Dugin: Azerbaijani people are not hostile to ordinary Armenians, but only want liberation of occupied territories by peaceful means
Russia's well-known public-political figure, philosopher, political analyst, translator, Professor of Lomonosov Moscow State University Alexander Dugin made a trip to Ivanovka village of Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli district on May 3.
“The Russians in Ivanovka told me that they live compactly and comfortably there, they don’t face any discrimination or conflict as ethnic minorities, and they work collectively and live a peaceful life, I was so happy about it,” Dugin said, APA reported.
Dugin said that his visit to Ivanovka made deep impressions on him about the Russian community. “The residents of Ivanovka told me that they always feel the care of the state and nowhere in the world there is such calmness as in Azerbaijan. They told that they are not even concerned about letting their children out at nights. I have visited many countries, and I would say that no big cities have such high standard of living as in the village of Ivanovka.”
The Russian political analyst noted that during the visit he has witnessed what he had heard and read about the development of Azerbaijan.
“From my conversations with some Ivanovka residents and from my own observations, I concluded that the Russians, who are compactly residing in Azerbaijan, unlike those living in other countries of the South Caucasus, don’t want to leave the country. On the contrary, those who once went to other countries want to return to Azerbaijan,” he added.
Dugin also touched upon the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“After my meetings in Baku and Ismayilli, I once again realized that the Azerbaijani people stand against the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh and want peace. The Azerbaijani people are not hostile to ordinary Armenians, but only want the liberation of the occupied territories by peaceful means. However, certain forces are interested in constantly maintaining tension between the two nations. Russia is trying to contribute to the soonest settlement of the conflict,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.11.201726 years have passed since Armenians shot down military helicopter with Azerbaijani political elite on board
- 19.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 18.11.2017EU Special Representative for South Caucasus to visit Baku
- 18.11.2017Armenia 123 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 17.11.2017Erdogan: "We discussed Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Putin"
- 16.11.2017Armenia continues military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Following Vienna talks, we’ll offer the presidents to meet - INTERVIEW
- 16.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta reacts to reports on alleged U.S. decision to withdraw from OSCE MG chairmanship
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs agree to meet in Vienna next month
- 16.11.2017Baku agrees with proposal to hold meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in Vienna - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Moscow reacts to Matthew Bryza’s statement on possible change in Minsk Group format
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage rally outside Armenian embassy in Tbilisi, demand release of hostages Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 15.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan wants concrete results in Karabakh talks
- 15.11.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh must be implemented
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity at any cost
- 14.11.2017Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 14.11.2017Lavrov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement to be discussed in Baku and Yerevan
- 14.11.2017Russian FM Lavrov to visit Azerbaijan and Armenia – report
- 13.11.2017Meeting of OSCE MG co-chairs, PACE co-rapporteurs on Karabakh conflict postponed
- 13.11.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Armenian FM in Moscow
- 13.11.2017Nearly 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes in disrepair – MP
- 12.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 11.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017U.S. diplomat says status quo in respect of Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’
- 10.11.2017OSCE Permanent Council holds meeting on Karabakh conflict
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan expects OSCE MG to take practical steps to intensify peace negotiations over Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 09.11.2017Contacts in various formats on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are no exception – Russian Foreign Ministry
- 08.11.2017Armenians attempt to interrupt Karabakh discussions during NATO PA seminar
- 08.11.2017Moscow: OSCE MG co-chairs plan to organize meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs by year-end
- 07.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: To change status quo, occupation of Azerbaijani lands must end
- 07.11.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 07.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta discusses Karabakh conflict with U.S. co-chair of OSCE MG
- 07.11.2017Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents is ‘a positive step’, says U.S. envoy
- 06.11.2017Dennis Sammut: Potential war in Karabakh won’t be like before
- 06.11.2017Turkey's municipal heads visit Jojug Marjanli
- 05.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 04.11.2017Anti-tank grenade blows up killing one and wounding two in Armenian military unit in Nagorno Narakabh
- 03.11.2017Women of Khojaly sends letter to CNN host Bourdain over his illegal visit to Karabakh
- 03.11.2017OSCE chief says ‘important’ to work with Russia to settle conflicts
- 03.11.2017U.S. supports peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict, says ambassador
- 04.05.2017Markedonov: Status quo in Karabakh conflict unlikely to be changed by Moscow or Washington
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani president: We restored Armenian church in Baku, while Armenia annihilated our cultural heritage in occupied lands
- 05.05.2017ICRC comments on reports of its workers being opened fire at by Armenians in Aghdam
- 03.05.2017Iranian MFA slams Armenian media for actions for personal gain
- 03.05.2017Indonesian envoy: Karabakh conflict is Azerbaijan’s internal affair
- 03.05.2017Ukrainian human rights defender joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform