Dugin: Azerbaijani people are not hostile to ordinary Armenians, but only want liberation of occupied territories by peaceful means
Russia's well-known public-political figure, philosopher, political analyst, translator, Professor of Lomonosov Moscow State University Alexander Dugin made a trip to Ivanovka village of Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli district on May 3.
“The Russians in Ivanovka told me that they live compactly and comfortably there, they don’t face any discrimination or conflict as ethnic minorities, and they work collectively and live a peaceful life, I was so happy about it,” Dugin said, APA reported.
Dugin said that his visit to Ivanovka made deep impressions on him about the Russian community. “The residents of Ivanovka told me that they always feel the care of the state and nowhere in the world there is such calmness as in Azerbaijan. They told that they are not even concerned about letting their children out at nights. I have visited many countries, and I would say that no big cities have such high standard of living as in the village of Ivanovka.”
The Russian political analyst noted that during the visit he has witnessed what he had heard and read about the development of Azerbaijan.
“From my conversations with some Ivanovka residents and from my own observations, I concluded that the Russians, who are compactly residing in Azerbaijan, unlike those living in other countries of the South Caucasus, don’t want to leave the country. On the contrary, those who once went to other countries want to return to Azerbaijan,” he added.
Dugin also touched upon the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“After my meetings in Baku and Ismayilli, I once again realized that the Azerbaijani people stand against the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh and want peace. The Azerbaijani people are not hostile to ordinary Armenians, but only want the liberation of the occupied territories by peaceful means. However, certain forces are interested in constantly maintaining tension between the two nations. Russia is trying to contribute to the soonest settlement of the conflict,” he added.
Related news releases
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Those responsible for Khojaly genocide still enjoy impunity
- 27.02.2018Requiem concert dedicated to Khojaly genocide held in Amsterdam
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by Rossiya-24 correspondent
- 26.02.2018Russian lawmaker urges world community to condemn Khojaly genocide
- 26.02.2018Film on Khojaly genocide screened on California’s TV channels
- 26.02.2018Turkish Foreign Ministry strongly condemns Khojaly massacre
- 04.05.2017Markedonov: Status quo in Karabakh conflict unlikely to be changed by Moscow or Washington
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani president: We restored Armenian church in Baku, while Armenia annihilated our cultural heritage in occupied lands
- 05.05.2017ICRC comments on reports of its workers being opened fire at by Armenians in Aghdam
- 03.05.2017Iranian MFA slams Armenian media for actions for personal gain
- 03.05.2017Indonesian envoy: Karabakh conflict is Azerbaijan’s internal affair
- 03.05.2017Ukrainian human rights defender joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform