President Ilham Aliyev gives instructions to provide Azerbaijani national hero’s family with housing
The family members of Azerbaijan’s National Hero Chingiz Gurbanov have been provided with an apartment in Baku under the instructions of the country’s President Ilham Aliyev.
President Ilham Aliyev has instructed the relevant state agencies to strengthen social security of the national hero’s family members, provide them with a three-room apartment in Baku and carry out repair work in that apartment, APA reported.
In addition, a private house will be built for Chingiz Gurbanov’s family in a plot of land allocated in the Gusar district.
Azerbaijani soldier Chingiz Gurbanov was killed while preventing the provocation staged by an Armenia reconnaissance-subversive group at the Azerbaijani-Armenian border on December 29, 2016.
The body of soldier Chingiz Gurbanov was transferred to Azerbaijan on 5 February 2017, thanks to the necessary measures taken by relevant state agencies in cooperation with international organizations under the instruction of President of Azerbaijan, Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev. The martyred soldier was laid to rest in the Alley of Martyrs in his hometown of Gusar on Feburary 6.
On February 7, President Ilham Aliyev signed an order conferring the title of National Hero of Azerbaijan upon soldier Chingiz Salman Gurbanov posthumously for his special services in protection of Azerbaijan's territorial integrity and bravery shown while performing a combat mission.
On February 9, the head of state met with the family members of National Hero Chingiz Gurbanov.
The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict entered its modern phase when the Armenian SRR made territorial claims against the Azerbaijani SSR in 1988.
A fierce war broke out between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. As a result of the war, Armenian armed forces occupied some 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory which includes Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent districts (Lachin, Kalbajar, Aghdam, Fuzuli, Jabrayil, Gubadli and Zangilan), and over a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced people.
The military operations finally came to an end when Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire agreement in Bishkek in 1994.
Dealing with the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the OSCE Minsk Group, which was created after the meeting of the CSCE (OSCE after the Budapest summit held in Dec.1994) Ministerial Council in Helsinki on 24 March 1992. The Group’s members include Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, the United States, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Belarus, Finland and Sweden.
Besides, the OSCE Minsk Group has a co-chairmanship institution, comprised of Russian, the US and French co-chairs, which began operating in 1996.
Resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884 of the UN Security Council, which were passed in short intervals in 1993, and other resolutions adopted by the UN General Assembly, PACE, OSCE, OIC, and other organizations require Armenia to unconditionally withdraw its troops from Nagorno-Karabakh.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani MP: Application of law on humanization of punishments can be assessed as an amnesty
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Russian citizen from ‘blacklist’
- 23.02.2018U.S. has always been committed to Karabakh conflict settlement process – envoy
- 23.02.2018Khojaly – one of most terrible events of 20th century, says U.S. envoy
- 23.02.2018European Parliament preparing statement on Khojaly genocide
- 23.02.2018US congressman makes a statement in connection with the anniversary of the 20 January and Khojaly tragedy
- 22.02.2018Vigenin proposes abolishing position of OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus
- 22.02.2018Armenian soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Vigenin: Int’l community has switched its ambition on Nagorno-Karabakh to simply avoiding war, which must be reversed
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special representative criticizes Minsk Group co-chairs
- 22.02.2018Baku reacts to Armenian foreign minister’s statement
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says int’l tribunal needed to prosecute perpetrators of crimes in Khojaly and Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says Sumgayit events were ‘deliberate provocation’
- 21.02.2018U.S. continuing its role as OSCE MG co-chair shows its commitment to resolving Karabakh conflict, envoy says
- 21.02.2018OSCE can increase frequency of monitoring exercises in front line areas
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan puts EAFJD head on Interpol wanted list for illegally visiting its occupied lands
- 21.02.2018U.S. doing its utmost to help settle Karabakh conflict – envoy
- 20.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Dialogue must be established between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA comments on Armenian president’s congratulatory message to illegal regime in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Erdogan: One of greatest atrocities in human history happened in Khojaly
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister: War may break out at any time
- 19.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 17.02.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 26th anniversary of Garadaghli massacre
- 15.02.2018Moscow says hopes for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.02.2018Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan can be exchanged for Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev – State Commission
- 14.02.2018MFA: Armenia must finally understand that occupation of Azerbaijani lands will never produce desired political outcome
- 14.02.2018Russian musician off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018US Intelligence: Tension over Karabakh could develop into large-scale conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 12.02.2018Bulgaria president: Karabakh conflict can be settled only through peaceful means
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change Nagorno-Karabakh’s demographics ‘gross violation’ of int’l humanitarian law
- 11.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 131 times
- 11.02.201826 years pass since occupation of Malibeyli, Gushchular villages of Azerbaijan’s Shusha
- 09.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meets Armenian president
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ presence in Azerbaijani territories remains major cause of non-settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.02.2018EU: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict a ‘very big challenge’
- 09.02.2018Mogherini: EU supports Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity
- 09.02.2018Baku: Nalbandian’s offensive attitude towards UNSC resolutions shows Armenia’s disrespect for UN Charter
- 15.02.2017Foreign diplomats, heads of int'l organizations visit Azerbaijan’s liberated village - UPDATED
- 15.02.2017Australian senator addresses parliament on Khojaly tragedy
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan soon to start construction of new settlement in liberated village
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijani FM, OSCE MG co-chairs to meet in Munich
- 15.02.2017Russian, Armenian FMs to discuss Karabakh settlement
- 14.02.2017"Referendum” in occupied Azerbaijani territories has no legal effect: MFA