FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
On October 4, Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov received a delegation of the Political and Security Committee of the Council of the European Union, including the EU's accredited ambassadors, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
During the meeting, Mammadyarov talked about the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and the European Union and the course of negotiations on the draft strategic partnership agreement and stressed that strategic partnership relations were established between 10 EU countries and Azerbaijan.
Touching upon cooperation in energy, transport and connectivity areas, the minister said the new agreement provides an important framework for the comprehensive development of relations between Azerbaijan and the EU, covering political, economic, trade, energy, humanitarian and other spheres.
Mammadyarov gave detailed information on the current status of the negotiation process on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
He once again reiterated that resolution of the conflict within the territorial integrity, sovereignty and internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan is the only settlement option. Mammadyarov also talked about the meeting with the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs, as well as his Armenian counterpart on the sidelines of the 72nd session of the UN General Assembly.
He added that the Minsk Group Co-chairs will visit the region in the coming days.
Mammadyarov said that respect for territorial integrity and inviolability of the borders of the states is a fundamental principle of international relations and stressed that it was also enshrined in the European Union Global Strategy Document.
The foreign minister also spoke about the role of Azerbaijan in the development of the North-South and East-West transport corridors, operation of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway and cooperation opportunities with the EU member states in the field of transport.
Members of the delegation commended the tolerance and multicultural environment in Azerbaijan, the peaceful coexistence of representatives of different religions, and the role of Azerbaijan in the energy security of Europe, the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and the EU, political, economic and financial reforms conducted in our country.
During the meeting, Mammadyarov answered a number questions of the guests about the relations of Azerbaijan with neighboring countries, its position on current issues in the international agenda, the regional security issues as well as the fight against terrorism and other issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 20.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Large part of present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Those responsible for Khojaly genocide still enjoy impunity
- 27.02.2018Requiem concert dedicated to Khojaly genocide held in Amsterdam
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by Rossiya-24 correspondent
- 26.02.2018Russian lawmaker urges world community to condemn Khojaly genocide
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands