“We will not leave our homes” - REPORTAGE FROM THE FRONTLINE VILLAGE
The situation on the frontline deteriorated again. Attempts by the Armenian Armed Forces units to attack the positions of Azerbaijani Army on all fronts were strongly suppressed.
The enemy, in order to somehow cover up their failure, spreading false information that the Azerbaijani population living at the frontline villages allegedly all in all leave the territory.
APA TV's camera crew visited the frontline village of Garadagli, Aghdam. The village has a population of 5,000 people seriously injured during the April fighting. After the reconstruction of homes destroyed by Armenian artillery, all the villagers, as one, they returned to their homes.
The representative of the Garadagli village EP Arzu Muradov not surprised by the latest actions of the enemy: “This is the true face of our treacherous neighbors. Use of weapons against the civilian population is not acceptable by any law. But, despite that, we're always ready for such things. And we lived it in April last year. More than 200 houses of our village damaged, and some wounded”.
A resident of the village Rahbar Mammadov said people believes in Head of State and power of the army: “I am a resident Garadagli, and now live here. We believe in our army and our president. We will not retreat a single step”.
Agdam region Deputy Chief Executive Power Zulfi Gasimov said that all district structures work in emergency mode. “In recent days Armenians violate ceasefire periodically seriously aggravate the situation. All employees of the EP actively work with population, conduct the necessary conversations, interested in their problems. "
Currently the situation on the front line, relative calm.
Related news releases
- 14.12.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani serviceman killed in Armenian ceasefire violation
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia, which destroyed sacred mosques, cannot be a friend of Muslim countries
- 12.12.2017France ambassador to Armenia: Karabakh conflict not “frozen”
- 11.12.2017Lukashevich: 2017 best remembered for resumption of Karabakh peace talks
- 11.12.2017Foreign diplomats hail work done in Azerbaijan to improve IDPs’ living conditions – Hikmat Hajiyev
- 11.12.2017American researcher: Territorial integrity, sovereignty of states must be respected
- 11.12.2017France will continue to work towards Karabakh conflict settlement – envoy
- 11.12.2017Foreign diplomats in Azerbaijan, journalists, heads of int’l organizations visit Tartar district
- 10.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 115 times
- 09.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2017Armenian army opens fire at village in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
- 08.12.2017Lavrov: Work underway to increase number of OSCE observers for Karabakh conflict
- 08.12.2017Direct dialogue over Karabakh settlement doesn’t produce any visible progress, says Russian FM
- 08.12.2017Lavrov: December 7 statement affirms principles for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov: “Certain forces in the region are not interested in changing status-quo”
- 07.12.2017Co-chair countries issue joint statement on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Baku supports dialogue between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 07.12.2017Ukrainian FM calls for increased efforts to settle conflicts on territories of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Moldova
- 07.12.2017U.S. supports Minsk Group efforts to find solution to Karabakh conflict – Tillerson
- 07.12.2017OSCE PA President: Increasingly intense hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh cause deep concern
- 07.12.2017Foreign Ministry: Next meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian Foreign Ministers in January
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani FM meets OSCE MG Co-Chairs in Vienna
- 06.12.2017Armenian FM meets OSCE MG co-chairs in Vienna
- 06.12.2017European Court of Human Rights to deliver new judgment in case of Chiragov and others v. Armenia
- 06.12.2017Armenia conducts military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani parl’t deputy speaker highlights illicit drug trafficking in Nagorno-Karabakh at int’l conference in Moscow
- 03.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 01.12.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,700 times in November
- 01.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed
- 30.11.2017ANAMA carries out cleaning in area selected for new irrigation canal in Jabrayil district
- 30.11.2017Historian Kuznetsov: Threat of ‘Armenian terrorism’ on the rise in Russia
- 30.11.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey continues efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 29.11.2017Turkish FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Ankara
- 29.11.2017FM: Costa Rica supports peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 29.11.2017Armenia again launches military exercises in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands
- 28.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: EaP summit declaration reaffirms support for territorial integrity of member countries
- 28.11.2017Armenian historian: Karabakh – integral, unique part of Azerbaijan
- 28.11.2017Armenia hands over body of Azerbaijani soldier
- 28.11.2017Artur Agajanov: People-to-people diplomacy plays leading role in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 26.02.2017Turkish parliament speaker marks 1992 Khojaly massacre
- 26.02.2017Nationwide march held in Baku to commemorate 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide
- 26.02.2017Azerbaijani president pays tribute to Khojaly genocide victims
- 26.02.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide
- 25.02.2017MP: “An adequate response given to the enemy this time”
- 25.02.2017Vice-Speaker of the Azerbaijani Parliament: "Military provocations became key tool for Armenia"