FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
On October 4, Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov received a delegation of the Political and Security Committee of the Council of the European Union, including the EU's accredited ambassadors, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
During the meeting, Mammadyarov talked about the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and the European Union and the course of negotiations on the draft strategic partnership agreement and stressed that strategic partnership relations were established between 10 EU countries and Azerbaijan.
Touching upon cooperation in energy, transport and connectivity areas, the minister said the new agreement provides an important framework for the comprehensive development of relations between Azerbaijan and the EU, covering political, economic, trade, energy, humanitarian and other spheres.
Mammadyarov gave detailed information on the current status of the negotiation process on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
He once again reiterated that resolution of the conflict within the territorial integrity, sovereignty and internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan is the only settlement option. Mammadyarov also talked about the meeting with the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs, as well as his Armenian counterpart on the sidelines of the 72nd session of the UN General Assembly.
He added that the Minsk Group Co-chairs will visit the region in the coming days.
Mammadyarov said that respect for territorial integrity and inviolability of the borders of the states is a fundamental principle of international relations and stressed that it was also enshrined in the European Union Global Strategy Document.
The foreign minister also spoke about the role of Azerbaijan in the development of the North-South and East-West transport corridors, operation of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway and cooperation opportunities with the EU member states in the field of transport.
Members of the delegation commended the tolerance and multicultural environment in Azerbaijan, the peaceful coexistence of representatives of different religions, and the role of Azerbaijan in the energy security of Europe, the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and the EU, political, economic and financial reforms conducted in our country.
During the meeting, Mammadyarov answered a number questions of the guests about the relations of Azerbaijan with neighboring countries, its position on current issues in the international agenda, the regional security issues as well as the fight against terrorism and other issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 22.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.10.2017Two Armenian soldiers die in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia, which destroys mosques, can never be a friend of Muslim states
- 19.10.2017Baku: 'Armenian leadership had better read UNSC resolutions on Karabakh'
- 19.10.2017Foreign Ministry: Issue of American showman’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh under investigation
- 18.10.2017Armenians attempt provocation at int’l festival in Sochi
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani State Commission informed of Shahbaz Guliyev’s relocation to Yerevan and return
- 17.10.2017OSCE Chairmanship welcomes fresh commitment by Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 17.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Sargsyan does not want to give up his habit of derailing talks
- 17.10.2017UN Secretary General welcomes summit between Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 16.10.2017Sargsyan: We agreed to take measures to further reduce tension on front line
- 16.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs will hold working sessions with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in near future
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents hold one-on meeting in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents meet in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet today
- 15.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 12.10.2017Meeting between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia to be held in Geneva next week
- 12.10.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s attempts to disrupt Karabakh talks failed - UPDATED
- 08.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 07.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs arrives in Baku
- 06.10.2017Book “Children – Innocent Victims of War” published in Azerbaijan
- 06.10.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: If separatism in Karabakh had been prevented earlier, there would not be Kurdish, Catalan crises
- 06.10.2017Organization of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting discussed in Yerevan
- 06.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM
- 06.10.2017Georgian Parl’t: No real int’l mediation for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 06.10.2017EU supports efforts towards Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 05.10.2017Armenians appeal to Russian Investigative Committee over historian Kuznetsov’s interviews to APA Information Agency
- 05.10.2017Armenian media distorts Czech Senate president’s remarks about Azerbaijan
- 03.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Baku on Oct. 7
- 03.10.2017Ukraine committed to supporting Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – FM
- 02.10.2017“Catalonia referendum was one of events that were huge support to Azerbaijan in respect of Karabakh problem”
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 25th anniversary of Khojavand occupation by Armenia
- 02.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region this week
- 01.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 30.09.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 30.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.09.2017Turkish Foreign Ministry: "The visit of Turkish citizens to Nagorno-Karabakh was not coordinated with state bodies"
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands