Historian Kuznetsov: Threat of ‘Armenian terrorism’ on the rise in Russia
The Institute of Law and Human Rights of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS) hosted on Thursday a presentation ceremony for the book titled “The History of Transnational Armenian Terror in the 20th Century” by Russian historian, political analyst, Caucasian scientist Oleg Kuznetsov.
During the ceremony, the title of “Honorary Professor” of the Institute of Law and Human Rights was conferred on Kuznetsov for his extensive work in the fight against international terrorism, including Armenian terrorism, and exposing criminals in light of international law and national legislation, APA reported.
Ayten Mustafayeva, Director of the ANAS Institute of Law and Human Rights, spoke about the consequences of Armenian terrorism, deportation of the civilian population from western Azerbaijan, Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, occupation of Azerbaijani lands, Armenian terrorists' brutality against civilians and Kuznetsov's work against Armenian terrorism.
Speaking about the book titled "History of Transnational Armenian Terrorism in the 20th Century," Kuznetsov said that the publication of this book in Russia in 2015 was disallowed.
“Faced with persecution, I had to live in Azerbaijan for 4 months and finally had the book published in Moscow in 2016,” he said.
The historian noted that representatives of the Armenian diaspora had appealed to Russia’s law enforcement agencies for his prosecution.
Stressing that the book does not contain calls for terrorism, but rather condemns terrorism, the historian said that the organized Armenian Diaspora is a threat to every country.
Kuznetsov also emphasized that the threat of Armenian terrorism is on the rise in Russia.
He noted that the flare up in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict meets the interests of Armenia. “Because, they believe, in this case, Russia will be dragged into the war on the Armenian side while Turkey will join on the Azerbaijani side. Fortunately, Russia understands this intention of the Armenians and prevents the escalation of tension in the South Caucasus,” added the historian.
Kuznetsov emphasized that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s calling Armenia a fascist state reflects the reality.
- 22.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 20.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Karabakh conflict should be resolved through negotiations, compromises
- 19.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Jojug Marjanli has become symbol of our revival
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Let world know that not only Karabakh but also present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2018Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov appeals to Russian counterpart over anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Izvestia newspaper
- 16.04.2018Russian newspaper Izvestiya commits provocation against Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Yemeni blogger apologizes for illegal trip to Karabakh, escapes Azerbaijan's "black list"
- 09.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Legal framework created for settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.04.2018Ariel Cohen: Sides will eventually understand importance of settling Karabakh conflict on basis of UNSC decisions
- 08.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 06.04.2018Italy’s OSCE Chairmanship says not keen on creating new formats for Karabakh talks
- 06.04.2018OSCE hopes meeting between Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents could soon take place
- 06.04.2018Syria’s UN envoy comments on reports on deployment of terrorists from Syria in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 06.04.2018Another ceasefire violation from Armenia
- 05.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The main reason for the unsettledness of the Karabakh problem is that Armenia does not want to change the status quo"
- 05.04.2018Nothing being done to implement decisions on Karabakh problem – Turkish FM
- 05.04.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict will never be accepted – FM Mammadyarov
- 05.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018Minsk Group format shows co-op possible for sake of European security: OSCE Sec-Gen
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan to present note of protest to France
- 04.04.2018Former Nagorno-Karabakh commandant: ‘All illegal armed groups were disarmed during my time’
- 04.04.2018Washington Times publishes article by Azerbaijani ambassador on 25th anniversary of occupation of Kalbajar
- 04.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.04.2018Russia to grant Armenia interest-free loan for purchase of Iskander missile systems – report
- 03.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.04.2018Indian gov’t has nothing to do with exhibition organized in Khankendi – embassy
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on occupation of Kalbajar region and April escalation of 2016
- 02.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,100 times in March
- 02.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 105 times
- 30.03.2018Ogtay Asadov: Illusion of “greater Armenia” has always brought disasters on South Caucasus
- 29.03.2018Russian FM and OSCE Secretary General to discuss Karabakh conflict
- 29.03.20183 HALO Trust employees killed, 2 injured in landmine explosion in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 29.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.03.2018Baku says Armenian FM has special phobia against substantive negotiations
- 30.11.2017ANAMA carries out cleaning in area selected for new irrigation canal in Jabrayil district
- 01.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed
- 01.12.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,700 times in November
- 30.11.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey continues efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 29.11.2017Turkish FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Ankara
- 29.11.2017FM: Costa Rica supports peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict