan
- 26/02/2015 SSPF chairman: “If exchange rate fluctuation will have any impact on the consumption basket, it will be taken into account in the pension amounts”
- 26/02/2015 USD falls, Euro rises
- 25/02/2015 GDP rises 2% in Nakhchivan
- 25/02/2015 USD and Euro continue to rise
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijan increases maximum limit of interest rates on insured deposits to 12% from 9%
- 24/02/2015 Central Bank cancels licences of 10 currency exchange points of 6 banks
- 24/02/2015 USD rises, Euro falls in Azerbaijan
- 23/02/2015 Over 80% of insurance market in Azerbaijan formed voluntarily
- 23/02/2015 Pasha Insurance heads insurance market for payments
- 23/02/2015 Azerbaijan increases premiums 40%, payments over 30% in life insurance market
- 23/02/2015 Casco insurance continues to fall in Azerbaijan
- 23/02/2015 Azerbaijan-based 14 insurers increase premiums, 12 - decrease
- 23/02/2015 Azerbaijan increases premiums and payments 14% and 36% in non-life insurance
- 23/02/2015 Azerbaijan sees 3% rise in insurance market
- 23/02/2015 Central Bank: Official rate of dollar to manat (AZN) will be $1 / 1.05 AZN till February 24
- 22/02/2015 Some commercial banks in Azerbaijan presented exchange rates
- 21/02/2015 Ministry: Control tightened to prevent artificially high prices due to change in Manat exchange rate
- 21/02/2015 Euro exchange rate in Azerbaijan soars to 1.1950 manat
- 21/02/2015 Dollar exchange rate in Azerbaijan rises to 1.05 manat - UPDATED
- 20/02/2015 Catering turnover rises about 15% in Azerbaijan
- 20/02/2015 Azerbaijan gets about 10% rise in consumer market
- 20/02/2015 Exchange rate of manat against USD falls
- 19/02/2015 MP: “No serious decline will be observed in exchange rate of manat this year”
- 19/02/2015 USD, Euro continue to go up in Azerbaijan
- 18/02/2015 Azerbaijan foreign trade operations reach $2 bln in January
- 18/02/2015 Azerbaijan sees 7% rise in budget transfers from customs agencies in 2014
- 18/02/2015 Bank of Baku gets over AZN 50 mln profit in 2014
- 18/02/2015 Azerbaijan’s external public debt/GDP ratio makes 8.6%
- 18/02/2015 Azerbaijan’s manat falls 0.09% in last three days
- 18/02/2015 The central bank ordered commercial banks in connection with full conversion of deposits
- 17/02/2015 Chairman of the Central Bank: "There is no reason for a sharp devaluation in Azerbaijan"
- 17/02/2015 Elman Rustamov: “There is no any factor for long-term weakening of manat”
- 17/02/2015 ADB: Change of Azerbaijan’s exchange rate policy will influence our forecasts
- 17/02/2015 IBA-Georgia gets rise in assets
- 17/02/2015 Azerbaijan’s manat falls 0.06% in last two days
- 16/02/2015 Azerbaijan’s manat starts to go down compared to dollar