Bahar Muradova: Armenia violated rules of war by committing military provocation in Alkhanli
A group of Azerbaijani parliamentarians, including Deputy Speaker Bahar Muradova on Thursday visited the graves of two-year-old Zahra Guliyeva and her grandmother Sahiba Guliyeva who were killed due to shelling of the Alkhanli village of the country’s Fuzuli district by Armenian armed forces on July 4, APA’s Karabakh bureau reported.
The deputies took part in a memorial event for the victims of the Armenian provocation and offered condolences to the bereaved families.
Later, they visited Salminaz Guliyeva, who was wounded in the Armenian provocation and is currently being treated in a hospital in the town of Horadiz.
Speaking to reporters, deputy speaker Muradova said that the Armenian army, through such criminal actions, intends to intimidate Azerbaijani civilians residing in settlements along the frontline and force them to move their homes.
“In addition, the process of returning to the liberated village of Jojug Marjanli has recently begun, in short, the purpose of the Armenian provocation was clear,” she said.
The deputy speaker stressed that by killing a toddler and an elderly woman, Armenia violated international law and the rules of war, however, once again failed to achieve its goals.
Armenia has proved itself to be an aggressor country, she added.
“Following these provocations, the true face of Armenians was revealed. We can assure you that representatives of 57 OSCE member states have openly expressed their hatred to the Armenians,” Guliyev said calling the Alkhanli incidents as a crime against humanity.
“Shooting a two-year-old child regardless of his/her nationality is a crime. The mask of Armenians slipped and the international community was informed about this incident,” he added.
On July 4 at about 20:40 (GMT+4 hours), the Armenian armed forces, using 82-mm and 120-mm mortars and grenade launchers, shelled the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district. As a result of this provocation, the residents of the village Sahiba Allahverdiyeva, 50, and Zahra Guliyeva, 2, were killed. Salminaz Guliyeva, 52, was injured.
- 26.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign ministry, defense ministry issue joint statement
- 25.07.2017Armenia once again used combat UAVs
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia 'uninterested' in negotiated resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 23.07.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.07.201724 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district by Armenia
- 20.07.2017U.S. Department of State: The U.S. we will not accept the results of the so-called elections in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan says UN support for substantive talks on Karabakh settlement ‘highly appreciated’
- 20.07.2017Moscow: Place of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting not determined
- 19.07.2017Armenian soldier wounded in landmine explosion
- 19.07.2017Armenians set fire to Azerbaijan’s occupied territories
- 19.07.2017Lukashevich: Co-chairs are not wizards, they cannot ensure desired level of security in region
- 19.07.2017Lapshin’s final statement: I feel sorry about what happened
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan says use of water resources as a means of eco terror and pressure is state policy in Armenia
- 19.07.2017Lukashevich: OSCE MG co-chairs prepare for meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in New York
- 19.07.2017Turkey urges Armenia to stop military provocations against Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani FM: Specific plan should be discussed for settling Karabakh conflict
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity supported by whole world
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan says holding illegal presidential election in Nagorno-Karabakh is ‘ridiculous’
- 17.07.2017Russia to be main organizer of planned meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani MFA responds to European Parliament member who visited Nagorno-Karabakh
- 14.07.2017Armenian woman visits graves of Azerbaijani civilians killed in Alkhanli
- 14.07.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Karabakh talks resumed without any preconditions
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Blood of little Zahra and her grandmother avenged
- 12.07.2017Baku: Mammadyarov, Nalbandian didn’t discuss creating any mechanisms
- 12.07.2017OSCE MG proposes meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 12.07.2017Russia’s Border Service edits info about exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 12.07.2017Argentine senator condemns Armenia's military provocation in Azerbaijani village
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani MFA: De-escalating the conflict without withdrawing the Armenian troops from the occupied territories of Azerbaijan would not bring solution to the problem
- 12.07.2017Next meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs to take part in New York
- 11.07.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers starts
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan appeals to Russia in regard to holding of exercises in its occupied territories
- 11.07.2017Chilean senator condemns Armenian military provocation in Azerbaijan’s Alkhanli
- 11.07.2017MEPs criticize Armenian shelling of Azerbaijani civilians
- 11.07.2017Russian, Armenian FMs mull Karabakh peace process
- 11.07.2017Baku: Meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to focus on current state of negotiation process
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Brussels
- 10.07.2017Dmitry Peskov: "We urge all parties to restrain and observe existing agreements"
- 10.07.2017Bundestag MP condemns Armenian atrocity in Fuzuli
- 10.07.2017Tehran: Death of Azerbaijani toddler in latest clashes ‘heartbreaking’
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan capable of downing Iskander missiles – defense minister
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan remains committed to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict, says defense minister
- 13.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 13.07.2017Ambassador: France supports regular negotiations on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani MPs visit Armenian-shelled Alkhanli village
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president calls for soonest resumption of substantive Karabakh talks