Kyrgyzstan’s position at ECO summit misunderstanding: top Azerbaijani official
The position of Kyrgyzstan, which didn’t accede to the political clauses in the declaration adopted at the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) Summit in Islamabad, causes suprise and misunderstanding, Novruz Mammadov, deputy head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, chief of the administration’s foreign relations department, told reporters on Saturday, APA reported.
The top official said the ECO summit declaration underlined the importance of taking decisive steps to ensure the economic development of member states and resolving the problems faced by member states in accordance with the norms and principles of international law.
According to Mammadov, the most important point for Azerbaijan in the document was about the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“Member states have voted on the matter. Unfortunately, Kyrgyzstan has not acceded to the declaration, claiming that it is a political matter. Such a position of Kyrgyzstan causes surprising and misunderstanding,” he added.
Azerbaijan has always cooperated and will continue to cooperate with Kyrgyzstan, noted Mammadov.
“There was nothing unusual in the declaration. It stated the issues of territorial integrity and sovereignty of states, as well as the settlement of conflicts in line with the norms and principles of international law based on the compliance with principles set by the UN,” he said.
He stressed that at the present time the head of state must be wise and farsighted.
“It was also noted at Azerbaijani president’s meetings in Brussels that in today's complex and tense world, countries are not secure again certain problems. Therefore, heads of state must be wise and farsighted,” added the top official.
Related news releases
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Those responsible for Khojaly genocide still enjoy impunity
- 27.02.2018Requiem concert dedicated to Khojaly genocide held in Amsterdam
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by Rossiya-24 correspondent
- 26.02.2018Russian lawmaker urges world community to condemn Khojaly genocide
- 26.02.2018Film on Khojaly genocide screened on California’s TV channels
- 26.02.2018Turkish Foreign Ministry strongly condemns Khojaly massacre
- 26.02.2018Khojaly commemorative event held in Chicago
- 04.03.2017Azerbaijan opens criminal case against foreign companies illegally operating in occupied territories
- 04.03.2017Khojaly 25 years on – a moving musical remembrance in the Land of the Gods
- 05.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 04.03.2017Top Azerbaijani official: Armenia’s frontline provocations – part of some insidious plans
- 03.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State and Armenian FM discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 03.03.2017EU does not recognize “referendum” in Nagorno-Karabakh