President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity"
"Construction of new buildings, homes for IDPs will continue. Great attention is paid to this issue," President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev said at the conference dedicated to results of fourth year implementation of the State Program on socio-economic development of regions in 2014-2018, APA reports.
The Head of State noted that up to now, 265,000 IDPs have been provided with new houses and apartments. "Last year, we provided the restoration of Cocuq Marjanli village. This is a historical event. At the same time, a large town built for 1170 families in Shikharkh settlement and for 150 families in Cocuq Marjanli. These projects are of particular importance, because they have been implemented in territories librated from the occupation by our Army."
"The implementation of these projects also shows that Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity and new cities, settlements, villages, schools, dwelling buildings and all infrastructures will be built in these destructed areas. In the case of Cocuq Marjanli and Shikharkh, we show the will of our state, our people. We again show that the Azerbaijani people will never reconcile with the occupation and Azerbaijani IDPs are ready to return their native lands. Today our country's economic and military potential is not a secret, and our main task is to settle the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict in accordance with the norms of international law and within the territorial integrity of our country. This issue should be solved only within the territorial integrity of our country," President Ilham Aliyev said.
The head of state said that 20,000 IDPs will be provided with new houses this year. "Last year, we had 12,000 immigrants. This year, new houses will be given to 4,000 families - at least 20,000 displaced persons. Thus, the number of IDPs to be provided with homes, apartments, and well-being will be around 290,000. But this is the minimum program, if there is possibility within the year, we will increase that number. "
Related news releases
- 27.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "The main issue of our foreign policy is the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani-born Armenian arrives in Baku
- 25.05.2018No discussion yet on date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting – Mammadyarov
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani FM: Proposing Karabakh separatists’ participation in talks means ‘killing’ peace process
- 25.05.2018FM: Azerbaijan ready for good neighborly relations with Armenia after restoration of its territorial integrity
- 24.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani people confident of restoring country’s territorial integrity
- 24.05.2018Trump: Coming months bring opportunities to resolve Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 23.05.2018FM: Armenia to resume Karabakh peace process in near future
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets personal representative of OSCE Chairman-in-Office
- 23.05.2018Russia vows to continue active role in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 23.05.2018ECHR soon to hear case of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia – attorney
- 22.05.2018Baku: Armenia bears int’l legal responsibility for occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 20.05.2018A serviceman of the Azerbaijan Army was killed as a result of another provocation of Armenia
- 20.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 93 times
- 18.05.201826 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Lachin district by Armenia
- 17.05.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region next month
- 17.05.2018Baku: It’s time for Armenian MFA to change ‘same old song’
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on 26th anniversary of occupation of Lachin by Armenia
- 16.05.2018Crisis Group expert: New gov’t in Armenia opens up new opportunities for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 16.05.2018Armenia’s occupation policy hinders peace in region: Azerbaijani parl’t speaker
- 15.05.2018OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs issue statement on Paris meeting
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan reiterates readiness to intensify talks for early settlement of Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 14.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov to discuss Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs
- 14.05.2018FM: Resettlement of Syrian Armenians in occupied Azerbaijani territories ‘unacceptable’
- 14.05.2018Armenia-Azerbaiajn Peace Platform holds meeting
- 13.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 12.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: If Pashinyan does not understand need for fair settlement of conflict, this is beginning of his tragedy
- 12.05.201824 years pass since declaration of ceasefire between Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Tigran Balayan trying to be extra active seeking promotion in new Armenian gov’t
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan slams Pashinyan’s proposal to accept separatist Karabakh regime as party in talks
- 10.05.2018Pashinyan’s statements contradict negotiation principles, says Azerbaijani diplomat
- 10.05.2018Bayram Safarov: Pashinyan will someday regret that he visited Shusha
- 09.05.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: The new Prime Minister of Armenia makes controversial statements about the negotiation process
- 09.05.2018Armenia’s new PM visits occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan allows some foreign media representatives to visit Nagorno-Karabakh
- 08.05.2018Six foreigners attempt to trespass Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan says ready for talks with Azerbaijan on Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.2018“Serzh Sargsyan's resignation was overdue”
- 08.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh is not disputed territory, Azerbaijan says
- 30.01.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The speech of Armenian Foreign Minister is nothing but hypocrisy and false emotions"
- 30.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018France’s Macron says he will visit Nagorno-Karabakh after conflict settlement
- 29.01.2018Alcoholic drink made in Karabakh on sale as Armenian product in Moscow
- 29.01.2018Azerbaijani defense minister visits military units on frontline
- 29.01.2018Azerbaijan to blacklist European Parliament member for illegally visiting its occupied lands