President Ilham Aliyev gives instructions to provide Azerbaijani national hero’s family with housing
The family members of Azerbaijan’s National Hero Chingiz Gurbanov have been provided with an apartment in Baku under the instructions of the country’s President Ilham Aliyev.
President Ilham Aliyev has instructed the relevant state agencies to strengthen social security of the national hero’s family members, provide them with a three-room apartment in Baku and carry out repair work in that apartment, APA reported.
In addition, a private house will be built for Chingiz Gurbanov’s family in a plot of land allocated in the Gusar district.
Azerbaijani soldier Chingiz Gurbanov was killed while preventing the provocation staged by an Armenia reconnaissance-subversive group at the Azerbaijani-Armenian border on December 29, 2016.
The body of soldier Chingiz Gurbanov was transferred to Azerbaijan on 5 February 2017, thanks to the necessary measures taken by relevant state agencies in cooperation with international organizations under the instruction of President of Azerbaijan, Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev. The martyred soldier was laid to rest in the Alley of Martyrs in his hometown of Gusar on Feburary 6.
On February 7, President Ilham Aliyev signed an order conferring the title of National Hero of Azerbaijan upon soldier Chingiz Salman Gurbanov posthumously for his special services in protection of Azerbaijan's territorial integrity and bravery shown while performing a combat mission.
On February 9, the head of state met with the family members of National Hero Chingiz Gurbanov.
The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict entered its modern phase when the Armenian SRR made territorial claims against the Azerbaijani SSR in 1988.
A fierce war broke out between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. As a result of the war, Armenian armed forces occupied some 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory which includes Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent districts (Lachin, Kalbajar, Aghdam, Fuzuli, Jabrayil, Gubadli and Zangilan), and over a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced people.
The military operations finally came to an end when Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire agreement in Bishkek in 1994.
Dealing with the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the OSCE Minsk Group, which was created after the meeting of the CSCE (OSCE after the Budapest summit held in Dec.1994) Ministerial Council in Helsinki on 24 March 1992. The Group’s members include Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, the United States, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Belarus, Finland and Sweden.
Besides, the OSCE Minsk Group has a co-chairmanship institution, comprised of Russian, the US and French co-chairs, which began operating in 1996.
Resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884 of the UN Security Council, which were passed in short intervals in 1993, and other resolutions adopted by the UN General Assembly, PACE, OSCE, OIC, and other organizations require Armenia to unconditionally withdraw its troops from Nagorno-Karabakh.
Related news releases
- 24.09.2017The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group release statement on the meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs
- 24.09.2017Substantial negotiations on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement discussed in New York - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 23.09.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with OSCE Minsk Group Co-chairs - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with co-chairs today
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan says Armenian FM tries to portray Minsk Group co-chairs as ‘tourists’ or ‘event organizers’
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan declares US congressmen persona non grata
- 22.09.2017Armenians again set fire to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 22.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally to protest Armenian MPs’ visit to Baku
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on Sept. 23
- 21.09.2017Peace Platform congratulates Armenian, Azerbaijani peoples on Int’l Peace Day
- 21.09.2017Armenian MFA and MoD differ on idea of returning part of occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 21.09.2017Deputy PM: Peoples of Azerbaijan, Armenia tired of Karabakh conflict
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev calls Armenia ‘occupier’ at UN
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan says US congressmen’s illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh is being investigated
- 20.09.2017EU says it’s closely following Karabakh settlement process
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia tries to associate other countries with illegal occupation
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan urges OIC countries to limit all forms of co-op with Armenia
- 20.09.2017OIC Contact Group mulls Armenia’s aggression against Azerbaijan at UN
- 20.09.2017Turkish president: “We need to work harder for the resolution of Nagorno Garabakh” - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs expected to meet on Sept. 23 - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017US co-chair says he hopes meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs will create a basis for presidents’ meeting
- 18.09.2017ICRC: Issue of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev in spotlight
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan says it will never allow another Armenian state to be created in its sovereign territory
- 17.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 16.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 148 times
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan’s painful Karabakh problem is also Turkey’s problem – envoy
- 15.09.2017"France always sensitive about Karabakh conflict settlement process"
- 14.09.2017MP: Important to establish dialogue between Azerbaijani, Armenian youth within CIS
- 14.09.2017Farhad Badalbayli: Creation of OSCE Minsk Group was ‘biggest mistake’
- 14.09.2017Russian expert believes Karabakh conflict hinders strengthening of Moscow-Baku co-op
- 13.09.2017Turkish envoy: April battles showed what Azerbaijan is capable of doing
- 10.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 96 times
- 09.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade: “We offered to hold meeting of religious leaders on the Azerbaijan-Armenia border” - INTERVIEW
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Karabakh conflict ‘a major threat’ to regional peace, security
- 08.09.2017Patriarch Kirill: Current situation on Karabakh conflict cannot be considered acceptable
- 08.09.2017Armenians again set fire to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 08.09.2017US to allocate $1.5 mln for demining operations in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 06.09.2017Armenians resort to provocation against Azerbaijan at int’l book fair in Moscow
- 15.02.2017Foreign diplomats, heads of int'l organizations visit Azerbaijan’s liberated village - UPDATED
- 15.02.2017Australian senator addresses parliament on Khojaly tragedy
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan soon to start construction of new settlement in liberated village
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijani FM, OSCE MG co-chairs to meet in Munich
- 15.02.2017Russian, Armenian FMs to discuss Karabakh settlement
- 14.02.2017"Referendum” in occupied Azerbaijani territories has no legal effect: MFA