UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
The Nagorno-Karabakh issue is a bleeding wound, and all nations, as well as organizations such as the United Nations and the OSCE recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position regarding this issue, Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said in an exclusive interview with APA.
“They pretend to be trying to resolve it but there is no progress,” the Turkish prime minister noted.
Yildirim said that 20 percent of Azerbaijani territories were occupied and a million people were expelled from their native lands.
"Of course, this situation cannot continue. No one would want it. Members of the Azerbaijani and Georgian parliament were recently in Turkey. An official exhibition was held in connection with the anniversary of the Khojaly massacre. There is a lesson to learn from this. That barbaric massacre cannot be forgotten,” he said. “We are convinced that the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Azerbaijan’s just cause, will sooner or later be resolved in the most successful way.”
Yildirim emphasized that Nagorno-Karabakh is part of Azerbaijan. “Everyone accepts this. Sooner or later, a legal solution will be found,” he added.
The prime minister said that Turkey always stands by Azerbaijan.
"The settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh issue does not mean the settlement of an issue between Azerbaijan and Armenia. Rather this is a crucial issue for regional stability and security,” Yildirim added.
Related news releases
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Those responsible for Khojaly genocide still enjoy impunity
- 27.02.2018Requiem concert dedicated to Khojaly genocide held in Amsterdam
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by Rossiya-24 correspondent
- 26.02.2018Russian lawmaker urges world community to condemn Khojaly genocide
- 26.02.2018Film on Khojaly genocide screened on California’s TV channels
- 26.02.2018Turkish Foreign Ministry strongly condemns Khojaly massacre
- 26.02.2018Khojaly commemorative event held in Chicago
- 26.02.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 26th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide
- 25.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 114 times
- 24.02.2018Exhibition of "The voice of Karabakh" paintings and literary-artistic event held
- 24.02.2018Azerbaijani FM and General Prosecutor’s Office: Armenia bears responsibility for Khojaly genocide
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani MP: Application of law on humanization of punishments can be assessed as an amnesty
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Russian citizen from ‘blacklist’
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts