‘Justice for Khojaly!’ int’l campaign presented in Morocco
An international forum on theme “The role of youth in preventing extremism and violence" was held in Fas, Morocco this week, within the framework of the "The Youth Capital of the Islamic World" project initiated by the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Youth Forum.
Young leaders and representatives of youth movements, leading university professors, heads and representatives of various international non-governmental organizations from different OIC countries, as well as representatives of local government agencies attended the forum, the OIC Youth Forum told APA.
The forum focused on countering extremism and radicalism, which specifically target Muslim countries, and violence in the background of conflicts. Participants discussed youth’s duties in this direction and arrived at decisions.
The international awareness campaign "Justice for Khojaly!", initiated by Leyla Aliyeva, General Coordinator of the OIC Youth Forum on Intercultural Dialogue with a view to conveying unbiased information to the world about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and having the international community give fair political-judicial assessment for the Khojaly tragedy, were presented during the forum.
Sevinj Isgandarova, a representative from the OIC Youth Forum, spoke about the goals and objectives of the international campaign "Justice for Khojaly!", as well as about the work done within the framework of the campaign since 2009.
Addressing the event, representatives of the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Morocco, lawyers and experts condemned the tragedy of all times, including the massacre committed against humanity in Khojaly, mentioning that these tragedies lead to violation of peace and stability in the world.
The international awareness campaign “Justice for Khojaly!”, initiated by Vice-President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, General Coordinator of the OIC Youth Forum on Intercultural Dialogue Leyla Aliyeva in 2009, is being conducted in more than 50 countries. Thanks to the campaign, a number of the world’s parliament, as well as the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers and the Parliamentary Union of the OIC Member States recognized the Khojaly massacre as a genocide and crime against humanity.
- 21.01.2018Defense Ministry: News report spread by Armenian media has no basis
- 21.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 120 times
- 18.01.2018The OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs issue joint statement on the meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs
- 18.01.2018The OSCE MG Co-Chairs will visit the region in early February
- 18.01.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "The co-chairs proposed a number of creative ideas about the resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 18.01.2018Krakow meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs ends - UPDATED
- 18.01.2018Meeting between Azerbaijani FM, OSCE MG co-chairs kicks off in Krakow
- 18.01.2018Armenia soldier receives gunshot wound
- 18.01.2018Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Poland
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow today
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan welcomes UN chief’s call for revitalizing mediation initiatives for Karabakh conflict
- 17.01.2018ICG reveals some issues to be discussed at upcoming meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani FM: France should prevent entry of Karabakh separatists into its territory
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow
- 15.01.2018MFA: Azerbaijan welcomes the statement of Sergey Lavrov on step by step resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 15.01.2018Moscow says step by step approach needed for Karabakh settlement
- 15.01.2018Russian FM: Karabakh conflict can be resolved only by Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 14.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 13.01.2018EU hails Italy’s commitment to continue strengthening OSCE work to address Karabakh conflict through existing format
- 13.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk reappointed as OSCE Chairman-in-Office Personal Representative
- 12.01.2018U.S. says hopeful signs from Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents should be taken into account
- 11.01.2018FM: Italy to support OSCE MG efforts for Karabakh settlement
- 11.01.2018Department of State urges Americans to avoid traveling to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: World community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as integral part of Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018ICRC visits Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 02.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 31.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 29.12.2017Armenian parliament vice-speaker shows political illiteracy in every statement – Azerbaijani MFA
- 29.12.2017Date set for next meeting of Sub-Committee on Conflicts between Council of Europe member states
- 28.12.2017Baku: Expansion of Kasprzyk’s office should be conducted in parallel with substantive Karabakh talks
- 28.12.2017Baku says there was revival in Karabakh talks in second half of 2017
- 28.12.2017Baku: Issue of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia discussed with Russia, OSCE and ICRC
- 28.12.201726 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Khankendi
- 27.12.2017Russia welcomes activation of negotiation process on Karabakh settlement – deputy FM
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijan removes Russian photographer from “black list”
- 25.12.2017Rafael Isakhanian removed as co-chair and member of Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform
- 24.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 139 times
- 24.11.2017ICRC expresses readiness to facilitate handover of Azerbaijani soldier
- 26.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 145 times
- 27.11.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 24.11.2017State Committee: 265 Azerbaijani women went missing during Karabakh conflict
- 24.11.2017“14 Azerbaijani children killed in Armenian terror during ceasefire”
- 23.11.2017Armenian armed forces hold next exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories