Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity cannot be negotiated
The territorial integrity of Azerbaijan cannot be a topic for negotiations, said Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev addressing a dinner party hosted by French President Francois Hollande in Paris.
French President Francois Hollande hosted a dinner party for Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva in Paris March 14.
President Aliyev recalled that Armenia’s military aggression has resulted in the occupation of some 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory—Nagorno-Karabakh and the seven surrounding districts, which are our historical lands.
“[The enemy] carried out a policy of ethnic cleansing, as a result of which over one million Azerbaijanis became refugees and IDPs,” said the president, pointing to the four UN Security Council resolutions, as well as other decisions and resolutions passed by the UN General Assembly, OSCE, NATO, European Parliament, Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, Non-Aligned Movement, Organization of Islamic Cooperation and other international organizations.
“France, like the other co-chairs, has made repeated statements in this regard. Regrettably, Armenia is turning a blind eye to this and does not give up its occupation policy. Nagorno-Karabakh is an ancestral and historical land of Azerbaijan. The territorial integrity of Azerbaijan cannot be a topic for negotiations,” added the president.
Related news releases
- 25.06.2017Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 148 times
- 24.06.2017Erdogan: "Turkey and Azerbaijan are on the same position on Karabakh issue"
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani army adequately retaliated against enemy a week ago – President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Int’l community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as an integral part of Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017EU: Ceasefire violations indicate status quo in Karabak conflict ‘unsustainable’
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijan’s refugee and IDP pain highlighted in the French Senate
- 22.06.2017Moscow says OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs’ latest statement fully reflects its stance
- 22.06.2017MFA spokesman: OSCE MG co-chairs should draw conclusions from public discontent in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017ICRC begins dialogue with parties on Armenian scout captured by Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2017U.S. Department of State: "The United States is deeply concerned over the recent violations of the ceasefire"
- 21.06.2017ICRC visits Azerbaijani detainees in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijan removes Japanese blogger from ‘black list’
- 21.06.2017Stark reminders of Azerbaijan’s IDP plight come to Brussels
- 21.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 20.06.2017EU envoy expresses concern over situation in South Caucasus
- 20.06.2017Minister: There can’t be an influx of tourists to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM: Some Muslim countries still provide assistance to Armenia
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM criticizes OSCE MG co-chairs for failing to settle Karabakh conflict
- 19.06.2017Co-chairs to brief Minsk Group members on Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia pursues goal of undermining Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement after their visit to region
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Most int’l organizations recognize occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 19.06.2017Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed: German envoy
- 19.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia tries to interfere with OSCE MG co-chairs’ activities
- 19.06.2017Popov expresses regret over recent ceasefire violations on contact line
- 19.06.2017Popov: Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents stand for continuation of peace talks
- 19.06.2017Popov: Minsk Group co-chairs’ latest statement addressed to both sides
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani official accuses Armenia of continued provocations
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan will never give up principle of territorial integrity
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to start visit to Azerbaijan today
- 18.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Responsibility for escalation of situation in front entirely falls on Armenia
- 17.06.2017Another Armenian soldier killed on frontline
- 17.06.2017Two Armenian soldiers wounded in Nagorno Karabakh
- 16.06.2017Three Armenian soldiers violating ceasefire killed
- 16.06.2017IDP plight highlighted for new Westminster Parliament
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia’s policy aimed at maintaining status-quo hinders progress in Karabakh talks
- 16.06.2017Bryza: War is in interests of neither Azerbaijan nor Armenia
- 16.06.2017Ex-US ambassador: Armenia should withdraw from occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 15.03.2017Khalaf Khalafov: Armenia encourages relocation of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2017Books by Lithuanian authors on Armenian aggression presented in Baku
- 15.03.2017Georgian professor joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017French President: “The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable”
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani President: “For the first stage, negotiations should be resumed as soon as possible”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict underway in Baku