Head of execute authority: US ambassador couldn’t bear to listen to Khojaly survivors
US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta and his spouse visited the settlement of IDPs from Khojaly in Goranboy district. The ambassador told me that he wants to listen to Khojaly survivors. I found several survivors. The ambassador and his spouse couldn’t bear to listen to all witnesses. His spouse was deeply affected after listening to two of witnesses of Khojaly genocide.
Head of Khojaly district executive authority Shahmar Usubov made the remarks at the round table organized by Azerbaijani Human Rights Commissioner (Ombudsman) on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Khojaly genocide Feb.22, APA reports.
Usubov stressed that IDPs from Khojaly settled in various districts. He said the Azerbaijani state and Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev are doing a great job for the recognition of the Khojaly genocide in the world.
Azerbaijani Commissioner for human rights, Elmira Suleymanova noted that the Armenians committed several crimes against the Azerbaijanis before the Khojaly genocide, thousands of Azerbaijanis were killed for their national identity. “Khojaly genocide has already been recognized at parliaments of several countries. I believe that a just peace will be achieved in the near future,” she said.
Elman Nasirov, MP, director of the Institute of Political Studies of the Academy of Public Administration under the Azerbaijani President, noted that the Khojaly genocide is an international crime of terrorism. “The target of an international crime of terrorism is those who survived. The survivors should be aware that Armenians know neither children nor old people and women. This was the goal. Khojaly has an ancient and rich cultural history, and there was an airport in its territory. The city was under siege for four months. Armenians supposed that they wouldn’t get any serious retaliatory strike. What they supposed was right”, he said.
A film related to the Khojaly genocide was displayed at the event.
The event was continued with speeches.
- 18.06.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Manvel Grigoryan participated in Khojaly genocide and other war crimes
- 17.06.2018News about the alleged flights of "fighter aircraft" of Armenia over Khankendi – the next information adventurism of the enemy
- 17.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 83 times
- 15.06.2018Zakharova: Creating favorable atmosphere key to resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.06.2018Kremlin: Too early to talk about further Aliyev-Pashinyan meetings
- 15.06.2018Separatist Nagorno-Karabakh regime's ex-minister of defense released
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in near future: OSCE MG co-chairs
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani official calls Armenian president’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh illegal
- 13.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The visit of the Armenian president to the Kalbajar region is a provocation"
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meet Armenian PM
- 13.06.2018Armenian president visits occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs arrive in Armenia
- 12.06.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to keep increasing its defense capability as long as Armenia continues occupation policy
- 11.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The statements of the Armenian FM confirm that Armenia is a party to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 10.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 09.06.2018MEP: I and my group will never pay illegal visit to Nagorno Karabakh
- 09.06.2018MP: Liberation of occupied lands in Nakhchivan is triumph of Azerbaijani president’s policy
- 09.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: I hope ACRE will adequately assess fact of occupation of Azerbaijani lands
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Army liberated over 11 thousand hectares of land in Nakhchivan
- 08.06.2018OSCE representatives visit Tartar district executive authority
- 07.06.2018Russian FM responds to Armenian PM’s idea that Nagorno-Karabakh should join negotiations as a party
- 07.06.2018Russia says will continue to help sides find solution to Karabakh conflict
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry responds to Armenian PM’s statement
- 07.06.2018Popov: OSCE MG co-chairs’ planned visit to Armenia aims to hold talks with new gov’t
- 07.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "I hope that the new leadership of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous government"
- 06.06.2018Australian Senate expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 05.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Armenia on June 13
- 03.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 82 times
- 01.06.2018Russian Foreign Ministry considers Pashinyan’s statement on settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict unconstructive
- 01.06.2018Oettinger: Karabakh conflict settlement ‘impossible’ without Russia
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev and Nikol Pashinyan can meet in coming weeks – Armenian FM
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Destruction of Azerbaijan’s historical, religious monuments by Armenia is unprecedented vandalism
- 30.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh conflict to be discussed at OSCE PA session
- 29.05.2018Baku: Armenian soldiers' shooting at Azerbaijani civilians shows inadmissibility of status quo
- 29.05.2018Agricultural machinery in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli hit by multiple bullets during Armenian shelling
- 28.05.2018President: Only way for Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement is restoration of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 28.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's 50 strongest armies
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani, French FMs discuss Karabakh conflict settlement
- 27.05.2018French FM: France helping to find a peaceful resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 27.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 22.02.2017Lavrov: MG co-chairs are not inactive
- 22.02.2017Yashar Aliyev: Armenia must realize that military occupation of another state’s territory didn’t represent solution
- 22.02.2017Scottish Parliament passes resolution on Khojaly tragedy
- 22.02.2017Azer Suleymanov: Act of vandalism committed in Azerbaijan’s Khojaly 25 years ago
- 22.02.2017US committed to Minsk Group process on Karabakh settlement – ambassador
- 22.02.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan will use all int’l platforms to resolve Karabakh conflict