Ziyafat Asgarov: If separatism in Karabakh had been prevented earlier, there would not be Kurdish, Catalan crises
Azerbaijan is ready to liberate its occupied territories by military means at any time, which is in line with both Azerbaijan’s legislation and the UN Charter, Ziyafat Asgarov, First Vice-Speaker of the Azerbaijani Parliament, Chairman of the parliament’s Committee on Defense, Security and Anti-Corruption, said in an interview with APA.
“We can not reconcile with the occupation of our lands,” Asgarov said noting that ‘the time will come, and everyone will understand everything.’
Commenting on the harsh rhetoric of Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan, the vice-speaker said that person will never be able to threaten Azerbaijan.
“Sargsyan will never be able to threaten Azerbaijan because he is a very coward person, at the same time, committed many crimes. It's just that he has such a manner of speaking. He knows how strong Azerbaijan is. Sargsyan will soon be brought to justice for the crimes committed. You’ll see,” stressed Asgarov.
“They come on a trip and leave with no result. The Minsk Group must have the courage to say that Armenia is an invader and Azerbaijan has suffered occupation. False statements are being made. They say that the Nagorno-Karabakh problem is a very complicated problem which requires some time. There is nothing complicated with it. The co-chairs of the Minsk Group are the ones who are complicating the Nagorno-Karabakh issue. Everyone needs to be called by their own name,” the vice-speaker said.
“Europe’s territorial integrity is being threatened by separatism. Europe is now experiencing the painful consequences of a wrong policy it once pursued,” he said.
Related news releases
- 22.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.10.2017Two Armenian soldiers die in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia, which destroys mosques, can never be a friend of Muslim states
- 19.10.2017Baku: 'Armenian leadership had better read UNSC resolutions on Karabakh'
- 19.10.2017Foreign Ministry: Issue of American showman’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh under investigation
- 18.10.2017Armenians attempt provocation at int’l festival in Sochi
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani State Commission informed of Shahbaz Guliyev’s relocation to Yerevan and return
- 17.10.2017OSCE Chairmanship welcomes fresh commitment by Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 17.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Sargsyan does not want to give up his habit of derailing talks
- 17.10.2017UN Secretary General welcomes summit between Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 16.10.2017Sargsyan: We agreed to take measures to further reduce tension on front line
- 16.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs will hold working sessions with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in near future
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents hold one-on meeting in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents meet in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet today
- 15.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 12.10.2017Meeting between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia to be held in Geneva next week
- 12.10.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s attempts to disrupt Karabakh talks failed - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017EU supports efforts towards Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 05.10.2017Armenians appeal to Russian Investigative Committee over historian Kuznetsov’s interviews to APA Information Agency
- 05.10.2017Armenian media distorts Czech Senate president’s remarks about Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 04.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 03.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Baku on Oct. 7
- 03.10.2017Ukraine committed to supporting Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – FM
- 02.10.2017“Catalonia referendum was one of events that were huge support to Azerbaijan in respect of Karabakh problem”
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 25th anniversary of Khojavand occupation by Armenia
- 02.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region this week
- 01.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 30.09.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 30.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.09.2017Turkish Foreign Ministry: "The visit of Turkish citizens to Nagorno-Karabakh was not coordinated with state bodies"
- 06.10.2017Book “Children – Innocent Victims of War” published in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs arrives in Baku
- 08.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 06.10.2017Organization of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting discussed in Yerevan
- 06.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM
- 06.10.2017Georgian Parl’t: No real int’l mediation for Karabakh conflict settlement