Books by Lithuanian authors on Armenian aggression presented in Baku
The books titled “The Tragedy of The Black Garden” and “The Resettlement of Peoples to the Caucasus: XX Century” by Lithuanian authors were presented at the Central Library of Science (CLS) in Baku March 15.
The presentation was attended by historians and public-political figures, APA reported.
Addressing the event, Nargiz Akhundova, head of the social sciences department of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS), emphasized the significance of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict being studied outside Azerbaijan.
“It’s gratifying of representatives of countries symbolizing European values to address this issue. The authors have also made reference to works by both Azerbaijani and foreign scientists with regard to the conflict,” she said.
Kamran Nabizade, head of the Azerbaijan-Lithuania interparliamentary working group, noted that the book’s publication is of huge importance in terms of the history of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and foreign scientists exposing Armenian lies.
“The book deals with Azerbaijan’s recent history in a systematic and laconic way. The book’s reference to Russian and other foreign academic sources is vitally important,” he said.
Algimantas Liekis, the author of the book titled “The Resettlement of Peoples to the Caucasus: XX Century”, noted that the people of Azerbaijan underwent numerous bloody events in the past century. According to the author, his purpose in writing the book was to show Lithuanians that there are peoples that have had more sufferings in the past century than them.
“Both countries have similar histories. We even have historical ties. In the 15th century, our country had ties with the Safavid dynasty. Azerbaijanis assisted Lithuanian partisans. Lithuania will always be with you,” he added.
Gintaras Visockas, the author of the book titled “The Tragedy of The Black Garden”, said he traveled to many regions of Azerbaijan, including the frontline zone.
“I was very impressed by getting familiarized with information on the Armenian terrorist organizations reflected in Azerbaijani books. I’ve read about the Sumgayit events. We also suffered from similar events. Lithuanian readers were shocked after learning that Yerevan once belonged to Azerbaijanis and now no Azerbaijanis are living there,” he added.
Book “The Tragedy of The Black Garden” published in the Lithuanian language last year consists of three parts. The first part contains the Lithuanian journalist’s publicist articles on his impressions about his trips to Baku, Ganja, Nakhchivan and Khojavand. The second part covers polemic with some Lithuanian politicians, observers and reviewers still supporting Armenia's occupation of Azerbaijani territory despite the UN Security Council resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. The third part tells about the problems faced by the Azerbaijani people over the past two hundred years.
Book “The Resettlement of Peoples to the Caucasus: XX Century” was published in the Lithuanian language in March 2016.
The book tells about the resettlement of Armenians to Azerbaijani territories 200 years ago, as well as to other regions of the South Caucasus from Turkey and Iran, the terrorist acts committed by Armenian nationalists against Azerbaijani people over the last 100 years, the ethnic cleansing, massacres and the occupation of Azerbaijani territories. The main purpose of the book is to prevent Armenian propaganda against Azerbaijan in Lithuania and inform Lithuania’s public about the crimes committed by Armenians against the Azerbaijani people.
Related news releases
- 20.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Large part of present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Those responsible for Khojaly genocide still enjoy impunity
- 27.02.2018Requiem concert dedicated to Khojaly genocide held in Amsterdam
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by Rossiya-24 correspondent
- 26.02.2018Russian lawmaker urges world community to condemn Khojaly genocide
- 15.03.2017Georgian professor joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017French president urges progress towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2017Putin: Russia continues to assist in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.03.2017Khalaf Khalafov: Armenia encourages relocation of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity cannot be negotiated
- 15.03.2017French President: “The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable”