Dugin: Azerbaijani people are not hostile to ordinary Armenians, but only want liberation of occupied territories by peaceful means
Russia's well-known public-political figure, philosopher, political analyst, translator, Professor of Lomonosov Moscow State University Alexander Dugin made a trip to Ivanovka village of Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli district on May 3.
“The Russians in Ivanovka told me that they live compactly and comfortably there, they don’t face any discrimination or conflict as ethnic minorities, and they work collectively and live a peaceful life, I was so happy about it,” Dugin said, APA reported.
Dugin said that his visit to Ivanovka made deep impressions on him about the Russian community. “The residents of Ivanovka told me that they always feel the care of the state and nowhere in the world there is such calmness as in Azerbaijan. They told that they are not even concerned about letting their children out at nights. I have visited many countries, and I would say that no big cities have such high standard of living as in the village of Ivanovka.”
The Russian political analyst noted that during the visit he has witnessed what he had heard and read about the development of Azerbaijan.
“From my conversations with some Ivanovka residents and from my own observations, I concluded that the Russians, who are compactly residing in Azerbaijan, unlike those living in other countries of the South Caucasus, don’t want to leave the country. On the contrary, those who once went to other countries want to return to Azerbaijan,” he added.
Dugin also touched upon the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“After my meetings in Baku and Ismayilli, I once again realized that the Azerbaijani people stand against the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh and want peace. The Azerbaijani people are not hostile to ordinary Armenians, but only want the liberation of the occupied territories by peaceful means. However, certain forces are interested in constantly maintaining tension between the two nations. Russia is trying to contribute to the soonest settlement of the conflict,” he added.
Related news releases
- 24.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 24.09.2017The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group release statement on the meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs
- 24.09.2017Substantial negotiations on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement discussed in New York - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 23.09.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with OSCE Minsk Group Co-chairs - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with co-chairs today
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan says Armenian FM tries to portray Minsk Group co-chairs as ‘tourists’ or ‘event organizers’
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan declares US congressmen persona non grata
- 22.09.2017Armenians again set fire to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 22.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally to protest Armenian MPs’ visit to Baku
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on Sept. 23
- 21.09.2017Peace Platform congratulates Armenian, Azerbaijani peoples on Int’l Peace Day
- 21.09.2017Armenian MFA and MoD differ on idea of returning part of occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 21.09.2017Deputy PM: Peoples of Azerbaijan, Armenia tired of Karabakh conflict
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev calls Armenia ‘occupier’ at UN
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan says US congressmen’s illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh is being investigated
- 20.09.2017EU says it’s closely following Karabakh settlement process
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia tries to associate other countries with illegal occupation
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan urges OIC countries to limit all forms of co-op with Armenia
- 20.09.2017OIC Contact Group mulls Armenia’s aggression against Azerbaijan at UN
- 20.09.2017Turkish president: “We need to work harder for the resolution of Nagorno Garabakh” - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs expected to meet on Sept. 23 - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017US co-chair says he hopes meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs will create a basis for presidents’ meeting
- 18.09.2017ICRC: Issue of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev in spotlight
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan says it will never allow another Armenian state to be created in its sovereign territory
- 17.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 16.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 148 times
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan’s painful Karabakh problem is also Turkey’s problem – envoy
- 15.09.2017"France always sensitive about Karabakh conflict settlement process"
- 14.09.2017MP: Important to establish dialogue between Azerbaijani, Armenian youth within CIS
- 14.09.2017Farhad Badalbayli: Creation of OSCE Minsk Group was ‘biggest mistake’
- 14.09.2017Russian expert believes Karabakh conflict hinders strengthening of Moscow-Baku co-op
- 13.09.2017Turkish envoy: April battles showed what Azerbaijan is capable of doing
- 10.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 96 times
- 09.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade: “We offered to hold meeting of religious leaders on the Azerbaijan-Armenia border” - INTERVIEW
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Karabakh conflict ‘a major threat’ to regional peace, security
- 08.09.2017Patriarch Kirill: Current situation on Karabakh conflict cannot be considered acceptable
- 08.09.2017Armenians again set fire to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 08.09.2017US to allocate $1.5 mln for demining operations in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 05.07.2017ACSDA condemns another grave crime by Armenia against peaceful Azerbaijani civilians
- 05.07.2017Russian expert: International community should give assessment to killing of 2-year-old toddler and this atrocity
- 05.07.2017OSCE PA may express its attitude towards murder of Azerbaijani civilians by Armenians
- 05.07.2017Russian deputy: Armenian separatists’ act is provocation
- 05.07.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform issues statement on recent clash at contact line
- 05.07.2017Atrocities committed by Armenian armed units on July 4 - PHOTOS - 18+