Baku: Nalbandian’s offensive attitude towards UNSC resolutions shows Armenia’s disrespect for UN Charter
Such an offensive attitude by Armenia’s foreign minister towards the UN Security Council (UNSC) resolutions demonstrates Armenia’s true image as a state, as well as its disrespect for the norms and principles of international law and the UN Charter, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry, told APA.
Hajiyev was commenting on the remarks Armenian Foreign Minister Eduard Nalbandian made at a meeting with the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs in Yerevan.
He said that Armenia is a UN member and thus obliged to fulfill UNSC resolutions in accord with the organization’s Charter.
"The use of force, aggression and invasion against another state is an act of international crime, which is prohibited according to the UN Charter. The requirements of the UNSC resolutions will remain on the agenda until they are fulfilled. The UNSC resolutions form the basis of the mandate of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs,” the spokesman said.
He stressed that the relevant resolutions were unanimously adopted by the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairing countries, which are permanent members of the UN Security Council.
“These resolutions condemn the use of force against Azerbaijan, reaffirm Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty, recognize Nagorno-Karabakh as an integral part of Azerbaijan and demand an immediate and complete withdrawal of Armenian troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories,” he added.
Hajiyev said that the statements full of hysterical, disturbing and false emotions by Armenia’s foreign minister and his colleagues are related to the forthcoming elections in Armenia and their concerns about their future.
“The people of Armenia, as well as those who live abroad and call themselves the Armenian diaspora understand that the current Armenian government is leading the country to collapse, bankruptcy, and to independence and sovereignty that exist only in dreams. In fact, there is no hint of sovereignty and independence in Armenia,” he added.
At a meeting with the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs in Yerevan on Feb. 8, Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian accused Azerbaijan of ignoring the agreements reached.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Dialogue must be established between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA comments on Armenian president’s congratulatory message to illegal regime in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Erdogan: One of greatest atrocities in human history happened in Khojaly
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister: War may break out at any time
- 19.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 17.02.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 26th anniversary of Garadaghli massacre
- 15.02.2018Moscow says hopes for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.02.2018Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan can be exchanged for Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev – State Commission
- 14.02.2018MFA: Armenia must finally understand that occupation of Azerbaijani lands will never produce desired political outcome
- 14.02.2018Russian musician off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018US Intelligence: Tension over Karabakh could develop into large-scale conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 12.02.2018Bulgaria president: Karabakh conflict can be settled only through peaceful means
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change Nagorno-Karabakh’s demographics ‘gross violation’ of int’l humanitarian law
- 11.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 131 times
- 11.02.201826 years pass since occupation of Malibeyli, Gushchular villages of Azerbaijan’s Shusha
- 09.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meets Armenian president
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia to remain isolated until occupied Azerbaijani lands get liberated
- 08.02.2018Armenian scientist banned from participating in Italy int’l conference for conducting research in Karabakh
- 08.02.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.02.2018Intensive talks to continue after presidential elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia – MFA
- 07.02.2018U.S. says will continue efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives OSCE MG co-chairs
- 06.02.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk visits Tartar District Executive Authority
- 04.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 130 times
- 03.02.2018Anti-Azerbaijan provocation prevented during scientific seminar in Moscow
- 02.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Nagorno-Karabakh
- 02.02.2018Foreign Ministry makes statement on scheduled visit of OSCE MG co-chairs to Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Armenia on Feb. 7
- 01.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies conditions for increasing number of OSCE observers on contact line of troops
- 01.02.2018Russian FM talks about increasing number of OSCE observers in Karabakh conflict zone
- 01.02.2018Italian FM comments on expansion of OSCE observation mission in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 01.02.2018OSCE chairman hails Russia’s crucial role in resolving regional conflicts
- 01.02.2018Russia’s Lavrov: OSCE to continue joint work to contribute to Karabakh conflict settlement
- 01.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,800 times in January
- 31.01.2018Russian MFA comments on possible role of Moscow-Ankara-Tehran format in settling Karabakh conflict
- 31.01.2018Russia takes measures to increase number of OSCE observes in Karabakh conflict zone – Foreign Ministry
- 31.01.2018France’s Macron says he will visit Nagorno-Karabakh after conflict settlement
- 09.02.2018Mogherini: EU supports Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity
- 09.02.2018EU: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict a ‘very big challenge’
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ presence in Azerbaijani territories remains major cause of non-settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani FM says there is ‘intensity, concrete and logical flow’ in Karabakh talks
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ withdrawal from Azerbaijani territories key to political settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.02.2018Armenia becomes a political, economic, energy and transportation dead-end – Azerbaijani president