Peace Platform congratulates Armenian, Azerbaijani peoples on Int’l Peace Day
The Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform has congratulated the peoples of Armenia and Azerbaijani on the International Day of Peace.
From the day mankind was created, history has witnessed the emergence of hatred among people, wars and genocides, the Peace Platform said in a statement.
“In particular, we would like to note that the two major wars that occurred in the twentieth century are the bloodiest pages in history. Yet the past century was also engraved in history as an exceptional century in bringing humanity closer and strengthening solidarity among people,” said the statement.
The statement further noted that the creation of the United Nations on the basis of Universal Human Rights with the purpose of protecting peace and security worldwide, as well as the creation of other unions on the Charter and Principles of the United Nations brought renewed hopes for a better future.
“Along with the invention of weapons of mass destruction, the twentieth century also witnessed the restriction and rejection of their large-scale use. Despite the conflicts and ongoing destabilizing processes in the world, we also see that how the humanity is getting closer to each other in the fields like science, education, culture, development and cooperation, and this process of globalization has destroyed borders, hatred, racism and discrimination. Despite all this, some forces are still interested in world conflicts and wars. Such forces, for a long time, keep the peoples of Armenia and Azerbaijan in mutual hatred and war. Based on their hateful myths and dark past, these forces prevent the two peoples from confidently moving towards a common globalized future.”
“As the Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform, we believe that both countries’ intellectuals, peaceful social and political figures, scientists who closely follow the challenges of the modern era will work for further peaceful co-existence and we are at the forefront of it. We believe that the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict should be settled not on the basis of myth and mysterious history, but in accordance with the UN Charter, Helsinki Final Act and on the norms and principles of international law adopted and recognized by both states. Only the peoples answering the calls of modern times will create a successful and sustainable development and become a part of the united world. The Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform urge the representatives of both nations to make every effort to prevent this conflict from coming to the future generations and take important steps to see the two peoples in peace and cooperation,” the statement said.
Related news releases
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia, which destroys mosques, can never be a friend of Muslim states
- 19.10.2017Baku: 'Armenian leadership had better read UNSC resolutions on Karabakh'
- 19.10.2017Foreign Ministry: Issue of American showman’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh under investigation
- 18.10.2017Armenians attempt provocation at int’l festival in Sochi
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani State Commission informed of Shahbaz Guliyev’s relocation to Yerevan and return
- 17.10.2017OSCE Chairmanship welcomes fresh commitment by Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 17.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Sargsyan does not want to give up his habit of derailing talks
- 17.10.2017UN Secretary General welcomes summit between Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 16.10.2017Sargsyan: We agreed to take measures to further reduce tension on front line
- 16.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs will hold working sessions with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in near future
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents hold one-on meeting in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents meet in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet today
- 15.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 12.10.2017Meeting between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia to be held in Geneva next week
- 12.10.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s attempts to disrupt Karabakh talks failed - UPDATED
- 08.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 07.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs arrives in Baku
- 06.10.2017Book “Children – Innocent Victims of War” published in Azerbaijan
- 06.10.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: If separatism in Karabakh had been prevented earlier, there would not be Kurdish, Catalan crises
- 06.10.2017Organization of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting discussed in Yerevan
- 06.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM
- 06.10.2017Georgian Parl’t: No real int’l mediation for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 06.10.2017EU supports efforts towards Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 05.10.2017Armenians appeal to Russian Investigative Committee over historian Kuznetsov’s interviews to APA Information Agency
- 05.10.2017Armenian media distorts Czech Senate president’s remarks about Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 04.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 03.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Baku on Oct. 7
- 03.10.2017Ukraine committed to supporting Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – FM
- 02.10.2017“Catalonia referendum was one of events that were huge support to Azerbaijan in respect of Karabakh problem”
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 25th anniversary of Khojavand occupation by Armenia
- 02.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region this week
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on Sept. 23
- 22.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally to protest Armenian MPs’ visit to Baku
- 22.09.2017Armenians again set fire to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 21.09.2017Armenian MFA and MoD differ on idea of returning part of occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 21.09.2017Deputy PM: Peoples of Azerbaijan, Armenia tired of Karabakh conflict
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev calls Armenia ‘occupier’ at UN