FM: Azerbaijan ready to provide all guarantees to both Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
The future of the Eastern Partnership strongly depends on lasting security, peace and stability in the Region suffered from conflicts, said Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov.
Azerbaijan believes that timely and active role to be played by the EU is important for stability and development in our region, Mammadov said at the meeting of foreign ministers of Visegrad (V4) Group and Eastern Partnership countries, the Azerbaijani MFA told APA.
He noted that Azerbaijan is interested in a negotiated settlement of the conflict and roadmap based on principles of international law.
“Particularly, as it is enshrined in the Global Strategy for the EU’s Foreign and Security Policy-2016. However, the country keeps all rights to restore its violated territorial integrity by all possible means in its disposal if already decades-old negotiations do not yield any results,” Mammadyarov said.
The FM outlined that the Government of Azerbaijan is ready to provide all guarantees to the both (Armenian and Azerbaijani) communities of the Nagorno-Karabakh region.
“Contrary to Azerbaijan’s attempts to find a solution to the conflict, Armenia is continuously conducting a purposeful policy of changing the demographic nature of the occupied territories, as well as fabricating illegal “elections” or “referendums” in the occupied Nagorno-Karabakh. The most recent illegal “referendum” in the occupied territories proved to be yet another provocative attempt against the constitutional order of the Republic of Azerbaijan. This illegal action has been rejected by the international community,” he added.
Mammadyarov also added that the April events of 2016 and the most recent provocation taken place in the Line of Contact on February 25, 2017 proved the fragility of the situation of “no war, no peace.”
Related news releases
- 24.04.2017‘Peace Ambassador’ of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform from Poland appointed
- 24.04.2017Foreign doctors to examine Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenians: State Commission
- 23.04.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 114 times
- 21.04.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform, NGO “The Caucasus Interface” agree upon cooperation
- 21.04.2017Russian, Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs likely to meet on April 27
- 20.04.2017Polish health worker joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 20.04.2017Kamran Imanov: To justify its territorial claims, Armenia continues appropriation of Azerbaijan’s cultural heritage
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan pleased with stance of Muslim countries on Karabakh conflict – PA official
- 19.04.2017Russian, Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs may meet in Moscow
- 19.04.2017Associate Professor of Belarusian State University joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan to blacklist foreign companies operating illegally in its occupied territories
- 18.04.2017Russian Orthodox Church comments on CMO’s Khojaly appeal
- 17.04.2017Chairman of Association for Polish-Azerbaijani Cooperation joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.04.2017Head of Israeli Research Center joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.04.2017Azerbaijan Defense Minister met with Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council of Iran
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani FM calls for international pressure on Armenia
- 11.04.2017PABSEC: One out of every nine people in Azerbaijan is refugee or IDP
- 11.04.2017Ukrainian branch of Int’l Human Rights Society joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani FM: Common approach and principles should be applied to all conflicts
- 11.04.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017NATO says ‘it doesn’t want to even think of possibility of Armenia-Azerbaijan war’
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Extradition to Azerbaijan of person who illegally visited Karabakh was a lesson to others
- 10.04.2017Azerbaijani president: Restoration of Jojug Marjanli is a historic event
- 10.04.2017Russian branch of Int’l Human Rights Society joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 09.04.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 132 times
- 07.04.2017Lukashenko calls on CIS to play active role in resolving conflicts in post-Soviet space
- 07.04.2017International Human Rights Society joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 07.04.2017French journalist appeals to Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry
- 07.04.2017EU says status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh unacceptable
- 06.04.2017Human rights activist Saadat Bananyarli joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 06.04.2017Azerbaijan erects monument to soldiers martyred fighting for Lele Tepe
- 06.04.2017March held in Horadiz to celebrate anniversary of April victories
- 06.04.2017Israeli envoy: There was hope for Karabakh conflict settlement after last year’s April escalation
- 05.04.2017France fully committed to lasting solution to Karabakh conflict
- 05.04.2017Russian MFA makes statement on anniversary of April escalation in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 05.04.2017Writer Elchin Huseynbeyli joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 05.04.2017Azerbaijan organizes foreign students’ trip to Jojug Marjanli
- 05.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenian leadership tries to create global confrontation
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijani President: "We highly appreciate Russia's efforts to settle the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 04.04.2017Lavrov: Moscow expects Baku, Yerevan will show political will for mutual concessions
- 13.04.2017Moldovan political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 14.04.2017Grandson of Armenian Drama Theater founder joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.04.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 12.04.2017German MP: Escalations of armed violence have to be prevented in order not to allow Khojaly tragedy to happen again
- 12.04.2017Professor of Tel-Aviv University joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 11.04.2017OSCE announced details of its activities in the direction of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement in its annual report