Portuguese charge d'affaires summoned to Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry
Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry has summoned Portugal’s charge d'affaires over the illegal visit of Portuguese parliamentarian Rubina Berardo to the Azerbaijani territories occupied by Armenia, the foreign ministry spokesman, Hikmat Hajiyev, told APA on Monday.
Portuguese MP paid an illegal visit to Azerbaijan’s Nagorno-Karabakh region occupied by Armenia in mid-August and held several meetings there.
The spokesman said that the Azerbaijani side expressed at the meeting its concern over the Portuguese MP’s illegal visit.
The diplomat, in turn, said that the MP’s visit was of a private nature, noting that Portugal’s Foreign Ministry posted on its website a notice urging citizens to refrain from visiting Nagorno-Karabakh, according to Hajiyev.
Portuguese charge d'affaires also assured that he will bring Azerbaijan’s concern to the leadership of his country, added the spokesman.
“Portugal, in accordance with the norms and principles of international law, supports the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan within the internationally recognized borders. Portugal’s foreign minister and other officials reaffirmed this stance during Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov’s visit to this country in November of last year,” said Hajiyev.
Hajiyev urged Armenia to avoid such needless provocative actions and to take constructive steps in accordance with the OSCE Minsk co-chairs’ proposals to contribute to the restoration of lasting peace and stability in the region.
Portuguese MP Rubina Berardo will be blacklisted by Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry, added the spokesman.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017ICRC expresses readiness to facilitate handover of Azerbaijani soldier
- 24.11.2017‘Justice for Khojaly!’ int’l campaign presented in Morocco
- 24.11.2017State Committee: 265 Azerbaijani women went missing during Karabakh conflict
- 24.11.2017“14 Azerbaijani children killed in Armenian terror during ceasefire”
- 23.11.2017Armenian armed forces hold next exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 23.11.2017EU official: Countries affected by conflicts should benefit from EU countries’ experience
- 23.11.2017Zakharova comments on availability of ‘Putin Plan’ for Karabakh settlement
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia wants to keep status-quo for as long as possible
- 23.11.2017Stoltenberg: No military solution to Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 23.11.2017EU supports Minsk Group co-chairs’ efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement, says commissioner
- 23.11.2017Zabelin: Azerbaijan has right to reclaim Karabakh
- 23.11.2017Patriarch Kirill: Religious leaders’ co-op aimed at Karabakh conflict settlement is ‘an example of peacekeeping mission’
- 23.11.2017France does not recognize Nagorno-Karabakh: Foreign Ministry
- 22.11.2017Baku reacts to statement Armenian FM voiced at joint press conference with Russian counterpart
- 22.11.2017Erdogan: Only force that can resolve Karabahk conflict is Russia, Putin
- 22.11.2017Landmine explosion kills 3 Armenian soldiers in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijan summons French envoy over France visit of Karabakh illegal regime’s “head”
- 21.11.2017EU asked not to show different attitudes towards Karabakh and Catalan problems
- 21.11.2017Russian FM: Experience shows Karabakh talks unlikely to end soon
- 21.11.2017Lavrov: Russia will continue efforts to create conditions for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 21.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.11.2017OSCE Secretary General: "We closely monitor the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 20.11.2017Turkish ambassador talks about Erdogan's meeting with Putin
- 20.11.2017UNSC resolutions demanding liberation of Azerbaijani lands under discussion – Russian FM
- 20.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement should be tripled
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: UNSC resolutions to remain in force until implementation
- 20.11.2017Russia will work on peaceful solution acceptable to Karabakh conflict parties – Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Status quo in Karabakh conflict is 'unacceptable and unstable'
- 20.11.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite provocations of Armenia and its patrons, Azerbaijan doesn’t step back from ‘peace course’
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Deadlock in US-Russia ties doesn’t affect cooperation on Karabakh settlement
- 20.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will avenge child victims of Armenian armed provocations
- 20.11.201726 years pass since Armenia shot down military helicopter with Azerbaijani political elite on board
- 19.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 18.11.2017EU Special Representative for South Caucasus to visit Baku
- 18.11.2017Armenia 123 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 17.11.2017Erdogan: "We discussed Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Putin"
- 16.11.2017Armenia continues military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Following Vienna talks, we’ll offer the presidents to meet - INTERVIEW
- 16.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta reacts to reports on alleged U.S. decision to withdraw from OSCE MG chairmanship
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs agree to meet in Vienna next month
- 29.08.2017US formally appoints its new co-chair of OSCE MG
- 29.08.2017Azerbaijan says Amnesty Press correspondent’s visit to Karabakh illegal
- 30.08.2017Armenian MPs to attend Euronest PA conference in Baku - UPDATED
- 27.08.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.08.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG publishes key points of Karabakh conflict settlement
- 23.08.2017UNICEF comments on killing of two-year-old Zahra by Armenians