FM: Azerbaijan ready to provide all guarantees to both Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
The future of the Eastern Partnership strongly depends on lasting security, peace and stability in the Region suffered from conflicts, said Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov.
Azerbaijan believes that timely and active role to be played by the EU is important for stability and development in our region, Mammadov said at the meeting of foreign ministers of Visegrad (V4) Group and Eastern Partnership countries, the Azerbaijani MFA told APA.
He noted that Azerbaijan is interested in a negotiated settlement of the conflict and roadmap based on principles of international law.
“Particularly, as it is enshrined in the Global Strategy for the EU’s Foreign and Security Policy-2016. However, the country keeps all rights to restore its violated territorial integrity by all possible means in its disposal if already decades-old negotiations do not yield any results,” Mammadyarov said.
The FM outlined that the Government of Azerbaijan is ready to provide all guarantees to the both (Armenian and Azerbaijani) communities of the Nagorno-Karabakh region.
“Contrary to Azerbaijan’s attempts to find a solution to the conflict, Armenia is continuously conducting a purposeful policy of changing the demographic nature of the occupied territories, as well as fabricating illegal “elections” or “referendums” in the occupied Nagorno-Karabakh. The most recent illegal “referendum” in the occupied territories proved to be yet another provocative attempt against the constitutional order of the Republic of Azerbaijan. This illegal action has been rejected by the international community,” he added.
Mammadyarov also added that the April events of 2016 and the most recent provocation taken place in the Line of Contact on February 25, 2017 proved the fragility of the situation of “no war, no peace.”
Related news releases
- 23.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: What do co-chairs think about Armenian president who promised and then took different step?!
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani soldier killed during Armenian provocation laid to rest
- 22.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.10.2017Two Armenian soldiers die in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia, which destroys mosques, can never be a friend of Muslim states
- 19.10.2017Baku: 'Armenian leadership had better read UNSC resolutions on Karabakh'
- 19.10.2017Foreign Ministry: Issue of American showman’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh under investigation
- 18.10.2017Armenians attempt provocation at int’l festival in Sochi
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani State Commission informed of Shahbaz Guliyev’s relocation to Yerevan and return
- 17.10.2017OSCE Chairmanship welcomes fresh commitment by Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 17.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Sargsyan does not want to give up his habit of derailing talks
- 17.10.2017UN Secretary General welcomes summit between Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 16.10.2017Sargsyan: We agreed to take measures to further reduce tension on front line
- 16.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs will hold working sessions with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in near future
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents hold one-on meeting in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents meet in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet today
- 15.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 12.10.2017Meeting between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia to be held in Geneva next week
- 12.10.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s attempts to disrupt Karabakh talks failed - UPDATED
- 08.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 07.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs arrives in Baku
- 06.10.2017Book “Children – Innocent Victims of War” published in Azerbaijan
- 06.10.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: If separatism in Karabakh had been prevented earlier, there would not be Kurdish, Catalan crises
- 06.10.2017Organization of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting discussed in Yerevan
- 06.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM
- 06.10.2017Georgian Parl’t: No real int’l mediation for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 06.10.2017EU supports efforts towards Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 05.10.2017Armenians appeal to Russian Investigative Committee over historian Kuznetsov’s interviews to APA Information Agency
- 05.10.2017Armenian media distorts Czech Senate president’s remarks about Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 04.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 13.04.2017Moldovan political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 14.04.2017Grandson of Armenian Drama Theater founder joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.04.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 12.04.2017German MP: Escalations of armed violence have to be prevented in order not to allow Khojaly tragedy to happen again
- 12.04.2017Professor of Tel-Aviv University joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 11.04.2017OSCE announced details of its activities in the direction of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement in its annual report