Event titled ‘From Garadaghli to Khojaly’ held in Baku
The State Commission of Azerbaijan on Prisoners of War, Hostages and Missing Persons and 1905.az portal of the Association for Civil Society Development in Azerbaijan (ACSDA) held a discussion in Baku Feb. 17 on the theme “From Garadaghli to Khojaly”.
The event was attended by Eldar Samadov, deputy head of the State Commission’s working group, commission member Khanhuseyn Kazimli, ACSDA expert Ramiz Sevdimaliyev, and others, APA reported.
Kazimli spoke about the consequences of the Armenian occupation.
ACSDA expert Ramiz Sevdimaliyev noted that the Armenian government is responsible for all the crimes committed in Nagorno-Karabakh, adding that Armenia’s former prime minister Vazgen Sargsyan took an active part in the crimes against Azerbaijanis.
Naila Dadashova, an official of the State Commission, said that accounts given by freed hostages and captives will be filmed and kept for future generations.
Armenia’s armed units, backed by the 366th infantry regiment of Soviet troops, stationed in Khankendi, launched an attack on the Azerbaijani village of Garadaghli on February 15, 1992. After two-day fierce battles, Armenian occupied the village on February 17.
The village underwent completely destruction during the occupation, innocent unarmed people, including women and children, were murdered, tortured and taken hostages. Nearly 80 of 117 villagers taken hostage were killed, 6 went missing. According to eyewitnesses, 9 people were taken hostage.
Some witnesses said the Armenians shot 43 Azerbaijani hostages to death in an area 2 km away from Khankendi, and some were decapitated.
On February 25-26, 1992, the Armenian armed forces, together with the 366th infantry regiment of Soviet troops, stationed in Khankendi, committed an act of genocide against the population of the Azerbaijani town of Khojaly. As many as 613 people, including 63 children, 106 women and 70 old people were killed as a result of the massacre. Eight families were totally exterminated, 130 children lost one parent and 25 children lost both. A total of 487 civilians became disabled as a result of the onslaught. Some 1,275 innocent residents were taken hostage, while the fate of 150 people still remains unknown.
- 23.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2017Armenian armed forces holding military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 21.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times
- 19.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 136 times
- 18.03.2017Armenia lost hopes and lives with depression – Azerbaijani president
- 18.03.2017Colombian Senate passes decision on 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
- 17.03.2017Ex-presidents express support for Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017Cultural worker from Ukraine joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017PM: April battles – a victorious page of Azerbaijan’s military history
- 17.03.2017Kwasniewski: No chance of progress in Karabakh talks without implementation of UN resolutions
- 17.03.2017Former Kyrgyz PM comments on country’s refusal to sign ECO declaration
- 16.03.2017Moscow says nothing hidden in Karabakh talks
- 16.03.2017Russian political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Change in status quo means liberation of occupied Azerbaijan lands
- 15.03.2017PACE members meet with IDPs
- 15.03.2017Putin: Russia continues to assist in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.03.2017French president urges progress towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2017Georgian professor joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017Books by Lithuanian authors on Armenian aggression presented in Baku
- 15.03.2017Khalaf Khalafov: Armenia encourages relocation of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity cannot be negotiated
- 15.03.2017French President: “The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable”
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani President: “For the first stage, negotiations should be resumed as soon as possible”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict underway in Baku
- 14.03.2017Ilham Aliyev urges foreign companies to avoid illegal activity in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 14.03.2017Russian journalist: Majority of Karabakh Armenians were forcibly “armenianized”
- 14.03.2017“If war erupts in Karabakh, Russia, Georgia and Turkey will be involved in it”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict kicks off in Baku
- 14.03.2017German MPs adopt Declaration on Khojaly Massacre
- 14.03.2017Russian political analyst calls for Khojaly Genocide recognition
- 14.03.2017Armenian-born researcher: Positive solution to Karabakh conflict is near
- 13.03.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian MPs planned to be held in French Senate
- 13.03.2017France respects Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says senator
- 13.03.2017French senator calls for restoration of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 13.03.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform expresses support for OSCE MG American co-chair
- 12.03.2017Azerbaijani army carries out artillery strike on Armenian strongpoint - VİDEO
- 12.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 11.03.2017US co-chair: Nagorno Karabakh problem differs from other conflicts in post-Soviet space
- 11.03.2017Richard Hoagland: We will check Armenian leadership’s political will next week
- 17.02.2017Iran against “referendum” in Nagorno-Karabakh – embassy
- 17.02.2017Ukrainian embassy: Any referendum in Azerbaijan can only be held under national legislation
- 17.02.2017EU does not recognize “referendum” in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 17.02.2017Armenian soldier dies in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 17.02.2017Garadaghli massacre anniversary commemorated in Azerbaijani district
- 17.02.2017Chairman of Hellenic Azerbaijani Youth Center joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform