Novruz Mammadov: What do co-chairs think about Armenian president who promised and then took different step?!
After the last meeting with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan voiced ideas that were incompatible with the spirit of the meeting, Novruz Mammadov, assistant to Azerbaijan’s president for foreign policy issues, head of department, said on Monday, APA reported.
According to Mammadov, the head of state is a representative of a nation.
"That people somehow chose this person, believing that he is the most dignified person who would live up to his promise and carry the country forward,” he said.
The presidential assistant noted that the last meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents was also joined by the foreign ministers of the two countries, as well as the tree OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs, and the representatives of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office.
“But what happened in the last meeting of the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia? For a long time, negotiations between the Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents on the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict were not conducted, the Armenian side always hindered it,” he said.
“It was stated at the last meeting that a statement consisting of 3 or 4 items of this long-delayed meeting be brought to the attention of the international community. All agreed,” Mamamdov said. “If the Armenian president did not agree with the statement, he could have said so during the meeting. He should've said that following the meeting, he would be speaking anything that comes to his mind.”
"Sargsyan promised in front of the co-chairs that he agrees to bring the concrete ideas to the world community after the meeting, but after the meeting, he acts hypocritically and speaks otherwise," added the top official.
The Azerbaijani president, other officials responded to the Armenian president, noted Mammadov.
“In this case, how will the Armenian people trust him? How will he ensure the development and welfare of his people? What do the co-chairs think about the president who promises and then takes a different step?! If you have a status as head of state, you can't be hypocritical and lie,” he added.
The Armenian people are in a tough situation due to such leaders, said Mammadov.
“Armenians are leaving their country. Only 2.5 million people live in Armenia today. According to forecasts, if this situation continues, the population will not exceed 2.5 million people in 20 years,” he said.
Mammadov noted that Azerbaijan’s population has increased by three million people since the country gained its independence.
“This shows the difference between the two countries and is an indicator of the development of Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan and its capital are one of the most beautiful countries and capitals of the world,” he added.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani MP: Application of law on humanization of punishments can be assessed as an amnesty
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Russian citizen from ‘blacklist’
- 23.02.2018U.S. has always been committed to Karabakh conflict settlement process – envoy
- 23.02.2018Khojaly – one of most terrible events of 20th century, says U.S. envoy
- 23.02.2018European Parliament preparing statement on Khojaly genocide
- 23.02.2018US congressman makes a statement in connection with the anniversary of the 20 January and Khojaly tragedy
- 22.02.2018Vigenin proposes abolishing position of OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus
- 22.02.2018Armenian soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Vigenin: Int’l community has switched its ambition on Nagorno-Karabakh to simply avoiding war, which must be reversed
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special representative criticizes Minsk Group co-chairs
- 22.02.2018Baku reacts to Armenian foreign minister’s statement
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says int’l tribunal needed to prosecute perpetrators of crimes in Khojaly and Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says Sumgayit events were ‘deliberate provocation’
- 21.02.2018U.S. continuing its role as OSCE MG co-chair shows its commitment to resolving Karabakh conflict, envoy says
- 21.02.2018OSCE can increase frequency of monitoring exercises in front line areas
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan puts EAFJD head on Interpol wanted list for illegally visiting its occupied lands
- 21.02.2018U.S. doing its utmost to help settle Karabakh conflict – envoy
- 20.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Dialogue must be established between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA comments on Armenian president’s congratulatory message to illegal regime in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Erdogan: One of greatest atrocities in human history happened in Khojaly
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister: War may break out at any time
- 19.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 17.02.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 26th anniversary of Garadaghli massacre
- 15.02.2018Moscow says hopes for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.02.2018Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan can be exchanged for Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev – State Commission
- 14.02.2018MFA: Armenia must finally understand that occupation of Azerbaijani lands will never produce desired political outcome
- 14.02.2018Russian musician off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018US Intelligence: Tension over Karabakh could develop into large-scale conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 12.02.2018Bulgaria president: Karabakh conflict can be settled only through peaceful means
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change Nagorno-Karabakh’s demographics ‘gross violation’ of int’l humanitarian law
- 11.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 131 times
- 11.02.201826 years pass since occupation of Malibeyli, Gushchular villages of Azerbaijan’s Shusha
- 09.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meets Armenian president
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ presence in Azerbaijani territories remains major cause of non-settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.02.2018EU: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict a ‘very big challenge’
- 09.02.2018Mogherini: EU supports Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity
- 09.02.2018Baku: Nalbandian’s offensive attitude towards UNSC resolutions shows Armenia’s disrespect for UN Charter
- 24.10.2017FM: Resettlement of Syrian Armenians in occupied lands aimed at preventing expelled Azerbaijani population from returning to their homes
- 25.10.2017OSCE representatives meet with head of Fuzuli District Executive Authority
- 26.10.2017Andrew Schofer: "The Co-Chairs are currently working with the foreign ministers to identify the date for the next meeting"
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani soldier killed during Armenian provocation laid to rest
- 22.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.10.2017Two Armenian soldiers die in Nagorno-Karabakh