Head of execute authority: US ambassador couldn’t bear to listen to Khojaly survivors
US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta and his spouse visited the settlement of IDPs from Khojaly in Goranboy district. The ambassador told me that he wants to listen to Khojaly survivors. I found several survivors. The ambassador and his spouse couldn’t bear to listen to all witnesses. His spouse was deeply affected after listening to two of witnesses of Khojaly genocide.
Head of Khojaly district executive authority Shahmar Usubov made the remarks at the round table organized by Azerbaijani Human Rights Commissioner (Ombudsman) on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Khojaly genocide Feb.22, APA reports.
Usubov stressed that IDPs from Khojaly settled in various districts. He said the Azerbaijani state and Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev are doing a great job for the recognition of the Khojaly genocide in the world.
Azerbaijani Commissioner for human rights, Elmira Suleymanova noted that the Armenians committed several crimes against the Azerbaijanis before the Khojaly genocide, thousands of Azerbaijanis were killed for their national identity. “Khojaly genocide has already been recognized at parliaments of several countries. I believe that a just peace will be achieved in the near future,” she said.
Elman Nasirov, MP, director of the Institute of Political Studies of the Academy of Public Administration under the Azerbaijani President, noted that the Khojaly genocide is an international crime of terrorism. “The target of an international crime of terrorism is those who survived. The survivors should be aware that Armenians know neither children nor old people and women. This was the goal. Khojaly has an ancient and rich cultural history, and there was an airport in its territory. The city was under siege for four months. Armenians supposed that they wouldn’t get any serious retaliatory strike. What they supposed was right”, he said.
A film related to the Khojaly genocide was displayed at the event.
The event was continued with speeches.
- 25.09.2017Committee for Protection of Rights of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev holds meeting
- 24.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 24.09.2017The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group release statement on the meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs
- 24.09.2017Substantial negotiations on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement discussed in New York - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 23.09.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with OSCE Minsk Group Co-chairs - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with co-chairs today
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan says Armenian FM tries to portray Minsk Group co-chairs as ‘tourists’ or ‘event organizers’
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan declares US congressmen persona non grata
- 22.09.2017Armenians again set fire to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 22.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally to protest Armenian MPs’ visit to Baku
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on Sept. 23
- 21.09.2017Peace Platform congratulates Armenian, Azerbaijani peoples on Int’l Peace Day
- 21.09.2017Armenian MFA and MoD differ on idea of returning part of occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 21.09.2017Deputy PM: Peoples of Azerbaijan, Armenia tired of Karabakh conflict
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev calls Armenia ‘occupier’ at UN
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan says US congressmen’s illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh is being investigated
- 20.09.2017EU says it’s closely following Karabakh settlement process
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia tries to associate other countries with illegal occupation
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan urges OIC countries to limit all forms of co-op with Armenia
- 20.09.2017OIC Contact Group mulls Armenia’s aggression against Azerbaijan at UN
- 20.09.2017Turkish president: “We need to work harder for the resolution of Nagorno Garabakh” - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs expected to meet on Sept. 23 - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017US co-chair says he hopes meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs will create a basis for presidents’ meeting
- 18.09.2017ICRC: Issue of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev in spotlight
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan says it will never allow another Armenian state to be created in its sovereign territory
- 17.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 16.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 148 times
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan’s painful Karabakh problem is also Turkey’s problem – envoy
- 15.09.2017"France always sensitive about Karabakh conflict settlement process"
- 14.09.2017MP: Important to establish dialogue between Azerbaijani, Armenian youth within CIS
- 14.09.2017Farhad Badalbayli: Creation of OSCE Minsk Group was ‘biggest mistake’
- 14.09.2017Russian expert believes Karabakh conflict hinders strengthening of Moscow-Baku co-op
- 13.09.2017Turkish envoy: April battles showed what Azerbaijan is capable of doing
- 10.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 96 times
- 09.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade: “We offered to hold meeting of religious leaders on the Azerbaijan-Armenia border” - INTERVIEW
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Karabakh conflict ‘a major threat’ to regional peace, security
- 08.09.2017Patriarch Kirill: Current situation on Karabakh conflict cannot be considered acceptable
- 08.09.2017Armenians again set fire to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 22.02.2017Lavrov: MG co-chairs are not inactive
- 22.02.2017Yashar Aliyev: Armenia must realize that military occupation of another state’s territory didn’t represent solution
- 22.02.2017Scottish Parliament passes resolution on Khojaly tragedy
- 22.02.2017Azer Suleymanov: Act of vandalism committed in Azerbaijan’s Khojaly 25 years ago
- 22.02.2017US committed to Minsk Group process on Karabakh settlement – ambassador
- 22.02.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan will use all int’l platforms to resolve Karabakh conflict