Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity cannot be negotiated
The territorial integrity of Azerbaijan cannot be a topic for negotiations, said Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev addressing a dinner party hosted by French President Francois Hollande in Paris.
French President Francois Hollande hosted a dinner party for Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva in Paris March 14.
President Aliyev recalled that Armenia’s military aggression has resulted in the occupation of some 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory—Nagorno-Karabakh and the seven surrounding districts, which are our historical lands.
“[The enemy] carried out a policy of ethnic cleansing, as a result of which over one million Azerbaijanis became refugees and IDPs,” said the president, pointing to the four UN Security Council resolutions, as well as other decisions and resolutions passed by the UN General Assembly, OSCE, NATO, European Parliament, Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, Non-Aligned Movement, Organization of Islamic Cooperation and other international organizations.
“France, like the other co-chairs, has made repeated statements in this regard. Regrettably, Armenia is turning a blind eye to this and does not give up its occupation policy. Nagorno-Karabakh is an ancestral and historical land of Azerbaijan. The territorial integrity of Azerbaijan cannot be a topic for negotiations,” added the president.
Related news releases
- 22.11.2017Baku reacts to statement Armenian FM voiced at joint press conference with Russian counterpart
- 22.11.2017Erdogan: Only force that can resolve Karabahk conflict is Russia, Putin
- 22.11.2017Landmine explosion kills 3 Armenian soldiers in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijan summons French envoy over France visit of Karabakh illegal regime’s “head”
- 21.11.2017EU asked not to show different attitudes towards Karabakh and Catalan problems
- 21.11.2017Russian FM: Experience shows Karabakh talks unlikely to end soon
- 21.11.2017Lavrov: Russia will continue efforts to create conditions for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 21.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.11.2017OSCE Secretary General: "We closely monitor the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 20.11.2017Turkish ambassador talks about Erdogan's meeting with Putin
- 20.11.2017UNSC resolutions demanding liberation of Azerbaijani lands under discussion – Russian FM
- 20.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement should be tripled
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: UNSC resolutions to remain in force until implementation
- 20.11.2017Russia will work on peaceful solution acceptable to Karabakh conflict parties – Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Status quo in Karabakh conflict is 'unacceptable and unstable'
- 20.11.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite provocations of Armenia and its patrons, Azerbaijan doesn’t step back from ‘peace course’
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Deadlock in US-Russia ties doesn’t affect cooperation on Karabakh settlement
- 20.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will avenge child victims of Armenian armed provocations
- 20.11.201726 years pass since Armenia shot down military helicopter with Azerbaijani political elite on board
- 19.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 18.11.2017EU Special Representative for South Caucasus to visit Baku
- 18.11.2017Armenia 123 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 17.11.2017Erdogan: "We discussed Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Putin"
- 16.11.2017Armenia continues military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Following Vienna talks, we’ll offer the presidents to meet - INTERVIEW
- 16.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta reacts to reports on alleged U.S. decision to withdraw from OSCE MG chairmanship
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs agree to meet in Vienna next month
- 16.11.2017Baku agrees with proposal to hold meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in Vienna - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Moscow reacts to Matthew Bryza’s statement on possible change in Minsk Group format
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage rally outside Armenian embassy in Tbilisi, demand release of hostages Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 15.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan wants concrete results in Karabakh talks
- 15.11.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh must be implemented
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity at any cost
- 14.11.2017Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 14.11.2017Lavrov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement to be discussed in Baku and Yerevan
- 14.11.2017Russian FM Lavrov to visit Azerbaijan and Armenia – report
- 13.11.2017Meeting of OSCE MG co-chairs, PACE co-rapporteurs on Karabakh conflict postponed
- 13.11.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Armenian FM in Moscow
- 13.11.2017Nearly 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes in disrepair – MP
- 12.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 15.03.2017Khalaf Khalafov: Armenia encourages relocation of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2017Books by Lithuanian authors on Armenian aggression presented in Baku
- 15.03.2017Georgian professor joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017French President: “The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable”
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani President: “For the first stage, negotiations should be resumed as soon as possible”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict underway in Baku