Nearly 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes in disrepair – MP
About 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes that are in disrepair, MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev said during a discussion by parliamentary committees of the 2018 state budget package, APA reported.
“I was once an MP of the constituency surrounding the Goranboy, Aghdam, and Terter districts, so I’m closely familiar with the living conditions of those IDPs therein. About 4,600 IDP families currently live in homes that re in disrepair. That is to say, their lives are in imminent danger,” he said.
He noted that after Mehriban Aliyev was appointed as the First Vice President of Azerbaijan, there has been an increased attention to this area.
"The activity of Pasha Holding in this direction is praiseworthy. Pasha Holding builds houses for refugees. I’ve been told that even some entrepreneurs buy houses for refugees upon Mehriban Aliyeva’s encouragement. The State Oil Fund is expected to allocate a total of AZN 200 million to improve the housing conditions of refugees. This is less than last year's funding. It is noted here that foreign loans in the amount of 42 million manats will also be dedicated to this cause. I would like to ask who will receive this 42 million manats, from which account will it be given, and how will this money be invested in housing construction?” said the MP.
Reminding that 244 million manats were allocated for the construction of new sports complexes in the country, Hasanguliyev said that this issue should not be a priority. “The priority should be the creation of normal living conditions for refugees who have been living in unbearable conditions for more than 25 years,” he stressed.
Hasanguliyev also said that 7.2 million manats allocated to newborns in Azerbaijan are insufficient.
“What social budget can we talk about now? However, 159,454 children were born in our country (the concrete period is not mentioned). When divide this amount, each child gets for about 45 manats per month. When we raise the price, we often compare with Europe countries. But in Europe, children are allocated about 100-192 euros per month, and they receive this money till they are 16 years old. We should at least provide separate amount for newborn children whose parents do not work. Let’s admit that the birth expense of a child reaches 500-1,000 manats. We should allocate at least 500 manats for these families,” added the MP.
Related news releases
- 18.01.2018The OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs issue joint statement on the meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs
- 18.01.2018The OSCE MG Co-Chairs will visit the region in early February
- 18.01.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "The co-chairs proposed a number of creative ideas about the resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 18.01.2018Krakow meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs ends - UPDATED
- 18.01.2018Meeting between Azerbaijani FM, OSCE MG co-chairs kicks off in Krakow
- 18.01.2018Armenia soldier receives gunshot wound
- 18.01.2018Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Poland
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow today
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan welcomes UN chief’s call for revitalizing mediation initiatives for Karabakh conflict
- 17.01.2018ICG reveals some issues to be discussed at upcoming meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani FM: France should prevent entry of Karabakh separatists into its territory
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow
- 15.01.2018MFA: Azerbaijan welcomes the statement of Sergey Lavrov on step by step resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 15.01.2018Moscow says step by step approach needed for Karabakh settlement
- 15.01.2018Russian FM: Karabakh conflict can be resolved only by Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 14.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 13.01.2018EU hails Italy’s commitment to continue strengthening OSCE work to address Karabakh conflict through existing format
- 13.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk reappointed as OSCE Chairman-in-Office Personal Representative
- 12.01.2018U.S. says hopeful signs from Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents should be taken into account
- 11.01.2018FM: Italy to support OSCE MG efforts for Karabakh settlement
- 11.01.2018Department of State urges Americans to avoid traveling to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: World community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as integral part of Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018ICRC visits Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 02.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 31.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 29.12.2017Armenian parliament vice-speaker shows political illiteracy in every statement – Azerbaijani MFA
- 29.12.2017Date set for next meeting of Sub-Committee on Conflicts between Council of Europe member states
- 28.12.2017Baku: Expansion of Kasprzyk’s office should be conducted in parallel with substantive Karabakh talks
- 28.12.2017Baku says there was revival in Karabakh talks in second half of 2017
- 28.12.2017Baku: Issue of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia discussed with Russia, OSCE and ICRC
- 28.12.201726 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Khankendi
- 27.12.2017Russia welcomes activation of negotiation process on Karabakh settlement – deputy FM
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijan removes Russian photographer from “black list”
- 25.12.2017Rafael Isakhanian removed as co-chair and member of Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform
- 24.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 139 times
- 23.12.2017Rapprochement of Russia, Iran, Turkey can contribute to resolve Karabakh conflict – Russian political scientist
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EaP summit declaration’s provision on territorial integrity and sovereignty is of great importance
- 13.11.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Armenian FM in Moscow
- 13.11.2017Meeting of OSCE MG co-chairs, PACE co-rapporteurs on Karabakh conflict postponed
- 14.11.2017Russian FM Lavrov to visit Azerbaijan and Armenia – report
- 12.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 11.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017U.S. diplomat says status quo in respect of Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’