Books by Lithuanian authors on Armenian aggression presented in Baku
The books titled “The Tragedy of The Black Garden” and “The Resettlement of Peoples to the Caucasus: XX Century” by Lithuanian authors were presented at the Central Library of Science (CLS) in Baku March 15.
The presentation was attended by historians and public-political figures, APA reported.
Addressing the event, Nargiz Akhundova, head of the social sciences department of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS), emphasized the significance of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict being studied outside Azerbaijan.
“It’s gratifying of representatives of countries symbolizing European values to address this issue. The authors have also made reference to works by both Azerbaijani and foreign scientists with regard to the conflict,” she said.
Kamran Nabizade, head of the Azerbaijan-Lithuania interparliamentary working group, noted that the book’s publication is of huge importance in terms of the history of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and foreign scientists exposing Armenian lies.
“The book deals with Azerbaijan’s recent history in a systematic and laconic way. The book’s reference to Russian and other foreign academic sources is vitally important,” he said.
Algimantas Liekis, the author of the book titled “The Resettlement of Peoples to the Caucasus: XX Century”, noted that the people of Azerbaijan underwent numerous bloody events in the past century. According to the author, his purpose in writing the book was to show Lithuanians that there are peoples that have had more sufferings in the past century than them.
“Both countries have similar histories. We even have historical ties. In the 15th century, our country had ties with the Safavid dynasty. Azerbaijanis assisted Lithuanian partisans. Lithuania will always be with you,” he added.
Gintaras Visockas, the author of the book titled “The Tragedy of The Black Garden”, said he traveled to many regions of Azerbaijan, including the frontline zone.
“I was very impressed by getting familiarized with information on the Armenian terrorist organizations reflected in Azerbaijani books. I’ve read about the Sumgayit events. We also suffered from similar events. Lithuanian readers were shocked after learning that Yerevan once belonged to Azerbaijanis and now no Azerbaijanis are living there,” he added.
Book “The Tragedy of The Black Garden” published in the Lithuanian language last year consists of three parts. The first part contains the Lithuanian journalist’s publicist articles on his impressions about his trips to Baku, Ganja, Nakhchivan and Khojavand. The second part covers polemic with some Lithuanian politicians, observers and reviewers still supporting Armenia's occupation of Azerbaijani territory despite the UN Security Council resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. The third part tells about the problems faced by the Azerbaijani people over the past two hundred years.
Book “The Resettlement of Peoples to the Caucasus: XX Century” was published in the Lithuanian language in March 2016.
The book tells about the resettlement of Armenians to Azerbaijani territories 200 years ago, as well as to other regions of the South Caucasus from Turkey and Iran, the terrorist acts committed by Armenian nationalists against Azerbaijani people over the last 100 years, the ethnic cleansing, massacres and the occupation of Azerbaijani territories. The main purpose of the book is to prevent Armenian propaganda against Azerbaijan in Lithuania and inform Lithuania’s public about the crimes committed by Armenians against the Azerbaijani people.
Related news releases
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan’s military leadership visits frontline
- 23.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2017Armenian armed forces holding military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 21.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times
- 19.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 136 times
- 18.03.2017Armenia lost hopes and lives with depression – Azerbaijani president
- 18.03.2017Colombian Senate passes decision on 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
- 17.03.2017Ex-presidents express support for Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017Cultural worker from Ukraine joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017PM: April battles – a victorious page of Azerbaijan’s military history
- 17.03.2017Kwasniewski: No chance of progress in Karabakh talks without implementation of UN resolutions
- 17.03.2017Former Kyrgyz PM comments on country’s refusal to sign ECO declaration
- 16.03.2017Moscow says nothing hidden in Karabakh talks
- 16.03.2017Russian political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Change in status quo means liberation of occupied Azerbaijan lands
- 15.03.2017PACE members meet with IDPs
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani President: “For the first stage, negotiations should be resumed as soon as possible”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict underway in Baku
- 14.03.2017Ilham Aliyev urges foreign companies to avoid illegal activity in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 14.03.2017Russian journalist: Majority of Karabakh Armenians were forcibly “armenianized”
- 14.03.2017“If war erupts in Karabakh, Russia, Georgia and Turkey will be involved in it”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict kicks off in Baku
- 14.03.2017German MPs adopt Declaration on Khojaly Massacre
- 14.03.2017Russian political analyst calls for Khojaly Genocide recognition
- 14.03.2017Armenian-born researcher: Positive solution to Karabakh conflict is near
- 13.03.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian MPs planned to be held in French Senate
- 13.03.2017France respects Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says senator
- 13.03.2017French senator calls for restoration of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 13.03.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform expresses support for OSCE MG American co-chair
- 12.03.2017Azerbaijani army carries out artillery strike on Armenian strongpoint - VİDEO
- 12.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 11.03.2017US co-chair: Nagorno Karabakh problem differs from other conflicts in post-Soviet space
- 11.03.2017Richard Hoagland: We will check Armenian leadership’s political will next week
- 11.03.2017Hoagland: Russia's playing leading role in negotiation process is natural
- 11.03.2017US co-chair: It is necessary to return to negotiations table at highest level
- 11.03.2017French co-chair: Sides are willing to make progress
- 11.03.2017Vienna and St. Petersburg agreements should be implemented – Russian co-chair
- 10.03.2017Erdogan calls for immediate steps to resolve Karabakh conflict
- 10.03.2017US co-chair of OSCE Minsk Group arrives in Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2017Georgian professor joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017French president urges progress towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2017Putin: Russia continues to assist in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.03.2017Khalaf Khalafov: Armenia encourages relocation of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity cannot be negotiated
- 15.03.2017French President: “The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable”