Kyrgyzstan’s position at ECO summit misunderstanding: top Azerbaijani official
The position of Kyrgyzstan, which didn’t accede to the political clauses in the declaration adopted at the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) Summit in Islamabad, causes suprise and misunderstanding, Novruz Mammadov, deputy head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, chief of the administration’s foreign relations department, told reporters on Saturday, APA reported.
The top official said the ECO summit declaration underlined the importance of taking decisive steps to ensure the economic development of member states and resolving the problems faced by member states in accordance with the norms and principles of international law.
According to Mammadov, the most important point for Azerbaijan in the document was about the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“Member states have voted on the matter. Unfortunately, Kyrgyzstan has not acceded to the declaration, claiming that it is a political matter. Such a position of Kyrgyzstan causes surprising and misunderstanding,” he added.
Azerbaijan has always cooperated and will continue to cooperate with Kyrgyzstan, noted Mammadov.
“There was nothing unusual in the declaration. It stated the issues of territorial integrity and sovereignty of states, as well as the settlement of conflicts in line with the norms and principles of international law based on the compliance with principles set by the UN,” he said.
He stressed that at the present time the head of state must be wise and farsighted.
“It was also noted at Azerbaijani president’s meetings in Brussels that in today's complex and tense world, countries are not secure again certain problems. Therefore, heads of state must be wise and farsighted,” added the top official.
Related news releases
- 26.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan’s military leadership visits frontline
- 23.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2017Armenian armed forces holding military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 21.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times
- 19.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 136 times
- 18.03.2017Armenia lost hopes and lives with depression – Azerbaijani president
- 18.03.2017Colombian Senate passes decision on 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
- 17.03.2017Ex-presidents express support for Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017Cultural worker from Ukraine joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017PM: April battles – a victorious page of Azerbaijan’s military history
- 17.03.2017Kwasniewski: No chance of progress in Karabakh talks without implementation of UN resolutions
- 17.03.2017Former Kyrgyz PM comments on country’s refusal to sign ECO declaration
- 16.03.2017Moscow says nothing hidden in Karabakh talks
- 16.03.2017Russian political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Change in status quo means liberation of occupied Azerbaijan lands
- 15.03.2017PACE members meet with IDPs
- 15.03.2017Putin: Russia continues to assist in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.03.2017French president urges progress towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2017Georgian professor joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017Books by Lithuanian authors on Armenian aggression presented in Baku
- 15.03.2017Khalaf Khalafov: Armenia encourages relocation of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity cannot be negotiated
- 15.03.2017French President: “The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable”
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani President: “For the first stage, negotiations should be resumed as soon as possible”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict underway in Baku
- 14.03.2017Ilham Aliyev urges foreign companies to avoid illegal activity in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 14.03.2017Russian journalist: Majority of Karabakh Armenians were forcibly “armenianized”
- 14.03.2017“If war erupts in Karabakh, Russia, Georgia and Turkey will be involved in it”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict kicks off in Baku
- 14.03.2017German MPs adopt Declaration on Khojaly Massacre
- 14.03.2017Russian political analyst calls for Khojaly Genocide recognition
- 14.03.2017Armenian-born researcher: Positive solution to Karabakh conflict is near
- 13.03.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian MPs planned to be held in French Senate
- 13.03.2017France respects Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says senator
- 13.03.2017French senator calls for restoration of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 13.03.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform expresses support for OSCE MG American co-chair
- 12.03.2017Azerbaijani army carries out artillery strike on Armenian strongpoint - VİDEO
- 12.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 04.03.2017Azerbaijan opens criminal case against foreign companies illegally operating in occupied territories
- 04.03.2017Khojaly 25 years on – a moving musical remembrance in the Land of the Gods
- 05.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 04.03.2017Top Azerbaijani official: Armenia’s frontline provocations – part of some insidious plans
- 03.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State and Armenian FM discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 03.03.2017EU does not recognize “referendum” in Nagorno-Karabakh