Co-coordinators of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform meet with French writer
On July 27, a meeting was held between “Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform” and famous French writer Gérard Cardonne.
Co-coordinators of the Peace Platform thanked the guests for their visit. Co-coordinator of the Peace Platform Suzan Jaghinyan informed the guests about the founding of “Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform”. She underlined that Armenian and Azerbaijan societies are tired from the conflict that continues more than 25 years. People want to live in peace and prosperity. Parents do not want to bury their children. Therefore, authorities of two conflicting countries have to sit around the negotiation table and peacefully settle Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict over the Nagorno-Karabakh. Then co-coordinator of “Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform” from Azerbaijan Orkhan Nabiyev told to the guests about plans, targets and the main principles of the Peace Platform. Orkhan Nabiyev also mentioned the importance of the people diplomacy in peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and underlined the importance of the cooperation in this field with the international organizations, above all with Minsk Group of OSCE.
Mr.Gerard Cardonne in his side also underlined the importance of people-to-people contacts between societies of Armenia and Azerbaijan as a stock offer for the peaceful solution of the conflict. He also recommended to the Peace Platform to become acquaintance with the experience of France and Germany in reconciling the two peoples after the long destructive wars. The guest also noted that the continuation of aggressive rhetoric does not contribute to the creation of a better mutual understanding between the two peoples. Emphasizing that the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict leads to the development of the whole region, Mr.Cardonne appreciated the activities of the Peace Platform between Armenia and Azerbaijan and its potential contribution in the future in this field. Mr.Cardonne promised to co-coordinators to promote the Peace Platform in establishing contacts in France.
In the end, the guests thanked the coordinators of the Peace Platform between Armenia and Azerbaijan and wished them success.
Platform coordinators expressed their gratitude for their advice.
Related news releases
- 17.10.2017OSCE Chairmanship welcomes fresh commitment by Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 17.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Sargsyan does not want to give up his habit of derailing talks
- 17.10.2017UN Secretary General welcomes summit between Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 16.10.2017Sargsyan: We agreed to take measures to further reduce tension on front line
- 16.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs will hold working sessions with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in near future
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents hold one-on meeting in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents meet in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet today
- 15.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 12.10.2017Meeting between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia to be held in Geneva next week
- 12.10.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s attempts to disrupt Karabakh talks failed - UPDATED
- 08.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 07.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs arrives in Baku
- 06.10.2017Book “Children – Innocent Victims of War” published in Azerbaijan
- 06.10.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: If separatism in Karabakh had been prevented earlier, there would not be Kurdish, Catalan crises
- 06.10.2017Organization of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting discussed in Yerevan
- 06.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM
- 06.10.2017Georgian Parl’t: No real int’l mediation for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 06.10.2017EU supports efforts towards Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 05.10.2017Armenians appeal to Russian Investigative Committee over historian Kuznetsov’s interviews to APA Information Agency
- 05.10.2017Armenian media distorts Czech Senate president’s remarks about Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 04.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 03.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Baku on Oct. 7
- 03.10.2017Ukraine committed to supporting Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – FM
- 02.10.2017“Catalonia referendum was one of events that were huge support to Azerbaijan in respect of Karabakh problem”
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 25th anniversary of Khojavand occupation by Armenia
- 02.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region this week
- 01.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 30.09.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 30.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.09.2017Turkish Foreign Ministry: "The visit of Turkish citizens to Nagorno-Karabakh was not coordinated with state bodies"
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia and its lobby in US engaged in unnecessary activity
- 30.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 30.07.2017Armed forces of Armenia fired at the settlements of Gazakh, Agstafa and Tovuz regions
- 02.08.2017Armenian soldier detained for attempting to sell power supply of ‘Igla’ missile
- 27.07.2017Azerbaijan Department of "The House of Friendship" in Volgograd joins Peace Platform
- 26.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign ministry, defense ministry issue joint statement
- 25.07.2017Armenia once again used combat UAVs