Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. The US supplied the combat engineer units of the Defense Ministry of Armenia with mine detectors. APA reports quoting Armenian websites that the number of the mine detectors, presented by the US to the armed forces of this country, was not announced, but it is reported that they are RECON PRO model produced by “Garret” company.
The detectors were given to Armenian Defense Ministry by Kansas Army National Guard.
Previously, statements were issued on presenting Armenia with metal detectors produced by the German “Vallon” company to Armenia.
For information, the United States banned the sale of military products to Armenia and Azerbaijan, referring to the current conflict. In this case, the equipment of the forces participated in international peacekeeping operations is an exception. The military equipment presented to the sappers of Armenian armed forces arises a question for what purposes these detectors will be used - humanitarian or military.
Note that the United States provided assistance to Azerbaijan in mine clearing operations. These assistances were provided to the Azerbaijan National Agency for Mine Action (ANAMA) for humanitarian purposes, without taking part in any form in the military operations. The similar structure, established in Armenia in early 2000, halted its operations, because of failure.
- 02/07/2015 Zakir Hasanov: "Azerbaijan has always shown a firm stance against terrorism and separatism"
- 02/07/2015 Azerbaijani defense minister meets Lithuanian PM - PHOTO
- 02/07/2015 4,220,998 square meters cleared of landmines and UXOs in June
- 02/07/2015 Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Armenians violated ceasefire 82 times in a day
- 01/07/2015 Azerbaijani, Lithuanian defense ministers meet in Vilnius - PHOTO
- 01/07/2015 Azerbaijani Defense Minister leaves for official visit to Latvia and Lithuania
- 01/07/2015 Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan 738 times in June
- 01/07/2015 Minister: Azerbaijani president’s remarks “Let they get away from our lands. If an Armenian soldier doesn't want to die, let him not go to Aghdam, Fuzuli” – order for armed forces - PHOTO
- 01/07/2015 Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 71 times in a day
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Armenians violate ceasefire 73 times
- 29/06/2015 Azerbaijan establishes new training range - PHOTOSESSION
- 29/06/2015 Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 71 times in a day
- 28/06/2015 Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Armenians violate ceasefire 85 times
- 26/06/2015 Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Armenians violate ceasefire 87 times
- 26/06/2015 97 years passed since building of Azerbaijani Army - VİDEO
- 26/06/2015 97 years pass since building of Azerbaijani Army
- 25/06/2015 No outside force able to impose its will on Azerbaijan, president says
- 25/06/2015 Azerbaijani army among world’s strongest armies – President Aliyev
- 25/06/2015 Bodies of missing Azerbaijani servicemen returned on international border between countries
- 25/06/2015 Two missing Azerbaijani servicemen found dead
- 25/06/2015 Azerbaijani president attends opening of naval base - PHOTO
- 25/06/2015 Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 84 times in a day
- 24/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on servicemen of Armed Forces
- 24/06/2015 Azerbaijan has so far signed military cooperation documents with 34 countries – minister
- 24/06/2015 ICRC initiates dialogue between parties to find missing Azerbaijani servicemen
- 24/06/2015 Azerbaijan well aware of situation in occupied territories, says defense minister
- 24/06/2015 Only solution to conflict is complete and unconditional withdrawal of Armenian armed forces from occupied Azerbaijani territories – defense minister
- 24/06/2015 Azerbaijan working on purchase of military equipment and their inclusion into inventory, defense minister says
- 24/06/2015 Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times in a day
- 23/06/2015 Two servicemen of Azerbaijani Army go missing
- 23/06/2015 Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 83 times in a day
- 22/06/2015 Armenian armed units violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 92 times
- 21/06/2015 Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Armenians violate ceasefire 94 times
- 20/06/2015 Armenian armed units fire on Azerbaijani positions over 100 times
- 19/06/2015 Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 80 times in a day
- 18/06/2015 Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 76 times in a day
- 17/06/2015 OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops ends without incident
- 17/06/2015 Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Armenians violate ceasefire 88 times
- 16/06/2015 OSCE to conduct monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 16/06/2015 Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 82 times in a day