US presents Armenia with modern mine detectors
Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. The US supplied the combat engineer units of the Defense Ministry of Armenia with mine detectors. APA reports quoting Armenian websites that the number of the mine detectors, presented by the US to the armed forces of this country, was not announced, but it is reported that they are RECON PRO model produced by “Garret” company.
The detectors were given to Armenian Defense Ministry by Kansas Army National Guard.
Previously, statements were issued on presenting Armenia with metal detectors produced by the German “Vallon” company to Armenia.
For information, the United States banned the sale of military products to Armenia and Azerbaijan, referring to the current conflict. In this case, the equipment of the forces participated in international peacekeeping operations is an exception. The military equipment presented to the sappers of Armenian armed forces arises a question for what purposes these detectors will be used - humanitarian or military.
Note that the United States provided assistance to Azerbaijan in mine clearing operations. These assistances were provided to the Azerbaijan National Agency for Mine Action (ANAMA) for humanitarian purposes, without taking part in any form in the military operations. The similar structure, established in Armenia in early 2000, halted its operations, because of failure.
- 06.05.2016Azerbaijani army inflicts 117 retaliatory strikes on Armenian positions
- 05.05.2016Azerbaijan, Turkey discuss development prospects of military cooperation
- 05.05.2016Reserve colonel: No one in Nagorno-Karabakh to join self-defense units
- 05.05.2016Azerbaijani Defense Ministry appeals to those wishing to reenlist
- 05.05.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 04.05.2016Azerbaijan creating additional ammo reserves
- 04.05.2016Russia selling to Armenia outdated military equipment on credit, says Azerbaijan
- 04.05.2016Martyred Azerbaijani soldier laid to rest
- 04.05.2016Azerbaijani military officer: After clearing mined areas without losses, we transported military equipment to rear of enemy positions
- 04.05.2016Azerbaijan clarifies reports on declaration of mobilization
- 04.05.2016Azerbaijani army inflicts 121 retaliatory strikes on Armenian positions
- 03.05.2016Azerbaijani military serviceman martyred
- 03.05.2016Azerbaijan Armed Forces Officer: "We are ready to fight, fighting spirit is very high"
- 03.05.2016Azerbaijani military officer: I destroyed 12 armed vehicles of enemy
- 03.05.2016Azerbaijani, Slovenian Armed Forces holding joint event
- 03.05.2016Armenian soldiers’ bodies not decapitated or desecrated, says Azerbaijan
- 03.05.2016Reserve Lt Gen: Iran’s military assistance to Azerbaijan 'indispensable'
- 03.05.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 02.05.2016Armenian armed forces violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan 3,597 times in April
- 02.05.2016Azerbaijani armed forces inflict 114 strikes on Armenian positions
- 30.04.2016Azerbaijani, Slovenian armed forces hold ‘exchange of lecturers’ event
- 30.04.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 128 times
- 29.04.2016Situation on contact line stable – Azerbaijani defense ministry
- 29.04.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 28.04.2016Azerbaijani peacekeepers return home from Afghanistan
- 28.04.2016Footage released by Armenia fake – Azerbaijani Defense Ministry
- 28.04.2016Azerbaijani Navy holds exercises
- 28.04.2016Armenian army targeting civilians – Azerbaijani Defense Ministry
- 28.04.2016Azerbaijani army inflicts 121 retaliatory strikes on Armenian positions
- 28.04.2016Armenia continues shelling Azerbaijan's districts
- 27.04.2016Defense minister holds meeting with officers on frontline
- 27.04.2016None of Azerbaijani servicemen wounded in recent fighting died – MOD main medical department
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijani defense minister visits frontline units
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijan doing everything possible to rebuff Armenian provocation – deputy defense minister
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijani defense minister visits mobile field hospital on frontline
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijan warns of retaliation if Armenia continues shelling settlements
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijani army suffered no losses – Defense Ministry
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijan represented at Moscow Int’l Security Conference
- 27.04.2016Armenian army using ammunition prohibited by int’l conventions, says Azerbaijan
- 27.04.2016Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times using mortars, machine guns and artillery systems