Petition initiated for recognition of Khojaly Genocide by Russian State Duma
A petition has been initiated for recognition of the Khojaly Genocide by the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation
The petition was initiated by historian Oleg Kuznetsov, who engages in exposing the falsifications of the Armenian history and is the author of numerous studies about the Armenian myth, APA's Moscow correspondent reported.
The petition (accessible at https://www.change.org_medium=copylink) will be sent to the Russian State Duma and the Federation Council.
According to the petition, it was Serzh Sargsyan, the current president of Armenia, then Chief of Staff of all illegal armed units in Nagorno Karabakh and then committee chairman of “self-defense forces” of separatists, who gave an order to commit an act of genocide in Khojaly.
The petition further stresses that the parliaments of Mexico, Turkey, Colombia, Guatemala, Peru, Jordan, Honduras and Djibouti have recognized the Khojaly genocide committed against Azerbaijanis by transnational Armenian terrorism. Pakistan, Sudan, Israel, the Czech Republic, as well as the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) have recognized the Khojaly tragedy as a crime against humanity.
The petition calls on the deputies of Russia’s State Duma to follow the example of their foreign colleagues and recognize the act of genocide committed by Armenian terrorists in the Azerbaijani town of Khojaly on 25-26 February 1992 as a crime against humanity.
On February 25-26, 1992, Armenia’s armed forces, together with the 366th infantry regiment of Soviet troops, stationed in Khankendi, committed an act of genocide against the population of the Azerbaijani town of Khojaly.
As many as 613 people, including 63 children, 106 women and 70 old people were killed as a result of the massacre. A total of 1,000 civilians became disabled in the onslaught. Eight families were completely annihilated, 130 children lost one parent, while 25 lost both parents. Some 1,275 innocent residents were taken hostage, while the fate of 150 people (68 women, 26 children) still remains unknown.
Related news releases
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani FM: UN resolutions are ‘basic documents’ for settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan to appeal to int'l organizations over planned flights from Khojaly airport
- 23.05.2017“Peace Ambassador” of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform from Ukraine appointed
- 23.05.2017Polish magazine dedicates article to Khojaly genocide
- 23.05.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to make proposal in relation to Karabakh conflict
- 23.05.2017Armenians warned over planned anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia’s Kursk
- 22.05.2017McAllister: European Parliament not responsible for some MEPs’ visits to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 20.05.2017German FM: CE monitoring instruments’ should have access to Nagorno-Karabakh and seven surrounding regions
- 20.05.2017Armenian soldier violating ceasefire killed
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijani defense ministry comments on video spread by Armenians
- 19.05.2017Association of European Journalists joins to Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 19.05.2017Baku says OSCE MG co-chairs’ latest statement is ‘symptomatic’ in nature
- 19.05.2017The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group released statement on the recent escalation in Nagorno Karabakh conflict zone
- 18.05.2017Moscow urges Karabakh conflict sides to avoid further escalation
- 18.05.201725 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Lachin district by Armenia
- 17.05.2017OSCE chairman to visit South Caucasus – press officer
- 17.05.2017Russian historian: People believe Russia occupied Karabakh and will never admit it
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani Defense Ministry commented on reports that spread on some media about Armenia possible to shoot the helicopter of Defense Minister
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan approves rules for ensuring security in frontline settlements
- 16.05.2017OSCE PA draft resolution urges Karabakh conflict parties to return to negotiation table
- 15.05.2017OSA missile system of Armenia was destroyed
- 14.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.05.2017OSCE MG co-chairs likely to visit the region in coming months
- 12.05.2017Peace ambassador of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform from Russia appointed
- 12.05.2017Listing of people who went missing during Karabakh conflict almost finished
- 12.05.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform members hold meeting
- 10.05.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform presented at int’l forum in Egypt
- 10.05.2017Hoagland: US should play more active role in Karabakh settlement process
- 10.05.2017Hoagland: US, Russia will continue to cooperate on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia's occupation policy is attack not only on Azerbaijan, but also on historical and cultural heritage of Islam
- 10.05.2017OSCE MG US co-chair calls for serious high-level talks on Karabakh conflict
- 10.05.2017ICRC in Nagorno-Karabakh visits Azerbaijani detainees
- 09.05.2017Ambassador: Belarus supports peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 09.05.2017Three Armenian soldiers drown as a result of accident
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijan removes Spanish journalist from ‘black list’
- 08.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Hope France’s efforts to contribute to fair settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijani MP: Great powers can silence Armenia within hours
- 08.05.2017Occupation of Shusha was part of Armenia’s systematic policy of aggression against Azerbaijan – Foreign Ministry
- 07.05.2017Azerbaijan arrests group of servicemen, civilians involved in conspiracy with Armenian intelligence services
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijan says main cause of incidents is Armenian troops’ presence in Karabakh
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani FM: Talks on Karabakh conflict settlement suspended
- 07.03.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Azerbaijan on March 11 - EXCLUSIVE
- 06.03.2017UK supports talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 06.03.2017Moscow stresses need to reduce mistrust between Armenia, Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2017Azerbaijani FM: Fair solution to Karabakh conflict to lead comprehensive regional development