Kyrgyzstan’s position at ECO summit misunderstanding: top Azerbaijani official
The position of Kyrgyzstan, which didn’t accede to the political clauses in the declaration adopted at the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) Summit in Islamabad, causes suprise and misunderstanding, Novruz Mammadov, deputy head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, chief of the administration’s foreign relations department, told reporters on Saturday, APA reported.
The top official said the ECO summit declaration underlined the importance of taking decisive steps to ensure the economic development of member states and resolving the problems faced by member states in accordance with the norms and principles of international law.
According to Mammadov, the most important point for Azerbaijan in the document was about the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“Member states have voted on the matter. Unfortunately, Kyrgyzstan has not acceded to the declaration, claiming that it is a political matter. Such a position of Kyrgyzstan causes surprising and misunderstanding,” he added.
Azerbaijan has always cooperated and will continue to cooperate with Kyrgyzstan, noted Mammadov.
“There was nothing unusual in the declaration. It stated the issues of territorial integrity and sovereignty of states, as well as the settlement of conflicts in line with the norms and principles of international law based on the compliance with principles set by the UN,” he said.
He stressed that at the present time the head of state must be wise and farsighted.
“It was also noted at Azerbaijani president’s meetings in Brussels that in today's complex and tense world, countries are not secure again certain problems. Therefore, heads of state must be wise and farsighted,” added the top official.
Related news releases
- 17.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 16.12.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.12.2017Turkey: Armenia must be held accountable for crimes in Azerbaijan’s Khojaly
- 14.12.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani serviceman killed in Armenian ceasefire violation
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia, which destroyed sacred mosques, cannot be a friend of Muslim countries
- 12.12.2017France ambassador to Armenia: Karabakh conflict not “frozen”
- 11.12.2017Lukashevich: 2017 best remembered for resumption of Karabakh peace talks
- 11.12.2017Foreign diplomats hail work done in Azerbaijan to improve IDPs’ living conditions – Hikmat Hajiyev
- 11.12.2017American researcher: Territorial integrity, sovereignty of states must be respected
- 11.12.2017France will continue to work towards Karabakh conflict settlement – envoy
- 11.12.2017Foreign diplomats in Azerbaijan, journalists, heads of int’l organizations visit Tartar district
- 10.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 115 times
- 09.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2017Armenian army opens fire at village in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
- 08.12.2017Lavrov: Work underway to increase number of OSCE observers for Karabakh conflict
- 08.12.2017Direct dialogue over Karabakh settlement doesn’t produce any visible progress, says Russian FM
- 08.12.2017Lavrov: December 7 statement affirms principles for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov: “Certain forces in the region are not interested in changing status-quo”
- 07.12.2017Co-chair countries issue joint statement on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Baku supports dialogue between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 07.12.2017Ukrainian FM calls for increased efforts to settle conflicts on territories of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Moldova
- 07.12.2017U.S. supports Minsk Group efforts to find solution to Karabakh conflict – Tillerson
- 07.12.2017OSCE PA President: Increasingly intense hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh cause deep concern
- 07.12.2017Foreign Ministry: Next meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian Foreign Ministers in January
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani FM meets OSCE MG Co-Chairs in Vienna
- 06.12.2017Armenian FM meets OSCE MG co-chairs in Vienna
- 06.12.2017European Court of Human Rights to deliver new judgment in case of Chiragov and others v. Armenia
- 06.12.2017Armenia conducts military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani parl’t deputy speaker highlights illicit drug trafficking in Nagorno-Karabakh at int’l conference in Moscow
- 03.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 01.12.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,700 times in November
- 01.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed
- 30.11.2017ANAMA carries out cleaning in area selected for new irrigation canal in Jabrayil district
- 30.11.2017Historian Kuznetsov: Threat of ‘Armenian terrorism’ on the rise in Russia
- 30.11.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey continues efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 29.11.2017Turkish FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Ankara
- 29.11.2017FM: Costa Rica supports peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 29.11.2017Armenia again launches military exercises in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands
- 28.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: EaP summit declaration reaffirms support for territorial integrity of member countries
- 04.03.2017Azerbaijan opens criminal case against foreign companies illegally operating in occupied territories
- 04.03.2017Khojaly 25 years on – a moving musical remembrance in the Land of the Gods
- 05.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 04.03.2017Top Azerbaijani official: Armenia’s frontline provocations – part of some insidious plans
- 03.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State and Armenian FM discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 03.03.2017EU does not recognize “referendum” in Nagorno-Karabakh