Rafael Isakhanian removed as co-chair and member of Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform
On December 25, 2017, the Steering Committee of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform held a meeting.
At the meeting, which was held in accordance with paragraph 6.9.4 of the Charter of the Civil Peace Platform, the Co-Chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform Rovshan Rzayev presented the agenda to the Steering Committee, the Platform’s press service told APA.
The first issue of the agenda was the change of the head of the Civil Peace Platform’s Secretariat. As the head of the Secretariat Orkhan Nabiyev continued his education abroad, his request for his dismissal from that position and his inclusion to the Council of Experts was discussed.
The candidature of Dilara Afandiyeva, the employee of the Azerbaijan Society for the Protection of the Rights of Women named after D. Aliyeva, was suggested as a new coordinator of the Civil Peace Platform’s Secretariat. After the discussions, there were made decisions regarding dismissal of Orkhan Nabiyev and appointing Dilara Efendiyeva as coordinator of the Secretariat of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform.
The second issue on the agenda were the amendments and additions by the Armenian Co-chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform Rafael Isakhanian proposed for the Charter adopted on 30 October 2017 in Tbilisi and his actions during his co-chairmanship which were contrary to the principles of the Civil Peace Platform were discussed widely. It was stated during discussion that, according to the Article 6.5 of the Charter, amendments and additions may only be made during the General Assembly of the Civil Peace Platform. It was also noted that, according to Article 5.10 of the Charter, membership of any member of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform should be denied when he/she violates the name, goals and principles of the Civil Peace Platform.
Co-chair of the Platform Rovshan Rzayev, asked the Steering Committee to express its view on the issue of termination of Mr. Isakhanian’s membership because he violated the clause of the Charter. The situation and the presented facts were discussed in detail and Rafael Isakhanian was removed as co-chair and member of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform.
Artur Agajanov, a member of the Steering Committee, was nominated as the new co-chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform. Mr. Agajanov's candidacy was discussed and he was elected as the new co-chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform’s Steering Committee. Members of the Board wished Mr. Agajanov success in his future activities.
Later, the Steering Committee accepted the new members to the Platform and, in accordance with the final decision of the General Assembly, discussed the main directions for the year of 2018.
In the end, the Steering Committee of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform congratulated its member countries on the occasion of Christmas and the upcoming New Year 2018.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 93 times
- 21.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 82 times
- 19.07.2018Björn Rahm: ICRC regularly visits persons detained in relation to conflict
- 19.07.2018Prince of Jordan visits Jojug Marjanli
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets with personal representative of OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
- 18.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Italy will support Karabakh conflict settlement during its OSCE chairmanship
- 18.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan confident Italy will play active role in resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 16.07.2018U.S. State Department in talks with Turkey to sell Patriot system
- 15.07.2018The provocation of the reconnaissance-sabotage group of Armenia was suppressed on the state border - PHOTO
- 15.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 87 times
- 14.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 13.07.2018Nikol Pashinyan: No talk on meeting with Azerbaijani president at the moment
- 12.07.2018Hajiyev: Azerbaijan recommends that Armenian leadership finally come to senses, comprehend realities
- 12.07.2018Moscow: Azerbaijan, Armenia fail to decide on increasing number of int’l observers in conflict zone
- 12.07.2018OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement following meeting with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 12.07.2018Mogherini called for negotiations on Nagorno Karabakh without preconditions
- 12.07.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: “The meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs lasted about 4 hours”
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs meet it Brussels
- 11.07.2018Elmar Mammadyarov meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 11.07.2018ICRC meets with Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018UNSC has not adopted resolutions on organization of military tribunals despite Armenia’s war crimes – Baku
- 11.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan's son’s military service in Nagorno-Karabakh has became a political show
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to take all necessary measures to release Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan says supports intensive, substantive talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey always supports Azerbaijan in Karabakh problem
- 10.07.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 10.07.2018OSCE reps meet with deputy head of Aghdam district executive authority
- 10.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 81 times
- 09.07.2018Talks on Karabakh conflict settlement must be continued in existing format: Azerbaijani MFA
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani FM: If Armenia’s new gov’t follow Sargsyan regime’s path, they’ll meet the same fate
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on July 11 - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 08.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 07.07.2018Armenians set fire in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands again
- 07.07.2018Armenian FM: Meeting with Azerbaijan FM planned for near future
- 06.07.2018Patrushev: Russia supports phased and peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 06.07.2018Igor Popov: Date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting may be announced soon
- 06.07.2018Baku: Armenia’s attempts to artificially maintain status quo are fraught with serious complications
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani MFA issues statement on anniversary of tragic Alkhanli events
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijan removes Russian photographer from “black list”
- 27.12.2017Russia welcomes activation of negotiation process on Karabakh settlement – deputy FM
- 28.12.201726 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Khankendi
- 24.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 139 times
- 23.12.2017Rapprochement of Russia, Iran, Turkey can contribute to resolve Karabakh conflict – Russian political scientist
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EaP summit declaration’s provision on territorial integrity and sovereignty is of great importance