Books by Lithuanian authors on Armenian aggression presented in Baku
The books titled “The Tragedy of The Black Garden” and “The Resettlement of Peoples to the Caucasus: XX Century” by Lithuanian authors were presented at the Central Library of Science (CLS) in Baku March 15.
The presentation was attended by historians and public-political figures, APA reported.
Addressing the event, Nargiz Akhundova, head of the social sciences department of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS), emphasized the significance of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict being studied outside Azerbaijan.
“It’s gratifying of representatives of countries symbolizing European values to address this issue. The authors have also made reference to works by both Azerbaijani and foreign scientists with regard to the conflict,” she said.
Kamran Nabizade, head of the Azerbaijan-Lithuania interparliamentary working group, noted that the book’s publication is of huge importance in terms of the history of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and foreign scientists exposing Armenian lies.
“The book deals with Azerbaijan’s recent history in a systematic and laconic way. The book’s reference to Russian and other foreign academic sources is vitally important,” he said.
Algimantas Liekis, the author of the book titled “The Resettlement of Peoples to the Caucasus: XX Century”, noted that the people of Azerbaijan underwent numerous bloody events in the past century. According to the author, his purpose in writing the book was to show Lithuanians that there are peoples that have had more sufferings in the past century than them.
“Both countries have similar histories. We even have historical ties. In the 15th century, our country had ties with the Safavid dynasty. Azerbaijanis assisted Lithuanian partisans. Lithuania will always be with you,” he added.
Gintaras Visockas, the author of the book titled “The Tragedy of The Black Garden”, said he traveled to many regions of Azerbaijan, including the frontline zone.
“I was very impressed by getting familiarized with information on the Armenian terrorist organizations reflected in Azerbaijani books. I’ve read about the Sumgayit events. We also suffered from similar events. Lithuanian readers were shocked after learning that Yerevan once belonged to Azerbaijanis and now no Azerbaijanis are living there,” he added.
Book “The Tragedy of The Black Garden” published in the Lithuanian language last year consists of three parts. The first part contains the Lithuanian journalist’s publicist articles on his impressions about his trips to Baku, Ganja, Nakhchivan and Khojavand. The second part covers polemic with some Lithuanian politicians, observers and reviewers still supporting Armenia's occupation of Azerbaijani territory despite the UN Security Council resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. The third part tells about the problems faced by the Azerbaijani people over the past two hundred years.
Book “The Resettlement of Peoples to the Caucasus: XX Century” was published in the Lithuanian language in March 2016.
The book tells about the resettlement of Armenians to Azerbaijani territories 200 years ago, as well as to other regions of the South Caucasus from Turkey and Iran, the terrorist acts committed by Armenian nationalists against Azerbaijani people over the last 100 years, the ethnic cleansing, massacres and the occupation of Azerbaijani territories. The main purpose of the book is to prevent Armenian propaganda against Azerbaijan in Lithuania and inform Lithuania’s public about the crimes committed by Armenians against the Azerbaijani people.
Related news releases
- 28.04.2017Elmar Mammadyarov commented on Foreign Ministers' Moscow meeting on Nagorno-Karabakh - EXCLUSIVE
- 28.04.2017Baku: Results of Moscow talks will be reported to presidents
- 28.04.2017Baku-born Armenian Erik Khachaturov visits office of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 28.04.2017Russian, Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs discuss Karabakh conflict - STATEMENT
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan to blacklist foreign musicians for illegally visiting Karabakh
- 27.04.2017Russian, Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet behind closed doors
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan: 179 unknown martyrs’ graves found in recent years
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s plan to hold int’l conference in Nagorno-Karabakh is another provocation
- 27.04.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to join meeting of Russian, Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs
- 27.04.2017Chair of Moldovan section of Int’l Human Rights Society joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 27.04.2017Italian ambassador: Karabakh conflict - region’s biggest problem
- 27.04.2017Florans Manjen: "Settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is a priority for France"
- 26.04.2017Russia delivers a new batch of modern weapons and military equipment to Azerbaijan
- 26.04.2017FM Mammadyarov to join tripartite meeting in Moscow – Foreign Ministry
- 26.04.2017Co-chairs meet with full Minsk Group in Vienna
- 26.04.2017Moscow: Russian, Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs to meet on April 28
- 25.04.2017Armenian soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 25.04.2017French presidential candidate vows to make ‘every effort’ to resolve Karabakh conflict
- 25.04.2017Lavrov: Moscow sees OSCE’s desire to help resolve Karabakh conflict
- 25.04.2017The Independent’s article distorts situation in region: Azerbaijani MFA
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani army eliminates Armenian soldier who violated ceasefire
- 25.04.2017Hollande: No military solution to Karabakh conflict
- 24.04.2017‘Peace Ambassador’ of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform from Poland appointed
- 24.04.2017Foreign doctors to examine Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenians: State Commission
- 23.04.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 114 times
- 21.04.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform, NGO “The Caucasus Interface” agree upon cooperation
- 21.04.2017Russian, Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs likely to meet on April 27
- 20.04.2017Polish health worker joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 20.04.2017Kamran Imanov: To justify its territorial claims, Armenia continues appropriation of Azerbaijan’s cultural heritage
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan pleased with stance of Muslim countries on Karabakh conflict – PA official
- 19.04.2017Russian, Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs may meet in Moscow
- 19.04.2017Associate Professor of Belarusian State University joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan to blacklist foreign companies operating illegally in its occupied territories
- 18.04.2017Russian Orthodox Church comments on CMO’s Khojaly appeal
- 17.04.2017Chairman of Association for Polish-Azerbaijani Cooperation joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.04.2017Head of Israeli Research Center joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.04.2017Azerbaijan Defense Minister met with Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council of Iran
- 16.04.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 14.04.2017Grandson of Armenian Drama Theater founder joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 13.04.2017Moldovan political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017Georgian professor joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017French president urges progress towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2017Putin: Russia continues to assist in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.03.2017Khalaf Khalafov: Armenia encourages relocation of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity cannot be negotiated
- 15.03.2017French President: “The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable”