DNA samples being taken from family members of those reported missing in Karabakh conflict – State Commission
The Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office, the Military Prosecutor’s Office, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the liquidated Ministry of National Security have initiated over 600 criminal cases against the terrorist acts committed by Armenia against Azerbaijanis, said Eldar Samadov, deputy head of the Working Group of the State Commission on Prisoners of War, Hostages and Missing Persons.
He made the remarks at a conference, titled “Armenia’s aggressive and state-level terrorism policy – a major threat to regional development and cooperation”, which was held in Baku on Tuesday, APA reports.
The conference was organized by the Working Group of the State Commission on Prisoners of War, Hostages and Missing Persons, the National Assembly of Youth Organizations of Azerbaijan and ASAN Service.
Samadov said that Armenia's chauvinist policy poses a threat to regional development.
"At the beginning as well as at the end of the 20th century, the policy of ethnic cleansing continued against the Azerbaijani people, which resulted in the occupation of 20 percent of the Azerbaijani territories. In the wake of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, 3,875 Azerbaijani citizens went missing,” he noted.
The ASALA terrorist organization is more than 100 years old, Samadov said, stressing that the organization is responsible for the killing of Turkish diplomats in different countries and cities.
He went on to say that the State Commission is in talks with the International Committee of the Red Cross on the fate of the missing Azerbaijani citizens.
“DNA samples are being taken from family members and relatives of the missing persons for future exhumation and identification. DNA samples are stored in the State Security Service’s hospital,” he said.
Gasim Hajiyev, employee of the Institute of Caucasian Studies at the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS) said that there was never an Armenian state in the Caucasus region.
"The Armenian state was artificially created. This state is a nest of terrorism," he added.
Related news releases
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani-born Armenian arrives in Baku
- 25.05.2018No discussion yet on date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting – Mammadyarov
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani FM: Proposing Karabakh separatists’ participation in talks means ‘killing’ peace process
- 25.05.2018FM: Azerbaijan ready for good neighborly relations with Armenia after restoration of its territorial integrity
- 24.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani people confident of restoring country’s territorial integrity
- 24.05.2018Trump: Coming months bring opportunities to resolve Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 23.05.2018FM: Armenia to resume Karabakh peace process in near future
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets personal representative of OSCE Chairman-in-Office
- 23.05.2018Russia vows to continue active role in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 23.05.2018ECHR soon to hear case of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia – attorney
- 22.05.2018Baku: Armenia bears int’l legal responsibility for occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 20.05.2018A serviceman of the Azerbaijan Army was killed as a result of another provocation of Armenia
- 20.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 93 times
- 18.05.201826 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Lachin district by Armenia
- 17.05.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region next month
- 17.05.2018Baku: It’s time for Armenian MFA to change ‘same old song’
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on 26th anniversary of occupation of Lachin by Armenia
- 16.05.2018Crisis Group expert: New gov’t in Armenia opens up new opportunities for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 16.05.2018Armenia’s occupation policy hinders peace in region: Azerbaijani parl’t speaker
- 15.05.2018OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs issue statement on Paris meeting
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan reiterates readiness to intensify talks for early settlement of Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 14.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov to discuss Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs
- 14.05.2018FM: Resettlement of Syrian Armenians in occupied Azerbaijani territories ‘unacceptable’
- 14.05.2018Armenia-Azerbaiajn Peace Platform holds meeting
- 13.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 12.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: If Pashinyan does not understand need for fair settlement of conflict, this is beginning of his tragedy
- 12.05.201824 years pass since declaration of ceasefire between Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Tigran Balayan trying to be extra active seeking promotion in new Armenian gov’t
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan slams Pashinyan’s proposal to accept separatist Karabakh regime as party in talks
- 10.05.2018Pashinyan’s statements contradict negotiation principles, says Azerbaijani diplomat
- 10.05.2018Bayram Safarov: Pashinyan will someday regret that he visited Shusha
- 09.05.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: The new Prime Minister of Armenia makes controversial statements about the negotiation process
- 09.05.2018Armenia’s new PM visits occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan allows some foreign media representatives to visit Nagorno-Karabakh
- 08.05.2018Six foreigners attempt to trespass Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan says ready for talks with Azerbaijan on Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.2018“Serzh Sargsyan's resignation was overdue”
- 08.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh is not disputed territory, Azerbaijan says
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan says Armenia’s position impedes political settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.201826 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan's Shusha city by Armenia
- 24.04.2018Andrew Schofer: U.S. continues to strongly support negotiated settlement to Karabakh conflict
- 25.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 25.04.2018Turkish president calls for settlement of Karabakh conflict in line with int’l law
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan says ready to continue Karabakh talks with sensible political forces in Armenia
- 24.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times