Nearly 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes in disrepair – MP
About 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes that are in disrepair, MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev said during a discussion by parliamentary committees of the 2018 state budget package, APA reported.
“I was once an MP of the constituency surrounding the Goranboy, Aghdam, and Terter districts, so I’m closely familiar with the living conditions of those IDPs therein. About 4,600 IDP families currently live in homes that re in disrepair. That is to say, their lives are in imminent danger,” he said.
He noted that after Mehriban Aliyev was appointed as the First Vice President of Azerbaijan, there has been an increased attention to this area.
"The activity of Pasha Holding in this direction is praiseworthy. Pasha Holding builds houses for refugees. I’ve been told that even some entrepreneurs buy houses for refugees upon Mehriban Aliyeva’s encouragement. The State Oil Fund is expected to allocate a total of AZN 200 million to improve the housing conditions of refugees. This is less than last year's funding. It is noted here that foreign loans in the amount of 42 million manats will also be dedicated to this cause. I would like to ask who will receive this 42 million manats, from which account will it be given, and how will this money be invested in housing construction?” said the MP.
Reminding that 244 million manats were allocated for the construction of new sports complexes in the country, Hasanguliyev said that this issue should not be a priority. “The priority should be the creation of normal living conditions for refugees who have been living in unbearable conditions for more than 25 years,” he stressed.
Hasanguliyev also said that 7.2 million manats allocated to newborns in Azerbaijan are insufficient.
“What social budget can we talk about now? However, 159,454 children were born in our country (the concrete period is not mentioned). When divide this amount, each child gets for about 45 manats per month. When we raise the price, we often compare with Europe countries. But in Europe, children are allocated about 100-192 euros per month, and they receive this money till they are 16 years old. We should at least provide separate amount for newborn children whose parents do not work. Let’s admit that the birth expense of a child reaches 500-1,000 manats. We should allocate at least 500 manats for these families,” added the MP.
Related news releases
- 20.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Large part of present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Those responsible for Khojaly genocide still enjoy impunity
- 27.02.2018Requiem concert dedicated to Khojaly genocide held in Amsterdam
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by Rossiya-24 correspondent
- 26.02.2018Russian lawmaker urges world community to condemn Khojaly genocide
- 13.11.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Armenian FM in Moscow
- 13.11.2017Meeting of OSCE MG co-chairs, PACE co-rapporteurs on Karabakh conflict postponed
- 14.11.2017Russian FM Lavrov to visit Azerbaijan and Armenia – report
- 12.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 11.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017U.S. diplomat says status quo in respect of Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’