Book titled “Eight days in Armenian prison” by Khojaly genocide witness presented in Istanbul
Head Office of IHH Humanitarian Relief Foundation in Istanbul has held a presentation of the book “Eight days in Armenian prison” written by Durdane Aghayeva, a witness of the Khojaly genocide.
APA's Turkey correspondent reports that speaking at the ceremony, Durdane Aghayeva, who worked as telephonist in postal and telegraph department in Khojaly, said that she was captured by Armenian terrorists on February 26, 1992 and subjected to torture within 8 days.
“Every young girl has dreams, but Armenians deprived me of those dreams. I miraculously survived. After the next torture, the Armenians terrorists thought that I died and threw me into a bin in the yard of Asgaran police department. After I stayed there for 10 hours, they revealed that I was alive and again took me to the police department's basement and continued to torture. I stayed silent for 15 years. Finally, 3 years ago, I found the courage to write this book”, she said.
Durdane Aghayeva recommended to young people to read the book to know Armenians.
Then she signed the books for participants.
Note that the book “Eight days in Armenian prison” by Durdane Aghayeva was published in February 2016 by the IHH in 10,000 editions.
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Those responsible for Khojaly genocide still enjoy impunity
- 27.02.2018Requiem concert dedicated to Khojaly genocide held in Amsterdam
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by Rossiya-24 correspondent
- 26.02.2018Russian lawmaker urges world community to condemn Khojaly genocide
- 26.02.2018Film on Khojaly genocide screened on California’s TV channels
- 26.02.2018Turkish Foreign Ministry strongly condemns Khojaly massacre
- 26.02.2018Khojaly commemorative event held in Chicago
- 04.04.2016Azerbaijani Defense Minister tells Armed Forces to stand ready to launch devastating strikes on Khankendi
- 04.04.2016Two Azerbaijani civilians wounded after Armenians fire with artillery
- 04.04.2016Kerry and Lavrov discuss the situation in Nagorno Karabakh
- 04.04.2016Azerbaijani soldiers killed in clashes with Armenians buried
- 04.04.2016Defense Ministry: Azerbaijan not at war with Armenian civilians - INTERVIEW
- 04.04.2016German MP: Armenian forces must withdraw from occupied Azerbaijani territories