FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
On October 4, Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov received a delegation of the Political and Security Committee of the Council of the European Union, including the EU's accredited ambassadors, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
During the meeting, Mammadyarov talked about the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and the European Union and the course of negotiations on the draft strategic partnership agreement and stressed that strategic partnership relations were established between 10 EU countries and Azerbaijan.
Touching upon cooperation in energy, transport and connectivity areas, the minister said the new agreement provides an important framework for the comprehensive development of relations between Azerbaijan and the EU, covering political, economic, trade, energy, humanitarian and other spheres.
Mammadyarov gave detailed information on the current status of the negotiation process on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
He once again reiterated that resolution of the conflict within the territorial integrity, sovereignty and internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan is the only settlement option. Mammadyarov also talked about the meeting with the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs, as well as his Armenian counterpart on the sidelines of the 72nd session of the UN General Assembly.
He added that the Minsk Group Co-chairs will visit the region in the coming days.
Mammadyarov said that respect for territorial integrity and inviolability of the borders of the states is a fundamental principle of international relations and stressed that it was also enshrined in the European Union Global Strategy Document.
The foreign minister also spoke about the role of Azerbaijan in the development of the North-South and East-West transport corridors, operation of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway and cooperation opportunities with the EU member states in the field of transport.
Members of the delegation commended the tolerance and multicultural environment in Azerbaijan, the peaceful coexistence of representatives of different religions, and the role of Azerbaijan in the energy security of Europe, the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and the EU, political, economic and financial reforms conducted in our country.
During the meeting, Mammadyarov answered a number questions of the guests about the relations of Azerbaijan with neighboring countries, its position on current issues in the international agenda, the regional security issues as well as the fight against terrorism and other issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 14.12.2017Turkey: Armenia must be held accountable for crimes in Azerbaijan’s Khojaly
- 14.12.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani serviceman killed in Armenian ceasefire violation
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia, which destroyed sacred mosques, cannot be a friend of Muslim countries
- 12.12.2017France ambassador to Armenia: Karabakh conflict not “frozen”
- 11.12.2017Lukashevich: 2017 best remembered for resumption of Karabakh peace talks
- 11.12.2017Foreign diplomats hail work done in Azerbaijan to improve IDPs’ living conditions – Hikmat Hajiyev
- 11.12.2017American researcher: Territorial integrity, sovereignty of states must be respected
- 11.12.2017France will continue to work towards Karabakh conflict settlement – envoy
- 11.12.2017Foreign diplomats in Azerbaijan, journalists, heads of int’l organizations visit Tartar district
- 10.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 115 times
- 09.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2017Armenian army opens fire at village in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
- 08.12.2017Lavrov: Work underway to increase number of OSCE observers for Karabakh conflict
- 08.12.2017Direct dialogue over Karabakh settlement doesn’t produce any visible progress, says Russian FM
- 08.12.2017Lavrov: December 7 statement affirms principles for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov: “Certain forces in the region are not interested in changing status-quo”
- 07.12.2017Co-chair countries issue joint statement on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Baku supports dialogue between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 07.12.2017Ukrainian FM calls for increased efforts to settle conflicts on territories of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Moldova
- 07.12.2017U.S. supports Minsk Group efforts to find solution to Karabakh conflict – Tillerson
- 07.12.2017OSCE PA President: Increasingly intense hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh cause deep concern
- 07.12.2017Foreign Ministry: Next meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian Foreign Ministers in January
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani FM meets OSCE MG Co-Chairs in Vienna
- 06.12.2017Armenian FM meets OSCE MG co-chairs in Vienna
- 06.12.2017European Court of Human Rights to deliver new judgment in case of Chiragov and others v. Armenia
- 06.12.2017Armenia conducts military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani parl’t deputy speaker highlights illicit drug trafficking in Nagorno-Karabakh at int’l conference in Moscow
- 03.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 01.12.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,700 times in November
- 01.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed
- 30.11.2017ANAMA carries out cleaning in area selected for new irrigation canal in Jabrayil district
- 30.11.2017Historian Kuznetsov: Threat of ‘Armenian terrorism’ on the rise in Russia
- 30.11.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey continues efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 29.11.2017Turkish FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Ankara
- 29.11.2017FM: Costa Rica supports peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 29.11.2017Armenia again launches military exercises in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands
- 28.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: EaP summit declaration reaffirms support for territorial integrity of member countries
- 28.11.2017Armenian historian: Karabakh – integral, unique part of Azerbaijan
- 28.11.2017Armenia hands over body of Azerbaijani soldier
- 28.01.2014Azerbaijani MP calls on PACE to assist in establishing dialogue between Azerbaijani and Armenian communities of Nagorno Karabakh
- 29.01.2014French Ambassador calls on Armenia and Azerbaijan to refrain from provocations
- 29.01.2014Head of EU Delegation to Azerbaijan comments on tension on line of contact
- 27.01.2014Council of Europe Committee of Ministers: “The sides of the conflict should establish more meaningful dialogue”
- 27.01.2014Jean-Claude Mignon reveals why PACE Sub-Committee on Nagorno Karabakh suspended its activity
- 27.01.2014PACE President: “I’m concerned over the recent tension on the contact line of the Azerbaijani and Armenian troops”