Head of execute authority: US ambassador couldn’t bear to listen to Khojaly survivors
US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta and his spouse visited the settlement of IDPs from Khojaly in Goranboy district. The ambassador told me that he wants to listen to Khojaly survivors. I found several survivors. The ambassador and his spouse couldn’t bear to listen to all witnesses. His spouse was deeply affected after listening to two of witnesses of Khojaly genocide.
Head of Khojaly district executive authority Shahmar Usubov made the remarks at the round table organized by Azerbaijani Human Rights Commissioner (Ombudsman) on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Khojaly genocide Feb.22, APA reports.
Usubov stressed that IDPs from Khojaly settled in various districts. He said the Azerbaijani state and Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev are doing a great job for the recognition of the Khojaly genocide in the world.
Azerbaijani Commissioner for human rights, Elmira Suleymanova noted that the Armenians committed several crimes against the Azerbaijanis before the Khojaly genocide, thousands of Azerbaijanis were killed for their national identity. “Khojaly genocide has already been recognized at parliaments of several countries. I believe that a just peace will be achieved in the near future,” she said.
Elman Nasirov, MP, director of the Institute of Political Studies of the Academy of Public Administration under the Azerbaijani President, noted that the Khojaly genocide is an international crime of terrorism. “The target of an international crime of terrorism is those who survived. The survivors should be aware that Armenians know neither children nor old people and women. This was the goal. Khojaly has an ancient and rich cultural history, and there was an airport in its territory. The city was under siege for four months. Armenians supposed that they wouldn’t get any serious retaliatory strike. What they supposed was right”, he said.
A film related to the Khojaly genocide was displayed at the event.
The event was continued with speeches.
- 29.03.2017OSCE MG: Respect for ceasefire is of utmost importance for further talks on Karabakh conflict
- 29.03.2017Iran’s stance on territorial integrity of Azerbaijan remains unchanged – Embassy
- 29.03.2017GATA head joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 29.03.2017Popov: Agreement reached to expand Kasprzyk’s office
- 29.03.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 28.03.2017France is ready to host meeting between Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents on its territory
- 28.03.2017Lukashenko: Armenia, Azerbaijan should resolve Karabakh conflict without mediators
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan expresses protest over Iranian musician’s concert in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan appeals to OSCE MG member countries over Sargsyan’s statement
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Moscow
- 27.03.2017OSCE MG co-chairs, Armenian FM mull Karabakh settlement
- 27.03.2017Armenia begins excavations at mosque in occupied Shusha
- 27.03.2017Ukrainian scientist joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 26.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan’s military leadership visits frontline
- 23.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2017Armenian armed forces holding military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 21.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times
- 19.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 136 times
- 18.03.2017Armenia lost hopes and lives with depression – Azerbaijani president
- 18.03.2017Colombian Senate passes decision on 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
- 17.03.2017Ex-presidents express support for Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017Cultural worker from Ukraine joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017PM: April battles – a victorious page of Azerbaijan’s military history
- 17.03.2017Kwasniewski: No chance of progress in Karabakh talks without implementation of UN resolutions
- 17.03.2017Former Kyrgyz PM comments on country’s refusal to sign ECO declaration
- 16.03.2017Moscow says nothing hidden in Karabakh talks
- 16.03.2017Russian political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Change in status quo means liberation of occupied Azerbaijan lands
- 15.03.2017PACE members meet with IDPs
- 15.03.2017Putin: Russia continues to assist in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.03.2017French president urges progress towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2017Georgian professor joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017Books by Lithuanian authors on Armenian aggression presented in Baku
- 15.03.2017Khalaf Khalafov: Armenia encourages relocation of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity cannot be negotiated
- 15.03.2017French President: “The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable”
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani President: “For the first stage, negotiations should be resumed as soon as possible”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict underway in Baku
- 22.02.2017Lavrov: MG co-chairs are not inactive
- 22.02.2017Yashar Aliyev: Armenia must realize that military occupation of another state’s territory didn’t represent solution
- 22.02.2017Scottish Parliament passes resolution on Khojaly tragedy
- 22.02.2017Azer Suleymanov: Act of vandalism committed in Azerbaijan’s Khojaly 25 years ago
- 22.02.2017US committed to Minsk Group process on Karabakh settlement – ambassador
- 22.02.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan will use all int’l platforms to resolve Karabakh conflict