President Ilham Aliyev gives instructions to provide Azerbaijani national hero’s family with housing
The family members of Azerbaijan’s National Hero Chingiz Gurbanov have been provided with an apartment in Baku under the instructions of the country’s President Ilham Aliyev.
President Ilham Aliyev has instructed the relevant state agencies to strengthen social security of the national hero’s family members, provide them with a three-room apartment in Baku and carry out repair work in that apartment, APA reported.
In addition, a private house will be built for Chingiz Gurbanov’s family in a plot of land allocated in the Gusar district.
Azerbaijani soldier Chingiz Gurbanov was killed while preventing the provocation staged by an Armenia reconnaissance-subversive group at the Azerbaijani-Armenian border on December 29, 2016.
The body of soldier Chingiz Gurbanov was transferred to Azerbaijan on 5 February 2017, thanks to the necessary measures taken by relevant state agencies in cooperation with international organizations under the instruction of President of Azerbaijan, Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev. The martyred soldier was laid to rest in the Alley of Martyrs in his hometown of Gusar on Feburary 6.
On February 7, President Ilham Aliyev signed an order conferring the title of National Hero of Azerbaijan upon soldier Chingiz Salman Gurbanov posthumously for his special services in protection of Azerbaijan's territorial integrity and bravery shown while performing a combat mission.
On February 9, the head of state met with the family members of National Hero Chingiz Gurbanov.
The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict entered its modern phase when the Armenian SRR made territorial claims against the Azerbaijani SSR in 1988.
A fierce war broke out between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. As a result of the war, Armenian armed forces occupied some 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory which includes Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent districts (Lachin, Kalbajar, Aghdam, Fuzuli, Jabrayil, Gubadli and Zangilan), and over a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced people.
The military operations finally came to an end when Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire agreement in Bishkek in 1994.
Dealing with the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the OSCE Minsk Group, which was created after the meeting of the CSCE (OSCE after the Budapest summit held in Dec.1994) Ministerial Council in Helsinki on 24 March 1992. The Group’s members include Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, the United States, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Belarus, Finland and Sweden.
Besides, the OSCE Minsk Group has a co-chairmanship institution, comprised of Russian, the US and French co-chairs, which began operating in 1996.
Resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884 of the UN Security Council, which were passed in short intervals in 1993, and other resolutions adopted by the UN General Assembly, PACE, OSCE, OIC, and other organizations require Armenia to unconditionally withdraw its troops from Nagorno-Karabakh.
Related news releases
- 29.03.2017OSCE MG: Respect for ceasefire is of utmost importance for further talks on Karabakh conflict
- 29.03.2017Iran’s stance on territorial integrity of Azerbaijan remains unchanged – Embassy
- 29.03.2017GATA head joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 29.03.2017Popov: Agreement reached to expand Kasprzyk’s office
- 29.03.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 28.03.2017France is ready to host meeting between Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents on its territory
- 28.03.2017Lukashenko: Armenia, Azerbaijan should resolve Karabakh conflict without mediators
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan expresses protest over Iranian musician’s concert in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan appeals to OSCE MG member countries over Sargsyan’s statement
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Moscow
- 27.03.2017OSCE MG co-chairs, Armenian FM mull Karabakh settlement
- 27.03.2017Armenia begins excavations at mosque in occupied Shusha
- 27.03.2017Ukrainian scientist joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 26.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan’s military leadership visits frontline
- 23.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2017Armenian armed forces holding military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 21.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times
- 19.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 136 times
- 18.03.2017Armenia lost hopes and lives with depression – Azerbaijani president
- 18.03.2017Colombian Senate passes decision on 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
- 17.03.2017Ex-presidents express support for Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017Cultural worker from Ukraine joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017PM: April battles – a victorious page of Azerbaijan’s military history
- 17.03.2017Kwasniewski: No chance of progress in Karabakh talks without implementation of UN resolutions
- 17.03.2017Former Kyrgyz PM comments on country’s refusal to sign ECO declaration
- 16.03.2017Moscow says nothing hidden in Karabakh talks
- 16.03.2017Russian political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Change in status quo means liberation of occupied Azerbaijan lands
- 15.03.2017PACE members meet with IDPs
- 15.03.2017Putin: Russia continues to assist in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.03.2017French president urges progress towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2017Georgian professor joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017Books by Lithuanian authors on Armenian aggression presented in Baku
- 15.03.2017Khalaf Khalafov: Armenia encourages relocation of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity cannot be negotiated
- 15.03.2017French President: “The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable”
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani President: “For the first stage, negotiations should be resumed as soon as possible”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict underway in Baku
- 14.03.2017Russian political analyst calls for Khojaly Genocide recognition
- 14.03.2017German MPs adopt Declaration on Khojaly Massacre
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict kicks off in Baku
- 13.03.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian MPs planned to be held in French Senate
- 13.03.2017France respects Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says senator
- 13.03.2017French senator calls for restoration of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity