Nearly 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes in disrepair – MP
About 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes that are in disrepair, MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev said during a discussion by parliamentary committees of the 2018 state budget package, APA reported.
“I was once an MP of the constituency surrounding the Goranboy, Aghdam, and Terter districts, so I’m closely familiar with the living conditions of those IDPs therein. About 4,600 IDP families currently live in homes that re in disrepair. That is to say, their lives are in imminent danger,” he said.
He noted that after Mehriban Aliyev was appointed as the First Vice President of Azerbaijan, there has been an increased attention to this area.
"The activity of Pasha Holding in this direction is praiseworthy. Pasha Holding builds houses for refugees. I’ve been told that even some entrepreneurs buy houses for refugees upon Mehriban Aliyeva’s encouragement. The State Oil Fund is expected to allocate a total of AZN 200 million to improve the housing conditions of refugees. This is less than last year's funding. It is noted here that foreign loans in the amount of 42 million manats will also be dedicated to this cause. I would like to ask who will receive this 42 million manats, from which account will it be given, and how will this money be invested in housing construction?” said the MP.
Reminding that 244 million manats were allocated for the construction of new sports complexes in the country, Hasanguliyev said that this issue should not be a priority. “The priority should be the creation of normal living conditions for refugees who have been living in unbearable conditions for more than 25 years,” he stressed.
Hasanguliyev also said that 7.2 million manats allocated to newborns in Azerbaijan are insufficient.
“What social budget can we talk about now? However, 159,454 children were born in our country (the concrete period is not mentioned). When divide this amount, each child gets for about 45 manats per month. When we raise the price, we often compare with Europe countries. But in Europe, children are allocated about 100-192 euros per month, and they receive this money till they are 16 years old. We should at least provide separate amount for newborn children whose parents do not work. Let’s admit that the birth expense of a child reaches 500-1,000 manats. We should allocate at least 500 manats for these families,” added the MP.
Related news releases
- 17.06.2018News about the alleged flights of "fighter aircraft" of Armenia over Khankendi – the next information adventurism of the enemy
- 17.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 83 times
- 15.06.2018Zakharova: Creating favorable atmosphere key to resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.06.2018Kremlin: Too early to talk about further Aliyev-Pashinyan meetings
- 15.06.2018Separatist Nagorno-Karabakh regime's ex-minister of defense released
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in near future: OSCE MG co-chairs
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani official calls Armenian president’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh illegal
- 13.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The visit of the Armenian president to the Kalbajar region is a provocation"
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meet Armenian PM
- 13.06.2018Armenian president visits occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs arrive in Armenia
- 12.06.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to keep increasing its defense capability as long as Armenia continues occupation policy
- 11.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The statements of the Armenian FM confirm that Armenia is a party to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 10.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 09.06.2018MEP: I and my group will never pay illegal visit to Nagorno Karabakh
- 09.06.2018MP: Liberation of occupied lands in Nakhchivan is triumph of Azerbaijani president’s policy
- 09.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: I hope ACRE will adequately assess fact of occupation of Azerbaijani lands
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Army liberated over 11 thousand hectares of land in Nakhchivan
- 08.06.2018OSCE representatives visit Tartar district executive authority
- 07.06.2018Russian FM responds to Armenian PM’s idea that Nagorno-Karabakh should join negotiations as a party
- 07.06.2018Russia says will continue to help sides find solution to Karabakh conflict
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry responds to Armenian PM’s statement
- 07.06.2018Popov: OSCE MG co-chairs’ planned visit to Armenia aims to hold talks with new gov’t
- 07.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "I hope that the new leadership of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous government"
- 06.06.2018Australian Senate expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 05.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Armenia on June 13
- 03.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 82 times
- 01.06.2018Russian Foreign Ministry considers Pashinyan’s statement on settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict unconstructive
- 01.06.2018Oettinger: Karabakh conflict settlement ‘impossible’ without Russia
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev and Nikol Pashinyan can meet in coming weeks – Armenian FM
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Destruction of Azerbaijan’s historical, religious monuments by Armenia is unprecedented vandalism
- 30.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh conflict to be discussed at OSCE PA session
- 29.05.2018Baku: Armenian soldiers' shooting at Azerbaijani civilians shows inadmissibility of status quo
- 29.05.2018Agricultural machinery in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli hit by multiple bullets during Armenian shelling
- 28.05.2018President: Only way for Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement is restoration of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 28.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's 50 strongest armies
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani, French FMs discuss Karabakh conflict settlement
- 27.05.2018French FM: France helping to find a peaceful resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 27.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "The main issue of our foreign policy is the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 13.11.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Armenian FM in Moscow
- 13.11.2017Meeting of OSCE MG co-chairs, PACE co-rapporteurs on Karabakh conflict postponed
- 14.11.2017Russian FM Lavrov to visit Azerbaijan and Armenia – report
- 12.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 11.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017U.S. diplomat says status quo in respect of Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’