Books by Lithuanian authors on Armenian aggression presented in Baku
The books titled “The Tragedy of The Black Garden” and “The Resettlement of Peoples to the Caucasus: XX Century” by Lithuanian authors were presented at the Central Library of Science (CLS) in Baku March 15.
The presentation was attended by historians and public-political figures, APA reported.
Addressing the event, Nargiz Akhundova, head of the social sciences department of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS), emphasized the significance of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict being studied outside Azerbaijan.
“It’s gratifying of representatives of countries symbolizing European values to address this issue. The authors have also made reference to works by both Azerbaijani and foreign scientists with regard to the conflict,” she said.
Kamran Nabizade, head of the Azerbaijan-Lithuania interparliamentary working group, noted that the book’s publication is of huge importance in terms of the history of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and foreign scientists exposing Armenian lies.
“The book deals with Azerbaijan’s recent history in a systematic and laconic way. The book’s reference to Russian and other foreign academic sources is vitally important,” he said.
Algimantas Liekis, the author of the book titled “The Resettlement of Peoples to the Caucasus: XX Century”, noted that the people of Azerbaijan underwent numerous bloody events in the past century. According to the author, his purpose in writing the book was to show Lithuanians that there are peoples that have had more sufferings in the past century than them.
“Both countries have similar histories. We even have historical ties. In the 15th century, our country had ties with the Safavid dynasty. Azerbaijanis assisted Lithuanian partisans. Lithuania will always be with you,” he added.
Gintaras Visockas, the author of the book titled “The Tragedy of The Black Garden”, said he traveled to many regions of Azerbaijan, including the frontline zone.
“I was very impressed by getting familiarized with information on the Armenian terrorist organizations reflected in Azerbaijani books. I’ve read about the Sumgayit events. We also suffered from similar events. Lithuanian readers were shocked after learning that Yerevan once belonged to Azerbaijanis and now no Azerbaijanis are living there,” he added.
Book “The Tragedy of The Black Garden” published in the Lithuanian language last year consists of three parts. The first part contains the Lithuanian journalist’s publicist articles on his impressions about his trips to Baku, Ganja, Nakhchivan and Khojavand. The second part covers polemic with some Lithuanian politicians, observers and reviewers still supporting Armenia's occupation of Azerbaijani territory despite the UN Security Council resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. The third part tells about the problems faced by the Azerbaijani people over the past two hundred years.
Book “The Resettlement of Peoples to the Caucasus: XX Century” was published in the Lithuanian language in March 2016.
The book tells about the resettlement of Armenians to Azerbaijani territories 200 years ago, as well as to other regions of the South Caucasus from Turkey and Iran, the terrorist acts committed by Armenian nationalists against Azerbaijani people over the last 100 years, the ethnic cleansing, massacres and the occupation of Azerbaijani territories. The main purpose of the book is to prevent Armenian propaganda against Azerbaijan in Lithuania and inform Lithuania’s public about the crimes committed by Armenians against the Azerbaijani people.
Related news releases
- 23.08.2017UNICEF comments on killing of two-year-old Zahra by Armenians
- 23.08.201724 years passed since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli and Jabrayil districts by Armenian armed forces
- 20.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 127 times
- 17.08.2017Russia says Karabakh settlement among its ‘foreign policy priorities’
- 16.08.2017Richard Hoagland: We hope Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents will soon resume direct negotiations
- 13.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 136 times
- 12.08.2017Armenia shatters ceasefire 132 times
- 11.08.2017Richard Hoagland: Time has come for conflict parties to take steps to boost confidence
- 11.08.2017Co-chair: I hope that during next summit presidents will announce certain steps
- 11.08.2017Armenians again set fire to Azerbaijan's occupied territories
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani Ombudsperson calls on int’l organizations over latest Armenian provocation
- 09.08.2017No incident during OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 09.08.2017Andrzej Kasprzyk meets with head of Aghdam executive authority
- 08.08.2017Defence Ministry: One of members of enemy sabotage group was killed
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani state committee issues statement on latest Armenian provocation
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani MFA: Left unpunished, Armenia dares to target civilians, civil facilities
- 08.08.2017Armenians shelled village in Tovuz, 13-year-old boy injured
- 07.08.2017Iranian MFA: Karabakh talks should be continued
- 07.08.2017Draft resolution titled ‘The situation in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan’ put on agenda of UN General Assembly session
- 06.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 146 times
- 02.08.2017Armenian soldier detained for attempting to sell power supply of ‘Igla’ missile
- 30.07.2017Armed forces of Armenia fired at the settlements of Gazakh, Agstafa and Tovuz regions
- 30.07.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 28.07.2017Co-coordinators of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform meet with French writer
- 27.07.2017Azerbaijan Department of "The House of Friendship" in Volgograd joins Peace Platform
- 26.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign ministry, defense ministry issue joint statement
- 25.07.2017Armenia once again used combat UAVs
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia 'uninterested' in negotiated resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 23.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.07.201724 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district by Armenia
- 20.07.2017U.S. Department of State: The U.S. we will not accept the results of the so-called elections in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan says UN support for substantive talks on Karabakh settlement ‘highly appreciated’
- 20.07.2017Moscow: Place of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting not determined
- 19.07.2017Armenian soldier wounded in landmine explosion
- 19.07.2017Armenians set fire to Azerbaijan’s occupied territories
- 19.07.2017Lukashevich: Co-chairs are not wizards, they cannot ensure desired level of security in region
- 19.07.2017Lapshin’s final statement: I feel sorry about what happened
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan says use of water resources as a means of eco terror and pressure is state policy in Armenia
- 19.07.2017Lukashevich: OSCE MG co-chairs prepare for meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in New York
- 19.07.2017Turkey urges Armenia to stop military provocations against Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2017Georgian professor joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017French president urges progress towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2017Putin: Russia continues to assist in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.03.2017Khalaf Khalafov: Armenia encourages relocation of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity cannot be negotiated
- 15.03.2017French President: “The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable”