Latvian FM: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict should be resolved by peaceful means
Baku. Malahat Najafova – APA. “We support resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict by peaceful means”, Foreign Minister of Latvia Edgars Rinkēvičs said at the press conference followinf his meeting Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mamadyarov, who was in Latvia on an official visit, APA reports quoting the website of the Latvian Foreign Ministry.
According to him, the conflict should be resolved with peaceful means along with principles of international law, particularly the integrity and sovereignty.
During the meeting, Edgars Rinkēvičs acknowledged the advancement of bilateral relations between Latvia and Azerbaijan. Both Ministers concurred that Latvia and Azerbaijan have good potential for investment projects in sectors such as aviation, transport and logistics.
Referring to the Eastern Partnership Summit in Riga, Edgars Rinkēvičs emphasized that Latvia expects Azerbaijan to be represented at the highest level at this event.
Foreign Minister Mammadyarov said that Azerbaijan was interested in signing a strategic partnership agreement with the European Union. The Latvian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers welcomed the agreement reached between the E3+3 and Iran in the talks on Iran's nuclear programme. Views were also exchanged on the developments in Ukraine.
Related news releases
- 20.06.2018Nagorno-Karabakh conflict requires early political settlement - EU
- 18.06.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Manvel Grigoryan participated in Khojaly genocide and other war crimes
- 17.06.2018News about the alleged flights of "fighter aircraft" of Armenia over Khankendi – the next information adventurism of the enemy
- 17.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 83 times
- 15.06.2018Zakharova: Creating favorable atmosphere key to resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.06.2018Kremlin: Too early to talk about further Aliyev-Pashinyan meetings
- 15.06.2018Separatist Nagorno-Karabakh regime's ex-minister of defense released
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in near future: OSCE MG co-chairs
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani official calls Armenian president’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh illegal
- 13.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The visit of the Armenian president to the Kalbajar region is a provocation"
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meet Armenian PM
- 13.06.2018Armenian president visits occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs arrive in Armenia
- 12.06.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to keep increasing its defense capability as long as Armenia continues occupation policy
- 11.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The statements of the Armenian FM confirm that Armenia is a party to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 10.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 09.06.2018MEP: I and my group will never pay illegal visit to Nagorno Karabakh
- 09.06.2018MP: Liberation of occupied lands in Nakhchivan is triumph of Azerbaijani president’s policy
- 09.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: I hope ACRE will adequately assess fact of occupation of Azerbaijani lands
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Army liberated over 11 thousand hectares of land in Nakhchivan
- 08.06.2018OSCE representatives visit Tartar district executive authority
- 07.06.2018Russian FM responds to Armenian PM’s idea that Nagorno-Karabakh should join negotiations as a party
- 07.06.2018Russia says will continue to help sides find solution to Karabakh conflict
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry responds to Armenian PM’s statement
- 07.06.2018Popov: OSCE MG co-chairs’ planned visit to Armenia aims to hold talks with new gov’t
- 07.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "I hope that the new leadership of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous government"
- 06.06.2018Australian Senate expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 05.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Armenia on June 13
- 03.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 82 times
- 01.06.2018Russian Foreign Ministry considers Pashinyan’s statement on settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict unconstructive
- 01.06.2018Oettinger: Karabakh conflict settlement ‘impossible’ without Russia
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev and Nikol Pashinyan can meet in coming weeks – Armenian FM
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Destruction of Azerbaijan’s historical, religious monuments by Armenia is unprecedented vandalism
- 30.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh conflict to be discussed at OSCE PA session
- 29.05.2018Baku: Armenian soldiers' shooting at Azerbaijani civilians shows inadmissibility of status quo
- 29.05.2018Agricultural machinery in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli hit by multiple bullets during Armenian shelling
- 28.05.2018President: Only way for Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement is restoration of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 28.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's 50 strongest armies
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani, French FMs discuss Karabakh conflict settlement
- 27.05.2018French FM: France helping to find a peaceful resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 16.04.2015James Warlick to discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Azerbaijani and Armenian communities in Houston
- 16.04.2015Armenian Army holding large-scale exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.04.2015Azerbaijan urges Serbian Chairmanship of OSCE to arrange consultations on missing persons
- 15.04.2015U.S. Ambassador: “The co-chairs are trying to arrange a meeting of the presidents”
- 15.04.2015US State Department announces Funding Opportunity for NGO Programs Benefiting Refugees and IDPs in South Caucasus
- 15.04.2015Azerbaijani deputy PM: Iran should increase pressure on Armenia
Top news of the day