German MP: Escalations of armed violence have to be prevented in order not to allow Khojaly tragedy to happen again
Member of the Cristian Democrats Union fraction at the German Bundestag Mark Hauptmann stated in his answer to the question of The European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS) regarding the role and participation of the international organizations in the process of solution of the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh that, the territorial integrity of sovereign states and the inviolability of borders are the basic principles of the international relations.
The correlating four resolutions of the United Nations Security Council explicitly provide that withdrawal of Armenian armed forces out of the against international law occupied regions of Azerbaijan and the return of the IDP’s to their homeland have priority.
Hauptmann emphasized that return of the IDP’s to their homeland is an important concern for Germany, TEAS told APA.
Responding to the question: “Despite repeated negotiation rounds within the scope of OSCE Minsk Group the process of conflict resolution is languishing. Greater involvement of the German government as a flagman of the European Union in the negotiations is solicited. Is the official Berlin willing to take concrete steps for solution of the conflict fast and peacefully?” M.Hauptmann stated that, Germany supports the conflict resolution within a multilateral format in the scope of OSCE-Minsk-Group and will do this in future as well. We were happy to hear, that for Austria’s OSCE chairmanship this year, the ongoing confidence building between the conflicting parties within the conflict will be priority. The peaceful solution may only be achieved at negotiation table.
Touching upon the issue of Armenian armed forces opening fire on Azerbaijani positions along the entire Line of Contact last year in April, the German MP underlined: “The steady adherence to the general prohibition of the use of force basic principles in international relations and the UN Security Council’s resolutions is indispensable basis for an aspired political solution of the conflict. Accordingly, Germany condemns any aggression fiercely. Further escalations of armed violence have to be prevented, in order not to allow Khojaly tragedy to happen again”.
Related news releases
- 25.06.2017Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 148 times
- 24.06.2017Erdogan: "Turkey and Azerbaijan are on the same position on Karabakh issue"
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani army adequately retaliated against enemy a week ago – President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Int’l community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as an integral part of Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017EU: Ceasefire violations indicate status quo in Karabak conflict ‘unsustainable’
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijan’s refugee and IDP pain highlighted in the French Senate
- 22.06.2017Moscow says OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs’ latest statement fully reflects its stance
- 22.06.2017MFA spokesman: OSCE MG co-chairs should draw conclusions from public discontent in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017ICRC begins dialogue with parties on Armenian scout captured by Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2017U.S. Department of State: "The United States is deeply concerned over the recent violations of the ceasefire"
- 21.06.2017ICRC visits Azerbaijani detainees in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijan removes Japanese blogger from ‘black list’
- 21.06.2017Stark reminders of Azerbaijan’s IDP plight come to Brussels
- 21.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 20.06.2017EU envoy expresses concern over situation in South Caucasus
- 20.06.2017Minister: There can’t be an influx of tourists to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM: Some Muslim countries still provide assistance to Armenia
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM criticizes OSCE MG co-chairs for failing to settle Karabakh conflict
- 19.06.2017Co-chairs to brief Minsk Group members on Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia pursues goal of undermining Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement after their visit to region
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Most int’l organizations recognize occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 19.06.2017Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed: German envoy
- 19.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia tries to interfere with OSCE MG co-chairs’ activities
- 19.06.2017Popov expresses regret over recent ceasefire violations on contact line
- 19.06.2017Popov: Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents stand for continuation of peace talks
- 19.06.2017Popov: Minsk Group co-chairs’ latest statement addressed to both sides
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani official accuses Armenia of continued provocations
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan will never give up principle of territorial integrity
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to start visit to Azerbaijan today
- 18.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Responsibility for escalation of situation in front entirely falls on Armenia
- 17.06.2017Another Armenian soldier killed on frontline
- 17.06.2017Two Armenian soldiers wounded in Nagorno Karabakh
- 16.06.2017Three Armenian soldiers violating ceasefire killed
- 16.06.2017IDP plight highlighted for new Westminster Parliament
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia’s policy aimed at maintaining status-quo hinders progress in Karabakh talks
- 16.06.2017Bryza: War is in interests of neither Azerbaijan nor Armenia
- 16.06.2017Ex-US ambassador: Armenia should withdraw from occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 12.04.2017FM: Azerbaijan ready to provide all guarantees to both Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 13.04.2017Moldovan political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 14.04.2017Grandson of Armenian Drama Theater founder joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 12.04.2017Professor of Tel-Aviv University joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 11.04.2017OSCE announced details of its activities in the direction of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement in its annual report
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani FM calls for international pressure on Armenia