Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s attempts to disrupt Karabakh talks failed - UPDATED
Azerbaijan’s stance on the resolution of the conflict remains unchanged, President Aliyev said addressing a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in nine months of 2017 and objectives for the future.
“The territorial integrity of our country can not a matter of negotiations,” the head of state noted.
The president stressed that Azerbaijan will never let a second Armenian state be created on its territory.
"You know, there has been no progress in the negotiations lately. Armenia has been trying to break the negotiations, making various accusations against us. To achieve this goal, they had laid down several conditions. Of course, I stated from the very beginning that no conditions would be accepted. They are putting themselves in a ridiculous situation by laying down such conditions and they will have to abandon this policy. However, life and reality again show that our analysis and policy reflect the reality,” said Ilham Aliyev.
He went on to say that today the negotiation process is being resumed without any conditions.
“Armenia has once again disgraced itself before the world community and the resumption of negotiations is not a gesture for us,” added the president.
Armenia’s hysterical statements, its appeals to other countries that are full of fear, are, in fact, an open confession that it is impossible for them to stand in front of us in the battle, said President Aliyev. He added that the April battles demonstrated this.
He noted that the situation on the contact line shows that today the Azerbaijani army has full control along the contact line of troops.
“Of course, Armenia should be more interested in restoring the negotiations. Otherwise, they will face very painful consequences. Intermediaries dealing with the problem are trying to ensure that the negotiation process gets restored. We are in favor of it. Therefore, I would like to reiterate that even though no real result has been achieved this year, Armenia has once again demonstrated itself to the world community as a weak, desperate, dependent country,” the president added.
Related news releases
- 18.10.2017Armenians attempt provocation at int’l festival in Sochi
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani State Commission informed of Shahbaz Guliyev’s relocation to Yerevan and return
- 17.10.2017OSCE Chairmanship welcomes fresh commitment by Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 17.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Sargsyan does not want to give up his habit of derailing talks
- 17.10.2017UN Secretary General welcomes summit between Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 16.10.2017Sargsyan: We agreed to take measures to further reduce tension on front line
- 16.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs will hold working sessions with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in near future
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents hold one-on meeting in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents meet in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet today
- 15.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 06.10.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: If separatism in Karabakh had been prevented earlier, there would not be Kurdish, Catalan crises
- 06.10.2017Organization of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting discussed in Yerevan
- 06.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM
- 06.10.2017Georgian Parl’t: No real int’l mediation for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 06.10.2017EU supports efforts towards Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 05.10.2017Armenians appeal to Russian Investigative Committee over historian Kuznetsov’s interviews to APA Information Agency
- 05.10.2017Armenian media distorts Czech Senate president’s remarks about Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 04.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 03.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Baku on Oct. 7
- 03.10.2017Ukraine committed to supporting Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – FM
- 02.10.2017“Catalonia referendum was one of events that were huge support to Azerbaijan in respect of Karabakh problem”
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 25th anniversary of Khojavand occupation by Armenia
- 02.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region this week
- 01.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 30.09.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 30.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.09.2017Turkish Foreign Ministry: "The visit of Turkish citizens to Nagorno-Karabakh was not coordinated with state bodies"
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia and its lobby in US engaged in unnecessary activity
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijani MP urges Turkey to take drastic measures against its citizens over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijan opens criminal case against Turkish citizens over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 28.09.2017Turkish defense minister calls for liberation of Azerbaijani territories occupied by Armenia
- 27.09.2017Nalbandian: OSCE MG co-chairs will visit Armenia in first half of October
- 27.09.2017UN chief welcomes recent meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 11.10.2017Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 12.10.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 12.10.2017Meeting between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia to be held in Geneva next week
- 08.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 07.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs arrives in Baku
- 06.10.2017Book “Children – Innocent Victims of War” published in Azerbaijan