Garadaghli massacre anniversary commemorated in Azerbaijani district
Representatives of the public, soldiers and officers of a military unit in Beylegan attended the event organized by the district executive authority.
Armenia’s armed units, backed by the 366th infantry regiment of Soviet troops, stationed in Khankendi, launched an attack on the Azerbaijani village of Garadaghli on February 15, 1992. After two-day fierce battles, Armenian occupied the village on February 17.
The village underwent completely destruction during the occupation, innocent unarmed people, including women and children, were murdered, tortured and taken hostages. Nearly 80 of 117 villagers taken hostage were killed, 6 went missing. According to eyewitnesses, 9 people were taken hostage.
Some witnesses said the Armenians shot 43 Azerbaijani hostages to death in an area 2 km away from Khankendi, and some were decapitated.
The village of Garadaghli is still under occupation.
- 28.02.2017Eurasia Research Center joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 28.02.2017Hoagland: Latest incident on contact line of Armenian, Azerbaijani troops underscores necessity to immediately resume talks
- 28.02.2017Minsk Group failed to ensure justice in Karabakh conflict: Turkish opposition leader
- 28.02.2017Warlick: All details of April war have not been revealed so far
- 28.02.2017UN chief urges resumption of negotiations on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 27.02.2017NATO Secretary-General calls on Baku and Yerevan to resume negotiations for settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 27.02.2017Khojaly Genocide hashtag among Top 5 on Twitter
- 27.02.2017ICRC: Dead bodies of soldiers collected from battlefield
- 27.02.2017Germany’s Social Democratic Party, Germany–South Caucasus parliamentary group issue statements on Khojaly Genocide
- 27.02.2017Tusk: No military solution to Karabakh conflict
- 27.02.2017Polish lawmaker joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 27.02.2017Turkish PM: Khojaly massacre – a common grief of Turks
- 26.02.2017The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group issued statement on the clash on the line of contact
- 26.02.2017Exhibition commemorating Khojaly Massacre victims opens in Berlin
- 26.02.2017‘The Concentration Camp’ book published
- 26.02.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform expresses concern over mounting escalation at contact line
- 26.02.2017Azerbaijan: Int’l tribunal needed for Khojaly genocide
- 26.02.2017Khojaly Genocide: 25 years pass since tragedy of 20th century
- 26.02.2017Azerbaijan urges OSCE MG to force Armenia into peace talks
- 26.02.2017“Armenia will never be able to annex Azerbaijani lands”
- 26.02.2017Khojaly massacre – a black spot in history of mankind: Turkish envoy
- 26.02.2017Azerbaijani president pays tribute to Khojaly genocide victims
- 26.02.2017Nationwide march held in Baku to commemorate 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide
- 26.02.2017Turkish parliament speaker marks 1992 Khojaly massacre
- 26.02.2017“We will not leave our homes” - REPORTAGE FROM THE FRONTLINE VILLAGE
- 26.02.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide
- 25.02.2017MP: “An adequate response given to the enemy this time”
- 25.02.2017Vice-Speaker of the Azerbaijani Parliament: "Military provocations became key tool for Armenia"
- 25.02.2017Samad Seyidov: "Such provocations - traditional, usual tactics of Armenians"
- 25.02.2017Tension on frontline is continuation of Armenia’s political provocation such as “referendum” – FM
- 25.02.2017Book titled “Eight days in Armenian prison” by Khojaly genocide witness presented in Istanbul
- 25.02.2017Armenian history will always carry stigma of genocide – top official
- 25.02.2017Italian Senator proposes to recognize Khojaly genocide
- 25.02.2017Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijani army will give adequate response to Armenian provocations
- 25.02.2017Turkish ambassador: Armenians accusing us of genocide, try to hide traces of crimes they committed
- 25.02.2017Carey Cavanaugh: "The United States should cooperate with Russia in the settlement of Nagorno Karabakh problem"
- 24.02.2017Situation in zone of Nagorno Karabakh conflict causes concern – OSCE Secretary General
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan suspends activity of Working Group on assessment of damage caused by Armenian occupation
- 24.02.2017Turkish Foreign Ministry condemns Khojaly Massacre
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan to appeal to UNESCO over illegal archaeological activity in occupied lands
- 17.02.2017Armenian soldier dies in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 17.02.2017Event titled ‘From Garadaghli to Khojaly’ held in Baku
- 17.02.2017Iran against “referendum” in Nagorno-Karabakh – embassy
- 17.02.2017Chairman of Hellenic Azerbaijani Youth Center joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.02.2017OIC secretary general commemorates Khojaly Massacre
- 17.02.2017France doesn’t recognize Nagorno-Karabakh independence, says ambassador