International community still in unjust position on Azerbaijanis taken hostage in Kalbajar - Ali Huseynli
According to him, two vital issues can be resolved by accentuating the rights of our citizens through international community.
“One matter we’re accentuating for international community is that how come international organizations and human rights organizations protect the rights of the Armenian special service members in Azerbaijan and do not react to the Azerbaijanis being held hostage in Kalbajar, which is our native land?! Two Azerbaijanis were illegally detained and arrested in their own territory, but international community is still silent. The OSCE Minsk Group and other international organizations must pay attention to this matter. We must achieve it. The second issue is that a lawyer might possibly protect the rights of our citizens with their mediation,” he said.
Huseynli said the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic is an unrecognized regime, thus can’t have court.
“How could an Azerbaijani MP participate in a trial held there while a court decision is only made on behalf of the state? That means the suggested idea is absurd and populist. What concerns us the most is that international community does see it and is not concerned about it. Such an approach is quite unjust. People get arrested illegally, put on trial, but international community gives no reaction to it,” he added.
�ннb����H���али, над ними устроен суд, а международная общественность никак не реагирует на это».
Related news releases
- 17.10.2017UN Secretary General welcomes summit between Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 16.10.2017Sargsyan: We agreed to take measures to further reduce tension on front line
- 16.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs will hold working sessions with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in near future
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents hold one-on meeting in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents meet in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet today
- 15.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 12.10.2017Meeting between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia to be held in Geneva next week
- 12.10.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s attempts to disrupt Karabakh talks failed - UPDATED
- 08.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 07.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs arrives in Baku
- 06.10.2017Book “Children – Innocent Victims of War” published in Azerbaijan
- 06.10.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: If separatism in Karabakh had been prevented earlier, there would not be Kurdish, Catalan crises
- 06.10.2017Organization of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting discussed in Yerevan
- 06.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM
- 06.10.2017Georgian Parl’t: No real int’l mediation for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 06.10.2017EU supports efforts towards Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 05.10.2017Armenians appeal to Russian Investigative Committee over historian Kuznetsov’s interviews to APA Information Agency
- 05.10.2017Armenian media distorts Czech Senate president’s remarks about Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 04.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 03.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Baku on Oct. 7
- 03.10.2017Ukraine committed to supporting Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – FM
- 02.10.2017“Catalonia referendum was one of events that were huge support to Azerbaijan in respect of Karabakh problem”
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 25th anniversary of Khojavand occupation by Armenia
- 02.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region this week
- 01.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 30.09.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 30.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.09.2017Turkish Foreign Ministry: "The visit of Turkish citizens to Nagorno-Karabakh was not coordinated with state bodies"
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia and its lobby in US engaged in unnecessary activity
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijani MP urges Turkey to take drastic measures against its citizens over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijan opens criminal case against Turkish citizens over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 03.11.2014Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry comments on issue of peoples’ right to self-determination
- 04.11.2014Azerbaijani civil society representatives condemn Eldar Namazov’s signing statement with David Shahnazaryan
- 05.11.2014Azerbaijan ready to work on peace agreement - Elmar Mammadyarov
- 02.11.2014Azerbaijani Defense Minister: “This is possible only when Armenia puts an end to its aggressive policy”
- 01.11.2014Berlin hosts exhibition of renowned US photojournalist on Azerbaijani refugees - PHOTO
- 01.11.2014Too sad that Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unsettled – Georgian minister